Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Paris / France
Posts: 13
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Carrier: Wifi

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Angry Wifi pretty slow / Mic sensitivity too low

I have noticed that transferring files through Wifi is painfully slow. I'm using Solid Explorer to access shared folders on my home servers.

However, it's not getting quicker than 700kb/s. I thought it might be my SD card but it's working fine and writing up to 12mb/s and reading up to 19mb/s.

The mic seems to be pretty weird on my Tab as well, any way to increase the recording volume? There's almost no pitch when I'm trying to dictate something and the results are horrible, presumably because the sensitivity is too low.

Any ideas?

iPhone User is offline  
Last edited by iPhone User; January 25th, 2013 at 11:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 25th, 2013, 11:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Emotionless Ogre
 
jwither's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Underground
Posts: 615
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113, Sony Google TV, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nextbook 7.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 57
Thanked 146 Times in 110 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhone User View Post
I have noticed that transferring files through Wifi is painfully slow. I'm using Solid Explorer to access shared folders on my home servers.

However, it's not getting quicker than 700kb/s. I thought it might be my SD card but it's working fine and writing up to 12mb/s and reading up to 19mb/s.

The mic seems to be pretty weird on my Tab as well, any way to increase the recording volume? There's almost no pitch when I'm trying to dictate something and the results are horrible, presumably because the sensitivity is too low.

Any ideas?
When you go into Settings, Wifi, then the active connection, what is the link speed and signal strength?
jwither is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: SW France
Gender: Male
Posts: 62
 
Device(s): Tab 2 7.0,(GT3100) 3g,16 Gig int mem, JellyBean 4.1.2, 32 gig sd card. S3 mini, JB 4.1.2, 32 gig sd
Carrier: Sim free, using local telco

Thanks: 9
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Cannot help with the speed but there is a free app called SpeakerBoost you can download from the playstore, it is really great as it tweaks all the sound including microphone (somehow - there is no direct mic amp, but it tunes it up anyway). There are dire warnings about applying too much power but it works fine for me.
hkmk23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Paris / France
Posts: 13
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Carrier: Wifi

Thanks: 6
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwither View Post
When you go into Settings, Wifi, then the active connection, what is the link speed and signal strength?
Very good, 54mbps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkmk23 View Post
Cannot help with the speed but there is a free app called SpeakerBoost you can download from the playstore, it is really great as it tweaks all the sound including microphone (somehow - there is no direct mic amp, but it tunes it up anyway). There are dire warnings about applying too much power but it works fine for me.
I'll give it a try, thanks!
iPhone User is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
Emotionless Ogre
 
jwither's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Underground
Posts: 615
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 GT-P3113, Sony Google TV, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Nextbook 7.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 57
Thanked 146 Times in 110 Posts
Default

First page of reviews for that file manager mentions an issue with SMB/CIFS shares. I'd try something else. I use File Manager HD and it's much faster than 700k.
jwither is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jwither For This Useful Post:
iPhone User (January 29th, 2013)
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.