Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 29th, 2014, 07:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Question Music Player

Hi all,

I'm new here, so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong forum. Last week my Samsung Tab 2 7.0 was updated to Android 4.2.2 and now all my playlists are sorted Z -> A instead of A -> Z and I can't find a way to change this.

Is it me? Or is it not possible to change the sorting order of a playlist with the build in Music Player App?

Thanks in advance,
Jottum

Advertisements
Jottum is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 29th, 2014, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
~30% Carbon Black
 
Mikestony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: N/W Indiana
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,881
 
Device(s): LG G3 (rooted)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 17,559
Thanked 14,420 Times in 8,900 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jottum View Post
Hi all,

I'm new here, so forgive me if I'm posting in the wrong forum. Last week my Samsung Tab 2 7.0 was updated to Android 4.2.2 and now all my playlists are sorted Z -> A instead of A -> Z and I can't find a way to change this.

Is it me? Or is it not possible to change the sorting order of a playlist with the build in Music Player App?

Thanks in advance,
Jottum
Welcome Jottum!
I saw your thread and moved it here to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 forum
Perhaps others with your device can offer help for you

I hope you get sorted!
Thanks for joining
Mikestony is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2014, 02:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikestony View Post
Welcome Jottum!
I saw your thread and moved it here to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 forum
Perhaps others with your device can offer help for you

I hope you get sorted!
Thanks for joining
Hi Mikestony,

Thanks for directing me to the proper forum. It's not that important (the sort thing) just annoying. I'd rather don't install another app if I don't have to, so I'll wait if someone can enlighten me.

Thanks for your welcome!
Jottum is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jottum For This Useful Post:
Mikestony (May 29th, 2014)
Old May 31st, 2014, 03:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
AnciusD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 257
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Victory, LG Optimus V, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 SE (GT-P3113) 4.1.1, A600(USB)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile, Cricket

Thanks: 28
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Default

I checked my 4.1.1 Tab 2 7" and don't see any sort option either. All I see is the option to change the playlist order manually, song by song. It does seem odd.
AnciusD is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AnciusD For This Useful Post:
Mikestony (June 1st, 2014)
Old June 1st, 2014, 04:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
I checked my 4.1.1 Tab 2 7" and don't see any sort option either. All I see is the option to change the playlist order manually, song by song. It does seem odd.
Hi AnciusD,

Thanks for your reply, om my version (4.2.2) I don't even see that option. Well, I guess I just have to bite the bullet and install a third party player.

Regards,
Jottum
Jottum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2014, 01:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
AnciusD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 257
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Victory, LG Optimus V, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 SE (GT-P3113) 4.1.1, A600(USB)
Carrier: Virgin Mobile, Cricket

Thanks: 28
Thanked 25 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jottum View Post
Hi AnciusD,

Thanks for your reply, om my version (4.2.2) I don't even see that option. Well, I guess I just have to bite the bullet and install a third party player.

Regards,
Jottum
On mine, pick a playlist, then options (3 horizontal lines), then choose Change Order, and then long press a song, drag and drop.
AnciusD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2014, 01:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
On mine, pick a playlist, then options (3 horizontal lines), then choose Change Order, and then long press a song, drag and drop.
Isn't there on my version, the menu says:

- Edit title
- Scan for nearby devices
- Alarm tone
- Settings
- Exit

Settings has no sort option either.

Thanks again,

Jottum
Jottum is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.