Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 7th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Angry Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT-P5200

Hi, I bought a Galaxy Tab 3 GT-P5200 last week and I have to say I am very disappointed with the overall speed of the tablet. Even when I have only 2 apps running sometimes I press the home button and it takes 3-4 seconds to respond and when the Home Screen appears it takes another 2 seconds for everything to show. When I type it takes also some time to show everything that I typed. Why is it doing that? Can I disable something or install something to make it faster? I disabled S Voice but still slow.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old December 7th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
- Crazy peacock person -

Device(s): Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (rooted), Motorola Atrix 2, Motorola Atrix 4G (retired), Motorola Bravo (retired
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 1,535 Times in 941 Posts

Welcome to Android Forums, benzidirk.

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your Tab 3. Its behavior certainly doesn't sound normal. I've moved this thread over to the Tab 3 board, where other owners of the device will be more likely to see it. We've got a great bunch of members here, so hang in there and we'll try to help you figure it out!

Old December 7th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodyBlues View Post
Welcome to Android Forums, benzidirk.

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your Tab 3. Its behavior certainly doesn't sound normal. I've moved this thread over to the Tab 3 board, where other owners of the device will be more likely to see it. We've got a great bunch of members here, so hang in there and we'll try to help you figure it out!
Thanks. I hope it's not normal behaviour as it's very frustrating.
Old March 23rd, 2014, 06:10 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

Unfortunately you’re not alone, I too made the mistake of buying this horrible tablet. I bought it to replace my aging, but beloved Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 3G. When I went to my local computer store I asked the salesperson which tablet under 400.00 would he want if he was buying one, in which he enthusiastically showed me the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 and swore by it, the display model wasn't working and was sÁratched all to hell which I should have seen as an omen. I had such good luck with my older Tab for so ĺong I wasn’t really asking any hard questions. I later learned from a friend who works in the repair center that the employees were instructed to push the Tab 3 10.1 as they have major inventory available do to less than stellar sales and high returns, 1 out of 3 sold are returned. So what exactly is wrong with the Tab 3, well besides pretty much everything, this thing is extremely llllaaaaggggyyyy, I am actually flabbergasted as to how this thing made it past quality control. The screen, though nothing serious wrong, if it was 2012 that is, the archaic resolution mixed with the comically large cartoonish looking theme is not only off putting and not very professional looking but the low DPI is very apparent. The build quality feels cheap as well as looks it, I can appreciate the size and weight but not at the expense of said build quality. Memory, 1GB just isn't enough for the extreme bloat that is TouchWiz, upon a new restart and you should check this out yourself as it's almost too crazy to believe, the system has only 300MB of free memory available left for apps. Try typing a long post in a forum like this using Chrome, then temporarily navigate away from Chrome to check your email, upon reentering Chrome the tab will have been refreshed and and work previous done is now lost, big memory problem here. So now I have to type all of my posts in QuickOffice as it saves your work constantly. Lag, yes again because I can not stress enough how un-optimized the Intel chip is for Touchwiz. Open up a few apps, then QuickOffice, now try to type a long post for a forum, you know because of the memory problem with Chrome, you will want to hang yourself after a minute of use. It is at least 3 to 5 words behind in typing, press the back button to delete and it won’t do anything, so you press it again and again, then all of a sudden it starts to delete one letter at a time in slow motion and there is nothing you can do but watch as it continues deleting until an entire paragraph is gone. That’s okay I’ll just click undo you say, except since it only deleted one character at a time you have to watch the whole debacle again but in reverse. When trying to use a Logitech bluetooth keyboard case this problem is amplified 10 fold. The tablet has now started to shut down for no apparent reason when I hold it on the far side of the screen after just a week of use, it has never left the Logitech case and sits on my table, build quality?

Okay so I'm starting to sound like a Troll here and that wasn't my intention, this thing just brings out the worst in me so I'll wrap it up. After the tablet comes back from repair because of the shutdown problem, it's immediately going up on eBay. In the mean time I bought a Nexus 10, something I should have done in the first place as this is a better tablet in every single way. Twice the resolution, literally, 2560 x 1600 vs. the paltry 1280 x 800 (a 400 dollar tablet needs to be at least 1080P in 2014, no excuse), twice the memory, 2GB vs. 1GB (the Tab 3 is in desperate need of an additional 1GB), 32GB SSD vs. 16GB SSD, better rear and front facing camera, much, much, much better build quality, it's like night and day in this area, built in HDMI, this is fantastic for gaming when paired with a PS3 gamepad or turning your TV into a computer, plus it supports true 1080P Desktop out, the Samsung MHL HDMI can only display it's desktop at 720P, doesn't charge the unit when plugged in (I know who designs these things or worst yet who said, "yep that will do just fine, release it) and it costs a whopping 50.00 for the privilege, unmolested Android, this is actually very important, not only does TouchWiz take up an obscene amount of storage space and system memory but it's missing a lot of the functionality that makes Jelly Bean cool, faster updates, no more waiting 8 plus months for a new update after Google releases them. Here's the craziest part, the Nexus 10 costs less than the Tab 3 10.1 or at least does here in Switzerland, 300.00 (I even got it in a sales bundle, included the official Nexus case plus the 32GB version) vs. the 350.00, plus 80 for the official Samsung case and 50 for the official Samsung MHL HDMI dongle, total, a whopping 480.00

Never before have I been so negatively affected by an inanimate object. I know a lot of people are hoping that the 4.4.2 update will somehow rejuvenate this technological mishap but do yourself a favor and put this turd up for sale and buy the superior Nexus 10.

I of course blame myself for not doing my homework, simply reading any of the many reviews on the Tab 3 10.1 would have turned me off as they all said the same thing, laggy and obsolete, buy the Nexus 10. Next time I will be more diligent, silly me for thinking that just because I had such great success with a previous Tab model from Samsung it would automatically mean the same for the next.

Anyone else considering the purchase of this tablet I hope my little story cured you of it.
Last edited by relic1138; March 23rd, 2014 at 06:14 AM.
Old March 24th, 2014, 03:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

Device(s): Samsung Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10, WindEnergy7, RoofMill, Opti-Volt7
Carrier: WindEnergy7

http://windenergy7.com

I have it and am very happy with mine. its a tab 3 10 running 4.2.2 and I use it every day.
Old September 17th, 2014, 04:15 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

Exclamation tab 3 101 gt-p5200 randomly shutdown

Hi, I have problem with my Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 gt p 5200.
Tablet without noticeable reason began randomly shut down by itself.
Sometimes in an hour goes off 5-6 times, and sometimes working 5-6 hours without turning off.
Tablet can not be sent to the service because it was purchased abroad.
On it is the original untouched Android 4.2.2.
I tried a factory reset and re-flash with the latest android from sammobile.com , but it didn't help.
Does anyone has a similar problem or solution.

Thanks in advance
Old September 17th, 2014, 02:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmedhusain View Post
Hi, I have problem with my Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 gt p 5200.
Tablet without noticeable reason began randomly shut down by itself.
Sometimes in an hour goes off 5-6 times, and sometimes working 5-6 hours without turning off.
Tablet can not be sent to the service because it was purchased abroad.
On it is the original untouched Android 4.2.2.
I tried a factory reset and re-flash with the latest android from sammobile.com , but it didn't help.
Does anyone has a similar problem or solution.

Thanks in advance
First, ooohhh bad purchase dude, the Tab 3 series is probably one of the most ill conceived Tablet series on the market, especially the 10" model with that ridiculously slow Intel processor. Anyway I was once in your shoes before I managed to pawn it off on some poor unsuspecting victim in the classifieds. The problem your having is the battery cable is loose, you have to open it up then use a piece of tape to secure the cable across the battery. Not much else you can do, use Google to search on bow to crack it open, it's not that hard, then I would recommend selling it after it's fixed. In the future I wouod recommed staying away from Samsung's low end tablets, their just plain garbage.
Last edited by relic1138; September 17th, 2014 at 02:52 PM.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1