Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 26th, 2012, 02:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Cannot upgrade from Honeycomb to ICS, kies saying latest firmware.

So my dad won a Samsung galaxy tab 7.0 plus from some competition in Nigeria and sent it to me seeing as I live in the UK. I took out the Nigerian sim and put a T-mobile sim card in .I believe the Tablet is wifi+3G with calling capabilities.

When connected to kies, under firmware information I see this "Current firmware version:PDA:KL9/ PHONE:KL7 / CSC:KL2(ECT)". The latest version is said to be the info I've quoted.

I'm not really sure what to do to upgrade to ICS. I've read up on using a software called odin to manually install it but I'm a noob at things like this and really wouldn't like to brick my tablet.

Any help would be much appreciated, also sorry if this has been asked before.

arkhamz is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 27th, 2012, 12:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Killer Psychologist
 
chanchan05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,779
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SL (I9003), Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus (P6200), Samsung Galaxy SIII mini (i8190)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 140
Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,941 Posts
Default

Basically, it means that the official ICS firmware has not yet been released for the Nigerian devices. Firmware updates are released in different batches per country. For example I only got my update a couple of weeks ago, more than a month after it was released for European devices. Since your device came from Nigeria, its system ID identifies it as such, and will only get the official update when the Nigerian update is ready. You will just have to wait if you don't want to flash it with an unofficial generic ICS build.
__________________
https://shared.com?ref=51950 100GB free storage. WOW.

Worried about your health? Take the True Health Assessment now! Click HERE
chanchan05 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 03:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanchan05 View Post
Basically, it means that the official ICS firmware has not yet been released for the Nigerian devices. Firmware updates are released in different batches per country. For example I only got my update a couple of weeks ago, more than a month after it was released for European devices. Since your device came from Nigeria, its system ID identifies it as such, and will only get the official update when the Nigerian update is ready. You will just have to wait if you don't want to flash it with an unofficial generic ICS build.
Ah okay, I see. Do you know where I can get a hold of an unofficial generic ICS build?
arkhamz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
miksumortti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Finland
Gender: Male
Posts: 14
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus - GT-P6210
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhamz View Post
Ah okay, I see. Do you know where I can get a hold of an unofficial generic ICS build?
Go to sammobile.com/firmware/ and download the right one for your device. Then flash it with Odin or Heimdall.
miksumortti is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksumortti View Post
Go to sammobile.com/firmware/ and download the right one for your device. Then flash it with Odin or Heimdall.
Okay, should I download the UK firmware? or will it not be compatible with a non-uk device?
arkhamz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 11:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
miksumortti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Finland
Gender: Male
Posts: 14
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus - GT-P6210
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhamz View Post
Okay, should I download the UK firmware? or will it not be compatible with a non-uk device?
The UK should be OK, I flashed the UK firmware on US model and works great.
miksumortti is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 05:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksumortti View Post
The UK should be OK, I flashed the UK firmware on US model and works great.
Thank you very much.
arkhamz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:44 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.