Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 17th, 2012, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default 7.7 Stuck in Download Loop

My 7.7 is stuck in a Downloading loop and I'm glad I bought it from Amazon UK who have agreed to replace it. I've tried holding the power button down until the downloading screen disappears but it re-appears almost immediately. The 7.7 is less than 30 days old and I've just done one official OTA upgrade when offered it. I've Googled for help but this problem seems rare as I've not found anyone else with it.

Advertisements
sponsored links
Old March 18th, 2012, 03:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaugerer View Post
My 7.7 is stuck in a Downloading loop and I'm glad I bought it from Amazon UK who have agreed to replace it. I've tried holding the power button down until the downloading screen disappears but it re-appears almost immediately. The 7.7 is less than 30 days old and I've just done one official OTA upgrade when offered it. I've Googled for help but this problem seems rare as I've not found anyone else with it.
I allowed my battery to go flat overnight with the downloading screen on and I've been able to re-boot this morning. I am going to avoid powering down until I get a usb cable which will allow me to re-flash the stock ROM if I get more trouble.
Old March 20th, 2012, 01:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Sadly, I have arranged to return my 7.7 as I have been unable to fix it despite re-flashing the stock ROM. However, the good news is the re-order price has dropped 100 probably due to the iPad3 release.
Old March 22nd, 2012, 04:44 AM   #4 (permalink)

Device(s):

I had the same issue a week back. Luckily I purchased the tablet from Officeworks in Melbourne and both Officeworks and Samsung were more than happy to exchange it on the spot. Paid a little extra but I think it was worth it!
Old March 22nd, 2012, 01:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrossberg View Post
I had the same issue a week back. Luckily I purchased the tablet from Officeworks in Melbourne and both Officeworks and Samsung were more than happy to exchange it on the spot. Paid a little extra but I think it was worth it!
I did a re-flash of the stock ROM which got me out of the download loop and I've discovered that if you then do a factory reset then that solves the problem but I wonder why it happened in the first place. You can also let the battery go flat to get out of the download loop then do a factory reset after charging and reboot.

You are the only other person I've heard with this problem so it seems quite rare.
Last edited by gaugerer; March 22nd, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old April 30th, 2012, 06:34 AM   #6 (permalink)

Device(s):

My 7.7 got stuck downloading an app, but I managed to get it to stop eventually. However, now it won't do anything from wi-fi. It says it's connected, has a strong signal, but if I go to an app like facebook, gmail, etc it just won't ever update... it just keeps having the little update circle go round and round. Do you think doing a factory reset will work?
Old May 14th, 2012, 01:05 AM   #7 (permalink)

Device(s):

Notsure

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellimelb View Post
My 7.7 got stuck downloading an app, but I managed to get it to stop eventually. However, now it won't do anything from wi-fi. It says it's connected, has a strong signal, but if I go to an app like facebook, gmail, etc it just won't ever update... it just keeps having the little update circle go round and round. Do you think doing a factory reset will work?
Yep, same. Have a fll signal and just will not connect to Play Store or open a browser window.
Old May 14th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):

Try letting the battery go flat then do a factory reset.

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7