May 21st, 2012, 04:38 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 174 Times in 67 Posts
How To Fix Samsung Gem Screen
Repair a damaged screen or other internal parts on your Samsung Gem using this detailed video repair guide. If your screen has become cracked or damaged, following this guide will allow you replace a screen or nearly any internal component on your device.
This guide will help you to install the following Samsung Gem part(s):
- Samsung Gem Touch Screen Digitizer
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips (For Touch Screen Repair)
- Hot Air Gun / Hair Dryer (optional)
Samsung Gem apart guide:
- The first step will be to remove the back battery cover and battery. You can then use a small Phillips screwdriver to remove the six screws in Figure 1.
- We can now use a safe open pry tool to begin prying along the outside edges to release the clips allowing you to fully remove the back housing from the rest of the device.
- With the back housing removed we now have full access to the motherboard. On the motherboard we will need to release the vibrate motor which is held in place with adhesive. We will also need to release the volume button flex cable which is held to the housing plate with adhesive. Simply use a safe open pry tool to release the adhesive and pull the cable away.
- With the above cables released we can now carefully lift the motherboard. It will still be held in place with one (1) pop connector located in figure 3. Use a safe open pry to to release this cable.
- With the motherboard removed we can now release the two (2) jaw connectors located on the back plate. Use a safe open pry tool to lift the flap on the jaw connector and gently pull the cable out from there. The upper jaw connector will need to be released for the headphone jack, then the fully headphone jack flex will need to be removed from the device. It will be lightly clipped in place.
- We can now begin prying the back plate from the front screen assembly. Use a pry tool to release all the clips holding the housing in place. Be careful of the large screen flex cable which will be fed through this housing.
- With the back plate removed we now have access to the back of the LCD screen. There will be two (2) more jaw connector that will need to be released as shown in figure 5.
- Once all connections on the back of the LCD are released we can heat the front of the touch screen using a heat gun or hair dryer. Use medium heat for around 45 seconds around the outside edges. Use quick movements (don't stay in one place too long).
- With the adhesive fully heated, use a safe open pry tool to begin releasing all the adhesive holding the touch screen to the front housing.
- The touch screen digitizer can now be removed from the front housing, leaving only the housing and LCD screen.
- You can now replace the touch screen, or carefully pry the LCD screen and replace that as well.
Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.
Repairs Universe's guides are for informational purposes only.
Please click here for details
Learn about restrictions on reproduction
and re-use of Repairs Universe's repair/take-apart/installation guides, and about creating hyperlinks to our guides.