Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Gravity Smart

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jasonpyktel

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 25th, 2011, 04:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question Samsung Gravity Smart

You a real technology wizard if you can find this out:
Can the samsung gravity smart be rooted?
How can I get flashplayer to work on the samsung gravity smart?

LetMeKnow is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 25th, 2011, 04:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Beware The Milky Pirate!
 
El Presidente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 26,673
 
Device(s): Xperia Z1, Nexus 7 3G, HTC One X, SGS3 Mini
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 14,058
Thanked 15,874 Times in 8,527 Posts
Default

It doesn't look like you can root it unfortunately.

Nor will flash work by the looks of things, sorry.
__________________
Site Rules & Guidelines / Staff List / Ask the Staff
Want to bring naughty posts to our attention? Use:
Be respectful to each other - That's what we're all about.
El Presidente is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2011, 01:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: somewhere
Posts: 23
 
Device(s): Samsung Gravity Smart Android os v2.2.2 Froyo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default Never say Never Respectfully

While I applaud you on your obvious know how, but never say never. Give a little time and someone will figure it out, just for the sport of it. The harder a something is the more attractive to hack, crack, root...ect That certain something will become.

Keep Moving Forward,
Ramothgold
ramothgold is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2011, 06:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Default

I can confirm that Super One Click works, make sure that you download the drivers from the samsung website, I'm not sure about the posting links here cause I am new, but a quick google search will lead you to it. I have successfully used it on 2 phones now and both have root access! Make sure it is the most recent version!
tangodown09 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2011, 09:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Bedford, Ma
Posts: 1
 
Device(s): Cliq 2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Adobe Flash apk for armv6 try this.....

flash_player 10.1 armv6 android.apk - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
nfl24nb is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Here ya go, I did this with basically no sleep for 32 hours. So it's a little messy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMg5LfPW5m4&feature=player_detailpage
tangodown09 is offline  
Last edited by tangodown09; August 4th, 2011 at 02:25 PM. Reason: wrong link
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tangodown09 For This Useful Post:
El Presidente (August 4th, 2011)
Old August 4th, 2011, 02:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Beware The Milky Pirate!
 
El Presidente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 26,673
 
Device(s): Xperia Z1, Nexus 7 3G, HTC One X, SGS3 Mini
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 14,058
Thanked 15,874 Times in 8,527 Posts
Default

Thank you!

I'll sticky your thread in the Root subforum if that's alright?
El Presidente is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to El Presidente For This Useful Post:
tangodown09 (August 4th, 2011)
Old August 4th, 2011, 04:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Yes, that's perfectly fine to sticky it!
tangodown09 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Beware The Milky Pirate!
 
El Presidente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 26,673
 
Device(s): Xperia Z1, Nexus 7 3G, HTC One X, SGS3 Mini
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 14,058
Thanked 15,874 Times in 8,527 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodown09 View Post
Yes, that's perfectly fine to sticky it!


Stuck!
El Presidente is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 05:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: somewhere
Posts: 23
 
Device(s): Samsung Gravity Smart Android os v2.2.2 Froyo
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I am a t-mobile user of the gravity smart. Would it be possible for you to post a list of the stock apps you uninstalled safely? I would like to free up as much room as humanly possible. Thanks again

Keep moving forward,
Ramothgold
ramothgold is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 4th, 2011, 06:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 10 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Check the all things root topic that is now stickied, I posted a list of what I have removed safely!
tangodown09 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 07:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool rom manager

Hi, I used super one click and got root access and then installed rom manager but when i try and flash clockworkmod it ask me to confirm phone model and gives me about 10 choices but the gravity smart is not one of them. Im trying to flash clockworkmod so i can use it to partition my sd card and install my apps there. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks , Tim
tokicku is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 02:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
Beware The Milky Pirate!
 
El Presidente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 26,673
 
Device(s): Xperia Z1, Nexus 7 3G, HTC One X, SGS3 Mini
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 14,058
Thanked 15,874 Times in 8,527 Posts
Default

Welcome Tim

Does Clockwork work on Samsung phones? Don't they use Odin for stuff like that?

You're best to partition the SD Card with windows/Linux: Properly Partition SD Card For App2SD+ Android ROMs
El Presidente is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2011, 02:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
Welcome Tim

Does Clockwork work on Samsung phones? Don't they use Odin for stuff like that?

You're best to partition the SD Card with windows/Linux: Properly Partition SD Card For App2SD+ Android ROMs
Thanks for the response. I printed out the instructions and did everything it said but when it says to "create another new partition in the unallocated space but set this one as ‘Logical’ with ‘ext2’" i couldn't because it grays out the option for logical and only allows you to choose primary partition even though i have already created the primary partition. I tried everything i could think on there but the logical drive option is always grayed out. Any other suggestions. I use my phone for my ebay business so i need several apps and im down to about 20 megs of internal memory since i cant install the apps to the sd card. Thanks again, Tim
tokicku is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2011, 02:38 AM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 60
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 15
Thanked 35 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokicku View Post
Thanks for the response. I printed out the instructions and did everything it said but when it says to "create another new partition in the unallocated space but set this one as ‘Logical’ with ‘ext2’" i couldn't because it grays out the option for logical and only allows you to choose primary partition even though i have already created the primary partition. I tried everything i could think on there but the logical drive option is always grayed out. Any other suggestions. I use my phone for my ebay business so i need several apps and im down to about 20 megs of internal memory since i cant install the apps to the sd card. Thanks again, Tim
i just hooked up a 2nd partition, 512mb ext 2 primary, trying Link2Sd right now, so far so good, seems pretty cool
Arhtard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2011, 06:31 AM   #16 (permalink)
Beware The Milky Pirate!
 
El Presidente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 26,673
 
Device(s): Xperia Z1, Nexus 7 3G, HTC One X, SGS3 Mini
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 14,058
Thanked 15,874 Times in 8,527 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokicku View Post
Thanks for the response. I printed out the instructions and did everything it said but when it says to "create another new partition in the unallocated space but set this one as ‘Logical’ with ‘ext2’" i couldn't because it grays out the option for logical and only allows you to choose primary partition even though i have already created the primary partition. I tried everything i could think on there but the logical drive option is always grayed out. Any other suggestions. I use my phone for my ebay business so i need several apps and im down to about 20 megs of internal memory since i cant install the apps to the sd card. Thanks again, Tim
Take a look at this post, does that help at all? It mentions the Nexus One, but it should ring true for any Android Device.

You'll need the Android SDK installed on your PC and USB Debugging enabled on your phone for it to work though.

I've never done it myself, but if you experience any issues, I'll do what I can to assist. If I can't help, I can ask some of the other guides for assistance.
El Presidente is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2011, 11:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
Take a look at this post, does that help at all? It mentions the Nexus One, but it should ring true for any Android Device.

You'll need the Android SDK installed on your PC and USB Debugging enabled on your phone for it to work though.

I've never done it myself, but if you experience any issues, I'll do what I can to assist. If I can't help, I can ask some of the other guides for assistance.
thanks for the help! The info on that linked worked perfect. I used the android sdk and java jdk with the steps your link provided and i am now installing on my sd card. Thanks again! Tim
tokicku is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2011, 02:49 AM   #18 (permalink)
Beware The Milky Pirate!
 
El Presidente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 26,673
 
Device(s): Xperia Z1, Nexus 7 3G, HTC One X, SGS3 Mini
Carrier: EE

Thanks: 14,058
Thanked 15,874 Times in 8,527 Posts
Default

Good, glad you're sorted!
El Presidente is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2011, 01:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Well i seem to have uninstalled something i shouldn't have. I unistalled drivesmart and tmobile id since i dont use either and the tmobile ID they charge monthly for if you accidentally click on it. After i uninstalled these my phone rebooted and when it came back on it said "the application samsung home (process.com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again. Any idea on how i could fix this?
tokicku is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2011, 02:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 60
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 15
Thanked 35 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokicku View Post
Well i seem to have uninstalled something i shouldn't have. I unistalled drivesmart and tmobile id since i dont use either and the tmobile ID they charge monthly for if you accidentally click on it. After i uninstalled these my phone rebooted and when it came back on it said "the application samsung home (process.com.sec.android.app.twlauncher) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again. Any idea on how i could fix this?
are you familiar with adb and how to use it to push files to your phone?
seeing how you removed those files, i'm gathering that you're rooted.
if you want i can email you those 2 apps that you deleted and you can push them back into your /system and do a reboot, if that doesnt fix, do a factory reset... this is of course assuming that you're still using the factory recovery and not been lucky enough to find a custom recovery thats compatable like clockworkmod.. anyway, its not the end, you, me and a few others have deleted/uninstalled apks that we shouldnt have and are trading files back and forth. just let me know what u decide u want to do.
Arhtard is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 23rd, 2011, 02:48 PM   #21 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arhtard View Post
are you familiar with adb and how to use it to push files to your phone?
seeing how you removed those files, i'm gathering that you're rooted.
if you want i can email you those 2 apps that you deleted and you can push them back into your /system and do a reboot, if that doesnt fix, do a factory reset... this is of course assuming that you're still using the factory recovery and not been lucky enough to find a custom recovery thats compatable like clockworkmod.. anyway, its not the end, you, me and a few others have deleted/uninstalled apks that we shouldnt have and are trading files back and forth. just let me know what u decide u want to do.
Im sorta familiar with adb,i used it to make my ap2sd work but im not sure how to push the files in. Thanks you very much for your help. My email is tokicku@yahoo.com if you could send me those files and a brief instruction on the commands i need i would really appreciate it. I already tried a factory recovery and it didnt fix it.
tokicku is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2011, 03:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 60
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 15
Thanked 35 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokicku View Post
Im sorta familiar with adb,i used it to make my ap2sd work but im not sure how to push the files in. Thanks you very much for your help. My email is tokicku@yahoo.com if you could send me those files and a brief instruction on the commands i need i would really appreciate it. I already tried a factory recovery and it didnt fix it.
ok emailing you in a sec.
yeah, a factory reset wont fix it if the files are not present.
i wish it had a "image" to reset to, but unfortunately it just wipes all settings.

are you able to use root explorer or file expert at all?
or is your fone constantly force closing?
Arhtard is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2011, 03:22 PM   #23 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arhtard View Post
ok emailing you in a sec.
yeah, a factory reset wont fix it if the files are not present.
i wish it had a "image" to reset to, but unfortunately it just wipes all settings.

are you able to use root explorer or file expert at all?
or is your fone constantly force closing?
all it will do is turn on and display a samsung screen and then that message then after a few minutes it goes back to the samsung screen. Oh yea, it shows that message then force closes.
tokicku is offline  
Last edited by tokicku; August 23rd, 2011 at 03:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2011, 11:34 PM   #24 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default cyanogen bricked my phone

Installed cyanogen, for some different roms, all was installing and so forth, then asked me to clear cache and stuff, then said it had to reboot, pressed ok for it to do that, phone powered off, now I can't turn my phone on at all, totally non responsive. I pushed all the stupid little magic buttons, but still nothing.
mikethepoolguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2011, 05:43 PM   #25 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've got 2 gravity smarts rooted>>>>>it can be done>>>>>I just wish I could remember where I got the universal rooting app from
mrweedy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2012, 10:57 AM   #26 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 32
 
Device(s): Samsung Gravity Smart AKA GT2 Huawei u8150 Ideos AKA T-Mobile Comet Pantech P9070 Burst AKA Presto
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

hi , I NEED HELP...i tried to flash a rom, and now i have NO OS on the phone....if ANYONE has a link to the stock os\rom , PLEASE post it..
dpwguenther is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2012, 09:59 PM   #27 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetMeKnow View Post
You a real technology wizard if you can find this out:
Can the samsung gravity smart be rooted?
How can I get flashplayer to work on the samsung gravity smart?
You can root the Samsung Gravity Smart such as I have done so myself. With SuperOneClick 2.3.3 shortfuse download... Download to your computer laptop or desktop and if don't have one find one. Than connect your phone usb wise. enable debugging and make sure enable storage is off not on. Than click on the app and when pops up click shell root. It will take a bit and bit to find phone. Than it will possibly bring some message or warning click ignore and it continues and is successful in completing. After that click on the allow non market apps and or other apps believe stated like that, I am kind of blur in memory to a degree being late for me. after that turn off phone and turn back on. Install a root app usually couldn't the superuser app is only for granting permission to it, so don't expect to see a full list of apps. In a root uninstall app now there you'll see a full list. So every root app click on when click to open superuser pops up allow or deny option and that is how it works. I think there are some people confused and thinking something is wrong because full list of apps don't show in it and don't fully understand it's purpose. This will be fast , simple and free of charge unless choose to donate to the person who created app. Which comes up with app comes up to donate now or later options. I donated later of course making sure worked first. Peace and hope all is well and enjoy rooted device such as I have with my Samsung Gravity Smart t589
damewolf13 likes this.
jasonpyktel is offline  
Last edited by El Presidente; October 3rd, 2012 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Nice first post.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Gravity Smart
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Gravity Smart is the first Android inductee into Samsung's Gravity line. It is described as a phone for serious text-fiends, and the slide-out QWERTY keyboard gets that message across loud and clear. The Gravity Smart is a mid-range... Read More

Tags
samsung gravity smart


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Gravity Smart
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.