Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung i7500

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 14th, 2009, 10:19 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Physical buttons died

Hi, new here but have lurked a bit

I've had my phone for a while now but a few days ago some of the physical buttons stopped working. I'm not sure why but the home, call pick up, and camera buttons now no longer function. Has this happened to anybody else?

I'd have assumed this was a physical fault immediately, however when the screen is darkened (power save?) if I press any of the "failed" buttons then it will light up again! I'd be interested in knowing whether there are any diagnostic tools available for this also.

Failing anything else I'll be phoning O2 to get phone replaced!

Thanks,

Chris

PS - I've updated to II4 via the NPS update and they are still broken.

Advertisements
geekboyuk is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 14th, 2009, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Rastaman-FB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 6,113
 
Device(s): HTC Desire (depreciated) Blue Galaxy s3 (international)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 1,016 Times in 838 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekboyuk View Post
Hi, new here but have lurked a bit

I've had my phone for a while now but a few days ago some of the physical buttons stopped working. I'm not sure why but the home, call pick up, and camera buttons now no longer function. Has this happened to anybody else?

I'd have assumed this was a physical fault immediately, however when the screen is darkened (power save?) if I press any of the "failed" buttons then it will light up again! I'd be interested in knowing whether there are any diagnostic tools available for this also.

Failing anything else I'll be phoning O2 to get phone replaced!

Thanks,

Chris

PS - I've updated to II4 via the NPS update and they are still broken.
so we have a 1st to know that ii4 is now available via nps?

seems my contact came through then as he stated something will be done about o2 updates this week

as for your device, is the anyway you can navigate to your settings and do a factory reset?
none of the buttons are stuck down are they (volume, camera etc)
Rastaman-FB is offline  
Last edited by Rastaman-FB; October 14th, 2009 at 10:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 10:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastaman-FB View Post
so we have a 1st to know that ii4 is now available via nps?
I've been reading about your contact and I guess so! Thank you for giving them a prod! I've was checking NPS daily up until last Friday, checked it again today and tada! You get a notification pop up straight away in NPS and can just update - works well. I now have the rubbish II4 keyboard that my wife has been moaning about on her i7500!

As for my phone I'll try factory reset!
geekboyuk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 10:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Rastaman-FB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 6,113
 
Device(s): HTC Desire (depreciated) Blue Galaxy s3 (international)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 1,016 Times in 838 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekboyuk View Post
I've been reading about your contact and I guess so! Thank you for giving them a prod! I've was checking NPS daily up until last Friday, checked it again today and tada! You get a notification pop up straight away in NPS and can just update - works well. I now have the rubbish II4 keyboard that my wife has been moaning about on her i7500!

As for my phone I'll try factory reset!
hahaha, ive not seen the ii4 or ii5 keyboard as i use "better keyboard" as its well, better and completely skinable
Rastaman-FB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 10:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Factory reset did the trick! Thank you.

I'd be interested to know why they stopped working in case either myself or someone else has same issue... hopefully it's just a one off though
geekboyuk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 10:48 AM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kam187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,320
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 47 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Probably a conflict with some program you installed.
kam187 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Buy the Samsung i7500
Sign up for instant notification when the Samsung i7500 goes on sale!
Samsung i7500

When Samsung joined the Open Handset Alliance, excitement and anticipation engulfed the mobile world. With industry leading mobile phones such as the Samsung Instinct and Samsung Omnia already on the market, expectations soared. The speculation can f... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung i7500
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.