Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung i7500

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 29th, 2010, 09:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Galaxy GT-I7500L update issues

Hello, I am having problems with my Galaxy after trying to update to 1.6

To start I will explain my phone a bit. This is a 7500L that started its life as a Bell phone, but I have paid the $75 to unlock it and am, well was (lol), using it on Virgin Mobile Canada.

I have tried many different firmwares, each with different results. Some problems i have had with them include a boot loop or never-ending startup music (very annoying). But every version I have tried all leave me with the same major problem. No service. I can search for networks, which I can find Rogers Wireless (tho I cannot connect to it).

I have tried the following solutions:
1. Add the Bell APNs
2. Use a different version firmware & roll back to original.
3. Putting my SIM in another phone (works fine)
4. Using one package in Odin / deleting the cache/amss files / using the individual BOOT,PHONE,PDA,CSC files / just using BOOT, PDA, CSC / I have even tried just flashing the PDA file (currently using it like this)

I have ensured that I have been doing a factory reset right before and right after the flash... I just don't know what else to do. Been reading the forums for almost a week now trying to fix this!

I appreciate any help I can get with this, and will be checking back every twenty mins or so If more info is needed.

Best, Trevor.

noroads is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 29th, 2010, 10:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Snazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 460
 
Device(s): i7500L, Nexus One, Nook Color, Samsung Galaxy SII
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 37 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Bell Apn will not work on the virgin network. You must use the virgin apn.
Snazzy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 11:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzy View Post
Bell Apn will not work on the virgin network. You must use the virgin apn.
I just looked at my girlfriends Blackberry to get the Virgin Mobile APN and hers is showing pda.bell.ca

I'm going to go to google and try to find an APN for Virgin Mobile, I appreciate the input. What are the chances of it being pda.virginmobile.ca

Edit: I was just reading over at Howard Forums to use the same APN as Bell customers.
noroads is offline  
Last edited by noroads; November 29th, 2010 at 11:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 11:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Snazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 460
 
Device(s): i7500L, Nexus One, Nook Color, Samsung Galaxy SII
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 37 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Yes I just read the same article. Bell acquired Virgin couple of years ago.

Hmm, not sure why it is not working for you. My Bell APN is as you state pda.bell.ca
Snazzy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2010, 06:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Lelouch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Križevci, CROATIA
Posts: 655
 
Device(s): Samsung i7500 Galaxy on GAOSP 3 with Gingerbread and LG Optimus One :p
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 71 Times in 67 Posts
Default

Try putting your girlfriends APN settings to see if it works (can't hurt to try ).

Or you can try Galaxo 1.6.3.3 or go for GAOSP (now Bell friendly) to see if that ROMS maybe have the APN you need. Better to say, ditch Sam*censored stock ROM and go for Galaxo first and GAOSP later.
Lelouch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2010, 01:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Been working on this in my free time but still no luck. I have put the APN settings in just as they appear on the gf's blackberry but it still won't work. I am also running GAOSP which is very neat but still doesn't get service.

When I flashed the BOOT/PHONE/PDA/CSC files originally I found out after to not flash the phone file. By only flashing BOOT/PDA/CSC afterwords will that erase the PHONE or just reflash the other 3 files, leaving the PHONE file from previous flashes? This is the very last solution I can think of, will try for a few more days still though.
noroads is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2010, 02:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Snazzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 460
 
Device(s): i7500L, Nexus One, Nook Color, Samsung Galaxy SII
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 37 Times in 32 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by noroads View Post
Been working on this in my free time but still no luck. I have put the APN settings in just as they appear on the gf's blackberry but it still won't work. I am also running GAOSP which is very neat but still doesn't get service.

When I flashed the BOOT/PHONE/PDA/CSC files originally I found out after to not flash the phone file. By only flashing BOOT/PDA/CSC afterwords will that erase the PHONE or just reflash the other 3 files, leaving the PHONE file from previous flashes? This is the very last solution I can think of, will try for a few more days still though.
Ahh yes if you flashed the radio portion (AMSS?) then yes you will have problems as the Bell i7500L has a unique radio. Unfortunately Bell never released an update for this phone so we have no files from them. All is not lost as the Brazilian i7500L has the same radio as us and those files are floating around which you can find by searching through the threads here.

Your solution I think is to find and flash ALL the Brazilian files via Odin, boot and confirm your phone works on Bell 3G. If that works then start again but DO NOT include the AMSS this time. There is a couple of great threads here specifically how to flash a Bell i7500L without the radio.

Good luck!
Snazzy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2010, 10:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Blame it on me
 
DaSchmarotzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Québec, Canada
Posts: 3,087
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 442
Thanked 1,558 Times in 783 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzy View Post
Ahh yes if you flashed the radio portion (AMSS?) then yes you will have problems as the Bell i7500L has a unique radio. Unfortunately Bell never released an update for this phone so we have no files from them. All is not lost as the Brazilian i7500L has the same radio as us and those files are floating around which you can find by searching through the threads here.

Your solution I think is to find and flash ALL the Brazilian files via Odin, boot and confirm your phone works on Bell 3G. If that works then start again but DO NOT include the AMSS this time. There is a couple of great threads here specifically how to flash a Bell i7500L without the radio.

Good luck!
In fact the original Bell firmware was released, so there's no need to use a Brazilian firmware (although it's a good solution).

There's a tutorial right here on how to use Odin with a Bell i7500L.
DaSchmarotzer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Buy the Samsung i7500
Sign up for instant notification when the Samsung i7500 goes on sale!
Samsung i7500

When Samsung joined the Open Handset Alliance, excitement and anticipation engulfed the mobile world. With industry leading mobile phones such as the Samsung Instinct and Samsung Omnia already on the market, expectations soared. The speculation can f... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung i7500
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:54 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.