Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung i7500

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rastaman-FB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 6,113
 
Device(s): HTC Desire (depreciated) Blue Galaxy s3 (international)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 1,016 Times in 838 Posts
Default Bell Canada users and Brazilian Users - Galaxy 7500L (notice the L)

There is now a tutorial to follow for I7500L users, it's right there. There is also a link to the BMIK6 firmware in that tutorial (original one for Bell users).

Or, if you want to flash with Galaxy firmware files - for a newer system version REMOVE the AMSS file from the galaxy odin files before you flash. You should also remove the cache.img, as it's provider stuff.

If you forget to do this you will need to reflash with the original 7500L files, or you wont get reception on 850 and WCDMA frequencies.

http://www.gfeijo.eti.br/samsung-galaxy-rom-versao-i7500luiii2/

(This is not a 7500L update, just the original flash files.)

With the release of some new and strange I7500L firmwares (for other regions), maybe we'll get an official 1.6 firmware soon in Canada or in Brazil.

I sure hope so.

Rastaman-FB is offline  
Last edited by DaSchmarotzer; June 22nd, 2010 at 08:33 AM. Reason: Added tutorial link and some info
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
informale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 704
 
Device(s): Samsung GT-i7500 @ Galaxo 1.6.3.4 / JC6
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 34 Times in 26 Posts
Default

I would advice Bell Canada users to return their phones until Samsung makes itself clear about the future updates.
informale is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rastaman-FB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 6,113
 
Device(s): HTC Desire (depreciated) Blue Galaxy s3 (international)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 1,016 Times in 838 Posts
Default

Infinite possibilities. Samsung Galaxy? (GT-I7500L) - all phones - mobile phones | SAMSUNG

it seems this is the galaxy i7500L and not the standard i7500.
this would explain why there is an issue, it supports different sims and different frequencies

EDIT:

Im going to sticky this in the morning.
i7500L is not an i7500 even though they are almost identical
Rastaman-FB is offline  
Last edited by Rastaman-FB; December 13th, 2009 at 06:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
informale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 704
 
Device(s): Samsung GT-i7500 @ Galaxo 1.6.3.4 / JC6
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 34 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastaman-FB View Post
it seems this is the galaxy i7500L and not the standard i7500.
this would explain why there is an issue, it supports different sims and different frequencies
Are you suggesting it is so different from European i7500, that Samsung will definitely update to 1.6/2.0/2.1 (you name it )? I doubt it. It may have some nasty new stuff, but the hardware is probably essentially the same.

Oh, and L probably means "locked from unauthorised flashing" $)

Can't someone with untouched i7500L dump the CSC from the phone?
informale is offline  
Last edited by informale; December 13th, 2009 at 06:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2009, 08:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Bomberman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Peoples Republic of South Yorks.
Posts: 342
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SII - HTC Desire - GT-i7500 for my sins (on way back to o2! :D)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 17
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Default

I don't think he is suggesting that at all. If anything it's more depressing as this was a hope that Samsung would actually support the galaxy.
Bomberman is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2009, 12:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'm thinking of picking up one of these and curious whether the rooting methods are OK?
doan_1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2009, 02:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rastaman-FB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 6,113
 
Device(s): HTC Desire (depreciated) Blue Galaxy s3 (international)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 1,016 Times in 838 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by informale View Post
Are you suggesting it is so different from European i7500, that Samsung will definitely update to 1.6/2.0/2.1 (you name it )? I doubt it. It may have some nasty new stuff, but the hardware is probably essentially the same.

Oh, and L probably means "locked from unauthorised flashing" $)

Can't someone with untouched i7500L dump the CSC from the phone?
No I'm not saying that at all.
What I'm saying is this, the i7500l (latin american) radio stack supports different frequencies to the eu counterpart. For a start its umts so flashing a eu rom and radio stack will not be good.
Rooting should be fine though bit be aware there is no standard recovery to flash back too.
Rastaman-FB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2009, 05:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Croatia
Posts: 102
 
Device(s): i7500@IL5
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastaman-FB View Post
For a start its umts so flashing a eu rom and radio stack will not be good.
I'm confused. Isn't UMTS used in Europe (alongside with GSM)? It's used here in Croatia, and I always liked to believe that we are part of Europe (territorially at least ) There is no UMTS in UK?
screaminbug is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2009, 07:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rastaman-FB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 6,113
 
Device(s): HTC Desire (depreciated) Blue Galaxy s3 (international)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 1,016 Times in 838 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by screaminbug View Post
I'm confused. Isn't UMTS used in Europe (alongside with GSM)? It's used here in Croatia, and I always liked to believe that we are part of Europe (territorially at least ) There is no UMTS in UK?
UMTS is 3g but uk and alot of euro countries use HSDPA which runs under different frequencies to UMTS which usually runs at 2100 freq
Rastaman-FB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2009, 07:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Croatia
Posts: 102
 
Device(s): i7500@IL5
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastaman-FB View Post
UMTS is 3g but uk and alot of euro countries use HSDPA which runs under different frequencies to UMTS which usually runs at 2100 freq
HSDPA is just an extension to UMTS. It works "under" UMTS, hence it uses the same frequency band as UMTS.

However, UMTS itself is made to operate on different freq. bands. As you stated, for Europe that's band I (W-CDMA 2100). On the other hand, both North and South America use band II and band IV is used by some operators in USA (T-Mobile, I think).

So it's all same ole' UMTS. If you have phone that supports quad-band UMTS (like Samsung i7500 ) you can use it in both Europe and America.
screaminbug is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 14th, 2009, 08:06 AM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rastaman-FB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 6,113
 
Device(s): HTC Desire (depreciated) Blue Galaxy s3 (international)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 1,016 Times in 838 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by screaminbug View Post
HSDPA is just an extension to UMTS. It works "under" UMTS, hence it uses the same frequency band as UMTS.

However, UMTS itself is made to operate on different freq. bands. As you stated, for Europe that's band I (W-CDMA 2100). On the other hand, both North and South America use band II and band IV is used by some operators in USA (T-Mobile, I think).

So it's all same ole' UMTS. If you have phone that supports quad-band UMTS (like Samsung i7500 ) you can use it in both Europe and America.
maybe but as far as operators are concerned they seperate it.
normal galaxy does not work on canadian frequencies for 3g data even though its quad band this is why they got the i7500L

Im not going to take this off topic talking about the pedantics of how the phone industry refers to technologies.
there are two versions of alot of devices for this reason (moto droid for example)


there are lots of people that cannot use a standard galaxy in US and Canada for 3g data
Rastaman-FB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2009, 09:13 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Croatia
Posts: 102
 
Device(s): i7500@IL5
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastaman-FB View Post
maybe but as far as operators are concerned they seperate it.
normal galaxy does not work on canadian frequencies for 3g data even though its quad band this is why they got the i7500L
I stand corrected. Galaxy is, by specs, only GSM quad-band, not UMTS qb. So yes. It makes sense there is a modified version for Canadian market (in order for data to work).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastaman-FB View Post
I'm not going to take this off topic talking about the pedantics of how the phone industry refers to technologies.
Now, don't get me wrong. I didn't mean to discredit you in any way. Ultimately you are right. I just wanted to point out that little thing about UMTS, just for clarity sake, ie. UMTS is used everywhere, just on different bands.

And I apologize to everyone for introducing my mistake about Galaxy's quad-band capabilities. With that said, it's clear why one would need a specific baseband for use in Canada.

From specs of i7500L
Cellular Networks:
GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS850, UMTS1900

As opposed to regular i7500
Cellular_Networks:
GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS900, UMTS1700, UMTS2100
screaminbug is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2009, 09:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
jthreads's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: London UK
Posts: 104
 
Device(s): mv -v iphonne3G_3GS > /dev/null cd ~/Nexus1
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Try something like this, I haven't being able to look any further as I'm at work, but this link seems to give a hint to how unlock the Galaxy i7500. Good luck

http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=5137374
jthreads is offline  
Last edited by jthreads; December 14th, 2009 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Added the link ;)
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2009, 09:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rastaman-FB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 6,113
 
Device(s): HTC Desire (depreciated) Blue Galaxy s3 (international)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 1,016 Times in 838 Posts
Default

link?
Rastaman-FB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2009, 04:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kam187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,320
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 47 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Qualcom's use 'simsecure' which is an encrypted secure nvram structure. It doesnt get replaced by flashing of course because it holds phone specific stuff like IMEI and simlock details.

The basrband from the canadian phones probably has a different structure, and so it cant find the simlock info anymore. More than likely even entering the 'valid' unlock code wont fix it. Flashing it back to the correct baseband should tho.

What build does the canadian version come with anyway?

If you really want to flash II5 remove the AMSS file from the tar. Thats the baseband firmware. Then it will probably work fine.
kam187 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2009, 07:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 19
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Any idea how I can get the original Bell baseband back?

Bell offers to unlock their HSPA phones after the 30 day warranty has expired for $75. Do you think their process would unlock it even though I'm currently running Galaxo1.1?

...also tried re-flashing II5 without the AMSS file, which didn't work. I'm assuming it didn't work because I never reflashed the phone with the original Bell baseband?

Might try to return to Bell under DOA if I can't this resolved.

Thanks in advance, all the info and help is much appreciated
manoccs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2009, 08:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 59
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

sorry to hijack, but this thread seems relevant to my question

would the gsm version of the phone work the the hspa sim card? i.e. could I use my phone bought online and use it with the bell network?
mvnjpy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2009, 09:45 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kam187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,320
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 47 Times in 29 Posts
Default

manoccs: Its not easy to extract the AMSS out of the phone but it IS possible. If you're desperate and have a friend who has an unflashed phone meet me on irc and i'll talk you through it. It doesnt require much knowledge from you to execute the commands and sw i need

mvnjpy: It should work, but I think they use 850 and 1900 bands for 3g over there. samsung only supports 1700 and 2100 if i remember corectly. Have a quick google and check.
kam187 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 12:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 13
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy & HTC Dream
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy I'm totally down!! and desperate!! and mad!!!! and !@#!@

I tried to root my galaxy from bell (before this post was posted) 'm still having problems with it i can't unlock it, and i cant get the original recovery image from bell what can i do? D: I called bell but they are such a @#$#$ they do not understand my problem, and then when someone understood he told me that even if i unlock my phone is not going to work, so that guy in bell told me to take the phone to the store and that they should replace it, but i called the store and the guy toll me that he can't replace it -.-, he told me to take the phone to an repair store, so i went there and the guy said to me "Come back in 3 days our software is not compatible for your phone" i was like freaking mad! but i know that even if i unlock the phone is not going to work right? i need the bell's recovery image or something like that.

Please please someone try to get the BELL CSC or recovery image please!, my phone is useless right now, I've been like this for like 8 days D: without any good answer from bell D:

(sorry for my English still learning xD)
KUATEMACHU is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 01:23 AM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 59
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUATEMACHU View Post
I tried to root my galaxy from bell (before this post was posted) 'm still having problems with it i can't unlock it, and i cant get the original recovery image from bell what can i do? D: I called bell but they are such a @#$#$ they do not understand my problem, and then when someone understood he told me that even if i unlock my phone is not going to work, so that guy in bell told me to take the phone to the store and that they should replace it, but i called the store and the guy toll me that he can't replace it -.-, he told me to take the phone to an repair store, so i went there and the guy said to me "Come back in 3 days our software is not compatible for your phone" i was like freaking mad! but i know that even if i unlock the phone is not going to work right? i need the bell's recovery image or something like that.

Please please someone try to get the BELL CSC or recovery image please!, my phone is useless right now, I've been like this for like 8 days D: without any good answer from bell D:

(sorry for my English still learning xD)
hate to say I told you so? i know i'm not being helpful, but it's your own fault for trying to root the phone. it's at your own risk. why blame bell or anyone else? you shouldn't waste the time of customer service though.
mvnjpy is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 20th, 2009, 02:14 AM   #21 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 13
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy & HTC Dream
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvnjpy View Post
hate to say I told you so? i know i'm not being helpful, but it's your own fault for trying to root the phone. it's at your own risk. why blame bell or anyone else? you shouldn't waste the time of customer service though.
i never said that wasn't my fault -.-. I just said that the customer service in bell suck that's it. I know that is my fault for trying to root it and if i have to pay i will, i just need the bell's recovery file that's it and i'll be happy if some could help instead saying "I told you"
KUATEMACHU is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 08:01 AM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
informale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 704
 
Device(s): Samsung GT-i7500 @ Galaxo 1.6.3.4 / JC6
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 34 Times in 26 Posts
Default

I would say, that customer service SHOULD help unfortunate users for EXTRA FEE. Simply because it is indeed user's fault to brick the phone.

Have you tried calling Samsung Customer Service directly?
informale is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 08:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kam187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,320
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 47 Times in 29 Posts
Default

If you flashed the AMSS, i.e. flashed with odin an entire image, then you're out of luck untill they release an update. You have flashed the baseband of your phone with an incompatable version.

If you just flashed the custom recovery and update.zip then its repairable now. More than likely you odin'd to II5 with an all in one package first which is the problem. It has nothing to do with the recovery image or the CSC
kam187 is offline  
Last edited by kam187; December 20th, 2009 at 08:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2009, 03:34 PM   #24 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 13
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy & HTC Dream
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam187 View Post
If you flashed the AMSS, i.e. flashed with odin an entire image, then you're out of luck untill they release an update. You have flashed the baseband of your phone with an incompatable version.

If you just flashed the custom recovery and update.zip then its repairable now. More than likely you odin'd to II5 with an all in one package first which is the problem. It has nothing to do with the recovery image or the CSC
I flashed with odin II5 following this tutorial http://androidforums.com/samsung-i7500/13692-how-odin-galexo-rom-s.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by informale View Post
I would say, that customer service SHOULD help unfortunate users for EXTRA FEE. Simply because it is indeed user's fault to brick the phone.

Have you tried calling Samsung Customer Service directly?
Yes i did but they told that i have to call bell D:
KUATEMACHU is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 11:14 AM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rastaman-FB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 6,113
 
Device(s): HTC Desire (depreciated) Blue Galaxy s3 (international)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 1,016 Times in 838 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUATEMACHU View Post
I flashed with odin II5 following this tutorial http://androidforums.com/samsung-i7500/13692-how-odin-galexo-rom-s.html



Yes i did but they told that i have to call bell D:
yeah, thats not rooting the phone. thats flashing a new rom onto it and then applying a custom rom.
slightly different from rooting.

Im afraid that you have a long wait unless you can send it off to samsung to get reflashed but they will probably charge you a small fortune
Rastaman-FB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 01:29 PM   #26 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 13
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy & HTC Dream
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastaman-FB View Post
yeah, thats not rooting the phone. thats flashing a new rom onto it and then applying a custom rom.
slightly different from rooting.

Im afraid that you have a long wait unless you can send it off to samsung to get reflashed but they will probably charge you a small fortune
Yes I know, I decided to send it to repair in bell, I paid like 40$ for desposit and then I have to wait for two weeks .
KUATEMACHU is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2009, 05:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rastaman-FB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 6,113
 
Device(s): HTC Desire (depreciated) Blue Galaxy s3 (international)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 1,016 Times in 838 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUATEMACHU View Post
Yes I know, I decided to send it to repair in bell, I paid like 40$ for desposit and then I have to wait for two weeks .
ouch.
might speak to the senior admins and ask them if its worth creating a new forum called i7500L to stop people getting confused.

you think this would help other people like yourself who thought it was safe?
Rastaman-FB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2009, 06:22 PM   #28 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 13
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy & HTC Dream
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastaman-FB View Post
ouch.
might speak to the senior admins and ask them if its worth creating a new forum called i7500L to stop people getting confused.

you think this would help other people like yourself who thought it was safe?

Yes it would,. after i'll get my phone could you tell me how to get the bell's CSC and they i could post it if someone have the same problem, because it's annoying do not find it anywhere xD

and thanks for the help
KUATEMACHU is offline  
Last edited by KUATEMACHU; December 22nd, 2009 at 06:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2009, 10:44 PM   #29 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 29
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy I7500L
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy I almost flashed...

I'm a Brazilian user who has a Samsung Galaxy I7500L and was trying to flash to a new ROM.

The actual version in my Galaxy is I7500LUII2 and it has the bugs you guys don't have anymore in the last ROMs.

And more, the operator specific software is someway installed that you can't uninstall it. Is there a way to get the rid of it?

I was hopping to try the GalaxHero ROM and Galaxo but according to this post it is not possible, is it?

Thanks guys... this forum rocks!
andremuller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2009, 02:55 PM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kam187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,320
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 47 Times in 29 Posts
Default

If you use SEPERATE flashes and don't flash the 'PHONE' tar, or the AMSS.img you _should_ be ok. Its still risky untill they release a copy of firmware for your phone.

If you want to attempt the above, then the first thing to do is to root the phone using 'try3' and take backups of all your partitions using cat or dd.

again this is VITAL! DO NOT USE A FULL TAR, OR JUST FLASH IT UNLESS U FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT I"M SAYING! And i take no responsibility if you screw up your phone

If you want me to talk you through it feel free to jump on irc - freenode server and channel #i7500

Its totally your own responsibility if you want to risk trying it
kam187 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 26th, 2009, 05:01 PM   #31 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 72
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremuller View Post
I'm a Brazilian user who has a Samsung Galaxy I7500L and was trying to flash to a new ROM.

The actual version in my Galaxy is I7500LUII2 and it has the bugs you guys don't have anymore in the last ROMs.

And more, the operator specific software is someway installed that you can't uninstall it. Is there a way to get the rid of it?

I was hopping to try the GalaxHero ROM and Galaxo but according to this post it is not possible, is it?

Thanks guys... this forum rocks!
Sorry for speaking in Portuguese, but I'm so piss off with Samsung that I have to open my heart with another Brazilian who is facing the same problem! It's unbelievable that Samsung is just selling the Galaxy in Brazil with the same old and buggy initial firmware used on the first Galaxy's European!

Fala, André!
Também estou exatamente com os mesmos problemas que o seu! Comprei há duas semanas o Galaxy na VIVO e estou completamente frustrado com o telefone!
Eu também ia "flashear" o galaxy com o GALAXO, mas como o nosso modelo é diferente do europeu, não podemos fazer essa atualização...

Estou mobilizando a internet inteira contra a Samsung, pois acho um desaforo os caras nos venderem celulares com firmware desatualizados e com problemas já conhecidos do mercado europeu! É muita safadeza!
Qualquer coisa, me encontra nos fóruns abaixo:
Samsung Galaxy - vários problemas | Meio Bit

Samsung Galaxy - vários problemas! - Fórum INFO
Fernando Rodrigues is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2009, 05:35 PM   #32 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 72
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have two questions for you guys (the hackers):
1- Is it possible to make a GALAXO ROM for i7500L model?
2- Is there any software that can sync with Galaxo on Ubuntu-Linux? Save messages and edit contact list?
To sync all my music library I use Banshee 1.5.1.... Runs perfect with Galaxy!
Fernando Rodrigues is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 06:06 AM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kam187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,320
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 47 Times in 29 Posts
Default

1) Yes. Galaxo replaces files on top of an existing firmware. Its possible to mod it to be fully compatible (if it isnt already) with your firmware, but i doubt it is worth the effort. You will most likely see a firmware update that takes you to II5 or IK4 very soon.
kam187 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 07:56 AM   #34 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 72
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam187 View Post
1) Yes. Galaxo replaces files on top of an existing firmware. Its possible to mod it to be fully compatible (if it isnt already) with your firmware, but i doubt it is worth the effort. You will most likely see a firmware update that takes you to II5 or IK4 very soon.
Kam,
How can you be so sure that we (brazilians) will take a firmware update very soon?
I've tried to call and mail Samsung costumer department 2 millions time, but they just answer the same thing all the time: Your Galaxy is in the latest firmware update!
That's is bullshit and we all know it.
They never answer me when they intend to update our firmware and the other typical answers is "take your phone to an authorized costumer support".
Man, can you imagine yourself buying a new car and the seller just come to you and say you should take your car direct to the shop?

I really hate this company!
Fernando Rodrigues is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2009, 11:55 AM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kam187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,320
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 47 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Because the OS side of things should be identical for both 7500 and 7500L. That means its just a matter of time untill they sync the two.
kam187 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2010, 06:21 AM   #36 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 72
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

NEWS!!!
I just red in a Brazilian forum that I guy was able to flash his Galaxy, model i7500L.
I just sent him a private message asking all the details and I will come here to explain you guys exactly how he did...

"Hope is the last one to die!" (brazilian dictation)
Fernando Rodrigues is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2010, 07:52 AM   #37 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
informale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 704
 
Device(s): Samsung GT-i7500 @ Galaxo 1.6.3.4 / JC6
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 34 Times in 26 Posts
Default

Nice quote, Fernando! )
informale is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 07:13 AM   #38 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 29
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy I7500L
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile It worked!

I followed your instructions and it worked fine for me!
Now I'm using the last Samsung "official" firmware...

I did not flashed the phone tar...

I would only flash if I could do a nandroid backup and the biggest problem was to deal with the fastboot driver. After many reboots and lots of drivers tested, it worked.

Now the sky is the limit...

Thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam187 View Post
If you use SEPERATE flashes and don't flash the 'PHONE' tar, or the AMSS.img you _should_ be ok. Its still risky untill they release a copy of firmware for your phone.

If you want to attempt the above, then the first thing to do is to root the phone using 'try3' and take backups of all your partitions using cat or dd.

again this is VITAL! DO NOT USE A FULL TAR, OR JUST FLASH IT UNLESS U FULLY UNDERSTAND WHAT I"M SAYING! And i take no responsibility if you screw up your phone

If you want me to talk you through it feel free to jump on irc - freenode server and channel #i7500

Its totally your own responsibility if you want to risk trying it
andremuller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 12:26 PM   #39 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kam187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,320
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 47 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Be carefull a nandroid backup WILL NOT backup the 'PHONE' part or the 'AMSS'. So NEVER flash the 7500L with the PHONE file for a 7500.

If you have already you'll need to wait for a 7500L update file to fix it
kam187 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 02:16 PM   #40 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 29
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy I7500L
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks kam187...

I didn't know these details.
I'll be more careful.
andremuller is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 7th, 2010, 03:16 PM   #41 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 29
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy I7500L
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

By the way...

What does the phone tar contain?

I'm still having the problem with the dialer (the lock function doesn't work after a call sometimes).
andremuller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 03:36 PM   #42 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Rastaman-FB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 6,113
 
Device(s): HTC Desire (depreciated) Blue Galaxy s3 (international)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 114
Thanked 1,016 Times in 838 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremuller View Post
By the way...

What does the phone tar contain?

I'm still having the problem with the dialer (the lock function doesn't work after a call sometimes).
your radio stack which if you flash that will do exactly what we have created this thread to warn against
Rastaman-FB is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 07:13 PM   #43 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 29
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy I7500L
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Fernando... I've answered your topic in the Brazilian forum.

Thanks for your help
andremuller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 07:58 PM   #44 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 29
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy I7500L
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It was going so well...

I don't know, but maybe there's an application messing up with the dialer.
After a call it does not lock the screen anymore!
I thought the IK4 firmware would get the rid of this bug.

Anyone else with this problem?

The IK5 is just released, but it is a one tar file. Is there a separated tar file available?
Or... how do I change de amss file with the one in my i7500L? Or it's just remove it from the full tar file?


Thanks guys!
andremuller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2010, 08:30 PM   #45 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kam187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,320
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 47 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Just remove the AMSS from the tar file.

You should use jzip. Winzip will just screw up the tar file
kam187 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:03 AM   #46 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 29
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy I7500L
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

IK5 working fine on I7500L! :^)

kam187, I just did what you said.

Battery life looks great!
Thanks a lot!
andremuller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 10:32 AM   #47 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kam187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,320
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 47 Times in 29 Posts
Default

np
kam187 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 04:40 PM   #48 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 29
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy I7500L
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Even with IK5 I'm still having problems with the lock screen after I make a call.
I press the lock button and the screen turns off, but if any button is pressed the screen turns on unlocked.
The only way to make it work is killing the dialer service.
All the firmwares I tried have this issue.
Is there a way to fix this thing?

Thank you guys!
andremuller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2010, 04:43 PM   #49 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 29
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy I7500L
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Even with IK5 I'm still having problems with the lock screen after I make a call.
I press the lock button and the screen turns off, but if any button is pressed the screen turns on unlocked.
The only way to make it work is killing the dialer service.
All the firmwares I tried have this issue.
Is there a way to fix this thing?

Thank you guys!
andremuller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2010, 12:47 PM   #50 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kam187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 1,320
 
Device(s): Nexus One
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 47 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Hmm run an adb logcat and see whats going on
kam187 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Buy the Samsung i7500
Sign up for instant notification when the Samsung i7500 goes on sale!
Samsung i7500

When Samsung joined the Open Handset Alliance, excitement and anticipation engulfed the mobile world. With industry leading mobile phones such as the Samsung Instinct and Samsung Omnia already on the market, expectations soared. The speculation can f... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung i7500
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.