February 27th, 2011, 09:20 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i7500L, Unlock, and GAOSP
Hello, I am looking into getting an i7500L. Can somebody, preferably an owner of a Bell i7500L answer the following for me?
1. Will the phone work on Rogers and Wind's network when unlocked?
2. Is there anyway to unlock this phone for free? (unlock by rooting?)
3. How difficult is it to install 2.2 on this phone?
4. Since the 2.2 is not an official firmware, are there any drawbacks/bugs that inhibit certain features?
5. Will one be able to go back to the original 1.6 firmware if desired?
Thanks for the help.