Originally Posted by eyalmaoz
By your replies I just see how beginner I am in all the bolg-mobile phone experience: I actually hardly understand what is written in the blogs and the Sticky blogs…but I am trying ;-)
So again about the problems: I have a Galaxy i7500 unlocked phone (bought in New York City days ago) and I can not upload any mp3 files.
* And also – only if you can – please point me to explanation about these terms – I don’t know what they mean…beginner, you now ;-)
What is 2.0 ROM for Samsung Galaxy? I guess I am asking what is ROM?
Thanks so much!
1. Uninstall samsung NPS (you don't need it)
2. Go to this page: Using i7500 with x64 Computer (Drivers)
download the "samsung drivers" from verizon. Extract the file using winzip or winrar to a folder somewhere on your hard disk.
3. Plug in the phone now that you uninstalled NPS and windows will ask for drivers. Point windows to the folder you just extracted and then to the "drivers" folder inside there.
4. Windows should install all the necesarry drivers. And you should have access to the sd card once its all done by dropping down the bar on your phone and clicking mount SD card.
If you enable USB debugging, you will be missing a driver in window's "device manager". This is your ADB driver for using ADB. You can follow directions here: http://androidforums.com/samsung-i7500/13692-how-odin-galexo-rom-s.html
under the ADB section. Just download the file and follow directions from the guide on that page to get that driver installed if you need it later on once you want to root.
Rooting: allows you to have "administrative" access to your phone, allowing you to modify system files as you need to. Kind of like windows regular user vs. admin.
Flashing: Think of it as "updating" or the operating system on the phone, sort of like when you update windows from xp to vista.
0din: Look in the FAQ, but its basically a software that will allow you not to need the samsung NPS to flash "factory" style ROMS (operating systems) into your phone. These are usually not rooted ROMS and you can flash any offical versions with it.
Windows x64: windows operating system running at 64bit code. You can check if you have it by right clicking my computer, properties. Then it should show if you have 64 or 32bit respectively.
2.0 android: Your current phone should have android 1.5 according to you. It is listed as "firmware". 2.0 is the latest ROM (or operating system) for your phone. It has new features and what not, nicer icons ect... For now I keep reading samsung might release and OFFICIAL rom running on 2.xx android. The latest actual realeased offical ROMS from samsung are at 1.6 android though. People report problems with 1.6, I just got a gt-i7500 like you and it runs fine. You can go with the official update using 0din, or go with a "rooted" ROM such as galax0.... Search the FAQ, but this should get you started...
Hope it helps to get you up and running....