Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Infuse 4G

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old June 4th, 2011, 02:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Brightness of the screen reduced due to overheating!!!

Ok. I am on my second Infuse and the problem still there. I have maximum brightness for ky screen and after working a little bit on my phone such as reading emails and surfing my phone dims and I cant get it to go over the max brightness. I have to wait a little bit a then I can work. But then it happens again. Did a factory restored and it did not help. Any ideas?. By the way when that happens the phone is not even hot, hell not even warm. I really need your help people.

jbecerril is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 6th, 2011, 10:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

It looks like I am the only one with this issue on this forum. I guess i have to return it one more time.
jbecerril is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2011, 05:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

No your not the only one. I bought my Infuse last week after being married to Apple iphone's for 4 yrs. I called Samsung and its a built in feature that adjusts to ambient light via the sensors between your earpiece and front facing camera.
Bobbyjpgh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Aatos.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: West Coast USA
Posts: 498
 
Device(s): Captivate, Droid X, HTC Inspire, Nexus S, SGS II, Infuse 4G, with more on the way...
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 67
Thanked 119 Times in 71 Posts
Default Nothing Is Wrong With Your Phone...

Let me offer some help. Unfortunately the reps at the various carriers (not just AT&T) are not always accurate in the information they give out. Nor are they aware of the characteristics of every phone they sell.

The ambient light sensor in the Infuse is very sensitive and that is what is causing the fluctuation in the light level. It has _nothing_ to do with overheating. Or temps in general.

There is _Nothing_ wrong with the phone.

The myth widely circulating around that is totally wrong, is that this is a heat issue. It is NOT.

I have this suggestion, it's what I've done with mine.

Go into settings and un-check the box that uses the ambient light sensor to automatically adjust the brightness. Now set the level of brightness manually. Once you have it set, it will hold that setting just fine.

I Hope this helps you.
Aatos.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2011, 12:39 AM   #5 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatos.1 View Post
Let me offer some help. Unfortunately the reps at the various carriers (not just AT&T) are not always accurate in the information they give out. Nor are they aware of the characteristics of every phone they sell.

The ambient light sensor in the Infuse is very sensitive and that is what is causing the fluctuation in the light level. It has _nothing_ to do with overheating. Or temps in general.

There is _Nothing_ wrong with the phone.

The myth widely circulating around that is totally wrong, is that this is a heat issue. It is NOT.

I have this suggestion, it's what I've done with mine.

Go into settings and un-check the box that uses the ambient light sensor to automatically adjust the brightness. Now set the level of brightness manually. Once you have it set, it will hold that setting just fine.

I Hope this helps you.


I have done that already and still the same issue. So if there is nothing wrong with the phone, then I am assuming that most of the Infuse 4g users don't use the brightness all they way up. Either they use the automatic brightness or disable automatic brightness but never set the brightness all the way up. Too bad because I really want to take advantage of this amazing screen. I think I will wait until Fry's has more in stock and return it for a 3rd and final time.
jbecerril is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2011, 08:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 353
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 82
Thanked 126 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbecerril View Post
I have done that already and still the same issue. So if there is nothing wrong with the phone, then I am assuming that most of the Infuse 4g users don't use the brightness all they way up. Either they use the automatic brightness or disable automatic brightness but never set the brightness all the way up. Too bad because I really want to take advantage of this amazing screen. I think I will wait until Fry's has more in stock and return it for a 3rd and final time.

My screen is all the way up. It always is. I love eye bleeding brightness. I have never seen a message about screen brightness being reduced.
tmaxey1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2011, 06:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Aatos.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: West Coast USA
Posts: 498
 
Device(s): Captivate, Droid X, HTC Inspire, Nexus S, SGS II, Infuse 4G, with more on the way...
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 67
Thanked 119 Times in 71 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbecerril View Post
I have done that already and still the same issue. So if there is nothing wrong with the phone, then I am assuming that most of the Infuse 4g users don't use the brightness all they way up. Either they use the automatic brightness or disable automatic brightness but never set the brightness all the way up. Too bad because I really want to take advantage of this amazing screen. I think I will wait until Fry's has more in stock and return it for a 3rd and final time.
How long does it operate before this occurs?
Aatos.1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2011, 01:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aatos.1 View Post
How long does it operate before this occurs?
It varies. Sometimes it takes less than a minute and other times a lot longer, about 15min. So if users have the brightness all the way up and no problems with the screen then it must be a defect phone.
jbecerril is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2011, 01:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaxey1 View Post
My screen is all the way up. It always is. I love eye bleeding brightness. I have never seen a message about screen brightness being reduced.
A message does not pop up telling you about the screen brightness being reduced, you have to go to the display settings, then go to brightness and you will see that your brightness has been reduced due to overheating. Also remember sometimes it is hard to tell that your brightness has been reduced, you can certainly tell the diference while surfing due to the white background.
jbecerril is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2011, 01:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 13
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyjpgh View Post
No your not the only one. I bought my Infuse last week after being married to Apple iphone's for 4 yrs. I called Samsung and its a built in feature that adjusts to ambient light via the sensors between your earpiece and front facing camera.
So if Samsung told you it's a feature on this phone then all the Infuse phones do it. Maybe I am freaking out over nothing. Come on users let me hear you if you have any of this issue.
jbecerril is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old June 11th, 2011, 07:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 353
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 82
Thanked 126 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbecerril View Post
So if Samsung told you it's a feature on this phone then all the Infuse phones do it. Maybe I am freaking out over nothing. Come on users let me hear you if you have any of this issue.

I will watch for this to see if I notice anything. Isn't there also a setting for LCD brightness auto adjusting to save battery on web sites? Its called power saving mode on the display tab in settings. Did you uncheck that?
tmaxey1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2011, 09:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 353
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 82
Thanked 126 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmaxey1 View Post
I will watch for this to see if I notice anything. Isn't there also a setting for LCD brightness auto adjusting to save battery on web sites? Its called power saving mode on the display tab in settings. Did you uncheck that?

Guess its a feature. My phone just did the same thing. It reduced it from 100 to about 80 I would guess. So yes now I see it. I'm not upset about it. 80 is still plenty bright for a minute to keep phone cooler.
tmaxey1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 02:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tongue

It is not a lame sensor between anything. the phone over heats and it lets you know by flashing a temp gauge a you when you ry and restart it. freakin Einsteins.
michaelvwilson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 09:19 AM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 72
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 9
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Ok, ive had the phone now for 2 days. i have yet to experiance this heating problem, i have it set to power saving, i ran it for 1 hr straight.
{was dollar beer night} also this phone has not been recharged since wed night. still at 50% batt.

it is my opinion you may have a bad phone, not saying you do, but id go in and get it checked or shut down tasks, as you may have 20 things running.
thats the only thing i can think of to make phone heat up!
chinefoo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 10:58 AM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Well I got over 100 apps installed but that is not the problem considering they where all closed. Here is what will overheat your phone; if you have your wifi on and are connected to a charger plus you are streaming a movie (I was using TV shows now) the phone is susceptible to overheating. The bad thing is when you overheat it, it is not the same again. AT&T was cool about it though been less than a month so they just gave me a new phone no charge. I don't see how this could fix the problem but at least I can start fresh with a little more insight. I have also got 1080 apps on SD card but this will never be a problem because your phone will automaticly start shutting apps down if there are to many open.
michaelvwilson is offline  
Last edited by michaelvwilson; June 17th, 2011 at 11:01 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2011, 11:13 AM   #16 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Arrow

Oh and by the way, if you want your infuse to look better than any phone on the market and to shock and awe people you should put SPB Shell on your phone. It is beautiful to look at and it organizes everything. Yeah it may cost $14.99 on the market but trust me it is worth every penny I have made family and friends drool over my phone with this homescreen replacement. The reason why I got it was because I switched to the infuse from a galaxy s. To my dismay the infuse looked and acted just like a galaxy s so I wanted to try to spice it up. After installing SPB shell it was like having a phone that was unheard of and unseen before. Anyway enough rambling just thought I would share something.
michaelvwilson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2012, 09:21 PM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 27
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

my wife has the same issue. phone is 8 months old.
auto brightness is off as well as power save mode.
however she is on the phone about 16 hours a day and charges it about 3 times a day.

while she is using it the screen dims. i also had this problem when it was mine.
bumancuzbrah is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Infuse 4G
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

AT&T introduced the world to a 4.5 inch near-beast. With a different processor here and more RAM there, this could have been their Galaxy S II. Instead, it's closer to a Galaxy S phone than anything. It has a beefier 1.2GHz single-core Humm... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Infuse 4G
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.