April 16th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 116 Times in 44 Posts
How To Fix Samsung Infuse 4G Screen
This is a written repair guide for repairing your Samsung Infuse i997. Following this guide will help you take apart the Samsung Infuse i997 fairly easily in a step by step manner giving you a chance to replace faulty parts.
This guide will help you to install the following Samsung Infuse i997 parts:
- Samsung Infuse i997 LCD + Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- And Other Samsung Infuse i997 Parts
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips
- Heat Gun / Hair Dryer
Samsung Infuse i997 take apart guide:
- First step make sure that the device is off and remove the back battery cover. You can then remove the battery, the memory card, and the sim card.
- Remove the six (6) small Phillips screws as shown in Figure 1.
- Once the screws are released, turn the phone over and pry between the screen assembly and the back housing using a safe pry tool.
- Release the clips and remove the back housing using safe pry tool as shown in Figure 2.
- Release the four (4) pop connectors (red) on the motherboard using a safe pry tool and also remove the two (2) small Phillips screws shown in Figure 3.
- Start releasing the motherboard carefully and make sure not to rip any cables.
- Heat the front of the screen around outside the edges using a heat gun or hair dryer to soften the adhesive. Keep the heat on average and apply quick movements to the screen. Heat the screen for about 30-60 seconds and donít stay in one place for too long.
- Release the screen assembly from the housing using a safe pry tool. Reheat if needed.
- You can now remove the screen from the housing and replace.
Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.