Originally Posted by jennn
I have a Moment. My boss just got the Intercept and I'm trying to help him out a bit.
First, does this phone come with GPS or Sprint Navigation? I don't see it in his app list at all. Is it called something else? Not seeing anything except google maps.
Yes. It is called Navigation. You can download Sprint Navigation from the sprint section of the Marketplace, but I just use the Navigation program that came with the phone.
Second - can anyone help on how to set up his email account through our own email exchange server? I'm using the regular email app. Enter his email and password, hit next, hit exchange account (is this right? we use microsoft outlook at work) and then it's asking for the Domain\Username. I know this is stupid but what should it be or look like? (I've only set up gmail, yahoo and ymail accounts on my phone.)
edit: one more question ... can I sync his work calendar (same email - outlook) onto the calendar on the phone or does he have to use google?
yes it will sync with and Exchange server. In fact I find it easier than setting up on a crackberry.
I'll try and outline this for you... Hopefully I don't miss any steps.
2. Accounts & Sync
3. Add Account
4. you want to add a corporate account
5. Enter your email address and password
6. The next screen should be asking for domain name, Password (which you already entered), and the address to the exchange server.
7. Most domain names are formatted as: Company\username. Give it a shot and if it doesn't work get the name from your IT provider.
8. The exchange server is going to have to be provided from your IT person as well. an example is: Mail.company.com
9. you will have to play with the SSL settings, but I know that exchange 2007 requires both boxes to be checked, unless the IT department has changed something.
10. click Next. I am not going any further on my phone because I don't want the hassle of deleting any extra accounts. I believe the next page just does some optional setup, and after you are done with that you are ready to go
after you have finished setting up the account, the calander/tasks will be pushed to the phone and automatically synced until you tell it otherwise.