Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Stratosphere 2

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AresRising

test: Reply

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 10th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Stratosphere 2, formerly Strat1 and OG Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Stratosphere 2 rocks

Just upgraded from a Stratosphere 1 (previously OG Droid), and I'm loving the hardware/performance of the Strat 2. It adds the notification light from the Droid and is basically everything I ever wanted my phone to be. I even like Samsung's additions to the notification dropdown, though I'd still rather have AOSP. I don't have any issues at the moment... I'm just wishing the phone got more attention so it would get rooted/Cyanogenmodded since Samsung isn't going to support it with updates.

This is the best QWERTY phone you can buy. My wife has a Captivate Glide and the notification light, interface, LTE, and Snapdragon S4 put this over the top.

sponsored links
Old January 12th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeFresco View Post
Just upgraded from a Stratosphere 1 (previously OG Droid), and I'm loving the hardware/performance of the Strat 2. It adds the notification light from the Droid and is basically everything I ever wanted my phone to be. I even like Samsung's additions to the notification dropdown, though I'd still rather have AOSP. I don't have any issues at the moment... I'm just wishing the phone got more attention so it would get rooted/Cyanogenmodded since Samsung isn't going to support it with updates.

This is the best QWERTY phone you can buy. My wife has a Captivate Glide and the notification light, interface, LTE, and Snapdragon S4 put this over the top.
Still searching for a root for the Strat II myself; if you happen to find one, please, PLEASE post it in the "root" forum.
ljbew likes this.

Samsung Stratosphere 2
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

Verizon customers looking for an mid-range device with a physical keyboard may be in for a treat. The Samsung Stratosphere 2 comes with many improvements over its predecessor. Rumored specs include a Snapdragon S4 dual-core processor, a 4-inch Supe... Read More

Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Stratosphere 2