Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Stratosphere

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 11th, 2011, 01:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default Stratosphere is not sgs2

Both HTC Vigor and LG Revolution 2 Could Sport HD Screens, Stratosphere Not the Galaxy S2? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
Seems like the slider will be the stratosphere.

redraider1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 11th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,041
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5, LG G2
Carrier: at&t

Thanks: 1,179
Thanked 817 Times in 624 Posts
Default

Yeah, but true SGS2 is probably coming after that. I can care less about slider stratosphere then.

720p Ice Cream Sandwich phone and others outed in Samsung roadmap leak | Android and Me
Sandroidfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
HanSolo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandroidfan View Post
Yeah, but true SGS2 is probably coming after that. I can care less about slider stratosphere then.

720p Ice Cream Sandwich phone and others outed in Samsung roadmap leak | Android and Me
This makes me sick.

"Probably coming after that"????

False hope.
 
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
redraider1 (August 11th, 2011)
Old August 11th, 2011, 04:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,041
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5, LG G2
Carrier: at&t

Thanks: 1,179
Thanked 817 Times in 624 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefire1914 View Post
This makes me sick.

"Probably coming after that"????

False hope.
Well, don't be mad at me I know some OG Droid folks waited painfully long enough for Bionic, but I'm not one of them. I can wait more for my next phone.
Sandroidfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
HanSolo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandroidfan View Post
Well, don't be mad at me I know some OG Droid folks waited painfully long enough for Bionic, but I'm not one of them. I can wait more for my next phone.
Sorry, no anger directed towards you, Sandroidfan. Just at the phone powers that be. . .
 
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 05:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default

Well if the revolution does come out in oct like said on the roadmap and is thin with lte I will definitely grab one. It seems like a great phone, what the revolution should have been.
redraider1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 06:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!
 
The_Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manchester, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,959
 
Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2,486
Thanked 6,921 Times in 3,277 Posts
Default

Hopefully it won't be "binged" like the Revolution was...

If the Strat turns out to really be the slider (and there's a good chance it is), then I'm gonna seriously reconsider it. Another slider for another two years? Surely a rockin' Verizon phone will come out in time for the holidays. I hope.
__________________



If I have helped you at all, please click the "Thanks" button
Forum Rules & Guidelines
The_Chief is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 07:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chief View Post
Hopefully it won't be "binged" like the Revolution was...

If the Strat turns out to really be the slider (and there's a good chance it is), then I'm gonna seriously reconsider it. Another slider for another two years? Surely a rockin' Verizon phone will come out in time for the holidays. I hope.
Even if it has bing it will easily be removable since lg doesn't lock down their phones. Also if this phone is everything it seems like it will be it will have a great dev support for it too.
redraider1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 04:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
magdelaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Inyokern, CA
Posts: 613
 
Device(s): Droid Incredible 2 on MIUI, LG Spectrum, OG Droid Retired, OG Droid RIP
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 408
Thanked 571 Times in 294 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to magdelaine emrjackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefire1914 View Post
This makes me sick.

"Probably coming after that"????

False hope.
You did see this right? Regarding the Rumors of Future Mobile Device Launches | SAMSUNG TOMORROW Global

And if it was accurate, why couldn't one of them be the S2? Just wondering.
__________________
Root: ask not why, ask why not.
magdelaine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 04:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,532
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 944
Thanked 567 Times in 461 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magdelaine View Post
You did see this right? Regarding the Rumors of Future Mobile Device Launches | SAMSUNG TOMORROW Global

And if it was accurate, why couldn't one of them be the S2? Just wondering.
That leaked roadmap was proved to be wrong. It was on a bunch of sites today.
redraider1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to redraider1 For This Useful Post:
magdelaine (August 12th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old August 12th, 2011, 05:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,041
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5, LG G2
Carrier: at&t

Thanks: 1,179
Thanked 817 Times in 624 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redraider1 View Post
That leaked roadmap was proved to be wrong. It was on a bunch of sites today.
They said some specs are not correct, but didn't deny such models exist.
Sandroidfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
inssane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 1,850
 
Device(s): ...and Boom goes the Dynamite
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 180
Thanked 156 Times in 81 Posts
Default

I am confused, is that crappy thing I am seeing in pics the stratosphere?
I am holding out with an OG that gets 4 hours battery life....

Any links that actually give better details?
__________________
SHOT CALLER
RIP 2K1 Caddy STS - Hello 2K11 Chevy Cruze...25mpg vs 8mpg. WOOT
I am a MasterDebator
"Eat Me" on Yelp--also make sure to QuagMyTwitr
SoCo "Whatever's Comfortable" Guy - LIKE HIM!
inssane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2011, 03:52 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
cereal killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,410
 
Device(s): Droid RAZR
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 661
Thanked 1,786 Times in 983 Posts
Default

Hello gentlemen, this subject has been the subject of hot debate. The DL article doesn't say it's not going to be the Stratosphere it only says "more than likely not the SGS2" which translates to speculation.

There was an article on Android Authority that said the Stratosphere was "revealed to be a GSII variant" I sent them emails and challenged the veracity of the article and the editor emailed me back saying that the Stratosphere is in fact a GSII variant.

Not saying anyone is right or wrong. I'm just sharing the info. Less than a week away so hopefully we will hear something on the 29th.
cereal killer is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cereal killer For This Useful Post:
magdelaine (August 21st, 2011), Sandroidfan (August 22nd, 2011)
Old August 21st, 2011, 10:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Bedford, MA
Posts: 88
 
Device(s): Amaze 4G, Evo 3D, Vibrant, G1, Archos 7 HT
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 24
Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
Less than a week away so hopefully we will hear something on the 29th.
Isn't it a little over a week away? :P

I really hope we get a SGS2 early September, I was allowed to port my # without an ETF, I don't want to be phoneless!
Vinter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2011, 06:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kyler13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 1,637
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 477
Thanked 359 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
Hello gentlemen, this subject has been the subject of hot debate. The DL article doesn't say it's not going to be the Stratosphere it only says "more than likely not the SGS2" which translates to speculation.

There was an article on Android Authority that said the Stratosphere was "revealed to be a GSII variant" I sent them emails and challenged the veracity of the article and the editor emailed me back saying that the Stratosphere is in fact a GSII variant.

Not saying anyone is right or wrong. I'm just sharing the info. Less than a week away so hopefully we will hear something on the 29th.
Hey CK, glad to see you over here...and thanks for the info!
__________________
LG G2, Samsung Galaxy Nexus (i515) (1/12-9/13), Samsung Droid Charge (6/11 - 1/12), HTC Incredible (4/10 - 6/11)
Blackberry Torch, Blackberry Curve (11/11 - 6/12), Blackberry Storm (9/09 - 10/11)
kyler13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kyler13 For This Useful Post:
cereal killer (August 22nd, 2011)
Old August 22nd, 2011, 03:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
cereal killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,410
 
Device(s): Droid RAZR
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 661
Thanked 1,786 Times in 983 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyler13 View Post
Hey CK, glad to see you over here...and thanks for the info!
Great too see you too. Now we all wait
cereal killer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Stratosphere
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Stratosphere is a 4G LTE device for Verizon. It is a mid-range handset featuring a 1GHz processor, 4-inch Super AMOLED display and 5MP camera, and is the first LTE device in Verizon's lineup to feature a slide-out QWERTY keyboard. ... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Stratosphere
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.