Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Stratosphere

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 24th, 2011, 05:27 PM   #101 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
cereal killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,410
 
Device(s): Droid RAZR
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 661
Thanked 1,786 Times in 983 Posts
Default

I think the cost of the accessory's for the Bionic and tethering plan will make consumer's say "I don't need that" and they will move onto the next device. Then again if they throw a lot of marketing dollars behind it it just may pay off. I just don't see it doing great though, we'll see.

Advertisements
cereal killer is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 25th, 2011, 06:30 AM   #102 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Mahalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 520
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 190
Thanked 242 Times in 111 Posts
Default

This may be the first time I've ever looked FORWARD to a Monday.
__________________
"We are a democracy of readers and we should keep it that way." -- Ray Bradbury
Mahalo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 09:40 AM   #103 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
inssane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chi-Town
Posts: 1,850
 
Device(s): ...and Boom goes the Dynamite
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 180
Thanked 156 Times in 81 Posts
Default

Monday will either be a good day or a bad day, lol.

Non slider - car dock available ASAP - and root shortly after -- I will be happier than a fat kid at a twinkie factory
__________________
SHOT CALLER
RIP 2K1 Caddy STS - Hello 2K11 Chevy Cruze...25mpg vs 8mpg. WOOT
I am a MasterDebator
"Eat Me" on Yelp--also make sure to QuagMyTwitr
SoCo "Whatever's Comfortable" Guy - LIKE HIM!
inssane is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 09:52 AM   #104 (permalink)
HanSolo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Mad

If we get a Monday announcement of the standard SGSII release in the US (particularly Verizon), and Thursday's Berlin announcement is about the SGSII Plus, now with 5.3-inch screen, for Europe only, I will be pissed.



Edit: Never mind, that news is fake. Why the heck do articles give you the entire run-down, and then at the very end they say "Disregard everything you just read"?!

I do hope, though, that the Berlin announcement isn't about a Europe-only release. Does anyone know why Samsung drags its feet in releasing to the US?
 
Last edited by HanSolo; August 25th, 2011 at 09:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 12:46 PM   #105 (permalink)
Member
 
gilgehmesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 201
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 132
Thanked 220 Times in 162 Posts
Default

Bad news... this just in from Wall Street Journal: SGS II will not be offered by Verizon.

Samsung's New Galaxy S II Won't Be Carried by Verizon - WSJ.com

I can't believe this. This is total BS. What the hell is Verizon thinking?? Are they supposed to get the Nexus Prime or something??
gilgehmesh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 01:01 PM   #106 (permalink)
HanSolo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgehmesh View Post
Bad news... this just in from Wall Street Journal: SGS II will not be offered by Verizon.

Samsung's New Galaxy S II Won't Be Carried by Verizon - WSJ.com

I can't believe this. This is total BS. What the hell is Verizon thinking?? Are they supposed to get the Nexus Prime or something??
WOW.

Somewhere, The_Chief is weeping.
 
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 01:29 PM   #107 (permalink)
Member
 
dr01d3tte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Saint Louie
Posts: 299
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 231
Thanked 343 Times in 196 Posts
Default

Can't. Stop. Sobbing. Hysterically.
dr01d3tte is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 01:33 PM   #108 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,128
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5, LG G2
Carrier: at&t

Thanks: 1,191
Thanked 835 Times in 640 Posts
Default

I really wish this is BS article. But if it's true and no SGS2 like phone, Prime in Fall, I'll be mad at verizon and switch carrier.
Sandroidfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 01:36 PM   #109 (permalink)
HanSolo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr01d3tte View Post
Can't. Stop. Sobbing. Hysterically.
Cant. Stop. Grinding. Teeth.

My contract is up in November, and now I'm VERY happy that I didn't re-up yet. My wife did, in February, but I'll be more than happy to throw the stupid early termination fee at their stupid faces and skip on over to Sprint, if the Nexus Prime, and nothing the hell else, is not announced by then.
 
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 01:54 PM   #110 (permalink)
Member
 
Sycobob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 113
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic 4G Touch (GS2)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 8
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Sprint it is...
Sycobob is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 25th, 2011, 02:10 PM   #111 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,128
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5, LG G2
Carrier: at&t

Thanks: 1,191
Thanked 835 Times in 640 Posts
Default

Both AT&T, Sprint works pretty good over here. Their line-up seem better now with phones like (Evo3D, Photon, Thrill and adding SGS2 soon). I'm getting tired of this waiting game on Verizon...
Sandroidfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 02:25 PM   #112 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
magdelaine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Inyokern, CA
Posts: 613
 
Device(s): Droid Incredible 2 on MIUI, LG Spectrum, OG Droid Retired, OG Droid RIP
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 408
Thanked 571 Times in 294 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to magdelaine emrjackson
Default

This article says something about the high cost of LTE radios maybe being a factor... What if that is really it? That production of a smaller, less expensive LTE radio is in the works but not enough have been produced to put out an SGS2 yet? I would guess that VZW did pass on a 3G GS2. The technology isn't quite there yet with VZW LTE, price point, and Sammy form factor. What will eventually come to VZW will be even better than the SGS2 and conveniently won't compete directly with the Bionic. Right?....Right???

Verizon Wireless will not be carrying the Samsung Galaxy S II | DroidMatters.com
__________________
Root: ask not why, ask why not.
magdelaine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 02:34 PM   #113 (permalink)
HanSolo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magdelaine View Post
This article says something about the high cost of LTE radios maybe being a factor... What if that is really it? That production of a smaller, less expensive LTE radio is in the works but not enough have been produced to put out an SGS2 yet? I would guess that VZW did pass on a 3G GS2. The technology isn't quite there yet with VZW LTE, price point, and Sammy form factor. What will eventually come to VZW will be even better than the SGS2 and conveniently won't compete directly with the Bionic. Right?....Right???

Verizon Wireless will not be carrying the Samsung Galaxy S II | DroidMatters.com
This might be true, if the SGSII was a 3G phone. But aren't the other carriers getting 4G versions? I'm not sure about that.

My sister, who works for Verizon, texted me about the SGSII being inferior to an upcoming Samsung phone on Big Red.

If she means the 4g slider, I'll be pissed.

But if the Prime is released at some point within the next two months, then it makes perfect sense on why they passed on the SGSII. But if it's not released before December, there's no logic in it.
 
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 02:46 PM   #114 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 1,280
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 86
Thanked 143 Times in 117 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefire1914 View Post
This might be true, if the SGSII was a 3G phone. But aren't the other carriers getting 4G versions? I'm not sure about that.

My sister, who works for Verizon, texted me about the SGSII being inferior to an upcoming Samsung phone on Big Red.

If she means the 4g slider, I'll be pissed.

But if the Prime is released at some point within the next two months, then it makes perfect sense on why they passed on the SGSII. But if it's not released before December, there's no logic in it.
Other carriers are getting 4G devices in their standard like HSPA+, WiMax, which are actually 3.5G and easier to implement than LTE.

I really hope what she said means something like Celox, SGSII plus, Prime in pipeline. If not, then...
jinwons is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 05:23 PM   #115 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!
 
The_Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manchester, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,218
 
Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2,585
Thanked 7,072 Times in 3,357 Posts
Default

Weeping? No. Flabbergasted? Yes. I have never been so gasted by flabber in my life. There are only TWO reasons they would do this: (a) to give Motorola exclusivity; (b) hold off for something better.

I choose (b):

Exclusive: Verizon passes on GALAXY S II, but 'similar' Samsung phone launching soon

If they can release a Celox-like LTE device in a timely manner, they've redeemed themselves. I will NOT buy a Charge and I will definitely NOT buy a Bionic. SO this mythical, future NON-SLIDER Samsung superphone it is. My only regret is that my poor Droid, hoping for a quiet retirement in September, may have to wait until November now. We can hang
__________________



If I have helped you at all, please click the "Thanks" button
Forum Rules & Guidelines
The_Chief is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The_Chief For This Useful Post:
Sandroidfan (August 25th, 2011)
Old August 25th, 2011, 05:45 PM   #116 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,128
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5, LG G2
Carrier: at&t

Thanks: 1,191
Thanked 835 Times in 640 Posts
Default

Really hope you're right, The Chief. Can't believe samsung would forgo verizon without any dual core super-phone for the rest of year.
Sandroidfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 07:12 PM   #117 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kyler13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 1,637
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 477
Thanked 359 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chief View Post
Weeping? No. Flabbergasted? Yes. I have never been so gasted by flabber in my life. There are only TWO reasons they would do this: (a) to give Motorola exclusivity; (b) hold off for something better.

I choose (b):

Exclusive: Verizon passes on GALAXY S II, but 'similar' Samsung phone launching soon

If they can release a Celox-like LTE device in a timely manner, they've redeemed themselves. I will NOT buy a Charge and I will definitely NOT buy a Bionic. SO this mythical, future NON-SLIDER Samsung superphone it is. My only regret is that my poor Droid, hoping for a quiet retirement in September, may have to wait until November now. We can hang
Fingers crossed that "better" means same dual core but with LTE and Super AMOLED HD.
__________________
LG G2, Samsung Galaxy Nexus (i515) (1/12-9/13), Samsung Droid Charge (6/11 - 1/12), HTC Incredible (4/10 - 6/11)
Blackberry Torch, Blackberry Curve (11/11 - 6/12), Blackberry Storm (9/09 - 10/11)
kyler13 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 07:26 PM   #118 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
cereal killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,410
 
Device(s): Droid RAZR
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 661
Thanked 1,786 Times in 983 Posts
Default

Stay calm and breathe everything will be great
cereal killer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2011, 10:03 PM   #119 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BlueBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New England
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,533
 
Device(s): Note 3; formerly Rezound, Droid Charge, and OG Droid
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 1,699
Thanked 1,438 Times in 820 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyler13 View Post
Fingers crossed that "better" means same dual core but with LTE and Super AMOLED HD.
That would be awesome, it's just hard for me to believe they'd release something so advanced as their first dual-core w/LTE. Would expect them to milk an SGS2-alike on every carrier before trying to upsell buyers w/HD versions w/marginally faster CPU 3-6mo later.

FWIW, this "different but almost identical" thing sounds weird. I'm not hung up on identical, and we already knew it wasn't going to be called SGS2 on Verizon. So move a button or something and release the damn phone already!
BlueBiker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 06:41 AM   #120 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kyler13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 1,637
 
Device(s): LG G2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 477
Thanked 359 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBiker View Post
That would be awesome, it's just hard for me to believe they'd release something so advanced as their first dual-core w/LTE. Would expect them to milk an SGS2-alike on every carrier before trying to upsell buyers w/HD versions w/marginally faster CPU 3-6mo later.

FWIW, this "different but almost identical" thing sounds weird. I'm not hung up on identical, and we already knew it wasn't going to be called SGS2 on Verizon. So move a button or something and release the damn phone already!
Look at it this way: Verizon put out the Droid Charge months ago and it already has the same Super AMOLED Plus display at WVGA resolution found in the SGSII. It is also LTE capable. The only thing lacking is the CPU/RAM needing an upgrade. How do you make a phone with improved specs over the SGSII? It's not likely going to be more processor cores, though it could be a bump in clock speed. I think they'll need LTE as to not be a step backwards, and they're not putting an additional 1GB of RAM if it already has 1GB. All that leaves is the display size/resolution and SA HD has been leaked all over the place at this point. It seems inevitable. Probability-wise, here's what I think we can expect:

*Dual-core (Exynos or OMAP 44xx) clocked ~1.5GHz give or take
*1GB RAM
*16GB internal memory (desparately needed coming from the Fascinate/Charge)
*~4.6" Super AMOLED HD pentile display (1280x720 effective)
*LTE+CDMA
*NFC
*5MP HQ camera / 1080p video capture / 2MP FFC

There has been talk of ICS not being ready and I think if it's truly the Nexus Prime pure Android experience phone, Google won't much have a problem getting the hardware out in October running on Gingerbread to compete with the iPhone 5. They can always push out ICS, when ready, within a month or two, exclusively to the Nexus Prime. The only trick is that ICS is supposed to eliminate hardware dedicated buttons at the bottom of the screen altogether. In the interim, Samsung could be adapting the Prime to have a ROM-based "always on" button set at the bottom of the screen to interface with Gingerbread as a stop-gap measure to be ICS-ready.

So that's just my speculation. If it brings a smile to a face or two, or instills some hope, my job here is done.
kyler13 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kyler13 For This Useful Post:
BlueBiker (August 26th, 2011)
sponsored links
Old August 26th, 2011, 07:40 AM   #121 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
cereal killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin
Posts: 1,410
 
Device(s): Droid RAZR
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 661
Thanked 1,786 Times in 983 Posts
Default

Kyler I've absolutely no doubt we will see a great piece of hardware from Samsung. Whether it be the Prime or not, something substantial will drop. I also think we are looking at a handset with over a GIG of RAM.
cereal killer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 07:58 AM   #122 (permalink)
HanSolo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal killer View Post
Kyler I've absolutely no doubt we will see a great piece of hardware from Samsung. Whether it be the Prime or not, something substantial will drop. I also think we are looking at a handset with over a GIG of RAM.
Yes, CK, I agree that we will eventually see an amazing phone from Samsung, and also another one from Motorola at some point after the Bionic, and then again, probably, from HTC. LG, probably not.

But the question is when??????

I doubt that Verizon, who poured millions of dollars in R&D, and will pour millions of dollars in high tech dancing fighter lady marketing, into the Bionic will suddenly release the best phone ever made a mere month later. I just don't see it happening.
 
Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 08:42 AM   #123 (permalink)
HanSolo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

I wonder if this is ALL that’s being announced at Berlin. Does anyone have any idea what the “note” is?

Samsung to announce GALAXY Tab 7.7, Wave 3, GALAXY Note on September 1st
 
Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #124 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 1,280
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 86
Thanked 143 Times in 117 Posts
Default

I have no idea what Galaxy Note is. But if this report is true, maybe this is reason why Verizon is not getting SGSII this time. I think they just scrapped 3G/CDMA SGSII and Samsung needs a little more time to put out LTE SGSII for Verizon, hopefully not too long.

Samsung to Introduce LTE Editions of Galaxy S II, Tab 8.9 at IFA
jinwons is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 12:32 PM   #125 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,128
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5, LG G2
Carrier: at&t

Thanks: 1,191
Thanked 835 Times in 640 Posts
Default

The images of US SGS2 are revealed here finally except Verizon. They are again lagging behind other carriers.

Family Portrait: Sprint, AT&T, & T-Mobile Galaxy S II (Image)

They better get dual core/LTE sammy soon, whatever it is, Celox, SGS2 plus or Prime.
Sandroidfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 12:37 PM   #126 (permalink)
HanSolo
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandroidfan View Post
The images of US SGS2 are revealed here finally except Verizon. They are again lagging behind other carriers.

Family Portrait: Sprint, AT&T, & T-Mobile Galaxy S II (Image)

They better get dual core/LTE sammy soon, whatever it is, Celox, SGS2 plus or Prime.
The TM one looks nice.

As for Verizon getting the Prime/Celox/Etc., it would explain why they passed on the SGSII.

But that makes too much sense.
 
Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 01:16 PM   #127 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,128
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5, LG G2
Carrier: at&t

Thanks: 1,191
Thanked 835 Times in 640 Posts
Default

They say this will be unveiled in Berlin event next week.

Samsung to unveil the LTE version of the Samsung Galaxy S II next week

So is Verizon getting version of this too or just Prime?
Sandroidfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2011, 03:18 PM   #128 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BlueBiker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New England
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,533
 
Device(s): Note 3; formerly Rezound, Droid Charge, and OG Droid
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 1,699
Thanked 1,438 Times in 820 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyler13 View Post
Look at it this way: Verizon put out the Droid Charge months ago and it already has the same Super AMOLED Plus display at WVGA resolution found in the SGSII. It is also LTE capable. The only thing lacking is the CPU/RAM needing an upgrade. How do you make a phone with improved specs over the SGSII? It's not likely going to be more processor cores, though it could be a bump in clock speed. I think they'll need LTE as to not be a step backwards, and they're not putting an additional 1GB of RAM if it already has 1GB. All that leaves is the display size/resolution and SA HD has been leaked all over the place at this point. It seems inevitable.
Superb analysis Kyler, thx. It's weird to consider the Charge's SAMOLED+ screen being the weak link in an SGS2 type phone, but I'd agree that a higher res screen is more likely than other improvements. I'd be pleasantly surprised if we receive something faster than 1.2GHz Exynos as Sammy's first dual-core LTE.

Perhaps a different body necessitated by LTE could explain the non-identical aspect, although Celox seems to suggest thinness and LTE aren't mutually exclusive.
BlueBiker is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 04:40 PM   #129 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!
 
The_Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manchester, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,218
 
Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2,585
Thanked 7,072 Times in 3,357 Posts
Default

Oh well, looks like Monday's announcement is delayed:

Samsung Galaxy S II Event Rescheduled as Hurricane Irene Presses on Towards NYC

Bummer.
The_Chief is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2011, 07:14 PM   #130 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: OC, CA
Posts: 1,280
 
Device(s): Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 86
Thanked 143 Times in 117 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chief View Post
Oh well, looks like Monday's announcement is delayed:

Samsung Galaxy S II Event Rescheduled as Hurricane Irene Presses on Towards NYC

Bummer.
That news came up yesterday. They did so rightfully amid hurricane coming. One day delay is nothing on the time scale of things on verizon.
jinwons is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 27th, 2011, 07:58 PM   #131 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!
 
The_Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manchester, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,218
 
Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2,585
Thanked 7,072 Times in 3,357 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinwons View Post
That news came up yesterday. They did so rightfully amid hurricane coming. One day delay is nothing on the time scale of things on verizon.
Sorry I'm late to the party, I didn't see the news in the forum so I didn't want anyone left hanging. I'll slink back into my corner now...
The_Chief is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2011, 12:09 AM   #132 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,128
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5, LG G2
Carrier: at&t

Thanks: 1,191
Thanked 835 Times in 640 Posts
Default

Now that NYC event is irrelevant to us on verizon, I will see what they show in Berlin event on 09/01. I think that might give us glimpse at what Verizon might be getting later from Sammy.
Sandroidfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #133 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 23
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

August 30th. Haven't heard or seen anything about the SGS2 at my local ATT stores. :/
trusktr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #134 (permalink)
Accept no imitations!
 
The_Chief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manchester, TN
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,218
 
Device(s): Note 3 (rooted & ROMmed), Galaxy Nexus (retired), OG Droid (retired)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 2,585
Thanked 7,072 Times in 3,357 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusktr View Post
August 30th. Haven't heard or seen anything about the SGS2 at my local ATT stores. :/
I think what you're waiting for is the Big Reveal, which apparently is later this evening:

Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Revealed Ahead of Tonight’s Unveiling
The_Chief is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2011, 04:29 PM   #135 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Central TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,128
 
Device(s): Galaxy S5, LG G2
Carrier: at&t

Thanks: 1,191
Thanked 835 Times in 640 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trusktr View Post
August 30th. Haven't heard or seen anything about the SGS2 at my local ATT stores. :/
You'd better go to Attain forum here. It's no show for verizon today.
Sandroidfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply

Samsung Stratosphere
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

The Samsung Stratosphere is a 4G LTE device for Verizon. It is a mid-range handset featuring a 1GHz processor, 4-inch Super AMOLED display and 5MP camera, and is the first LTE device in Verizon's lineup to feature a slide-out QWERTY keyboard. ... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Stratosphere
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.