April 16th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 177 Times in 68 Posts
How To Fix Samsung Vibrant Screeen
This written repair guide is for Samsung Vibrant. Following this repair guide will assist you to securely and quickly disassemble your Vibrant and replace the LCD screen and touch screen digitizer. You can also replace and repair other internal components of your Vibrant.
This guide will help you to install the following Samsung Vibrant part(s):
- Samsung Vibrant T959 LCD + Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- Safe open pry tool
- Small Phillips
- Heat Gun / Hair Dryer
- First step is to remove the back cover, the battery, the sim card and the memory card.
- Next, remove the seven (7) Small Phillips screws.
- Using a safe pry tool, release the clips and remove the back frame from the front assembly.
- Gently remove the three (3) pop connectors using safe pry tool. Also remove the top and bottom connector from the phone and gently remove the back keypad connector as shown in figure 2.
- Next using safe pry tool, run gently along the outside of the phone to release the motherboard.
- To remove the screen from the front assembly, use heat gun or hair dryer to soften the held adhesive. Use quick movements and do not stay in one position. Apply medium heat for about 30-60 seconds.
- Using safe pry tool, gently pry the screen to separate from the front assembly.
- To release the keypad flex cable, use heat gun or hair dryer then gently pry off using safe pry tool.
- You can now replace the screen of your Vibrant.
Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.