If you have not previously set up a Google account on the handset the only way to de-activate the pattern lock security is to re-install the android operating system on the handset. To protect your personal information this process wipes all user content from the hone memory including contacts, messaging, email accounts, and downloaded applications. However content held on the memory card or SIM card is unaffected by the upgrade process, so if you have contacts held on the SIM or have previously backed up content onto the memory card this should be available after the upgrade.
To Re-install the operating system please follow the below instructions
What you will need
- PC Computer
- Internet Access (Preferably Broadband)
- USB Cable
Step 1: To re-install the operating system you will need to download the Sony Ericsson Update Service, please see the link below to download :
- Download the installation package to a temporary folder on your PC.
- Run the downloaded file, and follow the instructions that appear.
How to use
-Double-click on the Update Service icon on the desktop.
- Let Update Service access the Internet to download content needed to run the service (Internet access may be blocked by your firewall settings).
- Follow the instructions that appear.
Note: If the update service displays you have the latest version of software to re-install the operating system you must choose the repair option, This will then re-install the operating system.