April 16th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 174 Times in 67 Posts
How To Fix Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Screen
Follow this take apart repair guide to repair your damaged Sony Ericsson Xperia Play CDMA or 4G. This will clearly walk you through the steps required to securely and quickly repair a damaged screen and other internal parts.
This guide will help you to install the following Sony Ericsson Xperia Play CDMA & 4G part(s):
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Touch Screen Digitizer
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Play LCD Screen
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- Torx T5 Screwdriver
- Torx T6 Screwdriver
- Adhesive Strips (For Touch Screen Repairs)
- Heat Gun/Hair Dryer
Sony Ericsson Xperia Play take apart guide:
- Remove first the back battery cover and the battery.
- Next remove the thirteen (13) T5 Torx Screwdriver as shown in Figure 1.
- Release the clips holding the back housing onto the device using safe pry tool.
- The motherboard will be exposed once the housing has been removed.
- Two (2) Small Phillips Screws holding the motherboard in place must be removed.
- Next, gently pry the headphone jack which is head with a small clip and adhesive using safe pry tool. Be careful on the connected flex cable.
- The motherboard must be left to its side after sliding outward the Xperia Play. Be cautious as it is still connected by 2 flex cables.
- The main “slide” flex cable is a simple pop connector and must be release.
- Next, carefully remove one small flex cable that is located under the slide connector.
- You can now remove the motherboard.
- Cautiously slide the rest of the keypad slide from the rest of the phone.
- Four (4) Small Phillips screws need to be removed. The two (2) screws are covered with white stickers. These screws are located in each corner.
- Ease up the slide to have access to the two (2) flex cables located in the corner, hidden behind a small piece of black plastic as shown in Figure 4.
- One connection is a jaw connector, carefully raise the back tab and cautiously pull the cable out of the connector. The larger connector is a simple pop connector.
- To release the front housing with touch screen digitizer, carefully pry along the outside edges of the housing.
- Next, use safe pry tool and carefully pry along the edges of the LCD and feed the cable through the slot on the housing to remove the LCD screen.
- To remove the touch screen from the frame you will need to apply heat from the front of the screen using a hair dryer or hair gun. Use quick movements and don’t stay in one are for too long. Average-high heat will be required to properly heat the held adhesive holding the screen assembly to the front housing. This should take 45-60 seconds to properly heat the adhesive.
- You can then begin prying along the outside edges of the screen to separate the screen from the housing. Reheat if necessary.
Simply replace the damaged parts with the new ones and reverse the order to put your phone back together again.