so after reading and watching several videos for the past month since i got my Xperia Play R800i, i think im ready to root and try customizing/flashing Roms.
phone model: Sony Xperia Play R800i
Android Version: 2.3.4
Kernel version : 184.108.40.206-perfSEMCUser@SEMCHost#1
Build number: 4.0.2.A.0.42
from what is red in the forums latest build of SuperOneClick v2.3.3 works with my Android version and build number is .42 so i can root it using this.
a little help on how to use it though might help, i saw videos but i want to also know what each of the other functions do,
so im kinda ready but still have questions, . . . . .
1. well i searched the net but i can't seem to get a clear answer on what is "baseband version" is, it tells me it's the radio signal or something, do i also change that to??
2. can i have a Nandroid backup First then root??
3. Rom is like the OS right? then what is the Kernel?? do i need to flash a kernel too??
4. and i read many things that people need a stock firmware for their phone but in [UK] [US] , etc. how do i know mine (im in the philippines so i don't know much about those stuff)
5. what are the default folders when you do a Fresh Clean install of a new Rom,. . . . ~ i mean in windows Xp you get ,
Documents and Settings, Program Files, Windows.
I just want to know cause i don't want extra folders and files i don't know
~ tnx in advance and to the helpful people here , always ready to help noobies like me