March 3rd, 2013, 11:21 PM
Join Date: Dec 2012
Device(s): Xperia Mini Pro, Xperia X10 Mini Pro
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Wow, bumping an oooolllld thread. In case anyone needs instructions:
- Use Flashtool to root.
Flashtool -- Xperia devices flashing
- Install Clockworkmod.
- Get custom ROM. There's lots to choose from. Some may require that you unlock the bootloader. The only two ROMs I've tried are CM7 and SE Style (which is based on CM7). I prefer SE Style, which you can get at
- Copy ZIP file ROM to your SD card.
- Reboot phone. When you see the white Sony Ericsson logo, keep pressing the Back <= button, until you get into Clockworkmod.
- Use volume up/down buttons, Home button, and Back button to navigate.
Clear Cache Partition. Go into the Advanced Menu, and clear Dalvik Cache.
- Install ZIP From SD Card, and follow the prompts.
- Wait for it to do its job, then reboot. The first couple of times, it may hang during boot. Just take out the battery, then power up again.
NOTE: Before installing the ZIP/ROM, you may want to backup your phone, which you can do using Clockworkmod. If you can figure out how to do this, then you shouldn't even consider upgrading your ROM.
Different custom ROMs have different requirements (such as unlocked bootloader, as mentioned above, and/or require that your phone is running a specific firmware). FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS that the compiler of the ROM give you.
(may not be exactly the same)