Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Spectrum > Spectrum - All Things Root

Like Tree42Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 4th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 126
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 705
Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB206 View Post
Which program told you that? If it's kapersky, they have quite a few false negatives, which is why I stopped using it.
I think it was System Mech. Pro., I have been getting some false misaligned HDD messages from it. but the md5 was good so I flashed using the full wipe method and the time and date after bootup was correct for once.
Then a re boot later and it's back to needing the system time reset.

Maybe an unroot / re root will clear it up.

Otherwise this ROM looks and feels sweet.
Most all the right apps right there from the start.
TiBackup is great to have right there.

Advertisements
cac2us is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 5th, 2012, 02:32 PM   #52 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 230
 
Device(s): LG Vortex CM7 Samsung Galaxy S CM7 Kindle Fire CM9 ICS LG Spectrum rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 119 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Will be posting 3.0 update later today.
brianmaedche is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brianmaedche For This Useful Post:
cac2us (August 5th, 2012)
Old August 5th, 2012, 03:04 PM   #53 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 47
 
Device(s): OG Droid, Droid 2 R2D2 ,Xperia Play, LG Spectrum, LG Intuition, LG Spectrum 2, Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Getting ready to give this thing a ride looks great and super excited. For all us uber nerds out there maybe the name could change to
The Deathly HoloS.
admiral ackpoux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 126
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 705
Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmaedche View Post
Will be posting 3.0 update later today.
What is a good free music app to play MP3's and WMA's?
The ones that I have on my phone.

Play store just has 7 day trial and pay for apps.

Can I just use TiBackup to restore one of the other ones.?

BTW this ROM is smooth.
cac2us is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 04:06 PM   #55 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MrB206's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,879
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, ASUS Transformer 300T
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 255 Times in 227 Posts
Default

Winamp is my favorite.
MrB206 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrB206 For This Useful Post:
cac2us (August 5th, 2012)
Old August 5th, 2012, 07:58 PM   #56 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 230
 
Device(s): LG Vortex CM7 Samsung Galaxy S CM7 Kindle Fire CM9 ICS LG Spectrum rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 119 Times in 58 Posts
Default

3.0 Update is up in the op enjoy
brianmaedche is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brianmaedche For This Useful Post:
neckchop (August 5th, 2012)
Old August 5th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #57 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 91
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 40
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Sweet! Was waiting for 3.0...gonna give it a spin now!
Staticaxe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 08:54 PM   #58 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 91
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 40
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default

OK, I screwed up. Thought I saw someone post that they successfully flashed this over BP with only wiping Dalvik and I didn't feel like reloading all my apps, etc. So, ya, I was being lazy. I installed the zip, rebooted and now it's stuck at the boot animation. Can't boot into Recovery. What have I done?
Staticaxe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #59 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 230
 
Device(s): LG Vortex CM7 Samsung Galaxy S CM7 Kindle Fire CM9 ICS LG Spectrum rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 119 Times in 58 Posts
Default

will have a 3.1 up in a lil bit with toggles themed in landscape and a few other fixes in the theme work
brianmaedche is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brianmaedche For This Useful Post:
IMUcarmen (August 5th, 2012), neckchop (August 5th, 2012)
Old August 5th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 230
 
Device(s): LG Vortex CM7 Samsung Galaxy S CM7 Kindle Fire CM9 ICS LG Spectrum rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 119 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staticaxe View Post
OK, I screwed up. Thought I saw someone post that they successfully flashed this over BP with only wiping Dalvik and I didn't feel like reloading all my apps, etc. So, ya, I was being lazy. I installed the zip, rebooted and now it's stuck at the boot animation. Can't boot into Recovery. What have I done?
ummm im not sure. if you were able to get to recovery i would say do a complete wipe and start fresh. the first boot does take quite a while to boot up as well.
brianmaedche is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 5th, 2012, 09:39 PM   #61 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 91
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 40
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmaedche View Post
ummm im not sure. if you were able to get to recovery i would say do a complete wipe and start fresh. the first boot does take quite a while to boot up as well.
What is "quite a while?" Maybe I just haven't waited long enough but I've let it sit for well over 5 minutes on the animation.
Staticaxe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 09:45 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 230
 
Device(s): LG Vortex CM7 Samsung Galaxy S CM7 Kindle Fire CM9 ICS LG Spectrum rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 119 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staticaxe View Post
What is "quite a while?" Maybe I just haven't waited long enough but I've let it sit for well over 5 minutes on the animation.
Mine probably took bout 5 mins. so you cant even button combo into recovery? only thing i can think of if ya cant is put your phone in download mode and flash stock firmware and start from there again.
brianmaedche is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #63 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 91
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 40
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default

When I try volume up plus power it shows LG screen, then goes blank, then shuts back down. Never see Recovery. I can do volume down plus power and it gives factory hard reset option but not sure if I should go that route?
Staticaxe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #64 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 230
 
Device(s): LG Vortex CM7 Samsung Galaxy S CM7 Kindle Fire CM9 ICS LG Spectrum rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 119 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staticaxe View Post
When I try volume up plus power it shows LG screen, then goes blank, then shuts back down. Never see Recovery. I can do volume down plus power and it gives factory hard reset option but not sure if I should go that route?
Thats the route you take. do power and vol down. hit power button twice i believe and it will take you to the cwm recovery on your phone
brianmaedche is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #65 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 91
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 40
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Power plus volume down doesn't go to recovery at least not first... the first thing that comes up is asking if I want to do a factory hard reset. You're saying do that?
Staticaxe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 10:03 PM   #66 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 230
 
Device(s): LG Vortex CM7 Samsung Galaxy S CM7 Kindle Fire CM9 ICS LG Spectrum rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 119 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staticaxe View Post
Power plus volume down doesn't go to recovery at least not first... the first thing that comes up is asking if I want to do a factory hard reset. You're saying do that?
Yep. i know for a fact that it will work.
brianmaedche is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 10:06 PM   #67 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 91
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 40
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Awesome... good call and thank you! Lesson learned. Reinstalling now....
Staticaxe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 10:09 PM   #68 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 230
 
Device(s): LG Vortex CM7 Samsung Galaxy S CM7 Kindle Fire CM9 ICS LG Spectrum rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 119 Times in 58 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staticaxe View Post
Awesome... good call and thank you! Lesson learned. Reinstalling now....
Hope everything works out this time

EDIT

You should now be able to just wipe Dalvik to update to the next update i put out. Seeing as thats all i do now. but seeing as you waited till 3.0 was released to install. that could be why it didnt boot all the way. the person who wiped just dalvik before did it off my first build where there wasnt as much work done to it as there is in the 3.0. but like i said hope it works out for ya.
brianmaedche is offline  
Last edited by brianmaedche; August 5th, 2012 at 10:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #69 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 91
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 40
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default

It worked, however now having issues with setup. The OP says to hit the home button when the FC comes up but that didn't do anything. So I acknowledged the FC and it takes me back to first screen of setup. Then I hit home and just end up at a blank screen. I have the status bar at the top but that's it and no buttons work.


Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmaedche View Post
Hope everything works out this time

EDIT

You should now be able to just wipe Dalvik to update to the next update i put out. Seeing as thats all i do now. but seeing as you waited till 3.0 was released to install. that could be why it didnt boot all the way. the person who wiped just dalvik before did it off my first build where there wasnt as much work done to it as there is in the 3.0. but like i said hope it works out for ya.
Staticaxe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 10:41 PM   #70 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 230
 
Device(s): LG Vortex CM7 Samsung Galaxy S CM7 Kindle Fire CM9 ICS LG Spectrum rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 119 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staticaxe View Post
It worked, however now having issues with setup. The OP says to hit the home button when the FC comes up but that didn't do anything. So I acknowledged the FC and it takes me back to first screen of setup. Then I hit home and just end up at a blank screen. I have the status bar at the top but that's it and no buttons work.

reboot the phone and see if that works. to get the screen up. ive flashed every version i have made and i havent had any other problems then what i posted.

another thing you can do is push power button to shut screen off then hit it again and it will be back on.

EDIT:

3.1 Update will be up in bout 10 mins as well
brianmaedche is offline  
Last edited by brianmaedche; August 5th, 2012 at 11:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 5th, 2012, 11:00 PM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 231
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum ICS rooted - LG Lucid ICS rooted - HTC DINC ICS rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 87
Thanked 36 Times in 26 Posts
Default

ya i having an endless boot animation. i can turn the screen on and off w/crt off, but stuck at boot animation. installing BO3 to try this halo3.1
dspl1236 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 11:04 PM   #72 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 230
 
Device(s): LG Vortex CM7 Samsung Galaxy S CM7 Kindle Fire CM9 ICS LG Spectrum rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 119 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspl1236 View Post
ya i having an endless boot animation. i can turn the screen on and off w/crt off, but stuck at boot animation. installing BO3 to try this halo3.1
Do full wipe.
brianmaedche is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #73 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 91
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 40
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmaedche View Post
reboot the phone and see if that works. to get the screen up. ive flashed every version i have made and i havent had any other problems then what i posted.

EDIT:

3.1 Update will be up in bout 10 mins as well
No joy. Reboot just put me back to endless boot animation. Went back to BP for now will try again with 3.1 tomorrow.
Staticaxe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2012, 11:33 PM   #74 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 230
 
Device(s): LG Vortex CM7 Samsung Galaxy S CM7 Kindle Fire CM9 ICS LG Spectrum rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 119 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Okay guys found the source to some possible problems that you were having. For now 3.0 and 3.1 have been pulled. I will post 3.2.1 here in a bit.
brianmaedche is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brianmaedche For This Useful Post:
cac2us (August 5th, 2012)
Old August 6th, 2012, 12:49 AM   #75 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 230
 
Device(s): LG Vortex CM7 Samsung Galaxy S CM7 Kindle Fire CM9 ICS LG Spectrum rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 119 Times in 58 Posts
Default 3.1 link is live again

Okay everyone like the title say. 3.1 link is live again but......there are also new install instructions so please please read them in the OP.

THANK YOU
Staticaxe likes this.
brianmaedche is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 07:39 AM   #76 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 91
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 40
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Going to V2 first seemed to do the trick! D/L'ing 3.1 now... thanks!
Staticaxe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 07:46 AM   #77 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
neckchop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 47
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 81
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I've been on 3.0 since last night. I was already on bp, so all i did was wipe cache and dalvik to avoid reinstalling everything. Initial boot took a while (maybe 5 minutes?) but so far so good. :-)
neckchop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 09:13 AM   #78 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 91
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 40
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Damn man, my phone just does NOT seem to like anything past 2.0. I got that working, but no matter what I do (full wipe or just Dalvik) it gets hung up on the set up wizard after the FC when I install 3.1. It just goes to a blank screen. I can see the status bar, I can lock and unlock the phone, the volume buttons work, but if I unlock it there is just a black screen and nothing is responsive. Crazy!!

I've rebooted, with and without going to Recovery, wiped Dalvik and not wiped Dalvik, and then it just hangs at the boot ani.
Staticaxe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 10:25 AM   #79 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 230
 
Device(s): LG Vortex CM7 Samsung Galaxy S CM7 Kindle Fire CM9 ICS LG Spectrum rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 119 Times in 58 Posts
Default

S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staticaxe View Post
Damn man, my phone just does NOT seem to like anything past 2.0. I got that working, but no matter what I do (full wipe or just Dalvik) it gets hung up on the set up wizard after the FC when I install 3.1. It just goes to a blank screen. I can see the status bar, I can lock and unlock the phone, the volume buttons work, but if I unlock it there is just a black screen and nothing is responsive. Crazy!!

I've rebooted, with and without going to Recovery, wiped Dalvik and not wiped Dalvik, and then it just hangs at the boot ani.
Okay when you install v2 are you installing the 3.1 right after? I if so fallow these 1. Wipe dalvik, and cache, and data wipe. 2.install v2 and reboot, and go through setup process. The it will fc still but hit home key. That all should work. 3.reboot into recovery and just wipe dalvik.. 4. Install 3.1. And let it reboot. I its gonna take a Lil bit. This is what I have done and I have had others test and it worked for them
brianmaedche is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 10:40 AM   #80 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 91
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 40
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmaedche View Post
S

Okay when you install v2 are you installing the 3.1 right after? I if so fallow these 1. Wipe dalvik, and cache, and data wipe. 2.install v2 and reboot, and go through setup process. The it will fc still but hit home key. That all should work. 3.reboot into recovery and just wipe dalvik.. 4. Install 3.1. And let it reboot. I its gonna take a Lil bit. This is what I have done and I have had others test and it worked for them
Thanks, I may give it a try later. Also wanted to mention I couldn't get Backup Assistant to work...
Staticaxe is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 6th, 2012, 10:46 AM   #81 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 230
 
Device(s): LG Vortex CM7 Samsung Galaxy S CM7 Kindle Fire CM9 ICS LG Spectrum rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 119 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staticaxe View Post
Thanks, I may give it a try later. Also wanted to mention I couldn't get Backup Assistant to work...
Backup assistant won't work I removed it from my rom. Use your Google account to back up your contacts
brianmaedche is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #82 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 230
 
Device(s): LG Vortex CM7 Samsung Galaxy S CM7 Kindle Fire CM9 ICS LG Spectrum rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 119 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Another thing you could try if above install process doesn't work is. I flash Black Plague rom. Use then from there install mine by just wiping dalvik.
brianmaedche is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 02:30 PM   #83 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MrB206's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,879
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, ASUS Transformer 300T
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 255 Times in 227 Posts
Default

Is anyone else getting such high ram commitments from Holo? I shit you not, this is NOT a photoshop and it's the highest I've seen yet:



Ironically, this happened after about 8 hours of non-use.
MrB206 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #84 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IMUcarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 1,720
 
Device(s): Droid Charge / LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,048
Thanked 351 Times in 276 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB206 View Post
Is anyone else getting such high ram commitments from Holo? I shit you not, this is NOT a photoshop and it's the highest I've seen yet:



Ironically, this happened after about 8 hours of non-use.
Holo is using 26MB here
IMUcarmen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 04:52 PM   #85 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MrB206's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,879
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, ASUS Transformer 300T
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 255 Times in 227 Posts
Default

I've NEVER seen it get that high, so I had to take a screenshot to prove it happened. I can't quite figure out why it ramps up so much ram, either... it's a small app and supposed to be streamlined, but it consistently hits ram levels no other alt-home apps do.
MrB206 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 06:11 PM   #86 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 216
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 30
Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Usage Update: Have been on V2 for a few days now, going to V3.1 here in a few.

Random reboots still occur. Heat seems to play a factor of course. They are however uncommon and just random. Still running @ 1.8 / SmartassV2 / BFQ. ROM is still by far the most stable one I have used, and not worth returning to stock over the few quirks.

Hmmm... Stuck on boot animation after update. Wonder if it has to do with font change... Reflashing 3.1.1 again.

Sticking with V2 for now.
steamer86 is offline  
Last edited by steamer86; August 6th, 2012 at 09:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2012, 09:43 PM   #87 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 230
 
Device(s): LG Vortex CM7 Samsung Galaxy S CM7 Kindle Fire CM9 ICS LG Spectrum rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 119 Times in 58 Posts
Default Update 3.2.5

Okay for everyone that was having problems installing 3.1.1 I have went back a fixed some stuff. Rom will install after a full wipe now. It will also work with flashing over previous builds by wiping dalvik.
neckchop likes this.
brianmaedche is offline  
Last edited by brianmaedche; August 6th, 2012 at 10:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 01:41 AM   #88 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IMUcarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 1,720
 
Device(s): Droid Charge / LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,048
Thanked 351 Times in 276 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmaedche View Post
Okay for everyone that was having problems installing 3.1.1 I have went back a fixed some stuff. Rom will install after a full wipe now. It will also work with flashing over previous builds by wiping dalvik.
Amazing work so far Brian. I'm really enjoying your ROM.

Stay tuned guys Brian has big plans for this ROM and I think it's going to turn into something great. I've thrown about 100 ideas at him and I think he plans on using a few of them. I personally expect this to turn into a very nice ROM though I think he's already done a stellar job.
Staticaxe likes this.
IMUcarmen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 06:35 AM   #89 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Maryland, USA
Posts: 91
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 40
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Giving it another go!

Edit: Working great now!
Staticaxe is offline  
Last edited by Staticaxe; August 7th, 2012 at 08:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 08:30 AM   #90 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 216
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 30
Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Nice nice. Don't burn yourself out bud, but thanks for all the work. Will test after work.
neckchop likes this.
steamer86 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 7th, 2012, 09:15 AM   #91 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 47
 
Device(s): OG Droid, Droid 2 R2D2 ,Xperia Play, LG Spectrum, LG Intuition, LG Spectrum 2, Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

just wanted to make sure about the new 3.2.5 update was going to put 2 on my phone but saw he was updating . With 3.2.5 do I need HoloS or can I just flash 3.2.5 like normal(running Plauged now). Just want to make sure before having to use backups and redownload and other things.
admiral ackpoux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #92 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 230
 
Device(s): LG Vortex CM7 Samsung Galaxy S CM7 Kindle Fire CM9 ICS LG Spectrum rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 119 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiral ackpoux View Post
just wanted to make sure about the new 3.2.5 update was going to put 2 on my phone but saw he was updating . With 3.2.5 do I need HoloS or can I just flash 3.2.5 like normal(running Plauged now). Just want to make sure before having to use backups and redownload and other things.
From BP just flash right over the top of it
brianmaedche is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 12:53 PM   #93 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 59
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 1
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Love this ROM! just wanted to mention that updon updating to 3.2.5, my call volume went down significantly. I went back to the 3.1 backup I made and it is better, so I don't know if it was just my phone or not. Also, the new dialer on 3.2.5 didn't show any numbers as you typed. It seems like the font is set to black and the background is black as well, so nothing would show up. Just wanted to give feedback. Even with these little things (which could just be my phone) this ROM is awesome!nice work!
Dcaugust is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 02:19 PM   #94 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IMUcarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 1,720
 
Device(s): Droid Charge / LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,048
Thanked 351 Times in 276 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcaugust View Post
Love this ROM! just wanted to mention that updon updating to 3.2.5, my call volume went down significantly. I went back to the 3.1 backup I made and it is better, so I don't know if it was just my phone or not. Also, the new dialer on 3.2.5 didn't show any numbers as you typed. It seems like the font is set to black and the background is black as well, so nothing would show up. Just wanted to give feedback. Even with these little things (which could just be my phone) this ROM is awesome!nice work!
Brian is aware of font in the dialer and I'm sure is working on a fix.
IMUcarmen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #95 (permalink)
Member
 
real0325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 161
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Don't forget zram

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
real0325 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 03:35 PM   #96 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 98
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 83
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Root access issues

Hi Brian,
Thanks for a great ROM. Appears to run very smooth. I am having issues with "root access" for Titanium Backup, Astro, File explorer (and possibly other apps), but setCPU has no issues. I followed the instructions (including all wipes) in your post. Not sure what should I do. (I installed this over BlackPlague)
vj950 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #97 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IMUcarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 1,720
 
Device(s): Droid Charge / LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,048
Thanked 351 Times in 276 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vj950 View Post
Hi Brian,
Thanks for a great ROM. Appears to run very smooth. I am having issues with "root access" for Titanium Backup, Astro, File explorer (and possibly other apps), but setCPU has no issues. I followed the instructions (including all wipes) in your post. Not sure what should I do. (I installed this over BlackPlague)
I know you said setcpu is working but I would go ahead and run a root checker app from the market to make sure root is being detected. If the root checker fails to find root then rerun the AIO file and root again. I've had to do this before.

Also you may want to try a restart and see if those apps still dont find root. If they dont detect root then try uninstalling and reinstalling those apps.
neckchop likes this.
IMUcarmen is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IMUcarmen For This Useful Post:
brianmaedche (August 7th, 2012)
Old August 7th, 2012, 05:30 PM   #98 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 230
 
Device(s): LG Vortex CM7 Samsung Galaxy S CM7 Kindle Fire CM9 ICS LG Spectrum rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 119 Times in 58 Posts
Default

@IMU thanks for watching over the forum throughout the day.
IMUcarmen likes this.
brianmaedche is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #99 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 230
 
Device(s): LG Vortex CM7 Samsung Galaxy S CM7 Kindle Fire CM9 ICS LG Spectrum rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 119 Times in 58 Posts
Default

New Update.....mms is fully themed and has new screen animations
Staticaxe, IMUcarmen and dspl1236 like this.
brianmaedche is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brianmaedche For This Useful Post:
cac2us (August 7th, 2012), IMUcarmen (August 7th, 2012)
Old August 7th, 2012, 10:58 PM   #100 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South Carolina - unfortunately
Posts: 860
 
Device(s): Samsung Moment, Droid 4, LG Spectrum, 2x Nook Tablet, all rooted.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 54
Thanked 130 Times in 80 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmaedche View Post
New Update.....mms is fully themed and has new screen animations
mirrors are now available for v2 through 3.2.6 on my website also. (the "link pulled" versions are NOT available there)

http://androidforums.com/joelperryproductions.com/spectrum/roms/holo-s/HoLoS-3.2.6.zip
__________________
LG Spectrum -- Rooted and running CM10.1 official M2 thanks to TDM (and too many others to list).
B&N Nook Tablet 16GB -- running CM10.1 with 10 finger multitouch
finndo77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to finndo77 For This Useful Post:
brianmaedche (August 7th, 2012)
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Spectrum > Spectrum - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.