Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Spectrum > Spectrum - All Things Root

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 10th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: leland NC
Posts: 505
 
Device(s): Lg spectrum- plagued optimus rom... Samsung fascinate- devious m6 4.0.4
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 43
Thanked 78 Times in 56 Posts
bones420la
Default aroma installer?

The hellybean rom for my fascinate uses aroma to make the rom universal for a few similar sgs devices. Shouldn't it be possible to build a rom where the user could choose like wp7/iPhone/lg/ics themes? Like each one use a different set of apps? Kinda like taking all the black plague variations into one zip

bones420la is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 11th, 2012, 09:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 271
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, HTC Hero CDMA, HTC Evo Shift, Nook Tablet, DROID 4, DROID RAZR M, Dell Venue 8
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 62
Thanked 50 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones420la View Post
The hellybean rom for my fascinate uses aroma to make the rom universal for a few similar sgs devices. Shouldn't it be possible to build a rom where the user could choose like wp7/iPhone/lg/ics themes? Like each one use a different set of apps? Kinda like taking all the black plague variations into one zip
I don't know if that's possible but that would be one big zip
megaghostgamer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: leland NC
Posts: 505
 
Device(s): Lg spectrum- plagued optimus rom... Samsung fascinate- devious m6 4.0.4
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 43
Thanked 78 Times in 56 Posts
bones420la
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaghostgamer View Post
I don't know if that's possible but that would be one big zip
i would guess around 500mb.. sice plagued optimus is somewhere in the 300's ... all that would be extra would be different apks... alot would be universal... or even if a rom dev used it so users can choose which apps to use... like some of us love swype.. yet some hate it with a passion.. it would add a whole new level of customization..

ive been looking into it a little bit.. but havent had a chance to figure out exactly what it would take to get it working... if i get time ill probably try it just for shits and giggles.. i just used it on my fascinate.. and megahostgamer im sure youve seen it on a htc rom before.
bones420la is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 01:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 271
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, HTC Hero CDMA, HTC Evo Shift, Nook Tablet, DROID 4, DROID RAZR M, Dell Venue 8
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 62
Thanked 50 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones420la View Post
i would guess around 500mb.. sice plagued optimus is somewhere in the 300's ... all that would be extra would be different apks... alot would be universal... or even if a rom dev used it so users can choose which apps to use... like some of us love swype.. yet some hate it with a passion.. it would add a whole new level of customization..

ive been looking into it a little bit.. but havent had a chance to figure out exactly what it would take to get it working... if i get time ill probably try it just for shits and giggles.. i just used it on my fascinate.. and megahostgamer im sure youve seen it on a htc rom before.
Actually nope lol I've got some gapps that are aroma they are cool but I believe they are either jb or ics
megaghostgamer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2012, 03:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South Carolina - unfortunately
Posts: 860
 
Device(s): Samsung Moment, Droid 4, LG Spectrum, 2x Nook Tablet, all rooted.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 54
Thanked 130 Times in 80 Posts
Default

You would need a base Rom pushed out to the phone first (could actually be all the Roms, not just one, since they are all built on stock at this point, so you could do it with a minimal rooted stock, like my EvenLess), then have a multiple choice menu system for the user.

1. Pick your home launcher
A
B
C
D

2. Pick your email client
A
B
C
D

3. Pick your color scheme
A
B
C
D


And so on...

It might even work best to have it run in Windows or Linux (so you can show images) and build the flashable Rom file, then push it to the phone, reboot to recovery, and flash, all through ADB.
__________________
LG Spectrum -- Rooted and running CM10.1 official M2 thanks to TDM (and too many others to list).
B&N Nook Tablet 16GB -- running CM10.1 with 10 finger multitouch
finndo77 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Spectrum > Spectrum - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:17 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.