Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Spectrum > Spectrum - All Things Root

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree11Likes
  • 5 Post By IMUcarmen
  • 1 Post By hollywoods14
  • 3 Post By admn81
  • 1 Post By blueracer90
  • 1 Post By hollywoods14

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 24th, 2012, 10:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default OTA ICS LG Spectrum Problems.....HELP!!!

Hi,

I tried downloading the OTA ICS for my LG Spectrum today, it downloads fine but when I go to install it, I get this:

ClockworkMod Recovery v6.0.1.1
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed

*I HAVE ATTACHED A PICTURE*
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot.jpg (85.4 KB, 45 views)

Advertisements
nastyleak is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 24th, 2012, 10:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 534
 
Device(s): Droid DNA
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 37
Thanked 57 Times in 46 Posts
Default

Everyone please pay attention!

Stop trying to upgrade if you have cwm!!!!!!

Your phone must be stock zv6, no root, and no CWM!

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/17823-flashing-lg-signed-firmware/
__________________
Known as Stonent on XDA
MrDangerous is offline  
Last edited by MrDangerous; October 24th, 2012 at 10:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDangerous View Post
Everyone please pay attention!

Stop trying to upgrade if you have cwm!!!!!!

Your phone must be stock zv6, no root, and no CWM!

Flashing LG signed Firmware - LG Spectrum - RootzWiki
Damn ,

your reply makes me feel so stupid but thanks for the advise.
nastyleak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IMUcarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 1,720
 
Device(s): Droid Charge / LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,048
Thanked 351 Times in 276 Posts
Default

*Shakes head*
IMUcarmen is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IMUcarmen For This Useful Post:
MrDangerous (October 24th, 2012)
Old October 24th, 2012, 01:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 870
 
Device(s): Spectrum Stock ICS Rooted; Asus TF300 Stock JB Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 76
Thanked 117 Times in 94 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyleak View Post
Damn ,

your reply makes me feel so stupid but thanks for the advise.
not to be a dick man, but it kind of should. That has been posted in about 10 different threads about 50 different times.
edit: since i feel like is slighty harsh How to return to pure V4 or V6 Verizon stock with only CWM recovery ... this will get you back to stock so you can take the ota.
hollywoods14 is offline  
Last edited by hollywoods14; October 24th, 2012 at 01:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 01:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 870
 
Device(s): Spectrum Stock ICS Rooted; Asus TF300 Stock JB Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 76
Thanked 117 Times in 94 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMUcarmen View Post
*Shakes head*
its like deja vu from the v6 ota
bones420la likes this.
hollywoods14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 04:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 216
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 30
Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Read people read!
steamer86 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoods14 View Post
not to be a dick man, but it kind of should. That has been posted in about 10 different threads about 50 different times.
edit: since i feel like is slighty harsh How to return to pure V4 or V6 Verizon stock with only CWM recovery ... this will get you back to stock so you can take the ota.

V6:

http://androidfiles.massivefilehost.com/v6_stock_noroot/stock_recovery_restorer_v6.zip

http://androidfiles.massivefilehost.com/v6_stock_noroot/v6_stock_noroot.zip

Extract the contents of v6_stock_noroot.zip to the sd card of your phone so that the directory inside of your zip is at /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/v6_stock_noroot/ . If you do it wrong and put it at /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/v6_stock_noroot/v6_stock_noroot/ it will not work.

Copy stock_recovery_restorer.zip to the base directory of your sdcard so the end result should be /sdcard/stock_recovery_restorer_v6.zip


Next :

Now boot into recovery.

Make one final nandroid backup if you are so inclined.

Now at the root menu of CWM Recovery choose wipe data/factory reset , then yes.

Then go into advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache -> yes
and also advanced -> Wipe Battery Stats -> yes

Now go into backup and restore -> restore -> v6_stock_noroot

If it goes correctly, proceed to the next step. If it fails, you placed the files incorrectly. Reboot your phone and fix where you extracted v6_stock_noroot.zip to.

If all went well, go to install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> stock_recovery_restorer_v6.zip -> yes.

Ok, I try to go back to V6 following these steps and I get stuck on:

Now go into backup and restore -> restore -> v6_stock_noroot

I go to install v6_stock_noroot and it says:
Checking MD5 sums...
MD5 mismatch!

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG NOW???

*please forgive me for being such a noob*
nastyleak is offline  
Last edited by nastyleak; October 24th, 2012 at 06:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,378
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, Droid 1, Nexus 7, OUYA (yeah, it's fun)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 188
Thanked 820 Times in 433 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyleak View Post
V6:

http://androidfiles.massivefilehost.com/v6_stock_noroot/stock_recovery_restorer_v6.zip

http://androidfiles.massivefilehost.com/v6_stock_noroot/v6_stock_noroot.zip

Extract the contents of v6_stock_noroot.zip to the sd card of your phone so that the directory inside of your zip is at /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/v6_stock_noroot/ . If you do it wrong and put it at /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/v6_stock_noroot/v6_stock_noroot/ it will not work.

Copy stock_recovery_restorer.zip to the base directory of your sdcard so the end result should be /sdcard/stock_recovery_restorer_v6.zip


Next :

Now boot into recovery.

Make one final nandroid backup if you are so inclined.

Now at the root menu of CWM Recovery choose wipe data/factory reset , then yes.

Then go into advanced -> Wipe Dalvik Cache -> yes
and also advanced -> Wipe Battery Stats -> yes

Now go into backup and restore -> restore -> v6_stock_noroot

If it goes correctly, proceed to the next step. If it fails, you placed the files incorrectly. Reboot your phone and fix where you extracted v6_stock_noroot.zip to.

If all went well, go to install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> stock_recovery_restorer_v6.zip -> yes.

Ok, I try to go back to V6 following these steps and I get stuck on:

Now go into backup and restore -> restore -> v6_stock_noroot

I go to install v6_stock_noroot and it says:
Checking MD5 sums...
MD5 mismatch!

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG NOW???

*please forgive me for being such a noob*
MD5 mismatch is almost always the fact that you put the files one directory too deep.

"Extract the contents of v6_stock_noroot.zip to the sd card of your phone so that the directory inside of your zip is at /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/v6_stock_noroot/ . If you do it wrong and put it at /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/v6_stock_noroot/v6_stock_noroot/ it will not work."

If they are in fact there correctly, try putting them on your phone again or possibly use a different memory card.
Neph81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 08:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neph81 View Post
MD5 mismatch is almost always the fact that you put the files one directory too deep.

"Extract the contents of v6_stock_noroot.zip to the sd card of your phone so that the directory inside of your zip is at /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/v6_stock_noroot/ . If you do it wrong and put it at /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/v6_stock_noroot/v6_stock_noroot/ it will not work."

If they are in fact there correctly, try putting them on your phone again or possibly use a different memory card.
What do you mean too deep???
I install it EXACTLY where the instruction say and it appears EXACTLY as the directions say: sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/v6_stock_noroot/

If i had done it wrong the steps clearly say that it would've showed or said: sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/v6_stock_noroot/v6_stock_noroot/
but it didn't, it did not show up as this file name.

So, I repeated it this step 5 TIMES and I still get the same message "MD5 mismatch"

Is there a youtube video showing how to do this???
nastyleak is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 24th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Lykarsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 300
 
Device(s): Nexus 7 (CyanogenMod 10.2), HTC One (BoneStock 1.1)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 103
Thanked 82 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyleak View Post
What do you mean too deep???
I install it EXACTLY where the instruction say and it appears EXACTLY as the directions say: sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/v6_stock_noroot/

If i had done it wrong the steps clearly say that it would've showed or said: sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/v6_stock_noroot/v6_stock_noroot/
but it didn't, it did not show up as this file name.

So, I repeated it this step 5 TIMES and I still get the same message "MD5 mismatch"

Is there a youtube video showing how to do this???
Try re-downloading the files, it might work. Do you mind posting screenshots of where you put the files. When I first did it I had it in the wrong place and even though I swore I didn't, I had it in the wrong place and tried like 12 times.
Lykarsis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
MicroMod777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 159
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 66 Times in 26 Posts
Default

In cwm do full wipe, and flash my ROM:

Spectrum_Stock_ROM_v6.zip ::. |

Then flash Neph's return to stock recovery:

http://androidfiles.massivefilehost.com/v6_stock_noroot/stock_recovery_restorer_v6.zip
MicroMod777 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MicroMod777 For This Useful Post:
magdelaine (October 26th, 2012)
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykarsis View Post
Try re-downloading the files, it might work. Do you mind posting screenshots of where you put the files. When I first did it I had it in the wrong place and even though I swore I didn't, I had it in the wrong place and tried like 12 times.
Yes, please if you don't mind, post pictures so I can have a more CLEAR understanding of where they need to go, thank you very much in advance.
nastyleak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMod777 View Post
In cwm do full wipe, and flash my ROM:

Spectrum_Stock_ROM_v6.zip ::. |

Then flash Neph's return to stock recovery:

http://androidfiles.massivefilehost.com/v6_stock_noroot/stock_recovery_restorer_v6.zip
Noob Question: what does flash your ROM means? How do you do this?
Is "flash" another terminology for "wiping, erasing"???
nastyleak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 640
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, LG Ally-Bionic Zero v.05-DEAD :(
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 303
Thanked 150 Times in 102 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyleak View Post
Noob Question: what does flash your ROM means? How do you do this?
Is "flash" another terminology for "wiping, erasing"???
I'm not trying to be a dick but if you have to ask that you probably shouldn't be messing with your phone. If you want to learn read through threads here or google it.
admn81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to admn81 For This Useful Post:
hollywoods14 (October 25th, 2012)
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 870
 
Device(s): Spectrum Stock ICS Rooted; Asus TF300 Stock JB Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 76
Thanked 117 Times in 94 Posts
Default

flash = install ..... there is my good deed for the day, back to being a dick.
hollywoods14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:57 AM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by admn81 View Post
I'm not trying to be a dick but if you have to ask that you probably shouldn't be messing with your phone. If you want to learn read through threads here or google it.
OUCH!!!
nastyleak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:58 AM   #18 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoods14 View Post
flash = install ..... there is my good deed for the day, back to being a dick.
lol, funny comment
nastyleak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 09:10 AM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 870
 
Device(s): Spectrum Stock ICS Rooted; Asus TF300 Stock JB Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 76
Thanked 117 Times in 94 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyleak View Post
OUCH!!!
still trying to be nice... but it gets very very frustrating answering the same questions over and over. 9 times out of 10 your questions and issues can usually be solved by searching the forum. I know it can be a pain sometimes, but it should always be your first option.
hollywoods14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hollywoods14 For This Useful Post:
admn81 (October 25th, 2012)
Old October 25th, 2012, 09:39 AM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 640
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, LG Ally-Bionic Zero v.05-DEAD :(
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 303
Thanked 150 Times in 102 Posts
Default

What I said what meant to be taken personal or mean spirited nastyleak. It was meant for you to try to learn more before you screw your phone up by doing something you are not sure of that's all. The information is here in the forums and its worthwhiletoknow what you're doing before you try.
admn81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 25th, 2012, 09:46 AM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 249
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum w. Icy Fusion
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 51
Thanked 44 Times in 34 Posts
Default

About two months ago I was a noob as well. I started by reading every single page of the Brokenout thread (about 1260 posts). That thread is like a fast course in rooting and flashing roms. I know if may seem like a lot, and a lot of it is repeats but it is worth reading through it.
arlancam509 likes this.
blueracer90 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 10:47 AM   #22 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueracer90 View Post
About two months ago I was a noob as well. I started by reading every single page of the Brokenout thread (about 1260 posts). That thread is like a fast course in rooting and flashing roms. I know if may seem like a lot, and a lot of it is repeats but it is worth reading through it.
Ok,

So i took your advise and decided to read a little more through the forums, correct me if I'm wrong:

For me to go back to FULL STOCK I have to start from V4, update OTA to V6 and then again update OTA to ICS???

Because I started to go back to stock rom from V6, i did not do V4 first, could this have been the cause of my problem????

Or am I completely talking out of my ass???
nastyleak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 11:00 AM   #23 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Lykarsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 300
 
Device(s): Nexus 7 (CyanogenMod 10.2), HTC One (BoneStock 1.1)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 103
Thanked 82 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyleak View Post
Ok,

So i took your advise and decided to read a little more through the forums, correct me if I'm wrong:

For me to go back to FULL STOCK I have to start from V4, update OTA to V6 and then again update OTA to ICS???

Because I started to go back to stock rom from V6, i did not do V4 first, could this have been the cause of my problem????

Or am I completely talking out of my ass???
No, I went straight to V6. did you maybe not extract the ROM zip? The zip has to be extracted at that location, not just put there.
Lykarsis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 11:44 AM   #24 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykarsis View Post
No, I went straight to V6. did you maybe not extract the ROM zip? The zip has to be extracted at that location, not just put there.
I did, I did extract the files at the exact location it told me to do so, and it still said:
Checking MD5 sums...

MD5 mismatch!

So, you know what I give up, I don't want to keep filling up this forum with dumb questions, so let's drop it. I'll just wait until they fix the 4G problems on the ICS leaked version.

Thanks all for your patience with me.

Admin,

You can delete this thread if you like, I won't feel insulted or get mad.
nastyleak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 870
 
Device(s): Spectrum Stock ICS Rooted; Asus TF300 Stock JB Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 76
Thanked 117 Times in 94 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyleak View Post
I did, I did extract the files at the exact location it told me to do so, and it still said:
Checking MD5 sums...
MD5 mismatch!

So, you know what I give up, I don't want to keep filling up this forum with dumb questions, so let's drop it. I'll just wait until they fix the 4G problems on the ICS leaked version.

Thanks all for your patience with me.

Admin,

You can delete this thread if you like, I won't feel insulted or get mad.
let me ask you this? how are you extracting and putting the file in the correct location? Are downlaoing on your computer, extracting and placing on your sd card? Are you doing it all on your phone?
hollywoods14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #26 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoods14 View Post
let me ask you this? how are you extracting and putting the file in the correct location? Are downlaoing on your computer, extracting and placing on your sd card? Are you doing it all on your phone?
I have done it both ways hollywood, I connected my phone to my PC, put it into mass storage mode, search for the base sd directory and extract it there using my PC, then I put it back to charge only.

Also, I have copied the zip.file onto my phone (through my pc) and then I have extracted it through my phone onto the base sd directory.

So, as you can see I've done it both ways and still nothing seems to work.

That's why I asked, if it's not too much to ask, can someone please make a youtube video showing step by step on how to do this correctly....it will be greatly APPRECIATED.

If not, then I'll just go back and crawl up back into my whole and wait until the 4G issue is fixed on the ICS leaked version.
nastyleak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Once again, THANK YOU ALL FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR PUTTING UP WITH ME, YOUR PATIENCE IS GREATLY ADMIRED AND RESPECTED.
nastyleak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #28 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

You should not be extracting the .zip file. It should be placed as is on your phone.
Edit: To explain, you should do a straight copy of the .zip file to the directory you choose on your phone. I use the /download directory on my SD card by default. CWM relies on the .zip format to flash files on your phone. The program does the work of extracting and installing.
ssj4gogeta2003 is offline  
Last edited by ssj4gogeta2003; October 25th, 2012 at 01:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 870
 
Device(s): Spectrum Stock ICS Rooted; Asus TF300 Stock JB Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 76
Thanked 117 Times in 94 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyleak View Post
I have done it both ways hollywood, I connected my phone to my PC, put it into mass storage mode, search for the base sd directory and extract it there using my PC, then I put it back to charge only.

Also, I have copied the zip.file onto my phone (through my pc) and then I have extracted it through my phone onto the base sd directory.

So, as you can see I've done it both ways and still nothing seems to work.

That's why I asked, if it's not too much to ask, can someone please make a youtube video showing step by step on how to do this correctly....it will be greatly APPRECIATED.

If not, then I'll just go back and crawl up back into my whole and wait until the 4G issue is fixed on the ICS leaked version.
try downloading the file directly to the phone, instead of tranferring fomr the computer. Thenuse an app like root explorer ( its what i used) to extract it to the correct folder. be careful thoguh, whe i did this is placed it one folder too deep ( sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/v6_stock_noroot/v6_stock_noroot/)
so i had to move back one folder after extraction( sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/v6_stock_noroot/) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssj4gogeta2003 View Post
You should not be extracting the .zip file. It should be placed as is on your phone.
Edit: To explain, you should do a straight copy of the .zip file to the directory you choose on your phone. I use the /download directory on my SD card by default. CWM relies on the .zip format to flash files on your phone. The program does the work of extracting and installing.
incorrect. the process he is using is a nandroid,which needs to be extracted to sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/v6_stock_noroot/ . although micromodd does have a flashable version of the v6 stock rom he could just download and flash.
hollywoods14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 02:03 PM   #30 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 22
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Whoops, I should have read more carefully
I will say that, given his problems, a flashable rom is probably going to be easier than a nandroid backup. I know for a fact that MicroMod's v6 rooted ROM (with stock recovery, of course) can receive the ICS update using the VZW download tool.
ssj4gogeta2003 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 25th, 2012, 02:06 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 870
 
Device(s): Spectrum Stock ICS Rooted; Asus TF300 Stock JB Rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 76
Thanked 117 Times in 94 Posts
Default

This what the backup folder should look like



The you go into the v6_stock_noroot folder and should look like this... If the is another v6_stock_noroot folder you have don't it wrong
Neph81 likes this.
hollywoods14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2012, 11:42 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
coderaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 130
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum (Current), Droid Bionic (Current), LG Revolution (Retired), Droid Charge (Retired)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 26
Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoods14 View Post
still trying to be nice... but it gets very very frustrating answering the same questions over and over. 9 times out of 10 your questions and issues can usually be solved by searching the forum. I know it can be a pain sometimes, but it should always be your first option.
This is why I left XDA. It got to be a day in, day out thing... ugh
coderaz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #33 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDangerous View Post
Everyone please pay attention!

Stop trying to upgrade if you have cwm!!!!!!

Your phone must be stock zv6, no root, and no CWM!
[/url]
strange I didn't have to flash the signed firmware at all to receive the ics update. All i did was run the AIO tool, did the unroot, restored factory recovery, then I did the upgrade thru my computer (the OTA wouldn't even download it kept tripping out on me)
but then again I hadn't been running any ROMS
(if you were running stock tho make sure you unfreeze EVERYTHING just to be on the safe side lol)
StrmDragon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2012, 08:54 AM   #34 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New Jersey, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi Hollywood,

It worked, THANKS A MILLION BRO!!! WOO HOO!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!
nastyleak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Spectrum > Spectrum - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.