Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Spectrum > Spectrum - All Things Root

Like Tree35Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 7th, 2013, 08:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,374
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, Droid 1, Nexus 7, OUYA (yeah, it's fun)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 188
Thanked 818 Times in 432 Posts
Default TWRP - Spectrum

I got bored and did more reading. Thanks to TDM and D2A, I'm actually able to compile stuff on my own. Here is the fruit of that info.

*Link removed. Use .zip updater as it contains the corrected graphics version.*

The graphics colors are off and I'm still working on fixing that part, but everything else appears to work. Once I have a functional copy with the correct colors, I will post an update.zip file for people to use.

If any brave souls want to test it out and give me feed back, please feel free to do so.

EDIT:

The file is now in a .zip format that you can flash from CWM. As stated elsewhere in the thread, once you get into TWRP, go to Settings -> and put a check on "Use rm -rf instead of formating". This is just a safety precaution until I can do more testing on formatting.

As it stands, ADB fully works, but "mount USB" does not. Changing the init settings did not fix this problem, so I am going to assume what D2A is true about the lun and this will not be a problem I can fix.

If anyone runs into issues, please let me know, and I will see what I can come up with.

Http://androidfiles.massivefilehost.com/twrp/Spectrum_TWRP.zip
IMUcarmen likes this.

Advertisements
Neph81 is offline  
Last edited by Neph81; January 11th, 2013 at 09:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Neph81 For This Useful Post:
admn81 (January 10th, 2013), blsmitty (January 7th, 2013), IMUcarmen (January 7th, 2013), Lykarsis (January 8th, 2013), ortrigger (January 7th, 2013), reeseboy (January 11th, 2013), tdm (January 7th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old January 7th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
azoller1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,077
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 237
Thanked 643 Times in 361 Posts
Default

Thanks so much for this! I tried building this on my own and it was confusing and I usually figure these thing out but guess not, great job! Will test later tonight
azoller1 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 62
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 81
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neph81 View Post
I got bored and did more reading. Thanks to TDM and D2A, I'm actually able to compile stuff on my own. Here is the fruit of that info.

http://androidfiles.massivefilehost.com/twrp/spec_twrp_adb_badgfx.img

The graphics colors are off and I'm still working on fixing that part, but everything else appears to work. Once I have a functional copy with the correct colors, I will post an update.zip file for people to use.

If any brave souls want to test it out and give me feed back, please feel free to do so.
Including USB mass storage? Not a huge deal but it's really convenient.
blsmitty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,374
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, Droid 1, Nexus 7, OUYA (yeah, it's fun)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 188
Thanked 818 Times in 432 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blsmitty View Post
Including USB mass storage? Not a huge deal but it's really convenient.
USB Mass storage does not seem to work at this point. This is most likely just an init script issue. Once I tackle the color issue, I will look into the mass storage issue. TWRP does allow for charging while in it, which is a major plus for anyone doing work with backups/recovering.
Neph81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neph81 For This Useful Post:
blsmitty (January 7th, 2013), IMUcarmen (January 7th, 2013)
Old January 7th, 2013, 11:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IMUcarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 1,720
 
Device(s): Droid Charge / LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,048
Thanked 351 Times in 276 Posts
Default

awesome neph! nice to have another choice besides cwm. Now if we could just get a neph81 rom we'd be good :]
admn81 and reeseboy like this.
IMUcarmen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:57 AM   #6 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
death2all110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Illinois, US
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,995
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4; LG Spectrum
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 163
Thanked 1,206 Times in 487 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to death2all110 deatheatergrim@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neph81 View Post
USB Mass storage does not seem to work at this point. This is most likely just an init script issue. Once I tackle the color issue, I will look into the mass storage issue. TWRP does allow for charging while in it, which is a major plus for anyone doing work with backups/recovering.
does USB mass storage even work in CWM?
__________________
I help maintain CM11 for the LG Spectrum.

LG VX8300>LG Decoy>LG Dare>LG Ally>Droid2>LG Ally>HTC Droid Incredible>HTC Thunderbolt>HTC Droid Incredible>Samsung Galaxy Nexus>LG Spectrum>Moto Droid RAZR Maxx>Samsung Galaxy S4


I'm located in: Computers&IT, LG Spectrum, XDA Developers; AllyIRC My Blog


Please press button, and please consider donating to my energy drink fund.Thanks!
death2all110 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 02:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Gender: Male
Posts: 275
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, Nook Tablet, DROID 4, DROID RAZR M, Dell Venue 8, Droid Incredible 4G LTE (Current)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 64
Thanked 50 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2all110 View Post
does USB mass storage even work in CWM?
It didn't for me but I haven't tried with PGs new one in cwm app
megaghostgamer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 62
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 81
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by megaghostgamer View Post
It didn't for me but I haven't tried with PGs new one in cwm app
+1

That's why it'd be a great change for the better, at least for me, if it was working in this recovery.
blsmitty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 01:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
death2all110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Illinois, US
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,995
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4; LG Spectrum
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 163
Thanked 1,206 Times in 487 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to death2all110 deatheatergrim@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blsmitty View Post
+1

That's why it'd be a great change for the better, at least for me, if it was working in this recovery.
I've had this issue on other phones that I maintained recovery images for. When a device has multiple USB modes available, and are switchable, at least on LG devices, it seems the lun file which is what the recovery uses for USB Mass Storage is only present when the device is in USB Mass Storage mode, and then rebooted into recovery. I never found a fix. I'm not sure if there is one.
death2all110 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,374
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, Droid 1, Nexus 7, OUYA (yeah, it's fun)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 188
Thanked 818 Times in 432 Posts
Default

Just a heads up. Until I can confirm or deny it, you may want to change the settings to use "RM -rf" . I have some /data corruption after a recent restore in TWRP and I'm not sure if it's from formating or something else I did. Again, this is just a heads up.
Neph81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Neph81 For This Useful Post:
IMUcarmen (January 8th, 2013), ortrigger (January 8th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old January 8th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MrB206's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,879
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, ASUS Transformer 300T
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 255 Times in 227 Posts
Default

I f***ing love twrp. Being able to name backups before you start and being able to stack flash zips is awesome.
MrB206 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
PhoenixPath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Prague, MN
Gender: Male
Posts: 73
 
Device(s): Samsung Fascinate (3) (Jellybean), Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Jellybean), LG Spectrum (ICS)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 26 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrB206 View Post
I f***ing love twrp. Being able to name backups before you start and being able to stack flash zips is awesome.
fwiw, you could do this through ROM Manager premium as well. Been an option for ages, you just need to enable "advanced options" in settings for the app.

...but yeah, TWRP made it a heck of a lot easier and I suppose the "free" bit is attractive to many. I'll likely switch to it myself once the issues are ironed out. I do like that it can be themed...just wish there were more themes available.
PhoenixPath is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2013, 10:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MrB206's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,879
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, ASUS Transformer 300T
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 12
Thanked 255 Times in 227 Posts
Default

Yea but rom manager is really useless unless you buy premium. If rom manager were the recovery program, it would be a fair comparison, but it's an add on app.
death2all110 likes this.
MrB206 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 01:22 AM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,374
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, Droid 1, Nexus 7, OUYA (yeah, it's fun)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 188
Thanked 818 Times in 432 Posts
Default

First post updated. Graphics fixed and now on version 2.4 alpha, but mount USB still does not work.
Neph81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Neph81 For This Useful Post:
admn81 (January 10th, 2013), blsmitty (January 10th, 2013), IMUcarmen (January 10th, 2013), ortrigger (January 10th, 2013)
Old January 10th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #15 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Lykarsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 300
 
Device(s): Nexus 7 (CyanogenMod 10.2), HTC One (BoneStock 1.1)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 103
Thanked 82 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Links down
Lykarsis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 62
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 81
Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Link worked for me. Wanna give it another try, Lykarsis?
blsmitty is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 01:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Lykarsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 300
 
Device(s): Nexus 7 (CyanogenMod 10.2), HTC One (BoneStock 1.1)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 103
Thanked 82 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blsmitty View Post
Link worked for me. Wanna give it another try, Lykarsis?
Still down. I'll try on my computer when I get home. Maybe my 3G I'd being wonky.
Lykarsis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Lykarsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 300
 
Device(s): Nexus 7 (CyanogenMod 10.2), HTC One (BoneStock 1.1)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 103
Thanked 82 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykarsis View Post
Still down. I'll try on my computer when I get home. Maybe my 3G I'd being wonky.
Finally got it to download. Refused to work over 3G for some reason. Running great:-)
Lykarsis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IMUcarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 1,720
 
Device(s): Droid Charge / LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,048
Thanked 351 Times in 276 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykarsis View Post
Finally got it to download. Refused to work over 3G for some reason. Running great:-)
are you running a host file on your phone? I had the host file from rom toolbox pro and pimp my rom running on my phone and it was blocking me from being able to download certain files.
IMUcarmen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #20 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
Lykarsis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 300
 
Device(s): Nexus 7 (CyanogenMod 10.2), HTC One (BoneStock 1.1)
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 103
Thanked 82 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMUcarmen View Post
are you running a host file on your phone? I had the host file from rom toolbox pro and pimp my rom running on my phone and it was blocking me from being able to download certain files.
Yes actually. I just check and that's exactly what it was. Thanks:-)
IMUcarmen likes this.
Lykarsis is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 11th, 2013, 02:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IMUcarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 1,720
 
Device(s): Droid Charge / LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,048
Thanked 351 Times in 276 Posts
Default

thank you for this neph. I started running it yesterday and I like it much more than CWM. I'll never go back to CWM unless I have to.
IMUcarmen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newnan, GA
Posts: 621
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 454
Thanked 192 Times in 147 Posts
Default

This is my first android device... CWM is all I've used. This will definitely grow on me, especially being able to name the backups. Thanks Neph!!
reeseboy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,374
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, Droid 1, Nexus 7, OUYA (yeah, it's fun)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 188
Thanked 818 Times in 432 Posts
Default

Ok, so, I've done the impossible and gotten mass storage to work in TWRP. The problem is that you need adb and to access "setprop" on the /system partition to get it to work. I tried moving toolbox and setprop to the recovery partition, but they still come up as file not found. If any devs want to give me a hand here, it would be appreciated. I need a way to change "persist.sys.usb.config=" from adb to mass_storage,adb and I don't want to set it in build.prop as that would auto mount the device any time you went into recovery and could potentially lead to SDcard corruption. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Neph81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Neph81 For This Useful Post:
Brandonson112 (January 12th, 2013), IMUcarmen (January 12th, 2013), Lykarsis (January 12th, 2013), ortrigger (January 12th, 2013)
Old January 12th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,374
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, Droid 1, Nexus 7, OUYA (yeah, it's fun)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 188
Thanked 818 Times in 432 Posts
Default

I'm going to be gone for most of the weekend, so I'm leaving this hear in case someone wants to work on it.

http://androidfiles.massivefilehost.com/twrp/spec_twrp_mswip.img

Flash this to your phone, boot into twrp and do the following two adb command from your computer:

adb shell mount system
adb shell "/system/bin/setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage,adb"

This will mount your phone as a USB drive. There is no good way to turn it off without rebooting. Remember to eject the drive in windows BEFORE rebooting your phone or even attempting to do a backup/restore. Two things writing/reading your sdcard at the same time could lead to corruption of the card. You have been warned.
Neph81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
death2all110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Illinois, US
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,995
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4; LG Spectrum
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 163
Thanked 1,206 Times in 487 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to death2all110 deatheatergrim@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neph81 View Post
I'm going to be gone for most of the weekend, so I'm leaving this hear in case someone wants to work on it.

http://androidfiles.massivefilehost.com/twrp/spec_twrp_mswip.img

Flash this to your phone, boot into twrp and do the following two adb command from your computer:

adb shell mount system
adb shell "/system/bin/setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage,adb"

This will mount your phone as a USB drive. There is no good way to turn it off without rebooting. Remember to eject the drive in windows BEFORE rebooting your phone or even attempting to do a backup/restore. Two things writing/reading your sdcard at the same time could lead to corruption of the card. You have been warned.
I'll try to take a look at the code later see if I can get something working with the gui
death2all110 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to death2all110 For This Useful Post:
brianmaedche (January 13th, 2013)
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IMUcarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 1,720
 
Device(s): Droid Charge / LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,048
Thanked 351 Times in 276 Posts
Default

I need help getting back CWM. I'm having major issues with this. I've been trying to flash beta 7 of aokp and/or cm10 and it's just not going well. I could go into all the details but i'll have to type to much.

Basically it does flash but everytime there an issue. I've flashed beta 7 of aokp and/or cm10 about 6 times in the past 2 hours and never once has it booted with 0 issues. At first the market would never install with gapps, then I finally got market installed and theres no keyboard. I tried to restore my backup I made right before flashing beta 7 and it fails. I'm really hating TWRP right now and would just like to go back to CWM.

The reason I need help with going back to CWM is because I can't get it to work with cm10. And I have a feeling the sotard v7 rom isn't going to flash properly in TWRP either so if someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong in cm10 I would be very very very thankful.
IMUcarmen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IMUcarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 1,720
 
Device(s): Droid Charge / LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,048
Thanked 351 Times in 276 Posts
Default

I can confirm that TWRP will not flash SOTARD v7. I'm having a nightmare here. Can someone please help me get CWM back.

I just can't figure out how to do it on while being on cm10 or aokp41. Right now i'm on aokp 41. I would just use the cab method but I have no internet connection to do it with and I'm hoping there is a way to do it while being on cm10 or aokp41. I'm in desparate need of help right now
IMUcarmen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newnan, GA
Posts: 621
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 454
Thanked 192 Times in 147 Posts
Default

No problem dirty flashing cm10b7 over b6 here...
reeseboy is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IMUcarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 1,720
 
Device(s): Droid Charge / LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,048
Thanked 351 Times in 276 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeseboy View Post
No problem dirty flashing cm10b7 over b6 here...
Dirty flash may work but wipe and flash does not. If you are brave try it. I promise you this version of TWRP we have is defective. Have you tried restoring a backup with it yet? I did and it failed. Have you tried installing GAPPS with it yet? I did and it fails. Have you tried flashing v7 with it yet? I did and it failed.

But all thats neither here nor there, I just want CWM back
IMUcarmen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 10:26 PM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IMUcarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 1,720
 
Device(s): Droid Charge / LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,048
Thanked 351 Times in 276 Posts
Default

I got cwm installed and all is well now.
IMUcarmen is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:05 PM   #31 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,374
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, Droid 1, Nexus 7, OUYA (yeah, it's fun)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 188
Thanked 818 Times in 432 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMUcarmen View Post
Dirty flash may work but wipe and flash does not. If you are brave try it. I promise you this version of TWRP we have is defective. Have you tried restoring a backup with it yet? I did and it failed. Have you tried installing GAPPS with it yet? I did and it fails. Have you tried flashing v7 with it yet? I did and it failed.

But all thats neither here nor there, I just want CWM back
First off, our version of TWRP is not defective as many people use it without issue including myself if you follow the instruction.

Secondly, I put in the message of the flash-able zip, on this forum, and in the first post to not use format and to set the RM -rf option.

You have now most likely corrupted your partitions. Follow these steps if you want your phone fixed. If not, expect to see your phone start to act up within a week. I had to do the same fix because my sms database kept corrupting along with other issues.

You must have CWM Recovery 6 installed.

ADB reboot recovery
adb shell
cd sbin

mke2fs -t ext4 -b 4096 /dev/block/mmcblk0p26
e2fsck -fy /dev/block/mmcblk0p26
"repeat e2fsck until it comes back clean"

mke2fs -t ext4 -b 4096 /dev/block/mmcblk0p27
e2fsck -fy /dev/block/mmcblk0p27
"repeat e2fsck until it comes back clean"

mke2fs -t ext4 -b 4096 /dev/block/mmcblk0p28
e2fsck -fy /dev/block/mmcblk0p28
"repeat e2fsck until it comes back clean"

You will be back to a pristine condition and with no OS. Install a rom and have fun. If I ever get the mount as mass storage fixed, I will be pushing out another version of TWRP and will replace mke2fs and e2fsck from CWM into TWRP just to make sure that isn't part of the issue.
Neph81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Neph81 For This Useful Post:
IMUcarmen (January 16th, 2013)
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #32 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,374
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, Droid 1, Nexus 7, OUYA (yeah, it's fun)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 188
Thanked 818 Times in 432 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2all110 View Post
I'll try to take a look at the code later see if I can get something working with the gui
I found the code that needs to be changed to get UMS to work, but I can't figure out what flag it's setting. When I mount, it doesn't set anything in lun/file and that needs to happen in order for the mount point to activate. Do you have any info on UMS in recovery?
Neph81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:28 PM   #33 (permalink)
tdm
Senior Member
 
tdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,963
 
Device(s): Oppo Find7
Carrier: T-Mobile US

Thanks: 905
Thanked 3,267 Times in 933 Posts
Default Re: TWRP - Spectrum

Nitro users have problems with twrp also. I suspect that it has a bug in the apply_patch function or the if/else logic. These functions are rarely used for roms.
tdm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:32 PM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,374
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, Droid 1, Nexus 7, OUYA (yeah, it's fun)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 188
Thanked 818 Times in 432 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm View Post
Nitro users have problems with twrp also. I suspect that it has a bug in the apply_patch function or the if/else logic. These functions are rarely used for roms.
Can any of them provide the log from /tmp/recovery.log? I've had no issues so far so I have nothing to work off of. If there is something wrong, I can see what possibly needs to be fixed.
Neph81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:35 PM   #35 (permalink)
tdm
Senior Member
 
tdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,963
 
Device(s): Oppo Find7
Carrier: T-Mobile US

Thanks: 905
Thanked 3,267 Times in 933 Posts
Default Re: TWRP - Spectrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neph81 View Post
Can any of them provide the log from /tmp/recovery.log? I've had no issues so far so I have nothing to work off of. If there is something wrong, I can see what possibly needs to be fixed.
You can ask. I think there's a thread in the nitro section on xda.
tdm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #36 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IMUcarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 1,720
 
Device(s): Droid Charge / LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,048
Thanked 351 Times in 276 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neph81 View Post
First off, our version of TWRP is not defective as many people use it without issue including myself if you follow the instruction.

Secondly, I put in the message of the flash-able zip, on this forum, and in the first post to not use format and to set the RM -rf option.

You have now most likely corrupted your partitions. Follow these steps if you want your phone fixed. If not, expect to see your phone start to act up within a week. I had to do the same fix because my sms database kept corrupting along with other issues.

You must have CWM Recovery 6 installed.

ADB reboot recovery
adb shell
cd sbin

mke2fs -t ext4 -b 4096 /dev/block/mmcblk0p26
e2fsck -fy /dev/block/mmcblk0p26
"repeat e2fsck until it comes back clean"

mke2fs -t ext4 -b 4096 /dev/block/mmcblk0p27
e2fsck -fy /dev/block/mmcblk0p27
"repeat e2fsck until it comes back clean"

mke2fs -t ext4 -b 4096 /dev/block/mmcblk0p28
e2fsck -fy /dev/block/mmcblk0p28
"repeat e2fsck until it comes back clean"

You will be back to a pristine condition and with no OS. Install a rom and have fun. If I ever get the mount as mass storage fixed, I will be pushing out another version of TWRP and will replace mke2fs and e2fsck from CWM into TWRP just to make sure that isn't part of the issue.
actually neph I had changed it to RM -rf That was the very first thing I did when I installed it the other day. Something is definitely not right with it though, unless when I flashed it in cwm it didnt take properly.
IMUcarmen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 11:56 PM   #37 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,374
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, Droid 1, Nexus 7, OUYA (yeah, it's fun)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 188
Thanked 818 Times in 432 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMUcarmen View Post
actually neph I had changed it to RM -rf That was the very first thing I did when I installed it the other day. Something is definitely not right with it though, unless when I flashed it in cwm it didnt take properly.
I still recommend doing a full format and file check using the above commands. It made a world of difference on my phone and you may as well if you're at a clean status.
Neph81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:18 AM   #38 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IMUcarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 1,720
 
Device(s): Droid Charge / LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,048
Thanked 351 Times in 276 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neph81 View Post
I still recommend doing a full format and file check using the above commands. It made a world of difference on my phone and you may as well if you're at a clean status.
I did what you said but I'm not sure it worked right. Here's a pastebin of my command prompt C:\Users\imuCarmen\Desktop\CWM-Root-Installer-LG-Spectrum-4G\Files>ADB reboot - Pastebin.com

Things are definitely weird on my phone now even with cwm back. I'm not having all the issues I was before but there are still some weird things happening on my phone.
IMUcarmen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:50 AM   #39 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,374
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, Droid 1, Nexus 7, OUYA (yeah, it's fun)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 188
Thanked 818 Times in 432 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMUcarmen View Post
I did what you said but I'm not sure it worked right. Here's a pastebin of my command prompt C:\Users\imuCarmen\Desktop\CWM-Root-Installer-LG-Spectrum-4G\Files>ADB reboot - Pastebin.com

Things are definitely weird on my phone now even with cwm back. I'm not having all the issues I was before but there are still some weird things happening on my phone.
Unmount /cache in CWM. That's why p27 didn't work when you tried to fix and format it. It may also be part of your issue if that partition is corrupt.
Neph81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Neph81 For This Useful Post:
IMUcarmen (January 17th, 2013)
Old January 17th, 2013, 02:12 AM   #40 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IMUcarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 1,720
 
Device(s): Droid Charge / LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,048
Thanked 351 Times in 276 Posts
Default

ok neph I went back and tried again and things seemed to work but my only concern is with the last section and how it's saying "/dev/block/mmcblk0p28: 11/115200 files (9.1% non-contiguous), 16112/460800 block
s"

The other 2 say 0.0% non-contiguous and I thought that is what I wanted. Am I right in my thinking or did it work? I'm still experiencing the issue I mentioned before so I'm concerned about what issues may still be going on.

C:\Users\imuCarmen\Desktop\CWM-Root-Installer-LG-Spectrum-4G\Files>ADB reboot re - Pastebin.com
IMUcarmen is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:49 AM   #41 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,374
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, Droid 1, Nexus 7, OUYA (yeah, it's fun)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 188
Thanked 818 Times in 432 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMUcarmen View Post
ok neph I went back and tried again and things seemed to work but my only concern is with the last section and how it's saying "/dev/block/mmcblk0p28: 11/115200 files (9.1% non-contiguous), 16112/460800 block
s"

The other 2 say 0.0% non-contiguous and I thought that is what I wanted. Am I right in my thinking or did it work? I'm still experiencing the issue I mentioned before so I'm concerned about what issues may still be going on.

C:\Users\imuCarmen\Desktop\CWM-Root-Installer-LG-Spectrum-4G\Files>ADB reboot re - Pastebin.com
That is a clean scan. When I was getting bad scans, it'd be scrolling messages about fixing items for almost 10 minutes.
Neph81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Neph81 For This Useful Post:
IMUcarmen (January 17th, 2013)
Old January 17th, 2013, 10:27 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Gender: Male
Posts: 205
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, Kindle Fire HD 8.9, Motorola DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 82
Thanked 87 Times in 64 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neph81 View Post
First off, our version of TWRP is not defective as many people use it without issue including myself if you follow the instruction.

Secondly, I put in the message of the flash-able zip, on this forum, and in the first post to not use format and to set the RM -rf option.

You have now most likely corrupted your partitions. Follow these steps if you want your phone fixed. If not, expect to see your phone start to act up within a week. I had to do the same fix because my sms database kept corrupting along with other issues.

You must have CWM Recovery 6 installed.

ADB reboot recovery
adb shell
cd sbin

mke2fs -t ext4 -b 4096 /dev/block/mmcblk0p26
e2fsck -fy /dev/block/mmcblk0p26
"repeat e2fsck until it comes back clean"

mke2fs -t ext4 -b 4096 /dev/block/mmcblk0p27
e2fsck -fy /dev/block/mmcblk0p27
"repeat e2fsck until it comes back clean"

mke2fs -t ext4 -b 4096 /dev/block/mmcblk0p28
e2fsck -fy /dev/block/mmcblk0p28
"repeat e2fsck until it comes back clean"

You will be back to a pristine condition and with no OS. Install a rom and have fun. If I ever get the mount as mass storage fixed, I will be pushing out another version of TWRP and will replace mke2fs and e2fsck from CWM into TWRP just to make sure that isn't part of the issue.
Will CABing back to V7 accomplish the same thing?
nathanhaywood is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 12:01 AM   #43 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,374
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, Droid 1, Nexus 7, OUYA (yeah, it's fun)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 188
Thanked 818 Times in 432 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanhaywood View Post
Will CABing back to V7 accomplish the same thing?
I don't have a good answer on that, but I would suspect not. They may be writing new partition tables with it, but I highly doubt it's scanning for bad blocks or sectors when it's doing it.
Neph81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Neph81 For This Useful Post:
nathanhaywood (January 18th, 2013)
Old January 18th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #44 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: leland NC
Posts: 518
 
Device(s): Lg spectrum- plagued optimus rom... Samsung fascinate- devious m6 4.0.4
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 45
Thanked 81 Times in 59 Posts
bones420la
Default

Looks good. Flashes good. Just doesn't wipe. Had to install ROM manager to get cwm back

I made sure to check that option when I first booted into twrp.

This is my favorite recovery. I'll definitely be trying it again when you post an update
reeseboy likes this.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by F9zSlavik View Post
It has been said that the phone came into existence when Chuck Norris sat on his couch not realizing he was also sitting on his remote control for his T.V.
True story
bones420la is offline  
Last edited by bones420la; January 18th, 2013 at 12:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #45 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,374
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, Droid 1, Nexus 7, OUYA (yeah, it's fun)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 188
Thanked 818 Times in 432 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones420la View Post
Looks good. Flashes good. Just doesn't wipe. Had to install ROM manager to get cwm back

I made sure to check that option when I first booted into twrp.

This is my favorite recovery. I'll definitely be trying it again when you post an update
I'm confused about the "doesn't wipe" comment. What part doesn't wipe?
Neph81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #46 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,374
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, Droid 1, Nexus 7, OUYA (yeah, it's fun)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 188
Thanked 818 Times in 432 Posts
Default

Can anyone who is currently running TWRP on the Spectrum please provide me with a reading while you're inside of TWRP.

I need to know what you have in directory /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/ . You can find out by browsing with TWRP's built in file manager, or with ADB shell.

Here is my current status on USB mount, but I need to know if anyone is getting a lun besides lun2, which is what I'm getting. If everyone is getting lun2, then I'm going to hard code the change to lun2, instead of being a variable, which returns 0.

Finished running boot script.
I:Attempt to load settings from settings file...
I:Version number saved to '/cache/recovery/.version'
I:Switching packages (TWRP)
I:Set page: 'mount'
I:Set page: 'usb_mount'
E:Unable to open ums lunfile '/sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun0/file': (No such file or directory)
Neph81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2013, 01:17 AM   #47 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: leland NC
Posts: 518
 
Device(s): Lg spectrum- plagued optimus rom... Samsung fascinate- devious m6 4.0.4
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 45
Thanked 81 Times in 59 Posts
bones420la
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neph81 View Post
I'm confused about the "doesn't wipe" comment. What part doesn't wipe?
I've grown into a habit of never dirty flashing ROMs. After I installed twrp I decided to go back to a stock base ROM then back to cm10 to see if it would fix GPS.
Wiped everything. Flashed sotard.apk. froze at 4g logo. Wiped everything. Flashed cm10. And all my apps and data from before I wiped the first time was still in my phone. I tried wiping multiple times. No errors. But nothing happens.
bones420la is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2013, 01:24 AM   #48 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
PlayfulGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW Georgia
Gender: Male
Posts: 8,109
 
Device(s): LG G Flex, LG Spirit, LG Motion, LG F3
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 238
Thanked 4,935 Times in 2,077 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neph81 View Post
Can anyone who is currently running TWRP on the Spectrum please provide me with a reading while you're inside of TWRP.

I need to know what you have in directory /sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/ . You can find out by browsing with TWRP's built in file manager, or with ADB shell.

Here is my current status on USB mount, but I need to know if anyone is getting a lun besides lun2, which is what I'm getting. If everyone is getting lun2, then I'm going to hard code the change to lun2, instead of being a variable, which returns 0.

Finished running boot script.
I:Attempt to load settings from settings file...
I:Version number saved to '/cache/recovery/.version'
I:Switching packages (TWRP)
I:Set page: 'mount'
I:Set page: 'usb_mount'
E:Unable to open ums lunfile '/sys/devices/platform/msm_hsusb/gadget/lun0/file': (No such file or directory)
cd to those paths in adb shell, look for the file named 'file' that has something in it. I wasnt able to find one when working on CWM.
__________________
Official Donate link if you like my work and would like to show your appreciation and support. All donations are greatly appreciated!!

PlayfulDroidz Wiki
UPP
PlayfulGod is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2013, 01:52 AM   #49 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,374
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, Droid 1, Nexus 7, OUYA (yeah, it's fun)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 188
Thanked 818 Times in 432 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayfulGod View Post
cd to those paths in adb shell, look for the file named 'file' that has something in it. I wasnt able to find one when working on CWM.
PG, I've already gotten to that part and it properly puts the /dev/block/mmcblk1p1 into the file. The issue is that the source code calls out %d, which for some reason only picks up 0, but when I boot into TWRP, I have a lun of 2. I made a copy with the lun hardcoded, and it works, but now my script to have the phone show up as an SDcard to Windows no longer works. It's a bit aggravating right now.

Also, you won't see that path in CWM because I believe koush used the GB kernel, and the GB kernel didn't contain that path.
Neph81 is offline  
Last edited by Neph81; January 20th, 2013 at 01:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2013, 01:54 AM   #50 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,374
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, Droid 1, Nexus 7, OUYA (yeah, it's fun)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 188
Thanked 818 Times in 432 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones420la View Post
I've grown into a habit of never dirty flashing ROMs. After I installed twrp I decided to go back to a stock base ROM then back to cm10 to see if it would fix GPS.
Wiped everything. Flashed sotard.apk. froze at 4g logo. Wiped everything. Flashed cm10. And all my apps and data from before I wiped the first time was still in my phone. I tried wiping multiple times. No errors. But nothing happens.
I had that happen when I had files in the /sdcard/.android-secure/ directory. For some reason it couldn't unlink them when doing a format, but it could with the RM -rf option on. Did you have this option on when you tried it? If I can figure out what happened, I'll see if I can provide a solution in the next build.
Neph81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Spectrum > Spectrum - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.