Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Spectrum > Spectrum - All Things Root

Like Tree13Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 12th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
tdm
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
tdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,963
 
Device(s): Oppo Find7
Carrier: T-Mobile US

Thanks: 905
Thanked 3,266 Times in 933 Posts
Default [BASEBAND] Flashable basebands for LG VS920

Intro

WARNING: These ZIP files are for the VS920 only! They do not verify your device model, and they will most likely brick any other device!

This is a collection of flashable basebands for the LG VS920 (Spectrum).

To install, place the zip on your phone's SD card, and install it from recovery in the same way you would install a ROM. You do not need to wipe/clear anything before or after installing these, and they will not alter your currently installed ROM at all.

Links

VS920 ZV4 md5=9c57dcb79306f200808e6e2bdf225cb0

VS920 ZV6 md5=25afe10e698e2ec3dee31f457e8975f6

VS920 ZV7 md5=aa682d095e067a435a6fd955729ec7a8

VS920 ZV8 md5=f0c2a8ae4f9db4c6f2b563472719973a

FAQ

Q: What do these do and why would I want to install them?

A:This is firmware for your cell radio/modem. In theory, the latest version should provide the best cell radio reception. Usually this is the case, but sometimes older basebands work better. This is why old versions are made available.

Q: Does my ROM install a baseband?

A: No. ROMs do not touch the baseband or affect it in any way. They are entirely independent.

Q: Does this affect roaming?

A: No, that is mainly controlled by your PRL, which is updated via a special program. I will not discuss PRL updates here in this post or in this thread since it is off topic.

Thanks

drumist @ xda for the collection of P930 basebands, which gave me this idea.
death2all110 for supplying ZV6 and ZV7 images.
Yonix for supplying ZV8 images.
brianmaedche likes this.

Advertisements
tdm is online now  
Last edited by tdm; February 22nd, 2013 at 11:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tdm For This Useful Post:
admn81 (January 12th, 2013), brianmaedche (January 12th, 2013), IMUcarmen (January 12th, 2013), ortrigger (January 12th, 2013), PrinceCorwin (May 2nd, 2013)
sponsored links
Old January 12th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 249
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum w. Icy Fusion
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 51
Thanked 44 Times in 34 Posts
Default

So this will get us back to complete stock with Root?
blueracer90 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
tdm
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
tdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,963
 
Device(s): Oppo Find7
Carrier: T-Mobile US

Thanks: 905
Thanked 3,266 Times in 933 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueracer90 View Post
So this will get us back to complete stock with Root?
This is a baseband (modem firmware). Nothing more and nothing less.

The only thing it should change is cell reception. Hopefully the latest baseband will have the best reception, but that is not always the case. YMMV and all that.

If you want "stock firmware", flash the official .cab file. There are other threads in this section with detailed instructions on how to do that.
brianmaedche likes this.
tdm is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 30
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Exclamation Flash over AOKP 41?

Will this resolve the roaming issue in AOKP 41?
intheair86 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newnan, GA
Posts: 621
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 454
Thanked 192 Times in 147 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheair86 View Post
Will this resolve the roaming issue in AOKP 41?
I don't think so. Roaming in AOKP41 is a result of a bad/wrong eri.xml I believe, which this doesn't touch. You aren't actually roaming.
reeseboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to reeseboy For This Useful Post:
tdm (January 12th, 2013)
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: HUNTSVILLE AL
Gender: Male
Posts: 344
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, ACER a200
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 33
Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts
Default

This is a test build....understood.....is there a way back if we don't like the performance of the new baseband. Or is there a way to create a zip that we can flash to go back?
sosaudio1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
tdm
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
tdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,963
 
Device(s): Oppo Find7
Carrier: T-Mobile US

Thanks: 905
Thanked 3,266 Times in 933 Posts
Default Re: [BASEBAND] Flashable basebands for LG VS920

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosaudio1 View Post
This is a test build....understood.....is there a way back if we don't like the performance of the new baseband. Or is there a way to create a zip that we can flash to go back?
You can backup your current baseband files like this:


dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 of=/sdcard/firmware.img bs=4096

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 of=/sdcard/baseband.img bs=4096

I'd you are using adb, prepend "adb shell" to those commands.

Restoring should be obvious, just swap if= and of= in those commands.

You should find that your files match md5 with the files inside the zip that corresponds to your current baseband. If not, I'd like to know.
tdm is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: HUNTSVILLE AL
Gender: Male
Posts: 344
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, ACER a200
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 33
Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm View Post
You can backup your current baseband files like this:


dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p1 of=/sdcard/firmware.img bs=4096

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 of=/sdcard/baseband.img bs=4096

I'd you are using adb, prepend "adb shell" to those commands.

Restoring should be obvious, just swap if= and of= in those commands.

You should find that your files match md5 with the files inside the zip that corresponds to your current baseband. If not, I'd like to know.
Cool can this be done inside the phone using terminal?
sosaudio1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 10:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Missoula, MT
Posts: 230
 
Device(s): LG Vortex CM7 Samsung Galaxy S CM7 Kindle Fire CM9 ICS LG Spectrum rooted
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 127
Thanked 119 Times in 58 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sosaudio1 View Post
Cool can this be done inside the phone using terminal?
Yep doing it now
brianmaedche is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brianmaedche For This Useful Post:
sosaudio1 (January 12th, 2013)
Old January 12th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: HUNTSVILLE AL
Gender: Male
Posts: 344
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, ACER a200
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 33
Thanked 32 Times in 25 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianmaedche View Post
Yep doing it now
Done here too but with 2%batt gonna wait to apply baseband until morning.
sosaudio1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 12th, 2013, 11:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
tdm
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
tdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,963
 
Device(s): Oppo Find7
Carrier: T-Mobile US

Thanks: 905
Thanked 3,266 Times in 933 Posts
Default Re: [BASEBAND] Flashable basebands for LG VS920

I have a phone that was on zv4. It has never taken the ics update or run a stock ics rom. And has not had vzw service since I owned it.

Installed zv7 baseband and the phone still boots and runs. Still doesn't have service lol. So I'm removing the untested warning.
brianmaedche likes this.
tdm is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tdm For This Useful Post:
admn81 (January 13th, 2013), brianmaedche (January 13th, 2013), cac2us (July 20th, 2013), IMUcarmen (January 12th, 2013), ortrigger (January 13th, 2013)
Old January 13th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MN
Posts: 640
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, LG Ally-Bionic Zero v.05-DEAD :(
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 303
Thanked 150 Times in 102 Posts
Default

Do you know what the main differences are in the baseband btwn CM and Stock ICS? If that makes sense?
admn81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2013, 09:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
tdm
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
tdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,963
 
Device(s): Oppo Find7
Carrier: T-Mobile US

Thanks: 905
Thanked 3,266 Times in 933 Posts
Default Re: [BASEBAND] Flashable basebands for LG VS920

Quote:
Originally Posted by admn81 View Post
Do you know what the main differences are in the baseband btwn CM and Stock ICS? If that makes sense?
This is the stock baseband, same as you would get if you flashed a cab or took an ota update.

CM does not make a baseband. The baseband is proprietary firmware and sources for it are kept locked up tight.
tdm is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tdm For This Useful Post:
admn81 (January 13th, 2013)
Old January 13th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

On gonna flash to v6 tomorrow am for you. Is that output I got last time sufficient again?
Kintwofan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
tdm
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
tdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,963
 
Device(s): Oppo Find7
Carrier: T-Mobile US

Thanks: 905
Thanked 3,266 Times in 933 Posts
Default Re: [BASEBAND] Flashable basebands for LG VS920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintwofan View Post
On gonna flash to v6 tomorrow am for you. Is that output I got last time sufficient again?
Just a copy of the two partitions, that's all I need.
tdm is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Will do
Kintwofan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #17 (permalink)
tdm
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
tdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,963
 
Device(s): Oppo Find7
Carrier: T-Mobile US

Thanks: 905
Thanked 3,266 Times in 933 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintwofan View Post
Will do
Still waiting for ZV6 images... are you still planning to upload those?
tdm is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
death2all110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Illinois, US
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,995
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4; LG Spectrum
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 163
Thanked 1,206 Times in 487 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to death2all110 deatheatergrim@gmail.com
Default

I'm flashing right now
__________________
I help maintain CM11 for the LG Spectrum.

LG VX8300>LG Decoy>LG Dare>LG Ally>Droid2>LG Ally>HTC Droid Incredible>HTC Thunderbolt>HTC Droid Incredible>Samsung Galaxy Nexus>LG Spectrum>Moto Droid RAZR Maxx>Samsung Galaxy S4


I'm located in: Computers&IT, LG Spectrum, XDA Developers; AllyIRC My Blog


Please press button, and please consider donating to my energy drink fund.Thanks!
death2all110 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 05:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
1linuxfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 139
 
Device(s): OG Droid 1, HTC Droid Eris, LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 48
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Just a friendly query. We needed a baseband flash for the OG Droid because we would get advanced leaks of them, but what purpose does it serve here, you do included the latest basebnad in your builds right?
Just curious.
1linuxfreak is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
death2all110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Illinois, US
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,995
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4; LG Spectrum
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 163
Thanked 1,206 Times in 487 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to death2all110 deatheatergrim@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1linuxfreak View Post
Just a friendly query. We needed a baseband flash for the OG Droid because we would get advanced leaks of them, but what purpose does it serve here, you do included the latest basebnad in your builds right?
Just curious.
CM10/AOKP don't touch the baseband. The purpose of this is for you to be able to upgrade to the V7 baseband or re-flash an old baseband if the new one isnt working well.
death2all110 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 16th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
death2all110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Illinois, US
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,995
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4; LG Spectrum
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 163
Thanked 1,206 Times in 487 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to death2all110 deatheatergrim@gmail.com
Default

Here you go TDM

http://db.tt/WXrGhMQY
death2all110 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to death2all110 For This Useful Post:
tdm (January 16th, 2013)
Old January 16th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
tdm
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
tdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,963
 
Device(s): Oppo Find7
Carrier: T-Mobile US

Thanks: 905
Thanked 3,266 Times in 933 Posts
Default

All updated thanks!
tdm is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2013, 12:48 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IMUcarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 1,720
 
Device(s): Droid Charge / LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,048
Thanked 351 Times in 276 Posts
Default Re: [BASEBAND] Flashable basebands for LG VS920

Bump
IMUcarmen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2013, 03:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
death2all110's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Illinois, US
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,995
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4; LG Spectrum
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 163
Thanked 1,206 Times in 487 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to death2all110 deatheatergrim@gmail.com
Default

Why'd you bump this?
death2all110 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2013, 06:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IMUcarmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Williamsburg, VA
Posts: 1,720
 
Device(s): Droid Charge / LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,048
Thanked 351 Times in 276 Posts
Default

why not?
tdm likes this.
IMUcarmen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:00 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,033
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 95
Thanked 370 Times in 281 Posts
Default

Guess something must of changed in the V8 Baseband as stock reported
v7: VS920ZV7-M8660A-AABQNSZM-3.6.2421
v8: VS920ZV8-M8660A-AABQNSZM-3.6.2421

Unless they just tweaked it to make the version portion match the rom.

I didn't make this a flashable zip because I'm not 100% sure how.

Here are the dd images though, I put them in a .7z to make sure nobody tries to flash them

Download ZV8 Baseband Images.7z from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
Yoinx is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yoinx For This Useful Post:
tdm (February 22nd, 2013)
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:50 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
1linuxfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 139
 
Device(s): OG Droid 1, HTC Droid Eris, LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 48
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoinx View Post
Guess something must of changed in the V8 Baseband as stock reported
v7: VS920ZV7-M8660A-AABQNSZM-3.6.2421
v8: VS920ZV8-M8660A-AABQNSZM-3.6.2421

Unless they just tweaked it to make the version portion match the rom.

I didn't make this a flashable zip because I'm not 100% sure how.

Here are the dd images though, I put them in a .7z to make sure nobody tries to flash them

Download ZV8 Baseband Images.7z from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
Baseband is the same. V8 added to correspond with V8 flash is all, file name, contents are the same.
1linuxfreak is offline  
Last edited by 1linuxfreak; February 22nd, 2013 at 09:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2013, 10:30 PM   #28 (permalink)
tdm
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
tdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,963
 
Device(s): Oppo Find7
Carrier: T-Mobile US

Thanks: 905
Thanked 3,266 Times in 933 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1linuxfreak View Post
Baseband is the same. V8 added to correspond with V8 flash is all, file name, contents are the same.
They are most definitely different:

$ md5sum ZV[78]/*.img
b78fee2f7bf3eddcfd50257a2b83124a ZV7/baseband.img
b3bc21958e1527e5b6c2dfc7926a4d7d ZV7/firmware.img
f32cb2772f5001e050ec4130837b6fc3 ZV8/baseband.img
23925d58b4c6ac6b67695bf82d35649f ZV8/firmware.img

I can even tell you that ZV7 was built on 6/18/12 and ZV8 was built on 1/17/13.

Of course, that says nothing about functional differences... only that the bits are different.
tdm is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tdm For This Useful Post:
IMUcarmen (February 22nd, 2013)
Old February 22nd, 2013, 11:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
1linuxfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 139
 
Device(s): OG Droid 1, HTC Droid Eris, LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 48
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm View Post
They are most definitely different:

$ md5sum ZV[78]/*.img
b78fee2f7bf3eddcfd50257a2b83124a ZV7/baseband.img
b3bc21958e1527e5b6c2dfc7926a4d7d ZV7/firmware.img
f32cb2772f5001e050ec4130837b6fc3 ZV8/baseband.img
23925d58b4c6ac6b67695bf82d35649f ZV8/firmware.img

I can even tell you that ZV7 was built on 6/18/12 and ZV8 was built on 1/17/13.

Of course, that says nothing about functional differences... only that the bits are different.
Yep, seen it several times back in the old Droid days, we had leaked basebands, the leaked ones were the same as the official ones except for the coding numbers, you could flash the official but WHY, you already had it for 3 months. Same here flash the V8 if you want, that one number will make all the difference.
When someone says "different" to me that means in function, which does make a DIFFERENCE.
1linuxfreak is offline  
Last edited by 1linuxfreak; February 22nd, 2013 at 11:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2013, 12:43 AM   #30 (permalink)
tdm
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
tdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,963
 
Device(s): Oppo Find7
Carrier: T-Mobile US

Thanks: 905
Thanked 3,266 Times in 933 Posts
Default

I'm not a baseband connoisseur by any means. I probably use my phone on average 100 minutes per month, and virtually always in the greater Seattle area which is well lit with cell coverage. So I'm not one who should be rating baseband performance for any device. Additionally, I have never had VZW service on my Spectrum. I used it with VM for a short while but I've since deactivated that account and moved to GSM, and now it doesn't have service at all anymore. So I really have no clue about the relative functionality of any of these basebands. I just post them and the users can decide which is best.
Neph81 likes this.
tdm is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 23rd, 2013, 02:35 AM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
1linuxfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 139
 
Device(s): OG Droid 1, HTC Droid Eris, LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 48
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm View Post
I'm not a baseband connoisseur by any means. I probably use my phone on average 100 minutes per month, and virtually always in the greater Seattle area which is well lit with cell coverage. So I'm not one who should be rating baseband performance for any device. Additionally, I have never had VZW service on my Spectrum. I used it with VM for a short while but I've since deactivated that account and moved to GSM, and now it doesn't have service at all anymore. So I really have no clue about the relative functionality of any of these basebands. I just post them and the users can decide which is best.
Gald you got the V8 baseband.
I understand, I however do use VZW and the different basebands, V8 is no different than V7, had I known this was such a prominent point I would have alerted everyone that the version number had been changed to V8 but the baseband remained the same.
Forgive me for the mistake.
Still not a CM fan, never liked it on the OG Droid (ran CyanogenMod several times), AOSP is more to my likings, less bloat.
tdm keep up the good work.
1linuxfreak is offline  
Last edited by 1linuxfreak; February 23rd, 2013 at 02:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2013, 04:07 AM   #32 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 63
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: [BASEBAND] Flashable basebands for LG VS920

I updated my baseband to v8 but can't get a GPS lock. I am running the official cm10.1 pre4 ROM. Any tips? Really need my GPS for work.
davidkhwang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2013, 01:49 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
1linuxfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 139
 
Device(s): OG Droid 1, HTC Droid Eris, LG Spectrum
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 48
Thanked 25 Times in 19 Posts
Default

SInce the OP has no working VZW account and can't test the basebands here is a quick tip for them all --
VS920 ZV4 Fair reception

VS920 ZV6 Fair reception

VS920 ZV7 This is the one, it made a huge difference in reception.

VS920 ZV8 same as V7

Point of view from working VZW account user.
1linuxfreak is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1linuxfreak For This Useful Post:
tdm (February 23rd, 2013)
Old May 2nd, 2013, 01:51 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Uzephi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sonora Desert
Posts: 158
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, HTC Inc (warrantied), Motorola DX2 (retired)
Carrier: Big Red

Thanks: 24
Thanked 41 Times in 33 Posts
Default

So, I flashed zv8 to test out reception (originally had zv7 since rooting and using tdm's awesome ROMs).

I started getting soft resets about 2-10mins after booting. I flashed the zv7 baseband to see if that would fix it. Still had issue. Restored an old Nandroid. Still same issue.

This current boot has lasted 4hrs, but still leery if issue is resolved. Current setup is clean flash of PAC now. Any idea why I would get odd reboots like that after flashing baseband?
Uzephi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:25 PM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,033
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 95
Thanked 370 Times in 281 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzephi View Post
So, I flashed zv8 to test out reception (originally had zv7 since rooting and using tdm's awesome ROMs).

I started getting soft resets about 2-10mins after booting. I flashed the zv7 baseband to see if that would fix it. Still had issue. Restored an old Nandroid. Still same issue.

This current boot has lasted 4hrs, but still leery if issue is resolved. Current setup is clean flash of PAC now. Any idea why I would get odd reboots like that after flashing baseband?
Tbh... while I like Pac and aokp... I'd test with cm official as aokp and Pac are based off cm. It also had the biggest dev base. If you have the issue on cm I'd be concerned. If not reflash back to Pac.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
Yoinx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 03:30 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Uzephi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sonora Desert
Posts: 158
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, HTC Inc (warrantied), Motorola DX2 (retired)
Carrier: Big Red

Thanks: 24
Thanked 41 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoinx View Post
Tbh... while I like Pac and aokp... I'd test with cm official as aokp and Pac are based off cm. It also had the biggest dev base. If you have the issue on cm I'd be concerned. If not reflash back to Pac.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
I don't think it was a ROM issue, I have been running PAC since the Apr 15 build came out.
Uzephi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2013, 05:06 PM   #37 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,033
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 95
Thanked 370 Times in 281 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzephi View Post
I don't think it was a ROM issue, I have been running PAC since the Apr 15 build came out.
Yeah, I wouldn't think it would a rom issue either. Its a different partition that the rom doesn't touch for the basebands.

However, it could be an issue with some sort of initialization. The Rom may not be able to get everything going for one reason or another. Think the GPS that would resolve by going back to stock then back to cm.

...Weird stuff happens.
Yoinx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 12:49 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Uzephi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sonora Desert
Posts: 158
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, HTC Inc (warrantied), Motorola DX2 (retired)
Carrier: Big Red

Thanks: 24
Thanked 41 Times in 33 Posts
Default

I found what is causing the device to freeze and reboot. Plunging it in. It happens 80% of the time. Would it be an issue with msmcharger?
Uzephi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
Uzephi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Sonora Desert
Posts: 158
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, HTC Inc (warrantied), Motorola DX2 (retired)
Carrier: Big Red

Thanks: 24
Thanked 41 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Stopped rebooting last night. Plugged and unplugged the phone repeatedly just to see if it would reboot. I guess something happened on the flash and after awhile it fixed itself.
Uzephi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #40 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum Rooted.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi. I have been trying various ROMs since I rooted the phone, but the same error keeps reemerging. After I rooted the device and installed CM 10.1 M2, the device only operates on 3G and does not recognize 4G. I tried Icy Fusion to no avail. Since the basebands are basically the radio update that accompanies the OTA, will flashing these basebands fix my problem or will I have to reflash LG firmware using the .cab files? Also, I am unable to access my recovery of the ZV8 rom and therefore cannot flash the stock rom again.

Thank You.
SunTzu8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 12th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #41 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
cubscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Grand Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 26
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum, Busted Ass Iphone 4s
Carrier: VZW

Thanks: 6
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Default

If I where you I would get the official lg update program and restore my phone. It takes 30 mjns depending on internet connection and it makes your phone like you just got it from Verizon. Then you can start over and have a little more knowledge than the first time you tried to get root access. You might have had an error and didn't realize it so starting fresh would be the first thing I did.
cubscout is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cubscout For This Useful Post:
SunTzu8 (May 12th, 2013)
Old May 12th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #42 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,033
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 95
Thanked 370 Times in 281 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu8 View Post
Hi. I have been trying various ROMs since I rooted the phone, but the same error keeps reemerging. After I rooted the device and installed CM 10.1 M2, the device only operates on 3G and does not recognize 4G. I tried Icy Fusion to no avail. Since the basebands are basically the radio update that accompanies the OTA, will flashing these basebands fix my problem or will I have to reflash LG firmware using the .cab files? Also, I am unable to access my recovery of the ZV8 rom and therefore cannot flash the stock rom again.

Thank You.
No flashing baseband aren't most likely your SIM was in the wrong mode. Should be like SIM/ruin or something along those lines.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
Yoinx is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yoinx For This Useful Post:
SunTzu8 (May 12th, 2013)
Old May 12th, 2013, 06:59 PM   #43 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum Rooted.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

@Cubscout. Where can I get the lg update program and is there a thread on the forums for the restoration process.

Is there any way someone could post a recovery file for the basebands that I could then flash?

Thank You
SunTzu8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #44 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,033
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 95
Thanked 370 Times in 281 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu8 View Post

Is there any way someone could post a recovery file for the basebands that I could then flash?

Thank You
Yeah... They're in the first post of this thread.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
Yoinx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 07:49 PM   #45 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum Rooted.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thank You. I fixed the baseband problem.
SunTzu8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #46 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum Rooted.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I thought the problem was solved, but it wasn't. I used the lg update program and followed all the instructions to return the phone to factory state. The entire process ended successfully, but the phone is stuck at the 4G logo. It boots up, displays the LG symbol and the 4G LTE logo, but does not go any further. Should I try the update tool again or should I try to use the .cab method?

Thank You
SunTzu8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 436
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 214
Thanked 158 Times in 120 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu8 View Post
I thought the problem was solved, but it wasn't. I used the lg update program and followed all the instructions to return the phone to factory state. The entire process ended successfully, but the phone is stuck at the 4G logo. It boots up, displays the LG symbol and the 4G LTE logo, but does not go any further. Should I try the update tool again or should I try to use the .cab method?

Thank You
Try doing a factory reset (volume down and power button), might need to pull battery first.
Nokoko is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #48 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum Rooted.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks. That seems to have worked. Since the device still does not recognize the 4G network, I think I have eliminated the problem to the sim card. Does Verizon do free sim replacements even if the phone's warranty is over?
SunTzu8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #49 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Virginia, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,033
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Thanks: 95
Thanked 370 Times in 281 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunTzu8 View Post
Thanks. That seems to have worked. Since the device still does not recognize the 4G network, I think I have eliminated the problem to the sim card. Does Verizon do free sim replacements even if the phone's warranty is over?
What's the SIM gotta do with the phone warranty? Don't think the SIM came in the phone....

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
Yoinx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #50 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 16
 
Device(s): LG Spectrum Rooted.
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

True. Never mind my prior question.
Yoinx likes this.
SunTzu8 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Spectrum > Spectrum - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.