Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Spirit 4G > Spirit 4G (Metro PCS) - All Things Root

Like Tree334Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 20th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #301 (permalink)
Member
 
odatkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Posts: 150
 
Device(s): LG Spirit, Samurai Rom, Freedom Kernel
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 104
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
Flash Spirit-CWM.zip with 2nd-init recovery and forget about LG_Spirit_Recovery.apk then proceed with step 3 in my previous post.
Thanks GT,
Installed Spirit-CWM.zip and then uninstalled 2nd init recovery with titanium plus. How can I check that it installed properly? I think you said that I can use quickboot now but I'm a bit gun shy. I'd like to make a backup of my system like I did with Katana.

Thank you again...........Tom

Advertisements
odatkid is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 20th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #302 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,727
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 411
Thanked 1,958 Times in 903 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by odatkid View Post
Thanks GT,
Installed Spirit-CWM.zip and then uninstalled 2nd init recovery with titanium plus. How can I check that it installed properly? I think you said that I can use quickboot now but I'm a bit gun shy. I'd like to make a backup of my system like I did with Katana.

Thank you again...........Tom
Yes... Quick Boot will get you into recovery then you can make a backup and flash anything you want that's available for this phone. Also going forward you will not have to install recovery again, even if you install a new rom.
__________________
Free Apps
GameTheory is offline  
Last edited by GameTheory; October 20th, 2013 at 10:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GameTheory For This Useful Post:
odatkid (October 20th, 2013)
Old October 20th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #303 (permalink)
Member
 
odatkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Posts: 150
 
Device(s): LG Spirit, Samurai Rom, Freedom Kernel
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 104
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
Yes... Quick Boot will get you into recovery then you can make a backup and flash anything you want that's available for this phone. Also going forward you will not have to install recovery again, even if you install a new rom.
VERY Cool...Thanks!
GameTheory likes this.
odatkid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #304 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strutter67 View Post
I'm not sure but I believe GT said there is an inherent issue with exchange. I just use the Outlook app from GPS.
You mind sharing specifically which app from gps you're talking about? I wanna switch back to katana but have to ensure exchange connectivity for work first. I have k9 but I don't like it.
blitzkrieg766 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2013, 03:55 PM   #305 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,727
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 411
Thanked 1,958 Times in 903 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzkrieg766 View Post
You mind sharing specifically which app from gps you're talking about? I wanna switch back to katana but have to ensure exchange connectivity for work first. I have k9 but I don't like it.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.outlook.Z7

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.kman.AquaMail
GameTheory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #306 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): LG Spirit (Samurai v2)
Carrier: Metro ($45/month I hate throttleing

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I've been running this rom for quite a while from v1 till now in v2. But I've been having a few problems.

1. random freeze. Seems to happen when I'm using the chrome browser, screen is stuck on, input does nothing, only way to fix is to hard boot off and on again. Happens more while it's being charged oddly.

2. When in a call, and you put it up to your ear. Sometimes the screen turns off, and doesen't click back on when you take it away from your head. I wave my hand over it and it starts working again. I think it's just too sensitive. Dunno.

Thanks for all your hard work. The new v2 rom works much better with my tether app (before it would only work on 3g), and overall it seems more responsive.

Also as a note to everyone, to fix the stupid font in chrome. Delete the HYF_Travel font file. And copy/paste whatever font you like (standard droid sans for me) and rename the duplicate file to HYF_Travel.
Android Addict likes this.
marsrover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #307 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bnb25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,566
 
Device(s): LG Spirit 4g.. ROOTED!! :) ASUS TRANSFORMER... AUTOBOTS ROLL OUT!!!
Carrier: DA METRO PCS BAY BEE

Thanks: 93
Thanked 346 Times in 283 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsrover View Post
I've been running this rom for quite a while from v1 till now in v2. But I've been having a few problems.

1. random freeze. Seems to happen when I'm using the chrome browser, screen is stuck on, input does nothing, only way to fix is to hard boot off and on again. Happens more while it's being charged oddly.

2. When in a call, and you put it up to your ear. Sometimes the screen turns off, and doesen't click back on when you take it away from your head. I wave my hand over it and it starts working again. I think it's just too sensitive. Dunno.

Thanks for all your hard work. The new v2 rom works much better with my tether app (before it would only work on 3g), and overall it seems more responsive.

Also as a note to everyone, to fix the stupid font in chrome. Delete the HYF_Travel font file. And copy/paste whatever font you like (standard droid sans for me) and rename the duplicate file to HYF_Travel.
chrome sucks. I always use the native web browser. I haven't had any of the other issues.
GameTheory likes this.
__________________
That's to much work!!
bnb25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 01:05 PM   #308 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,727
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 411
Thanked 1,958 Times in 903 Posts
Default

I haven't experienced any of that, been working fine for me. It could be cause I don't have a lot of apps installed. This phone only has 1gb of ram, but only has access to about 650mb and the rest is taken up by the system.

When you have a lot of apps on a phone with little ram, lag and freezes are to be expected. This usually means the apps are being stored in a swap space rather than ram which is slower for the phone to access.

Oh and I don't use chrome... Like bnb25 said, chrome sucks lol.
bnb25 likes this.
GameTheory is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GameTheory For This Useful Post:
marsrover (November 12th, 2013)
Old November 12th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #309 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jlede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bardwell,Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 893
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, LG Spirit, Nexus 7 1st Gen, LG connect
Carrier: T-Mobile USA (MetroPCS)

Thanks: 62
Thanked 81 Times in 68 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
I haven't experienced any of that, been working fine for me. It could be cause I don't have a lot of apps installed. This phone only has 1gb of ram, but only has access to about 650mb and the rest is taken up by the system.

When you have a lot of apps on a phone with little ram, lag and freezes are to be expected. This usually means the apps are being stored in a swap space rather than ram which is slower for the phone to access.

Oh and I don't use chrome... Like bnb25 said, chrome sucks lol.
I have more ram than you :P

jlede is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #310 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,727
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 411
Thanked 1,958 Times in 903 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlede View Post
I have more ram than you :P
All Spirits have the same amount of ram lol. The built in ram app gives a more accurate representation of the phone's ram.

Also I don't use ram killers/boosters/task managers since they're known to cause bugs over time. Android has it's built in way of managing ram and ram boosters/killers etc tend to interfere with that.

I'm pretty sure you cleared you're ram for that screen shot lol.
Android Addict likes this.
GameTheory is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 12th, 2013, 02:31 PM   #311 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jlede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bardwell,Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 893
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, LG Spirit, Nexus 7 1st Gen, LG connect
Carrier: T-Mobile USA (MetroPCS)

Thanks: 62
Thanked 81 Times in 68 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
All Spirits have the same amount of ram lol. The built in ram app gives a more accurate representation of the phone's ram.

Also I don't use ram killers/boosters/task managers since they're known to cause bugs over time. Android has it's built in way of managing ram and ram boosters/killers etc tend to interfere with that.

I'm pretty sure you cleared you're ram for that screen shot lol.
I did to a extent but this app is reliable and I use it every now and then
jlede is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #312 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): LG Spirit (Samurai v2)
Carrier: Metro ($45/month I hate throttleing

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I'll admit I have quite a few apps installed. (6 pages on the app drawer)

I'll start using the default browser I guess. I'll miss syncing my tabs from mobile to pc though.

More reasons to fork up the $600 for an s4 I guess. :/
marsrover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #313 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bnb25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,566
 
Device(s): LG Spirit 4g.. ROOTED!! :) ASUS TRANSFORMER... AUTOBOTS ROLL OUT!!!
Carrier: DA METRO PCS BAY BEE

Thanks: 93
Thanked 346 Times in 283 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsrover View Post
I'll admit I have quite a few apps installed. (6 pages on the app drawer)

I'll start using the default browser I guess. I'll miss syncing my tabs from mobile to pc though.

More reasons to fork up the $600 for an s4 I guess. :/
what does the s4 have to do with chrome sucking? Chrome is crap on any phone, and any pc.
bnb25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #314 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): LG Spirit (Samurai v2)
Carrier: Metro ($45/month I hate throttleing

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb25 View Post
what does the s4 have to do with chrome sucking? Chrome is crap on any phone, and any pc.
Nothing at all. Just more ram to run it. I enjoy firefox as well, but their tab sync was horrible and unreliable. (I recall their reddit AMA addressed that issue as "we know, and we'll fix it later")

/offtopicrant
marsrover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #315 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,727
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 411
Thanked 1,958 Times in 903 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsrover View Post
Just more ram to run it.
And that sweet 1.9ghz quad core.
GameTheory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #316 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): LG Spirit (Samurai v2)
Carrier: Metro ($45/month I hate throttleing

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Trying to get my spare free ram higher. Idles after a fresh boot at around 70-140mb free. :/

Anything to tweak that? I uninstalled my apps down to just 5 pages.
marsrover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #317 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jlede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bardwell,Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 893
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, LG Spirit, Nexus 7 1st Gen, LG connect
Carrier: T-Mobile USA (MetroPCS)

Thanks: 62
Thanked 81 Times in 68 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
And that sweet 1.9ghz quad core.
Nexus 5 has a 2.26Ghz quad snapdragon 800 which is way better than the s4 (which most of us tech heads know)
bnb25 likes this.
jlede is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #318 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): LG Spirit (Samurai v2)
Carrier: Metro ($45/month I hate throttleing

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlede View Post
Nexus 5 has a 2.26Ghz quad snapdragon 800 which is way better than the s4 (which most of us tech heads know)
And no external storage. *crosses nexus 5 off list
exile1975 and GameTheory like this.
marsrover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #319 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,727
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 411
Thanked 1,958 Times in 903 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlede View Post
Nexus 5 has a 2.26Ghz quad snapdragon 800 which is way better than the s4 (which most of us tech heads know)
Aside from the CPU/GPU, the N5 is a mid range phone unlike the S4 which is a high end phone through and through due to all the serious hardware it packs. N5 is only $350 off contract, so they had to skimp on the hardware to keep it at such a low price. I'll take an S4 over an N5 any day of the week lol.

(0.36ghz) of difference on a quad core isn't going to make a difference you can feel... That's a negligible difference.

Also, no one here was trying to start phone wars. He said the S4 has more ram than the Spirit and I said it also has a sweet quad core. So didn't see the point of you're comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlede View Post
(which most of us tech heads know)
Really? Give me a break lol.
dharp1996 likes this.
GameTheory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #320 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,727
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 411
Thanked 1,958 Times in 903 Posts
Default

Welp, this thread has gotten so off topic today that I'll hold off on posting version 3 update till tomorrow to let the dust settle lol.

In the meantime, I'll leave ya with a teaser of the final look since I changed it from the last time you saw it...

Also made a new set of icons for each of the themes.

@Orko, That orange theme looks sick lol.
Attached Images
File Type: png n.png (93.9 KB, 33 views)
GameTheory is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GameTheory For This Useful Post:
Android Addict (November 12th, 2013), marsrover (November 13th, 2013), oG Admire (November 12th, 2013), webyrd (November 13th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old November 12th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #321 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
OrKo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boynton Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,054
 
Device(s): LG G2 Stock 4.4.2 AT&T LG Spirit Rooted/CWM Samurai V3 Orange theme Metro PCS
Carrier: AT&T MetroPCS

Thanks: 143
Thanked 108 Times in 101 Posts
Default

That looks dope! And boo at making us wait another day
GameTheory and Android Addict like this.
OrKo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #322 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,727
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 411
Thanked 1,958 Times in 903 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrKo View Post
And boo at making us wait another day
Lol Yeah I guess I'm being a little lazy about it. I actually hate updating the OP here and UPP more than making the update.
GameTheory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 12:32 AM   #323 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bnb25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,566
 
Device(s): LG Spirit 4g.. ROOTED!! :) ASUS TRANSFORMER... AUTOBOTS ROLL OUT!!!
Carrier: DA METRO PCS BAY BEE

Thanks: 93
Thanked 346 Times in 283 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
Aside from the CPU/GPU, the N5 is a mid range phone unlike the S4 which is a high end phone through and through due to all the serious hardware it packs. N5 is only $350 off contract, so they had to skimp on the hardware to keep it at such a low price. I'll take an S4 over an N5 any day of the week lol.

(0.36ghz) of difference on a quad core isn't going to make a difference you can feel... That's a negligible difference.

Also, no one here was trying to start phone wars. He said the S4 has more ram than the Spirit and I said it also has a sweet quad core. So didn't see the point of you're comment.

Really? Give me a break lol.
yeah to bad the s4 is made of cheap plastic that breaks if you sneeze on it.

That's the one thing i miss about the lg esteem. it was build like a tank.
bnb25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 01:23 AM   #324 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,727
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 411
Thanked 1,958 Times in 903 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnb25 View Post
yeah to bad the s4 is made of cheap plastic that breaks if you sneeze on it.

That's the one thing i miss about the lg esteem. it was build like a tank.
Soft impact plastic isn't cheap, but I'm not interested in arguing about it. You've made your point many of times on how you hate samsungs and iphones so much so that I'll probably never forget . I had the esteem and hated that pos, it was like carrying a good for nothing brick in my pocket lol.
OrKo likes this.
GameTheory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 03:55 AM   #325 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bnb25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,566
 
Device(s): LG Spirit 4g.. ROOTED!! :) ASUS TRANSFORMER... AUTOBOTS ROLL OUT!!!
Carrier: DA METRO PCS BAY BEE

Thanks: 93
Thanked 346 Times in 283 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
brick in my pocket lol.

keeps you from floating away
jlede likes this.
bnb25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 08:35 AM   #326 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
OrKo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boynton Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,054
 
Device(s): LG G2 Stock 4.4.2 AT&T LG Spirit Rooted/CWM Samurai V3 Orange theme Metro PCS
Carrier: AT&T MetroPCS

Thanks: 143
Thanked 108 Times in 101 Posts
Default

I marked out for the connect, it was pretty clunky too but no where near as heavy as the esteem. Ok ok enough bashing, give us something new to play with! ...please lol
OrKo is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OrKo For This Useful Post:
marsrover (November 13th, 2013)
Old November 13th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #327 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jlede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bardwell,Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 893
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, LG Spirit, Nexus 7 1st Gen, LG connect
Carrier: T-Mobile USA (MetroPCS)

Thanks: 62
Thanked 81 Times in 68 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
Welp, this thread has gotten so off topic today that I'll hold off on posting version 3 update till tomorrow to let the dust settle lol.

In the meantime, I'll leave ya with a teaser of the final look since I changed it from the last time you saw it...

Also made a new set of icons for each of the themes.

@Orko, That orange theme looks sick lol.
But but but I want it :,(
jlede is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #328 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,727
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 411
Thanked 1,958 Times in 903 Posts
Default

ROM Updated!

All themes have been updated and a new orange theme has been added also.

Added new screen shots to OP to show changes...

Change Log:
  • Partly ported Jelly Bean notification area.
  • Kit Kat styled lock screen.
  • Removed AM/PM from lock screen & made date font smaller.
  • Changed home/lock screen wallpapers to Kit Kat wallpapers.
  • Adjusted "battery low" popup font to white.
  • Changed settings menu icons from white to gradient blue.
  • Added transparent clock/weather widget (highly customizable).
  • Boot animation blue color adjusted to darker blue

Extras:
  • Added to downloads section Kit_Kat_Xperience.zip containing kit kat 4.4 icons, wallpapers, and transparent home screen folders (just unzip package and everything is inside).
  • Added 50% transparent status bar to downloads section (flashable zip).
Enjoy!
OrKo, bnb25, sahi2myfriend and 2 others like this.
GameTheory is offline  
Last edited by GameTheory; November 13th, 2013 at 10:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GameTheory For This Useful Post:
Android Addict (November 13th, 2013), dharp1996 (November 13th, 2013), Keithman2567 (November 14th, 2013), midnclb (November 13th, 2013), OrKo (November 13th, 2013), sahi2myfriend (November 15th, 2013), skrapmetal (November 16th, 2013), viperdink (November 14th, 2013), zarzar (November 13th, 2013)
Old November 14th, 2013, 12:51 AM   #329 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
OrKo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boynton Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,054
 
Device(s): LG G2 Stock 4.4.2 AT&T LG Spirit Rooted/CWM Samurai V3 Orange theme Metro PCS
Carrier: AT&T MetroPCS

Thanks: 143
Thanked 108 Times in 101 Posts
Default

Totally effing awesome!! Just backed up everything gonna flash now. And once again my man thank you!
GameTheory likes this.
OrKo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 01:28 AM   #330 (permalink)
Member
 
oG Admire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 193
 
Device(s): Samsung Admire: (retired) LG Motion 4G:(retired) LG Spirit 4G:(Icy Spirit)(Tweaked) Nexus 7:(CM10.1)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 92
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default

I can't seem to get a good downlond on the 50% transparent status bar
__________________
Sent From My IceCream Sandwich
oG Admire is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 14th, 2013, 02:42 AM   #331 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
OrKo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boynton Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,054
 
Device(s): LG G2 Stock 4.4.2 AT&T LG Spirit Rooted/CWM Samurai V3 Orange theme Metro PCS
Carrier: AT&T MetroPCS

Thanks: 143
Thanked 108 Times in 101 Posts
Default

Is it giving you the hearts at the end of the title and where the ".z" in .zip is? That's the problem I was seeing in it. I just renamed it with the .zip and I was able to open it and see all the files. I didn't try to flash it, but that did the trick for me. I'll try flashing it tomorrow to make sure that it works. Meanwhile I just got through setting my phone back up and it's 3:40 I gotta get some sleep but I'll be back on in the morning. Nice job btw GT, loving it so far!
GameTheory likes this.
OrKo is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OrKo For This Useful Post:
oG Admire (November 14th, 2013)
Old November 14th, 2013, 05:29 AM   #332 (permalink)
Member
 
mario16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dallas,Tx.
Gender: Male
Posts: 414
 
Device(s): Lg optimus m(cm7.2),Lg esteem(number2 1.6.1),Droid razor
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 39
Thanked 43 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Gametheory I'm loving the new update look and I'm using the 50 % transparent status bar I was wondering could you make one that is a 100 percent thanks
GameTheory likes this.
mario16 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 08:20 AM   #333 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10
 
Device(s): LG Spirit (Samurai v2)
Carrier: Metro ($45/month I hate throttleing

Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I like the new update. Only have one bug report. When I pull down the task tray thing from the top. Everything under it shifts up as the top bar slides away. This includes icons making it a bit weird to see them move. I assume it's because of re-drawing the icons as they now have however many pixels to move up as the notification tray slides away.

I wonder if this would cause graphical errors in games? (more testing needed)
marsrover is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #334 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,727
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 411
Thanked 1,958 Times in 903 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsrover View Post
I like the new update. Only have one bug report. When I pull down the task tray thing from the top. Everything under it shifts up as the top bar slides away. This includes icons making it a bit weird to see them move. I assume it's because of re-drawing the icons as they now have however many pixels to move up as the notification tray slides away.

I wonder if this would cause graphical errors in games? (more testing needed)
There's no redraws... It's slimply sliding the top screen margin up or down shifting things as needed. No... It will not affect games or anything graphical. Nothing is changing in size, just moving up or down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario16 View Post
Gametheory I'm loving the new update look and I'm using the 50 % transparent status bar I was wondering could you make one that is a 100 percent thanks
I made 100% xparent a while ago. Check the download section under MODs.
GameTheory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #335 (permalink)
Member
 
mario16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dallas,Tx.
Gender: Male
Posts: 414
 
Device(s): Lg optimus m(cm7.2),Lg esteem(number2 1.6.1),Droid razor
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 39
Thanked 43 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Can't find it I'm using tap a talk should I use a browser
mario16 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #336 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,727
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 411
Thanked 1,958 Times in 903 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario16 View Post
Can't find it I'm using tap a talk should I use a browser
Tap a Talk never works right! Yes... use a browser.
GameTheory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 12:59 PM   #337 (permalink)
Member
 
mario16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dallas,Tx.
Gender: Male
Posts: 414
 
Device(s): Lg optimus m(cm7.2),Lg esteem(number2 1.6.1),Droid razor
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 39
Thanked 43 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Found it under status bar mod thanks
GameTheory likes this.
mario16 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 01:07 PM   #338 (permalink)
Member
 
mario16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dallas,Tx.
Gender: Male
Posts: 414
 
Device(s): Lg optimus m(cm7.2),Lg esteem(number2 1.6.1),Droid razor
Carrier: Metro PCS

Thanks: 39
Thanked 43 Times in 37 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
Tap a Talk never works right! Yes... use a browser.
Found the link but it will not let me download the file
mario16 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #339 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,727
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 411
Thanked 1,958 Times in 903 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario16 View Post
Found the link but it will not let me download the file
Link is working fine for me. I'm on a PC with good internet connection.
GameTheory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #340 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,727
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 411
Thanked 1,958 Times in 903 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
ROM Updated!

All themes have been updated and a new orange theme has been added also.

Added new screen shots to OP to show changes...

Change Log:
  • Partly ported Jelly Bean notification area.
  • Kit Kat styled lock screen.
  • Removed AM/PM from lock screen & made date font smaller.
  • Changed home/lock screen wallpapers to Kit Kat wallpapers.
  • Adjusted "battery low" popup font to white.
  • Changed settings menu icons from white to gradient blue.
  • Added transparent clock/weather widget (highly customizable).
  • Boot animation blue color adjusted to darker blue

Extras:
  • Added to downloads section Kit_Kat_Xperience.zip containing kit kat 4.4 icons, wallpapers, and transparent home screen folders (just unzip package and everything is inside).
  • Added 50% transparent status bar to downloads section (flashable zip).
Enjoy!
Just quoting this post for those that may have missed it.
odatkid, OrKo and Android Addict like this.
GameTheory is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GameTheory For This Useful Post:
odatkid (November 16th, 2013), OrKo (November 15th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old November 15th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #341 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
OrKo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boynton Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,054
 
Device(s): LG G2 Stock 4.4.2 AT&T LG Spirit Rooted/CWM Samurai V3 Orange theme Metro PCS
Carrier: AT&T MetroPCS

Thanks: 143
Thanked 108 Times in 101 Posts
Default

Liking the grand turismo Game Theory pro. pic homie!
GameTheory likes this.
OrKo is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OrKo For This Useful Post:
GameTheory (November 15th, 2013)
Old November 15th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #342 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bnb25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Michigan
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,566
 
Device(s): LG Spirit 4g.. ROOTED!! :) ASUS TRANSFORMER... AUTOBOTS ROLL OUT!!!
Carrier: DA METRO PCS BAY BEE

Thanks: 93
Thanked 346 Times in 283 Posts
Default

great update, GT. nice tweaks.
GameTheory likes this.
bnb25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #343 (permalink)
Member
 
odatkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Florida
Gender: Male
Posts: 150
 
Device(s): LG Spirit, Samurai Rom, Freedom Kernel
Carrier: MetroPCS

Thanks: 104
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
ROM Updated!

All themes have been updated and a new orange theme has been added also.

Added new screen shots to OP to show changes...

Change Log:
  • Partly ported Jelly Bean notification area.
  • Kit Kat styled lock screen.
  • Removed AM/PM from lock screen & made date font smaller.
  • Changed home/lock screen wallpapers to Kit Kat wallpapers.
  • Adjusted "battery low" popup font to white.
  • Changed settings menu icons from white to gradient blue.
  • Added transparent clock/weather widget (highly customizable).
  • Boot animation blue color adjusted to darker blue

Extras:
  • Added to downloads section Kit_Kat_Xperience.zip containing kit kat 4.4 icons, wallpapers, and transparent home screen folders (just unzip package and everything is inside).
  • Added 50% transparent status bar to downloads section (flashable zip).
Enjoy!
GT Thank you again...installed this and loving it. Is it okay to install Freedom Kernel 1.674ghz Overclock
on top of this? What do you think?

Thanks again for all your work and all the help you've given me.

Cheers....Tom
GameTheory likes this.
odatkid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #344 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,727
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 411
Thanked 1,958 Times in 903 Posts
Default

Thanks Tom!

Yes... You can install that kernel on any of the ROMs available for the Spirit. I will also be posting in a little while a non overclock battery saver kernel which will replace the one found here.

Edit:
The kernel that comes with Samurai is for battery saving while maintaining performance.
odatkid and viperdink like this.
GameTheory is offline  
Last edited by GameTheory; November 16th, 2013 at 02:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GameTheory For This Useful Post:
odatkid (November 16th, 2013)
Old November 21st, 2013, 11:58 AM   #345 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jlede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bardwell,Texas
Gender: Male
Posts: 893
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, LG Spirit, Nexus 7 1st Gen, LG connect
Carrier: T-Mobile USA (MetroPCS)

Thanks: 62
Thanked 81 Times in 68 Posts
Default

So this randomly happens to me wondering if it's the notifications or the status bar this is really scaring me and confusing me


jlede is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2013, 01:01 PM   #346 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,727
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 411
Thanked 1,958 Times in 903 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlede View Post
So this randomly happens to me wondering if it's the notifications or the status bar this is really scaring me and confusing me
LOl That's only happening to you. Like I said before, use another rom.

Edit:
I can still see the phone number you crossed out. Prank calls!
Android Addict likes this.
GameTheory is offline  
Last edited by GameTheory; November 21st, 2013 at 01:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2013, 01:20 PM   #347 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
OrKo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boynton Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,054
 
Device(s): LG G2 Stock 4.4.2 AT&T LG Spirit Rooted/CWM Samurai V3 Orange theme Metro PCS
Carrier: AT&T MetroPCS

Thanks: 143
Thanked 108 Times in 101 Posts
Default

How did you get your back/home/settings lights blue/red/green?
OrKo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2013, 01:26 PM   #348 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,727
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 411
Thanked 1,958 Times in 903 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrKo View Post
How did you get your back/home/settings lights blue/red/green?
Those are the on-screen soft keys which is a build.prop mod...
SoftKeyZ *Root*

For the record, I don't recommend it on this phone, but try it if you like. Anything to do with that mod, please post in that thread if you decide to try it.
Android Addict likes this.
GameTheory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2013, 02:36 PM   #349 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
OrKo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Boynton Beach, Fl
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,054
 
Device(s): LG G2 Stock 4.4.2 AT&T LG Spirit Rooted/CWM Samurai V3 Orange theme Metro PCS
Carrier: AT&T MetroPCS

Thanks: 143
Thanked 108 Times in 101 Posts
Default

Ah ok, for a minute there I thought it was the actual phone's home keys. So wait there's a mod that has additional home keys, why might I ask would you need that?
OrKo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2013, 02:45 PM   #350 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
GameTheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: ???
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,727
 
Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanks: 411
Thanked 1,958 Times in 903 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrKo View Post
Ah ok, for a minute there I thought it was the actual phone's home keys. So wait there's a mod that has additional home keys, why might I ask would you need that?
It's like the nexus devices which have the keys on the actual touch screen. It looks silly on the spirit or any phone that has capacitive keys because you end up with 2 rows of keys and you loose the bottom portion of your screen. The mod looks better on a S3 or S4 since they have bigger screens and hardware home keys to offset the look.
GameTheory is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > LG Spirit 4G > Spirit 4G (Metro PCS) - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:14 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.