Go Back   Android Forums > Android Forums Community > The Lounge > Sports

Like Tree146Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 11th, 2012, 09:07 AM   #951 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,438
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,428
Thanked 1,635 Times in 1,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by as439726 View Post
Well the Blue Crew better start working
I just don't see it happening. They don't have a lot of chips to move, and I doubt management is going to start shipping out their best prospects.

Advertisements
__________________
I talk to corporate like a BAWSS!

DEVICE ► Nexus 5 / Nexus 7
ROM ► Dirty Unicorns
KERNEL ► Stock / ElementalX
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 12th, 2012, 01:54 AM   #952 (permalink)
Member
 
as439726's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 439
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 43 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
I just don't see it happening. They don't have a lot of chips to move, and I doubt management is going to start shipping out their best prospects.

Looks like they are almost done on a Cubs deal. Hope it helps
as439726 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #953 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,438
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,428
Thanked 1,635 Times in 1,072 Posts
Default

Do you mean Yasiel Puig? He's just a Cuban defector lol. He's not on any MLB squad roster. From what I heard last on ESPN Radio, the Dodgers were trying him out.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2012, 01:07 PM   #954 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 32
 
Device(s): Retired HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Rezound, Current HTC Droid Incredible 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

the yankees... not a bandwagon fan though like a lot of people... i liked them since don mattingly was on the team
KnicksALLday is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012, 01:22 PM   #955 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
CooperLA1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 54
 
Device(s): Razr Maxx
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

So I just wanna bring up how incredible the 2011 world series was... Yes, I'm a Cards fan. Not a bandwagon fan either. My dad taught me to like them from a young age. But seriously, any baseball fan can appreciate the Cards' late season run to even make the playoffs. and then make it to the WS and come back from being down to their last strike TWICE in game 6. absolutely INSANE!!!
CooperLA1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2012, 01:47 PM   #956 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,474
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,745
Thanked 6,454 Times in 3,930 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CooperLA1 View Post
So I just wanna bring up how incredible the 2011 world series was... Yes, I'm a Cards fan. Not a bandwagon fan either. My dad taught me to like them from a young age. But seriously, any baseball fan can appreciate the Cards' late season run to even make the playoffs. and then make it to the WS and come back from being down to their last strike TWICE in game 6. absolutely INSANE!!!
BOOOOOOOO!!!! (reds fan here, )

That was pretty ****ing amazing. I was watching (and yes, rooting against them) and just could NOT believe how close they came to losing.







I gotta say, Reds with best record in Majors 20 games after Votto went down is downright amazing to me.

The real test is this weekend for my redlegs. We haven't done well against pirates this year, we really need to assert ourselves this weekend.


@Hitman - thoughts on Broxton? I really don't know much about him coming from Royals (royals right?)
CooperLA1 likes this.
NightAngel79 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 12:57 PM   #957 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,474
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,745
Thanked 6,454 Times in 3,930 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Yall hear about Curt Schilling and his drama?
End Game: Inside the Destruction of Curt Schilling's 38 Studios
NightAngel79 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 03:02 PM   #958 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,438
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,428
Thanked 1,635 Times in 1,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
BOOOOOOOO!!!! (reds fan here, )

That was pretty ****ing amazing. I was watching (and yes, rooting against them) and just could NOT believe how close they came to losing.


I gotta say, Reds with best record in Majors 20 games after Votto went down is downright amazing to me.

The real test is this weekend for my redlegs. We haven't done well against pirates this year, we really need to assert ourselves this weekend.


@Hitman - thoughts on Broxton? I really don't know much about him coming from Royals (royals right?)
I'm still surprised the Pirates and McCutcheon are playing so well. I would have never thought he had MVP play in him. Gold glove, definitely, but not MVP. In any event, Reds are playing some good ball right now, and like I said.. Latos will settle down and when he does that's when your team will flourish - look what happened

Broxton is legit. He's a closer primarily, but the Reds don't want to switch Chapman out since he's been lights out (which makes sense). He was with the Dodgers for YEARS then got traded to the Royals last season. He's been lights out too. I had him in fantasy until he was traded to the Reds. He pretty much lost all fantasy value at that point.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NYCHitman1 For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (August 4th, 2012)
Old August 4th, 2012, 03:14 PM   #959 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,438
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,428
Thanked 1,635 Times in 1,072 Posts
Default

And go figure.. we get rid of Burnett and he goes and pitches for the Cy Young. Bastid!
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #960 (permalink)
Member
 
as439726's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 439
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 43 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
BOOOOOOOO!!!! (reds fan here, )

That was pretty ****ing amazing. I was watching (and yes, rooting against them) and just could NOT believe how close they came to losing.







I gotta say, Reds with best record in Majors 20 games after Votto went down is downright amazing to me.

The real test is this weekend for my redlegs. We haven't done well against pirates this year, we really need to assert ourselves this weekend.


@Hitman - thoughts on Broxton? I really don't know much about him coming from Royals (royals right?)
Not the same after the Steroid thing
as439726 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 6th, 2012, 10:27 AM   #961 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,438
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,428
Thanked 1,635 Times in 1,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by as439726 View Post
Not the same after the Steroid thing
What steroid thing? He was never accused of taking any kind of PED's. Surely, he played poorly his last season in Dodger blue, but he's more than made up for it with the Royals and now Reds.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NYCHitman1 For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (August 7th, 2012)
Old August 9th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #962 (permalink)
Member
 
as439726's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 439
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 43 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
What steroid thing? He was never accused of taking any kind of PED's. Surely, he played poorly his last season in Dodger blue, but he's more than made up for it with the Royals and now Reds.

Maybe I mixed him up in my head with another closer. Lol. Senility is awesome
as439726 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2012, 10:28 AM   #963 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,438
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,428
Thanked 1,635 Times in 1,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by as439726 View Post
Maybe I mixed him up in my head with another closer. Lol. Senility is awesome
You're thinking of Eric Gagne. I can see why though - the both of them look alike.

In other terrible news, CC to the 15-DL w/ elbow soreness. Not a good sign. Could we get hit with the injury bug any more!?
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:40 AM   #964 (permalink)
Member
 
as439726's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 439
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 43 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
You're thinking of Eric Gagne. I can see why though - the both of them look alike.

In other terrible news, CC to the 15-DL w/ elbow soreness. Not a good sign. Could we get hit with the injury bug any more!?

You're right man ! Damn, and I call myself a Dodgers fan. Ooooohhhhh the shame
as439726 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #965 (permalink)
Member
 
as439726's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 439
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 11
Thanked 43 Times in 41 Posts
Default

In a side note, we should have an all juiced league. Only doubles or better count. Roger Clemens could make a comeback, wait ..... He's clean. Lol YEAH RIGHT
And Tony Mandarich was just taking vitamins he got from Brian Bosworth
as439726 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 12:56 PM   #966 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RazorSharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,345
Thanked 1,959 Times in 807 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
In other terrible news, CC to the 15-DL w/ elbow soreness. Not a good sign.
Yeah, hopefully it's nothing big. He insisted he wants to only stay the minimum time on the DL and wants to pitch right away after coming back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
Could we get hit with the injury bug any more!?
Actually yes - we could be Toronto.
__________________
These teeth are razor sharp...
RazorSharp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #967 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,438
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,428
Thanked 1,635 Times in 1,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorSharp View Post
Yeah, hopefully it's nothing big. He insisted he wants to only stay the minimum time on the DL and wants to pitch right away after coming back.

Actually yes - we could be Toronto.
I mean.. for all the key injuries we have had this season - we have found ways to play extremely well. In any event, Toronto is terrible as it is. They need a new manager, and to invest in better pitching. That bullpen is terrible.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 09:03 AM   #968 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RazorSharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,345
Thanked 1,959 Times in 807 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
I mean.. for all the key injuries we have had this season - we have found ways to play extremely well. In any event, Toronto is terrible as it is. They need a new manager, and to invest in better pitching. That bullpen is terrible.
Eh, I mean, the only season-ending injuries we've had are Gardner and Pineda. All our other injuries we've had have been relatively minor: Tex's bronchitis, Swisher's groin pull, CC's elbow. I'd rank A-Rod's hand and Andy's ankle above those, obviously, but we'll see both of them again before the end of the season. Grandy, Jeter, Cano, Martin, lots of other key guys have totally avoided the DL. Grandy and Cano in particular are very impressive for their durability, I don't think I can name a single time either of those guys have hit the DL.

Blue Jays, on the other hand, are on pace to break the record of most time having pitchers on the DL. Their rotation is hurting without Morrow and all the other guys, and I'm sure their bullpen would be much better if Santos was there closing out games.
RazorSharp is offline  
Last edited by RazorSharp; August 14th, 2012 at 09:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #969 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,438
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,428
Thanked 1,635 Times in 1,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorSharp View Post
Eh, I mean, the only season-ending injuries we've had are Gardner and Pineda. All our other injuries we've had have been relatively minor: Tex's bronchitis, Swisher's groin pull, CC's elbow. I'd rank A-Rod's hand and Andy's ankle above those, obviously, but we'll see both of them again before the end of the season. Grandy, Jeter, Cano, Martin, lots of other key guys have totally avoided the DL. Grandy and Cano in particular are very impressive for their durability, I don't think I can name a single time either of those guys have hit the DL.

Blue Jays, on the other hand, are on pace to break the record of most time having pitchers on the DL. Their rotation is hurting without Morrow and all the other guys, and I'm sure their bullpen would be much better if Santos was there closing out games.
That is accurate. Neither have ever hit the DL. Don't forget about Mariano's injury. We got lucky that we just so happened to have Soriano in the pen. If things went the way Cashman wanted, we would never have had Soriano on our roster at all. I'll just call it a blessing in disguise lol.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2012, 10:30 AM   #970 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RazorSharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,345
Thanked 1,959 Times in 807 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
That is accurate. Neither have ever hit the DL. Don't forget about Mariano's injury. We got lucky that we just so happened to have Soriano in the pen.
Ah, quite true. And Joba had his ankle injury (on top of the TJ recovery), and Robertson was gone for a while as well. Okay, I guess we've had a significant number of people go down.

EDIT: I just want to add that I think it really speaks to Girardi's managerial prowess that he so deftly manages a lineup with several aging players and gives guys like Jeter and A-Rod and Chavez enough rest that they don't injure themselves. Props to him.
RazorSharp is offline  
Last edited by RazorSharp; August 14th, 2012 at 11:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RazorSharp For This Useful Post:
NYCHitman1 (August 15th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old August 14th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #971 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
SlayersRage's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SC
Posts: 94
 
Device(s): Droid Bionic
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 28
Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Philadelphia Phillies
SlayersRage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2012, 07:49 AM   #972 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,438
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,428
Thanked 1,635 Times in 1,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorSharp View Post
Ah, quite true. And Joba had his ankle injury (on top of the TJ recovery), and Robertson was gone for a while as well. Okay, I guess we've had a significant number of people go down.

EDIT: I just want to add that I think it really speaks to Girardi's managerial prowess that he so deftly manages a lineup with several aging players and gives guys like Jeter and A-Rod and Chavez enough rest that they don't injure themselves. Props to him.
I still think The Binder relies too much on statistics, and over-manages the squad, but that's just my opinion.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2012, 01:51 PM   #973 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RazorSharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,345
Thanked 1,959 Times in 807 Posts
Default

Breaking news!

Melky Cabrera Suspended For Positive PED Test: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com
RazorSharp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2012, 02:08 PM   #974 (permalink)
~Play Nice~
 
Unforgiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Douglas, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,797
 
Device(s): Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Note II, S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15,464
Thanked 16,789 Times in 9,223 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorSharp View Post
Ouch
__________________

Join the fun and make some friends, register for free here.
If someone helped, hit Thanks, if you see rude or abusive posts, spam, or threads that need staff attention, hit Report.
Site Rules / Android Forums FAQ
*** Do you want to talk guns? ***

Unforgiven is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #975 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,438
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,428
Thanked 1,635 Times in 1,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorSharp View Post
I speculated this with some friends last year when he had his breakout season w/ the Royals. Just seemed odd to me that he never had a season that he hit over .280 in 5 seasons with the Yanks to suddenly this explosive .300+ hitter. I never questioned his defense, but his bat was never a strong suit.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2012, 07:12 PM   #976 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bamaredwingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Cullman, AL
Posts: 528
 
Device(s): Moto Droid, LG Ally, HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 69
Thanked 27 Times in 23 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to bamaredwingsfan Send a message via AIM to bamaredwingsfan Send a message via MSN to bamaredwingsfan Send a message via Yahoo to bamaredwingsfan Send a message via Skype™ to bamaredwingsfan bamaredwingsfan
Default

Motown Tigers
__________________
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
General George Patton
bamaredwingsfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2012, 08:43 AM   #977 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,438
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,428
Thanked 1,635 Times in 1,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaredwingsfan View Post
Motown Tigers
They are playing some great ball behind the bats of Cabrera and Fielder lately. Hell, even Dirks has been coming through in the clutch. Verlander has been great, as usual. The rest of the rotation needs to step it up (outside of Fister).
bamaredwingsfan likes this.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 12:57 PM   #978 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RazorSharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,345
Thanked 1,959 Times in 807 Posts
Default

And another one bites the dust:

RHP Bartolo Colon of Oakland Athletics suspended 50 games for violating MLB's drug policy - ESPN
RazorSharp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 09:21 AM   #979 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,474
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,745
Thanked 6,454 Times in 3,930 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Hoping my Reds finally are getting that phillies monkey off their back
NightAngel79 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2012, 11:36 PM   #980 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,438
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,428
Thanked 1,635 Times in 1,072 Posts
Default

What is this behemoth trade!?

Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford, Josh Beckett nearing Boston Red Sox exit, sources say - ESPN Boston

I can understand the fire sale, but good grief the Dodgers are putting all stacks on deck for some playoffs lovin.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 25th, 2012, 05:03 AM   #981 (permalink)
~Play Nice~
 
Unforgiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Douglas, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,797
 
Device(s): Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Note II, S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15,464
Thanked 16,789 Times in 9,223 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
What is this behemoth trade!?

Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford, Josh Beckett nearing Boston Red Sox exit, sources say - ESPN Boston

I can understand the fire sale, but good grief the Dodgers are putting all stacks on deck for some playoffs lovin.
That is a coup if Boston can close the deal with the suckers Dodgers. Three of our four roster wrecking contracts, though Gonzalez at least produced. The team can then at least live with one (potentially) bad contract in Lackey.
Unforgiven is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2012, 12:49 PM   #982 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,474
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,745
Thanked 6,454 Times in 3,930 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

^as to the above... I though Beckett was a dominant ace... what happened to him?
NightAngel79 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2012, 01:03 PM   #983 (permalink)
~Play Nice~
 
Unforgiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Douglas, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,797
 
Device(s): Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Note II, S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15,464
Thanked 16,789 Times in 9,223 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
^as to the above... I though Beckett was a dominant ace... what happened to him?
He got fat and whiney.
Unforgiven is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2012, 02:05 PM   #984 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,474
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,745
Thanked 6,454 Times in 3,930 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

^lol

That bad huh?
NightAngel79 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2012, 02:24 PM   #985 (permalink)
~Play Nice~
 
Unforgiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Douglas, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,797
 
Device(s): Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Note II, S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15,464
Thanked 16,789 Times in 9,223 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
^lol

That bad huh?
Remember when I posted in here that the team wasn't likeable, well...

Actually I think this will be a win win for the Dodgers and the Red Sox as Boston gets some major roster flexibility and Agon will be great anywhere, Beckett will go from one of the best hitting divisions to the worst, and unlike Fenway, Chavez Revine will play to Crawford's strengths.
Unforgiven is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2012, 09:05 AM   #986 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,438
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,428
Thanked 1,635 Times in 1,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
He got fat and whiney.
Don't forget about the drinking beer and eating fried chicken in the clubhouse before/after games lol.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2012, 09:06 AM   #987 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,438
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,428
Thanked 1,635 Times in 1,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
Remember when I posted in here that the team wasn't likeable, well...

Actually I think this will be a win win for the Dodgers and the Red Sox as Boston gets some major roster flexibility and Agon will be great anywhere, Beckett will go from one of the best hitting divisions to the worst, and unlike Fenway, Chavez Revine will play to Crawford's strengths.
Unfortunately for the Dodgers and Crawford, they won't be seeing him until this time next season.

Either way, that lineup is STACKED.

Victorino, Punto, Kemp, A Gonz, HanRam, Ethier, Cruz, Treanor, then P. That's beast.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Last edited by NYCHitman1; August 27th, 2012 at 09:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2012, 12:15 PM   #988 (permalink)
~Play Nice~
 
Unforgiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Douglas, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,797
 
Device(s): Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Note II, S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15,464
Thanked 16,789 Times in 9,223 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
Unfortunately for the Dodgers and Crawford, they won't be seeing him until this time next season.

Either way, that lineup is STACKED.

Victorino, Punto, Kemp, A Gonz, HanRam, Ethier, Cruz, Treanor, then P. That's beast.
I'm still kind of speechless it happened. As a baseball (not Red Sox) fan trades like this are unfathomable, let alone gong through the waiver process. This has to be one of the most significant in season alterations to two teams directions in the history of baseball.
Unforgiven is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2012, 12:55 PM   #989 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,438
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,428
Thanked 1,635 Times in 1,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
I'm still kind of speechless it happened. As a baseball (not Red Sox) fan trades like this are unfathomable, let alone gong through the waiver process. This has to be one of the most significant in season alterations to two teams directions in the history of baseball.
I think this is THE most significant, honestly.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #990 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RazorSharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,345
Thanked 1,959 Times in 807 Posts
Default

It definitely is. It's the largest salary dump in the history of professional sports, and the only time in history a trade has been completed involving two players with $100MM+ left on their contracts.
RazorSharp is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 24th, 2012, 12:01 PM   #991 (permalink)
The Real Bass Creator
 
Digital Controller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,497
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 4.4.2(Eclipse) , Nexus 7 (Stock), (RIP) Galaxy Nexus 4.4(SlimKat)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 748
Thanked 3,420 Times in 2,163 Posts
Default

Cincinnati Reds.

After watching the pirates lose and lose and lose, i couldnt be happier with how they have played this year
NightAngel79 likes this.
Digital Controller is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Digital Controller For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (September 30th, 2012)
Old September 30th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #992 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,474
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,745
Thanked 6,454 Times in 3,930 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Controller View Post
Cincinnati Reds.

After watching the pirates lose and lose and lose, i couldnt be happier with how they have played this year
here's to reds going all the way!!!
Digital Controller likes this.
NightAngel79 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #993 (permalink)
The Real Bass Creator
 
Digital Controller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Gender: Male
Posts: 12,497
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 4.4.2(Eclipse) , Nexus 7 (Stock), (RIP) Galaxy Nexus 4.4(SlimKat)
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 748
Thanked 3,420 Times in 2,163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
here's to reds going all the way!!!
I'm totally all about that NightAngel
NightAngel79 likes this.
Digital Controller is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Digital Controller For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (September 30th, 2012)
Old September 30th, 2012, 09:05 PM   #994 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,474
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,745
Thanked 6,454 Times in 3,930 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Controller View Post
I'm totally all about that NightAngel
Sucks cueto couldn't get #20 tonight

I'll take that 1 seed though
NightAngel79 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2012, 09:59 AM   #995 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,438
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,428
Thanked 1,635 Times in 1,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
Sucks cueto couldn't get #20 tonight

I'll take that 1 seed though
Won't do you much good for a first round exit
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2012, 08:46 PM   #996 (permalink)
~Play Nice~
 
Unforgiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Douglas, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,797
 
Device(s): Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Note II, S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 15,464
Thanked 16,789 Times in 9,223 Posts
Default

Sorry Hitman, but Orioles won tonight. Sox win tonight (currently 2-1 sox) and it make for a great day of baseball for tomorrow.
Unforgiven is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 07:50 AM   #997 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,438
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,428
Thanked 1,635 Times in 1,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
Sorry Hitman, but Orioles won tonight. Sox win tonight (currently 2-1 sox) and it make for a great day of baseball for tomorrow.
Bah bah bah! Damned Orioles. They need to lay down and die like they have for the past 15+ years.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 08:23 AM   #998 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RazorSharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,345
Thanked 1,959 Times in 807 Posts
Default

Except the Sox didn't win. All that stands between the Yankees and the AL East crown is Daisuke Matsuzaka and his extremely intimidating 7.68 ERA.
RazorSharp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 09:37 AM   #999 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,438
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,428
Thanked 1,635 Times in 1,072 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorSharp View Post
Except the Sox didn't win. All that stands between the Yankees and the AL East crown is Daisuke Matsuzaka and his extremely intimidating 7.68 ERA.
Good thing we've never had an issue pummeling him in the past.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2012, 09:43 PM   #1000 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RazorSharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,345
Thanked 1,959 Times in 807 Posts
Default

Congrats to the Yankees, AL East champions!
NYCHitman1 likes this.
RazorSharp is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RazorSharp For This Useful Post:
NYCHitman1 (October 5th, 2012)
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Forums Community > The Lounge > Sports
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.