Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge > Sports

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree133Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 9th, 2013, 07:57 PM   #1151 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
A.Nonymous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,061
 
Device(s): Motorola Razr M, Galaxy Tab 10.1 I/O edition
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 66
Thanked 970 Times in 704 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkkw View Post
So what does everyone think about the HOF election results? I personally don't like the fact that no one got in. I really felt that at least Biggio should have gotten in. We all can agree that he didn't juice and he 3,000 hits. That's such a slap in the face imo because the only people without 3,000 hits that aren't in the hof are Rose(banned for betting) and Palmeiro(juiced).
Biggio should've got in. Piazza as well.

A.Nonymous is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:17 AM   #1152 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RazorSharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,345
Thanked 1,959 Times in 807 Posts
Default

*pokes thread*

Hey, thread - wake up! Pitchers and catchers report soon. Spring Training is almost here!
NYCHitman1 likes this.
__________________
These teeth are razor sharp...
RazorSharp is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RazorSharp For This Useful Post:
NYCHitman1 (January 17th, 2013)
Old January 17th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #1153 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorSharp View Post
*pokes thread*

Hey, thread - wake up! Pitchers and catchers report soon. Spring Training is almost here!
So excited.. and I just can't hide it!

On a side note, the US WBC prelim squads were announced!

https://twitter.com/WBCBaseball/status/291924367137460224/photo/1
__________________
I talk to corporate like a BAWSS!

DEVICE ► Nexus 5 / Nexus 7
ROM ► Dirty Unicorns
KERNEL ► Franco / Glitch
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Last edited by NYCHitman1; January 17th, 2013 at 10:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #1154 (permalink)
Moderator
 
jhawkkw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 9,370
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Logitech Revue, Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 2,726
Thanked 5,837 Times in 3,296 Posts
jhawkkw
Default Re: What's your favorite MLB team?

Yankees no long have the highest payroll. That honor belongs to the Dodgers now. Still wont stop the bashing though.
__________________
Site Rules/Guidelines / Meet the Team
If something needs attention, Report it .
If someone helped you, hit to show it.

Current Devices: Nexus 5, HP 14 Chromebook (Data Enabled), Google Glass, (2013) LTE Nexus 7, Logitech Revue, Chromecast
Retired: Samsung Fascinate, Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus, (2012) WiFi Nexus 7, Asus TF700, Nexus 4
jhawkkw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #1155 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkkw View Post
Yankees no long have the highest payroll. That honor belongs to the Dodgers now. Still wont stop the bashing though.
I expect some dark times to come for my beloved Yanks. This budget slash to under $189M has made the Blue Jays go on a spending spree since they see that they can make a run for a title during this time.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #1156 (permalink)
Moderator
 
jhawkkw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 9,370
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Logitech Revue, Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 2,726
Thanked 5,837 Times in 3,296 Posts
jhawkkw
Default Re: What's your favorite MLB team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
I expect some dark times to come for my beloved Yanks. This budget slash to under $189M has made the Blue Jays go on a spending spree since they see that they can make a run for a title during this time.
Yeah, Hank is more of a business man than an owner who's first and only goal is winning by any cost. It's going to be a rough decade with Rivera, Jeter, Arod all getting old and/or retiring soon, a weak farm system, and the lowest payroll in a long time.
jhawkkw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 12:01 PM   #1157 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkkw View Post
Yeah, Hank is more of a business man than an owner who's first and only goal is winning by any cost. It's going to be a rough decade with Rivera, Jeter, Arod all getting old and/or retiring soon, a weak farm system, and the lowest payroll in a long time.
I don't think our farm system is weak, but I do think it could use a bit of work. We used to have one of the best farm systems in the majors, but somewhere along the line Cashman & Co. lost sight of what is important. Player development. Either way, I think we'll have some solid guys who will be ready to pounce when they reach the majors.

Check out (C) Gary Sanchez, (3B) Dante Bichette Jr, (OF's) Slade Heathcott, and Tyler Austin.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #1158 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RazorSharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,345
Thanked 1,959 Times in 807 Posts
Default

Yanks' farm system gets graded around the middle of the pack. We're not the best, but we're sure not the worst either. Award for worst farm system has gone to the White Sox for the past few years, who have made a habit of trading all their promising prospects for ML veterans. Not saying it's a bad way to run a team, as they usually come close to making the playoffs each year, but different than most others. Best farm system is definitely the Cardinals, with Texas probably in second.
RazorSharp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #1159 (permalink)
I ain't nobody!
 
saptech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Third Stone from the Sun
Posts: 3,544
 
Device(s): Motorola Moto G, Samsung Stratosphere, Galaxy Tab 2 SE.
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 572
Thanked 768 Times in 612 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkkw View Post
So what does everyone think about the HOF election results? I personally don't like the fact that no one got in. I really felt that at least Biggio should have gotten in. We all can agree that he didn't juice and he 3,000 hits. That's such a slap in the face imo because the only people without 3,000 hits that aren't in the hof are Rose(banned for betting) and Palmeiro(juiced).
This the first time I've heard nobody making it into the HOF. I know they say it happen before but I can't remember. Looks like they should have picked at least one person and Biggio would have been a good choice.
__________________
Like it is...Yusef Lateef
saptech is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 06:14 AM   #1160 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorSharp View Post
Yanks' farm system gets graded around the middle of the pack. We're not the best, but we're sure not the worst either. Award for worst farm system has gone to the White Sox for the past few years, who have made a habit of trading all their promising prospects for ML veterans. Not saying it's a bad way to run a team, as they usually come close to making the playoffs each year, but different than most others. Best farm system is definitely the Cardinals, with Texas probably in second.
Definitely. I actually like the Rays and Blue Jays farm system too. They have a buttload of promising pieces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saptech View Post
This the first time I've heard nobody making it into the HOF. I know they say it happen before but I can't remember. Looks like they should have picked at least one person and Biggio would have been a good choice.
Yeah, I agree. He got the short end of the stick due to the other folk on the ballot who have been tied to the dreadful steroid scandal.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Last edited by NYCHitman1; January 18th, 2013 at 06:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:13 PM   #1161 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RazorSharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,345
Thanked 1,959 Times in 807 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
Definitely. I actually like the Rays and Blue Jays farm system too. They have a buttload of promising pieces.
Jays did, before they traded most of it to the Marlins and the Mets. Still a few intriguing names, but they dropped into the bottom half of rankings, I'm sure.
RazorSharp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 03:45 PM   #1162 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorSharp View Post
Jays did, before they traded most of it to the Marlins and the Mets. Still a few intriguing names, but they dropped into the bottom half of rankings, I'm sure.
Touche.

I stumbled across this gem yesterday and got a chuckle out of it.

http://nomaas.org/2013/01/celebrate-diversity-on-mlk-day-2/
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 03:48 PM   #1163 (permalink)
Member
 
leeanne172's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 150
 
Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Telus

Thanks: 38
Thanked 31 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Montreal Expos but seems how I live in Toronto, I guess I like the Jays as well
leeanne172 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #1164 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Blockbuster trade just went down for Justin Upton

The Atlanta Braves have acquired Justin Upton from the Arizona Diamondbacks - ESPN
libradawg likes this.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 04:06 AM   #1165 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Gender: Male
Posts: 8
 
Device(s): LG Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
I haven't stopped celebrating this since the moment I read it. Before I go any further, I am going to say the following with 100% honesty:

-Before 2011 I predicted he'd have an insane, Josh Hamilton-esque breakout year. Top 5 MVP, SS award

-In November, I posted on a friend's facebook page that we would definitely trade for Justin Upton.............in exchange for Prado and Delgado

Now before I brag too much I'll admit it's not exactly a stretch to project a monster breakout season from a 23-year-old who already posted a .900 OPS at 21. Fine, I'll also point out 2011 was nearly identical to his 2009 output, minus the MVP voting and SS award, but we'll get to that part later.

I'm only bragging about the trade prediction because of the feedback I got after posting it. You may or may not remember that we tried and failed to get an impact OF bat for Prado this time last season. The Rockies offered Seth Smith for him straight-up, but negotiations fell apart because they refused to give us Fowler. The BIG laugher was Baltimore's offer. They were willing to take Prado in exchange for Adam Jones as long as we offered a decent throw-in along with Prado. That throw-in was Tommy Hanson. We countered with Jurrjens and they still insisted on Hanson. He was awful last year but don't forget that his first 3 years in the Majors his splits were 3.28/1.18 with 8.5 K/9 and he was only 23. All for Adam freaking Jones? Whoever coined the term "overrated" did so thinking that one day a player like Jones would come along.

So yeah, I got laughed at pretty hard when I suggested Prado would be the X-factor in a trade for a LEGITIMATE budding superstar. Some people skipped the laughing and went straight for the petty insults. Delgado is where I admit slight low-balling, but it's not like we were selling them BS. He has secondary pitches and would be an ace if he developed one into a plus breaking pitch. In 1˝ seasons worth of MLB starts, all indicators are that the breaking stuff will stay mediocre. IMHO he's a ceiling 3rd starter, albeit with no floor. The only surprise to me was that they didn't pry away a Middle Reliever; I would've gave them Venters before missing out on Upton, lol.

Either way, WE DID IT!! Justin Upton, two seasons at .900 by age 23 to go with blazing speed. A purebread Right Fielder, just like Jason Heyward, who's also 23. The third guy in that outfield is Justin's freaking brother! People think we took a hit in CF by using him to replace such a great 2012 from Michael Bourn, but the OPS difference was only 13 points.......in UPTON'S favor! If Bourn was such a great leadoff hitter, why was his OBP identical to Dan Uggla, who had the most nightmarish offensive year in his life?

LOL as you can tell I'm thrilled. J. Upton, Heyward, Freeman and Simmons are ALL 23 years old. Uggla and McCann had nightmare seasons that were obvious flukes. Our rotation has Medlen (26, 1.57/.91), Beachy (25, 2.00/.96) and Minor (24, 4.12/1.15). Our worst returning starters are Hudson and Maholm, who combined for 3.57/1.20. The best part about all that is it's not even our strength. Our bullpen: Kimbrel, Venters, O'Flaherty, Walden, Martinez and Gearrin. That's freaking Black Swan insane!

I don't know, I may be overreacting. I warned on the Introductions page that I would me making a lot of sports-related posts, but that all depends on how many of you follow sports. The rant's over, I promise. But honestly, what do you think a Braves fan should be thinking right now?
NYCHitman1 likes this.
libradawg is offline  
Last edited by libradawg; January 27th, 2013 at 06:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to libradawg For This Useful Post:
NYCHitman1 (January 27th, 2013)
Old January 27th, 2013, 08:29 AM   #1166 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by libradawg View Post
But honestly, what do you think a Braves fan should be thinking right now?
Be happy. Very very happy. This is possibly the biggest (and best) move in the off-season so far.

On another note, I can seriously appreciate someone who likes to delve into the statistics of baseball like I do. Kudos, my friend.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #1167 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Gender: Male
Posts: 8
 
Device(s): LG Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
Be happy. Very very happy. This is possibly the biggest (and best) move in the off-season so far.

On another note, I can seriously appreciate someone who likes to delve into the statistics of baseball like I do. Kudos, my friend.
Thanks, and oh yeah, I either put something about that in my intro or profile. I love this, right here.

The thing about Upton is that people heard about the trade, referred to the br page and saw HR and SB in the high teens with an .800 OPS and then shouted "big deal"! Do they not look at age? Do they not know what age and/or professional year when guys usually bust out? All I know is Trout is the exception, while Kemp and Hamilton are the rules. Upton has Kemp tools and Hamilton non-screwed-up-portion-of-career-....ness.

I just now saw the prospect discussion so I will at least throw in what I see with the Yankees: They seem to do something a lot of teams do, including my Braves, and that's overrate their pitching prospects. Hughes and Joba were red flags for when Nova, Banuelos and Betances stormed into top 50 lists. I'm just amazed they ever have any A-prospects at all, ever. A- They win a lot of games, B- They sign a lot of A and B free agents, C- They make a lot of trades for that last piece. I think Mason Williams is going to be a very good player, but no superstars emerging just yet. I saw Keith Law compare him to Austin Jackson and John Sickels compare him to Holliday. I don't know what to think about Sanchez, what with Posey, Montero and Santana all coming through so recently.

FWIW, Anaheim is by far the biggest culprit for this. It's almost as if they duped us for over a decade just so they could put all the untapped talent into one freaking guy.
NYCHitman1 likes this.
libradawg is offline  
Last edited by libradawg; January 27th, 2013 at 10:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #1168 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by libradawg View Post
Thanks, and oh yeah, I either put something about that in my intro or profile. I love this, right here.

The thing about Upton is that people heard about the trade, referred to the br page and saw HR and SB in the high teens with an .800 OPS and then shouted "big deal"! Do they not look at age? Do they not know what age and/or professional year when guys usually bust out? All I know is Trout is the exception, while Kemp and Hamilton are the rules. Upton has Kemp tools and Hamilton non-screwed-up-portion-of-career-....ness.

I just now saw the prospect discussion so I will at least throw in what I see with the Yankees: They seem to do something a lot of teams do, including my Braves, and that's overrate their pitching prospects. Hughes and Joba were red flags for when Nova, Banuelos and Betances stormed into top 50 lists. I'm just amazed they ever have any A-prospects at all, ever. A- They win a lot of games, B- They sign a lot of A and B free agents, C- They make a lot of trades for that last piece. I think Mason Williams is going to be a very good player, but no superstars emerging just yet. I saw Keith Law compare him to Austin Jackson and John Sickels compare him to Holliday. I don't know what to think about Sanchez, what with Posey, Montero and Santana all coming through so recently.

FWIW, Anaheim is by far the biggest culprit for this. It's almost as if they duped us for over a decade just so they could put all the untapped talent into one freaking guy.
I think the Yanks don't have much to offer pitching wise, but have a good amount of possible superstars for INF/OF.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #1169 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default

FML..

Report -- Alex Rodriguez, others on Miami clinic PED lists - ESPN

New York Yankees attempting to void Alex Rodriguez's contract, according to sources - ESPN New York
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #1170 (permalink)
Moderator
 
jhawkkw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 9,370
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Logitech Revue, Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 2,726
Thanked 5,837 Times in 3,296 Posts
jhawkkw
Default Re: What's your favorite MLB team?

Oh dear. This is quite the development.
jhawkkw is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 30th, 2013, 11:12 AM   #1171 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkkw View Post
Oh dear. This is quite the development.
Don't know why I thought he could stay out of the spotlight. Sometimes the things that are too good to be true, are.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 12:16 PM   #1172 (permalink)
Moderator
 
jhawkkw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 9,370
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Logitech Revue, Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 2,726
Thanked 5,837 Times in 3,296 Posts
jhawkkw
Default Re: What's your favorite MLB team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
Don't know why I thought he could stay out of the spotlight. Sometimes the things that are too good to be true, are.
I think it would be a good thing though if the Yankees could box that contact and save all that money. Could go a long way as far as fixing other areas of concern.
jhawkkw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 05:55 PM   #1173 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkkw View Post
I think it would be a good thing though if the Yankees could box that contact and save all that money. Could go a long way as far as fixing other areas of concern.
Won't happen. ARod will milk the contract for what it is worth and retire comfortable. What a f**king albatross of a contract. I wish upper management listened to Cashman when he wanted to downgrade the contract due to ARod opting out and making them look like fools.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #1174 (permalink)
~Play Nice~
 
Unforgiven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Douglas, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,691
 
Device(s): Note II, S3, Moto X Developer Edition, Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13,120
Thanked 14,244 Times in 7,812 Posts
Default

^^^I think you meant tools.
__________________

Join the fun and make some friends, register for free here.
If someone helped, hit Thanks, if you see rude or abusive posts, spam, or threads that need staff attention, hit Report.
Site Rules / Android Forums FAQ
*** Do you want to talk guns? ***

Unforgiven is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #1175 (permalink)
Moderator
 
jhawkkw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 9,370
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Logitech Revue, Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 2,726
Thanked 5,837 Times in 3,296 Posts
jhawkkw
Default

It probably won't happen, but I wish it would. There were some other interesting names on that report, would certainly explain Cruz, Cabrera and Gonzalez's good seasons recently.
jhawkkw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #1176 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
^^^I think you meant tools.
That too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkkw View Post
It probably won't happen, but I wish it would. There were some other interesting names on that report, would certainly explain Cruz, Cabrera and Gonzalez's good seasons recently.
Cabrera had already been suspended for PED use last season. The only one that really surprised me was Gio Gonzalez. He looked like the real deal to me when he was with the A's.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 10:21 PM   #1177 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default

According to the report I saw on SportsCenter today, it has been confirmed that A-Rod did use PED's multiple times, which were injected directly from Tony Bosch himself. *le sigh*
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 03:41 PM   #1178 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RazorSharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,345
Thanked 1,959 Times in 807 Posts
Default

Hey, any of you guys into fantasy baseball? I usually get a league on Yahoo going each year, would love to have some fresh faces
RazorSharp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 03:01 AM   #1179 (permalink)
I ain't nobody!
 
saptech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Third Stone from the Sun
Posts: 3,544
 
Device(s): Motorola Moto G, Samsung Stratosphere, Galaxy Tab 2 SE.
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 572
Thanked 768 Times in 612 Posts
Default

Well, it looks like Chris Carpenter will be hanging up his cleets. It seems he is having arm problems and it doesn't look good. He will be out for this season, which probably will be the end.

http://www.ksdk.com/sports/pro_baseball/mlb/article/361186/26/Chris-Carpenter-likely-out-for-2013-season
saptech is online now  
Last edited by saptech; February 6th, 2013 at 03:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 06:18 AM   #1180 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorSharp View Post
Hey, any of you guys into fantasy baseball? I usually get a league on Yahoo going each year, would love to have some fresh faces
I do multiple leagues every year, but not Yahoo. I do ESPN

Just so you know, I haven't lost in fantasy baseball in about 5 years lol.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 6th, 2013, 09:31 AM   #1181 (permalink)
Moderator
 
jhawkkw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 9,370
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Logitech Revue, Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 2,726
Thanked 5,837 Times in 3,296 Posts
jhawkkw
Default Re: What's your favorite MLB team?

I've done leagues in the past, both roto & h2h, but none in the last two years.
jhawkkw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 09:37 AM   #1182 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkkw View Post
I've done leagues in the past, both roto & h2h, but none in the last two years.
I usually try to get 2 roto and 2 H2H every year. Go big or go home.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 12:59 PM   #1183 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RazorSharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,345
Thanked 1,959 Times in 807 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
I do multiple leagues every year, but not Yahoo. I do ESPN

Just so you know, I haven't lost in fantasy baseball in about 5 years lol.
If you're willing to try Yahoo, we'd be happy to have you. It's a 12 team league, me and the same few guys every year, filled out with a rotating cast of whoever I know that wants to play that year. It's a roto league, 7x7 - R, HR, RBI, SB, K, AVG, OBP x W, L, SV, BB, K, ERA, WHIP. Deep rosters, 2 DL spots. Drops are immediate, no waivers, so you gotta be on your game to pick players up. Interested?
RazorSharp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 10:54 AM   #1184 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorSharp View Post
If you're willing to try Yahoo, we'd be happy to have you. It's a 12 team league, me and the same few guys every year, filled out with a rotating cast of whoever I know that wants to play that year. It's a roto league, 7x7 - R, HR, RBI, SB, K, AVG, OBP x W, L, SV, BB, K, ERA, WHIP. Deep rosters, 2 DL spots. Drops are immediate, no waivers, so you gotta be on your game to pick players up. Interested?
I'd love to join, depending on the draft date. Very interesting to see OBP on the scoring list. I like it better than BB. Def a good choice.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Last edited by NYCHitman1; February 7th, 2013 at 11:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 01:37 PM   #1185 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RazorSharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,345
Thanked 1,959 Times in 807 Posts
Default

Mariners sign Felix Hernandez to a 7-year, $175 million extension, largest deal for a pitcher in history.

Mariners, Hernandez Agree To Seven-Year Deal: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

Mariners, Felix Hernandez agree to seven-year, $175 million extension - MLB Daily Dish
RazorSharp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #1186 (permalink)
Moderator
 
jhawkkw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 9,370
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Logitech Revue, Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 2,726
Thanked 5,837 Times in 3,296 Posts
jhawkkw
Default Re: What's your favorite MLB team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorSharp View Post
Wow, I would have bet they'd trade him because they didn't want to dish out that kind of money. Guess I was wrong.
jhawkkw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #1187 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default Re: What's your favorite MLB team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkkw View Post
Wow, I would have bet they'd trade him because they didn't want to dish out that kind of money. Guess I was wrong.
I thought the same thing, but good for them. King Felix is a BEAST. With the FA market next season, I am curious who will go where and get what for their services. Kershaw and Verlander, particularly.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #1188 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RazorSharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,345
Thanked 1,959 Times in 807 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
I thought the same thing, but good for them. King Felix is a BEAST. With the FA market next season, I am curious who will go where and get what for their services. Kershaw and Verlander, particularly.
Interesting piece:

Felix Hernandez's reported $175M deal bodes well for trio of candidates eyeing $200M - Yahoo! Sports

"The $200 million pitcher isn't just coming. He's already here."
RazorSharp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2013, 02:53 PM   #1189 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RazorSharp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Boston, MA
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,195
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,345
Thanked 1,959 Times in 807 Posts
Default

More news on Felix's extension, apparently it's not totally set in stone yet:

Report: Mariners Concerned With Felix Hernandez’s Elbow | Getting Blanked | Blogs | theScore.com
RazorSharp is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2013, 05:38 AM   #1190 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorSharp View Post
More news on Felix's extension, apparently it's not totally set in stone yet:

Report: Mariners Concerned With Felix Hernandez’s Elbow | Getting Blanked | Blogs | theScore.com
They will iron it out. I'm sure they will do something along the lines of CC's contract that protects the Yankees in the event of a shoulder injury.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 17th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #1191 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,317
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,503
Thanked 6,328 Times in 3,873 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saptech View Post
Well, it looks like Chris Carpenter will be hanging up his cleets. It seems he is having arm problems and it doesn't look good. He will be out for this season, which probably will be the end.

Chris Carpenter unlikely to pitch in 2013 season, John Mozeliak says | ksdk.com

It's probably mean but good riddance...

Oh, and all his troubles are someone elses fault any way
NightAngel79 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 08:19 AM   #1192 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saptech View Post
Well, it looks like Chris Carpenter will be hanging up his cleets. It seems he is having arm problems and it doesn't look good. He will be out for this season, which probably will be the end.

Chris Carpenter unlikely to pitch in 2013 season, John Mozeliak says | ksdk.com
His issues seem more complex than just muscular/bone (in the arm) issues. It appears that he's having issues with nerves creating numbness, etc..

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
It's probably mean but good riddance...

Oh, and all his troubles are someone elses fault any way
Tired of Carp handing out cans of whoop ass? Lol.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 09:39 AM   #1193 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,317
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,503
Thanked 6,328 Times in 3,873 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default Re: What's your favorite MLB team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
His issues seem more complex than just muscular/bone (in the arm) issues. It appears that he's having issues with nerves creating numbness, etc..



Tired of Carp handing out cans of whoop ass? Lol.
No idea what you're talking about, lol
NightAngel79 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #1194 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightAngel79 View Post
No idea what you're talking about, lol
Carp laying the smack down on those lowly Reds.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #1195 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,317
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,503
Thanked 6,328 Times in 3,873 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default Re: What's your favorite MLB team?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
Carp laying the smack down on those lowly Reds.
Only reason he's leaving is because he knows we have his number now
NightAngel79 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #1196 (permalink)
AF Contributor
 
xploPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Richmond, VA.
Posts: 818
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 - Rooted & Unlock, Stock 4.3, (VM) HTC V EVO 4G- Rooted & Unlock -Angry Bean 4.2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 192
Thanked 167 Times in 126 Posts
Default Re: What's your favorite MLB team?

NY Yankees, since birth back in 78

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
NYCHitman1 likes this.
__________________
I want to thank the Good Lord for making me a Yankee - Joe DiMaggio
xploPR is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #1197 (permalink)
Jolly Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,317
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,503
Thanked 6,328 Times in 3,873 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default Re: What's your favorite MLB team?

Opening day right around the corner!!!!!!!

Oh yea!
NYCHitman1 and big_z like this.
NightAngel79 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #1198 (permalink)
Moderator
 
jhawkkw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 9,370
 
Device(s): Nexus 5, HP 14 Chomebook, Google Glass, LTE Nexus 7(2013), Logitech Revue, Chromecast
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Thanks: 2,726
Thanked 5,837 Times in 3,296 Posts
jhawkkw
Default Re: What's your favorite MLB team?

Yanks look like they have a rough opening month ahead. No Granderson and now no Texiera.
jhawkkw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2013, 07:39 AM   #1199 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhawkkw View Post
Yanks look like they have a rough opening month ahead. No Granderson and now no Texiera.
I think we'll be ok, honestly. I feel like we always find a way to win games. I feel like our squad this year is very 96-esque in the way that while we have lost a ton of power, we possibly may gain some skill in the small ball area.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2013, 11:56 AM   #1200 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
Thread Author (OP)
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,237
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,432 Times in 975 Posts
Default

So.. excited.. that.. baseball.. has.. started..
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NYCHitman1 For This Useful Post:
NightAngel79 (April 1st, 2013)
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Community > The Lounge > Sports
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.