Go Back   Android Forums > Android Forums Community > The Lounge > Sports

Like Tree12Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old July 29th, 2011, 01:18 AM   #101 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,300
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,796
Thanked 1,633 Times in 894 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlswltrs View Post
I don't think it was Flozel, he was his best as a backup and powering over tired defenses. I think the cowboys just made some bad decisions with him. Right now I do think that Felix and Tashard make a great backfield though and Marion getting cut frees up quite a bit of money.

BTW, Free has done an outstanding job replacing Flozel with less false starts
Yeah Free is a strong player but obviously our line lost a lot of familiarity over the past several years. Hopefully they will mesh better this year. Personally, I was tired of seeing TC get less than 10 touches per game. That kid's got the heart and always seems to come up with a big play when we need it. He's the Austin of the backfield.

Advertisements
UBRocked is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 29th, 2011, 01:45 AM   #102 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
chrlswltrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,741
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 w/ LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,174
Thanked 1,786 Times in 1,163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
Yeah Free is a strong player but obviously our line lost a lot of familiarity over the past several years. Hopefully they will mesh better this year. Personally, I was tired of seeing TC get less than 10 touches per game. That kid's got the heart and always seems to come up with a big play when we need it. He's the Austin of the backfield.
Yeah, Dez and Austin starting WR, then Felix starting in the back and TC backing him up, plus the best TE in the NFL. We are going to have an AWESOME offense this year. Plus Romo has really become a great QB that can play under pressure, too bad he was hurt last year after we finally fired the teddy bear that was pretending to be a head coach.
__________________
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

-Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775
chrlswltrs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 03:22 PM   #103 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
McLabia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of Sharks
Posts: 1,212
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt Sickly Infected Ziggified Dark Horse Beast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 514
Thanked 235 Times in 189 Posts
deviousdb1@gmail.com
Default

The boy Solo BACK! Glad that NFL is back.

‪MIAMI DOLPHINS BACK! THEME SONG BY SOLO D 07/28/11‬‏ - YouTube
__________________
Taking a forums break. If youve got my Gtalk, feel free to use it.
GO SHARKS AND PHINS!! FRACK THE REST!
McLabia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 05:16 PM   #104 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 409
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4, Galaxy S2, Vibrant, myTouch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 105 Times in 77 Posts
Default

As a Denver fan, please take Orton off our hands. I have never been a fan of that guy. Chicago's D carried him there and Marshall/Lloyd carried him here in Denver.

The biggest problem I had with him is he seems like he doesn't care and has zero emotion. Whenever we ran the wildcat and he was in the WR slot, he'd just stand there with his hands on his hips. Thanks for blowing the play Orton with zero effort. At least Sanchez and other wildcat QBs trotted out a few yards and at least put in a half-assed effort and didn't just stand there. Even when Orton throws away the game on a pick, he walks to the sideline like nothing happens...he just doesn't care.

He's also the most boring QB I've ever seen play too. I hate him, but if Miami wants him please take him for the love of God.

/rant

Denver did just pick up Willis McGahee though. Though it's not DeAngelo Williams, McGahee was pretty good. We'll see if Denver can finally find their running game after a ~10 year drought since Portis left.
ParishL31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 06:15 PM   #105 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
McLabia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of Sharks
Posts: 1,212
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt Sickly Infected Ziggified Dark Horse Beast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 514
Thanked 235 Times in 189 Posts
deviousdb1@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParishL31 View Post
As a Denver fan, please take Orton off our hands. I have never been a fan of that guy. Chicago's D carried him there and Marshall/Lloyd carried him here in Denver.

The biggest problem I had with him is he seems like he doesn't care and has zero emotion. Whenever we ran the wildcat and he was in the WR slot, he'd just stand there with his hands on his hips. Thanks for blowing the play Orton with zero effort. At least Sanchez and other wildcat QBs trotted out a few yards and at least put in a half-assed effort and didn't just stand there. Even when Orton throws away the game on a pick, he walks to the sideline like nothing happens...he just doesn't care.

He's also the most boring QB I've ever seen play too. I hate him, but if Miami wants him please take him for the love of God.

/rant

Denver did just pick up Willis McGahee though. Though it's not DeAngelo Williams, McGahee was pretty good. We'll see if Denver can finally find their running game after a ~10 year drought since Portis left.

Lol. What would you guys do for a qb? I thought the tebow thing just a joke. Are they actually serious? Lol. Tebow was as wasteful a pick as Beck was for us.
McLabia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 07:26 PM   #106 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 409
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4, Galaxy S2, Vibrant, myTouch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 105 Times in 77 Posts
Default

Tebow is the walking Jesus in Colorado haha. I personally have more faith in Tebow than Orton though. I know Tebow is the future of Denver, whether or not he'll succeed is a different story.

Sure Tebow can't throw very well, neither can Orton. At least Tebow can run while Orton can't scramble to save his life. And the most important thing is Tebow actually cares and wants to win. Tebow gets pumped when he rushes for half a yard while Orton will throw away a game and not even care.

While he's definitely got a long way to go, Tebow is Denver's best hope right now at QB. Not that chump Orton. And Brady Quinn? Lol, he doesn't even need an explanation at how crappy he is. The Browns didn't even want him FFS.

Miami has chosen Matt Moore from Carolina over Orton. A third stringer over Orton, that speaks how much faith Miami had in Orton. Also, look at all the other teams and who they chose over Orton. Tavaris Jackson, Matt Leinart, Alex Smith, Matt Hasselbeck. No one has faith in Orton.
ParishL31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #107 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
McLabia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of Sharks
Posts: 1,212
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt Sickly Infected Ziggified Dark Horse Beast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 514
Thanked 235 Times in 189 Posts
deviousdb1@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParishL31 View Post
Tebow is the walking Jesus in Colorado haha. I personally have more faith in Tebow than Orton though. I know Tebow is the future of Denver, whether or not he'll succeed is a different story.

Sure Tebow can't throw very well, neither can Orton. At least Tebow can run while Orton can't scramble to save his life. And the most important thing is Tebow actually cares and wants to win. Tebow gets pumped when he rushes for half a yard while Orton will throw away a game and not even care.

While he's definitely got a long way to go, Tebow is Denver's best hope right now at QB. Not that chump Orton. And Brady Quinn? Lol, he doesn't even need an explanation at how crappy he is. The Browns didn't even want him FFS.

Miami has chosen Matt Moore from Carolina over Orton. A third stringer over Orton, that speaks how much faith Miami had in Orton. Also, look at all the other teams and who they chose over Orton. Tavaris Jackson, Matt Leinart, Alex Smith, Matt Hasselbeck. No one has faith in Orton.
LOL. You poor jaded individual. You guys will be screwed if you get rid of Orton. Tebow was awesome in College, but hell be the next coming of Jake "The Snake" Plummer imo.

You read the situation wrong with the Phins picking up Matt. Denver wanted WAY too much for him. You think having Ortons bad, try having CP10 getting injured and then your Future QB lose every last bit of confidence in his game. Oh wait, thatll be you guys this year. I feel bad, cause my Phins have been going through the same. We havent had a QB thats mattered since Marino, and your guys' last real decent QB was Elway. I do give MAD props for bringing Elway back into the fold. That may be Tebows saving grace.

Also, Jesus myths are exactly that. I guess that explains the reference to Tebow. haha.
McLabia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2011, 08:46 PM   #108 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 409
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4, Galaxy S2, Vibrant, myTouch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 21
Thanked 105 Times in 77 Posts
Default

Oh I am prepared for an awful season regardless of Tebow or Orton starting haha. I just think it'll be a lesser of two evils with Tebow in. But be glad you guys didn't get Orton, he is terrible but so many people fail to realize it. Looks like we're stuck with him too, he just hit his bonus today and on top of that almost every team in the market has already found a QB.
ParishL31 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2011, 08:28 AM   #109 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,300
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,796
Thanked 1,633 Times in 894 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLabia View Post
Tebow was awesome in College, but hell be the next coming of Jake "The Snake" Plummer imo.
See, I think he is the next coming of types like Brett Favre and Donovan McNabb. I like that kid and I think he's going to be a baller. If Denver doesn't want him, I would love to see him replace Romo in a couple of years.
UBRocked is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #110 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
McLabia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of Sharks
Posts: 1,212
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt Sickly Infected Ziggified Dark Horse Beast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 514
Thanked 235 Times in 189 Posts
deviousdb1@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
See, I think he is the next coming of types like Brett Favre and Donovan McNabb. I like that kid and I think he's going to be a baller. If Denver doesn't want him, I would love to see him replace Romo in a couple of years.

Lmao. Romo is even more overrated than tebow. Id rather have Beck back than Romo. Brett Farva... Lol.. ill behave. It's not nice to make fun of the ancient.
McLabia is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old July 31st, 2011, 12:53 AM   #111 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
chrlswltrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,741
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 w/ LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,174
Thanked 1,786 Times in 1,163 Posts
Default

I really think Romo is a good quarterback. He has matured a lot in the last 2 years, just really sucks that he had that injury last year. Everyone said he couldn't play late, but the last time he played in November, he was the highest rated QB for the month in the entire NFL.

I think he is going to prove a lot of people wrong this year... and earn a ring in the process
chrlswltrs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2011, 12:59 AM   #112 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
McLabia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of Sharks
Posts: 1,212
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt Sickly Infected Ziggified Dark Horse Beast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 514
Thanked 235 Times in 189 Posts
deviousdb1@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlswltrs View Post
I really think Romo is a good quarterback. He has matured a lot in the last 2 years, just really sucks that he had that injury last year. Everyone said he couldn't play late, but the last time he played in November, he was the highest rated QB for the month in the entire NFL.

I think he is going to prove a lot of people wrong this year... and earn a ring in the process
LOL. The only way that dudes gettin a Cowboys superbowl ring is if he buys one from a past superbowl.
McLabia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2011, 01:08 AM   #113 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
chrlswltrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,741
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 w/ LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,174
Thanked 1,786 Times in 1,163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLabia View Post
LOL. The only way that dudes gettin a Cowboys superbowl ring is if he buys one from a past superbowl.
1. Romo is better than any QB that Miami has by far

2. I will bet you that Dallas wins a super bowl before Miami

3. The only reason that Miami has any shot right now is because of the HC (from Dallas) and the talent that he brought over after becoming HC
chrlswltrs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2011, 01:12 AM   #114 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
McLabia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of Sharks
Posts: 1,212
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt Sickly Infected Ziggified Dark Horse Beast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 514
Thanked 235 Times in 189 Posts
deviousdb1@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlswltrs View Post
1. Romo is better than any QB that Miami has by far

2. I will bet you that Dallas wins a super bowl before Miami

3. The only reason that Miami has any shot right now is because of the HC (from Dallas) and the talent that he brought over after becoming HC

Lmao. I love delusion fans.
McLabia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2011, 11:04 AM   #115 (permalink)
Member
 
MyTjSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 276
 
Device(s): Droid X Droid Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 39
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLabia View Post
Lmao. I love delusion fans.
Reason you get p in the morning to check the mirror....we all love haters as well...sip sip sip KOOOOLLL AIDDEEEEEE
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by thread removed
[*]
MyTjSux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 02:52 AM   #116 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Adauth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Orleans
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,665
 
Device(s): LG G2 , LG G Pad 8.3 GPE
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 43
Thanked 204 Times in 172 Posts
Default

Saints will run the ball down peoples throats this year. The year they won the super bowl they were sixth in rushing. Last year 28th. With Brees runing the show and recivers like Colston, Moore, Meacheam, Heanderson. Not to mention Ivory,Ingram,Thomas, and sproles catching passes out of the backfield.

NFC South champs for sure, no I am not worried about Atlanta.
Adauth is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Adauth For This Useful Post:
NOLA_Droid (August 17th, 2011)
Old August 4th, 2011, 07:15 AM   #117 (permalink)
Member
 
MyTjSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 276
 
Device(s): Droid X Droid Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 39
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adauth View Post
Saints will run the ball down peoples throats this year. The year they won the super bowl they were sixth in rushing. Last year 28th. With Brees runing the show and recivers like Colston, Moore, Meacheam, Heanderson. Not to mention Ivory,Ingram,Thomas, and sproles catching passes out of the backfield.

NFC South champs for sure, no I am not worried about Atlanta.
Im not worried about atlanta either any team run by brees can be scary....but be realistic you will not see ivory ingram thomas and sproles at the very most 3 will play and sproles will see more time than most on third downs and long seconds because of his explosiveness and his protection skills, Ingram will beat out thomas to be the starter before theyear end and thomas will be situational
MyTjSux is offline  
Last edited by MyTjSux; August 4th, 2011 at 07:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #118 (permalink)
Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation
 
shawn1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,181
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - 32GB Gold iPhone 5s - 16GB Nexus 7 (2nd gen) - Chromecast
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 188
Thanked 290 Times in 208 Posts
Default

Chad Henne says Orton chants hurt his feelings | ProFootballTalk

Somebody call the WAAAAAMbulance!!!!!? :lol:
__________________
life is one huge game that infinite awareness has with itself
shawn1224 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 01:56 PM   #119 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
jimjeffcoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Oklahoma City
Posts: 31
 
Device(s): EVO Shift, Acer Iconia A500
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

K.C. Chiefs!!
jimjeffcoat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2011, 03:45 PM   #120 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
McLabia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of Sharks
Posts: 1,212
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt Sickly Infected Ziggified Dark Horse Beast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 514
Thanked 235 Times in 189 Posts
deviousdb1@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn1224 View Post
Chad Henne says Orton chants hurt his feelings | ProFootballTalk

Somebody call the WAAAAAMbulance!!!!!? :lol:

He created it. If he didn't suck, we wouldn't react this way. It's not like the eagles fans vs mcnabb. Atleast he was good. Henne just sucks.

He's still better than nomoromo though.
McLabia is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 6th, 2011, 10:20 AM   #121 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,300
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,796
Thanked 1,633 Times in 894 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn1224 View Post
Chad Henne says Orton chants hurt his feelings | ProFootballTalk

Somebody call the WAAAAAMbulance!!!!!? :lol:
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLabia View Post
He created it. If he didn't suck, we wouldn't react this way. It's not like the eagles fans vs mcnabb. Atleast he was good. Henne just sucks.

He's still better than nomoromo though.
What do you expect from a Michigan man? LOL
UBRocked is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2011, 11:46 AM   #122 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
McLabia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of Sharks
Posts: 1,212
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt Sickly Infected Ziggified Dark Horse Beast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 514
Thanked 235 Times in 189 Posts
deviousdb1@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
What do you expect from a Michigan man? LOL

Lol. I feel like I'm being baited here....
McLabia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #123 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,300
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,796
Thanked 1,633 Times in 894 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLabia View Post
Lol. I feel like I'm being baited here....
LOL

Henne was a whiny guy in college...is anyone surprised that he's a whiny guy in the pros? He need not worry though because pretty soon he will be a backup QB that no one will ever talk about
UBRocked is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2011, 07:54 AM   #124 (permalink)
Member
 
kilasix9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Miami
Gender: Male
Posts: 302
 
Device(s): Captivate --> Atrix 4G --> Atrix 2 --> One X --> GNex
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Die-hard Bucs fan since 1998!!
kilasix9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2011, 08:14 AM   #125 (permalink)
Member
 
kilasix9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Miami
Gender: Male
Posts: 302
 
Device(s): Captivate --> Atrix 4G --> Atrix 2 --> One X --> GNex
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
See, I think he is the next coming of types like Brett Favre and Donovan McNabb. I like that kid and I think he's going to be a baller. If Denver doesn't want him, I would love to see him replace Romo in a couple of years.
Wow. Did you really just say Tim Tebow is like Brett Favre??? FAIL.
kilasix9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2011, 08:27 AM   #126 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 169
 
Device(s): Samsung Infuse 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Steelers Nation... black and yellow, black and yellow!!!!
Lombardi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2011, 09:52 AM   #127 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,300
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,796
Thanked 1,633 Times in 894 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilasix9 View Post
Wow. Did you really just say Tim Tebow is like Brett Favre??? FAIL.
Is he there now? Not even close. Does he share a lot of similar characteristics? Yes.

First of all, the kid's a winner and a competitor. Brett Favre was not a prototypical QB in any way... Just like Tebow. A lot of people think you have to fit into a certain mold to be a good NFL QB. Let's ask Brady Quinn how fitting into that mold has worked out for his sorry ass

My main motivation for pulling for him is all the people that think intelligence, determination and drive are somehow overrated traits.

Come back to this tread in 3-5 years so I can say "told ya!"
UBRocked is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2011, 12:18 PM   #128 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
McLabia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of Sharks
Posts: 1,212
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt Sickly Infected Ziggified Dark Horse Beast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 514
Thanked 235 Times in 189 Posts
deviousdb1@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
Is he there now? Not even close. Does he share a lot of similar characteristics? Yes.

First of all, the kid's a winner and a competitor. Brett Favre was not a prototypical QB in any way... Just like Tebow. A lot of people think you have to fit into a certain mold to be a good NFL QB. Let's ask Brady Quinn how fitting into that mold has worked out for his sorry ass

My main motivation for pulling for him is all the people that think intelligence, determination and drive are somehow overrated traits.

Come back to this tread in 3-5 years so I can say "told ya!"

Those aren't, but he and his arm are. Lol. Tim the snake tebow. Lol.
McLabia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2011, 05:11 PM   #129 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 752
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 77
Thanked 180 Times in 126 Posts
Default

if you haven't had a chance to watch The Brady 6 documentary on ESPN, i suggest you do.

i think Tebow has the physical ability and the mental dedication to become a VERY good QB in the NFL. much of this will be dependent on the OCs that he plays for and the veteran QBs that are brought in to mentor him. he may not ever be able to chuck it like Farve, but in the right offensive scheme, his arm will be a non-factor.

i say this as a Charger fan. i don't say much good about Broncos, at any time, but think this kid has the intangibles to be quite successful.
batgeek is offline  
Last edited by batgeek; August 7th, 2011 at 05:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2011, 09:37 PM   #130 (permalink)
Member
 
kilasix9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Miami
Gender: Male
Posts: 302
 
Device(s): Captivate --> Atrix 4G --> Atrix 2 --> One X --> GNex
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 14
Thanked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Default

He may be a hard worker, he may be a great leader and he might be the smartest dude but he just doesn't have the mechanics to be an elite QB, like Favre was. The Broncos have a better chance of winning with Orton. Plain and simple. How many great college QBs weren't able to transition into the NFL? I will admit though, the media hating on him is annoying.

The kid can still be a contributer to the team and he can definitely play football.
kilasix9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 8th, 2011, 12:04 AM   #131 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
chrlswltrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Seattle
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,741
 
Device(s): Nexus 4 w/ LTE
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,174
Thanked 1,786 Times in 1,163 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLabia View Post
Lmao. I love delusion fans.
Did you notice that Miami lost it's best QB (Ronnie Brown)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
Is he there now? Not even close. Does he share a lot of similar characteristics? Yes.

First of all, the kid's a winner and a competitor. Brett Favre was not a prototypical QB in any way... Just like Tebow. A lot of people think you have to fit into a certain mold to be a good NFL QB. Let's ask Brady Quinn how fitting into that mold has worked out for his sorry ass

My main motivation for pulling for him is all the people that think intelligence, determination and drive are somehow overrated traits.

Come back to this tread in 3-5 years so I can say "told ya!"
I think Tebow will make a good QB because of his dedication. He will be great!
chrlswltrs is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2011, 01:55 AM   #132 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
McLabia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of Sharks
Posts: 1,212
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt Sickly Infected Ziggified Dark Horse Beast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 514
Thanked 235 Times in 189 Posts
deviousdb1@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlswltrs View Post
Did you notice that Miami lost it's best QB (Ronnie Brown)



I think Tebow will make a good QB because of his dedication. He will be great!
What you thought about QB's stopped being relevant when you said that romo was better than any QB Miamis ever had. lol.
McLabia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2011, 02:56 AM   #133 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Suffolk, VA
Posts: 752
 
Device(s): Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 77
Thanked 180 Times in 126 Posts
Default

mechanics can be taught. in just one off-season he was able to change his throwing mechanics for a much quicker release. it's going to take a while to get used to being under center as much as McD's offense dictated, and even more so under Mike McCoy.

i don't think he will ever get to Elway/Farve stature, but he definitely can be a top 10 active QB in the league.
batgeek is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2011, 08:21 AM   #134 (permalink)
Member
 
MyTjSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 276
 
Device(s): Droid X Droid Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 39
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLabia View Post
Those aren't, but he and his arm are. Lol. Tim the snake tebow. Lol.
You have a man crush on Jake Plummer dont you i believe that is the 92nd reference you have made to "the Snake"...LOL
MyTjSux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2011, 12:03 PM   #135 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
McLabia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of Sharks
Posts: 1,212
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt Sickly Infected Ziggified Dark Horse Beast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 514
Thanked 235 Times in 189 Posts
deviousdb1@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTjSux View Post
You have a man crush on Jake Plummer dont you i believe that is the 92nd reference you have made to "the Snake"...LOL

Well, when I think of terrible in football, I think of three things. Jake Plummer, The Lions and Farve "Retiring".
McLabia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2011, 02:12 PM   #136 (permalink)
Member
 
MyTjSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 276
 
Device(s): Droid X Droid Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 39
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLabia View Post
Well, when I think of terrible in football, I think of three things. Jake Plummer, The Lions and Farve "Retiring".
are you agreeing with me then im confused


go bucs
MyTjSux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #137 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
McLabia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of Sharks
Posts: 1,212
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt Sickly Infected Ziggified Dark Horse Beast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 514
Thanked 235 Times in 189 Posts
deviousdb1@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTjSux View Post
are you agreeing with me then im confused


go bucs
Its ok for you to be confused, youre a bucs fan. lol. PHINS UP!
McLabia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 08:11 PM   #138 (permalink)
VZW Nexus Please!!!
 
UBRocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 4,300
 
Device(s): See my signature...this section isn't big enough anymore!
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,796
Thanked 1,633 Times in 894 Posts
ubrocked@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLabia View Post
What you thought about QB's stopped being relevant when you said that romo was better than any QB Miamis ever had. lol.
He never said EVER. I think he was referring to every QB since Marino...and I'd say that's accurate. I think the Dolphins should find a guy like Troy Smith who could run a wide variety of offenses until they figure out who they are offensively.

But I'm biased... I'd love to see him get a shot somewhere else. How do you come in for an injured Alex Smith with a 1 win, 5 loss team and then get benched after winning the majority of the games you started?...only to watch Alex screw it up again LOL.

Plus, if Troy went to Miami...that would make Henne cry. He'd lose to Troy Smith yet again
UBRocked is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2011, 08:25 PM   #139 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
McLabia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of Sharks
Posts: 1,212
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt Sickly Infected Ziggified Dark Horse Beast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 514
Thanked 235 Times in 189 Posts
deviousdb1@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post
He never said EVER. I think he was referring to every QB since Marino...and I'd say that's accurate. I think the Dolphins should find a guy like Troy Smith who could run a wide variety of offenses until they figure out who they are offensively.

But I'm biased... I'd love to see him get a shot somewhere else. How do you come in for an injured Alex Smith with a 1 win, 5 loss team and then get benched after winning the majority of the games you started?...only to watch Alex screw it up again LOL.

Plus, if Troy went to Miami...that would make Henne cry. He'd lose to Troy Smith yet again
As long as thats what he mean, I can agree with him. If not...well...LULZ.
McLabia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2011, 07:17 AM   #140 (permalink)
Member
 
MyTjSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 276
 
Device(s): Droid X Droid Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 39
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBRocked View Post

Plus, if Troy went to Miami...that would make Henne cry. He'd lose to Troy Smith yet again
This!!!


LOL
MyTjSux is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 11th, 2011, 01:52 PM   #141 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ballisticn8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Gender: Male
Posts: 760
 
Device(s): VZW Note 3
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 190
Thanked 158 Times in 98 Posts
Default

Can I say right now my favorite teams are every team just because I'm happy there is a football season?


Well, maybe not the Raiders... Or the Redskins... Or, jk...
__________________
*Insert witty line here*
ballisticn8 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 02:05 AM   #142 (permalink)
Sad Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,494
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,806
Thanked 6,551 Times in 3,945 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

^lol
NightAngel79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2011, 11:58 PM   #143 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
McLabia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: City of Sharks
Posts: 1,212
 
Device(s): HTC Thunderbolt Sickly Infected Ziggified Dark Horse Beast
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 514
Thanked 235 Times in 189 Posts
deviousdb1@gmail.com
Default

WOW @ KC tonight...lol

I hope to hell Henne doesnt have the starting job come game one. If tonights any indication of Moore, we need Moore.

MOORE THROWS TO MOORE FOR ONE MORE TOUCHDOWN!
McLabia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 07:46 AM   #144 (permalink)
Member
 
MyTjSux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 276
 
Device(s): Droid X Droid Eris
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 39
Thanked 22 Times in 19 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLabia View Post
WOW @ KC tonight...lol
We were ready to play...doesn't matter anyways lol preseason is worthless and counted out completely when the Lions went 4-0 then 0-16
LOL
MyTjSux is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2011, 03:43 PM   #145 (permalink)
lrv
Member
 
lrv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 229
 
Device(s): D2
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 39 Times in 29 Posts
Default

Denver Broncos, FTW.
lrv is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 01:50 AM   #146 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Adauth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Orleans
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,665
 
Device(s): LG G2 , LG G Pad 8.3 GPE
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 43
Thanked 204 Times in 172 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrv View Post
Denver Broncos, FTW.
Not a chance to get to the playoffs however. New coaching staff , not enough talent. Knowshone can't carry the load , and their recivering core is average at best. Defense might be ok with dumervile back. Orton is an ok QB, but will never lead a team to a championship. Tebow? haha yea right.

Of course all of the above is just my opinion, take with a grain of salt.
Adauth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 04:13 AM   #147 (permalink)
Member
 
Sue7M3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northeast US
Posts: 125
 
Device(s): Nook Color (Rooted w/CM7), Coby Kyros 7015 (Rooted w/custom ROM)
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 28 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Patriots all the way!
Sue7M3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 04:23 AM   #148 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Adauth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Orleans
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,665
 
Device(s): LG G2 , LG G Pad 8.3 GPE
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 43
Thanked 204 Times in 172 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue7M3 View Post
Patriots all the way!

I'd like to keep seeing Ridley doing well for them. hes a former LSU football player(this is his rookie year) and of course I have to support alumni of my school. He runs north and south and runs HARD! You guys got a nice pickup in the draft.
Adauth is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Adauth For This Useful Post:
Sue7M3 (August 16th, 2011)
Old August 16th, 2011, 08:29 AM   #149 (permalink)
Sad Bounty Hunter
 
NightAngel79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Northern Ky
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,494
 
Device(s): HTC OneMax; Note 10.1; DROID DNA (retired);Transformer Prime(daughter); Rezound(retired); Droid In
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 13,806
Thanked 6,551 Times in 3,945 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to NightAngel79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue7M3 View Post
Patriots all the way!
wouldnt mind seeing my boy ocho cinco do well this year
NightAngel79 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2011, 09:36 AM   #150 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 4,096
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC One S, iPhone 5s, Nook HD+, Nook Color
Carrier: Verizon and T-Mobile

Thanks: 135
Thanked 404 Times in 263 Posts
Default

Giants!
lexluthor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Forums Community > The Lounge > Sports
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.