July 24th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Jul 2012
Device(s): Rooted Samsung Galaxy S4 running Sacs Rom 7.2
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
[TUT] How to change dialer drip sound
I've been looking for a long time to find a way to change the annoying drip sound for the dialer to no avail but finally found a way I thought I'd share.
1. pull SecContacts.apk from phone under /system/app.
2. find a sound you want to use in ogg format and rename it touch_ripple.
3. open SecContacts.apk using Winrar. then open res. then raw.
4. move renamed touch_ripple.ogg from step 2 to raw.
5. then a window will pop up (Archive name and parameters) . in that window go to Compression method (default is Normal) and under the drop down menu select Store. Then click Ok. Close Winrar.
6. push SecContacts.apk back to phone.
7. enjoy using dialer without hearing that annoying drip sound.
Last edited by tobanrob; August 24th, 2013 at 07:25 AM.