Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Hero (Sprint) > Sprint Hero - Support and Troubleshooting

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old November 3rd, 2010, 06:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jeffreynothing43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Triangle, North Carolina
Posts: 337
 
Device(s): Rooted HTC Hero-Sprint, currently AOSP 0.9.9.1 Froyo with OC Darchstar Recovery
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
PM me and I will give it
Default Gmail Sync Issue

Really weird thing...

My Hero has been synching perfectly for months. I wake up today and saw I had no emails. I logged into my PC and saw that there were 5 unread emails.

I thought this was just the 'clear data' in applications fix. Well I did that. It didn't work. So I checked all my settings to make sure that it was enabled to download automatically, thinking I changed something accidentally. Still, everything was right.

So I tried a couple other things. Including, soft reset, taking battery out reset, and even a complete wipe to factory. I set up my Gmail again, still nothing. I then even tried a Sprint ROM. Still nothing.

So...my last idea was to log into another Google account I rarely use. Well that one synced my email perfectly in like, 3 seconds. I can't find for the life of me what is going on with my Google account.

Does anyone have any fixes to this? I really do not want to start another email account....everything I have is set up to this one.

Advertisements
jeffreynothing43 is offline  
Last edited by jeffreynothing43; November 3rd, 2010 at 06:29 PM. Reason: forgot to mention something
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old November 3rd, 2010, 06:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
JB in AZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,868
 
Device(s): Droid MAXX
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 265
Thanked 268 Times in 208 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreynothing43 View Post
Really weird thing...

My Hero has been synching perfectly for months. I wake up today and saw I had no emails. I logged into my PC and saw that there were 5 unread emails.

I thought this was just the 'clear data' in applications fix. Well I did that. It didn't work. So I checked all my settings to make sure that it was enabled to download automatically, thinking I changed something accidentally. Still, everything was right.

So I tried a couple other things. Including, soft reset, taking battery out reset, and even a complete wipe to factory. I set up my Gmail again, still nothing. I then even tried a Sprint ROM. Still nothing.

So...my last idea was to log into another Google account I rarely use. Well that one synced my email perfectly in like, 3 seconds. I can't find for the life of me what is going on with my Google account.

Does anyone have any fixes to this? I really do not want to start another email account....everything I have is set up to this one.
You know, some days my mail is really slow to come in. If I reboot, or go to airplane mode, than back to normal it seems to help.
JB in AZ is offline  
Last edited by JB in AZ; November 3rd, 2010 at 06:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 06:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jeffreynothing43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Triangle, North Carolina
Posts: 337
 
Device(s): Rooted HTC Hero-Sprint, currently AOSP 0.9.9.1 Froyo with OC Darchstar Recovery
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
PM me and I will give it
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB in AZ View Post
You know, some days my mail is really slow to come in. If I reboot, or go to airplane mode, than back to normal it seems to help.
the thing is that it is instant while testing my other google account...
jeffreynothing43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 06:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
JB in AZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,868
 
Device(s): Droid MAXX
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 265
Thanked 268 Times in 208 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreynothing43 View Post
the thing is that it is instant while testing my other google account...
I was chatting with one of the other staff members today, and they were having troubles even opening their gmail...
JB in AZ is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 07:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Done by choice
 
Kelmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 11,817
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,132
Thanked 4,784 Times in 2,658 Posts
Default

^ That would be me!

Gmail on my Epic, the wife's Evo and my old Hero have been buggy for the past 2 days (consistently). Sometimes nothing happens, othertimes it freezes on updating, etc.

No idea why/how though. Clearing data/cache doesn't do anything either. Maybe it's something on Google's end?
Kelmar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 07:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jeffreynothing43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Triangle, North Carolina
Posts: 337
 
Device(s): Rooted HTC Hero-Sprint, currently AOSP 0.9.9.1 Froyo with OC Darchstar Recovery
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
PM me and I will give it
Default

Well...maybe its a Google thing. I can't figure it out. I went far beyond normal trouble shooting by trying different Roms and hard resetting. I definitely pegged it down to my actual Gmail account. Who know, maybe Google is having some issues with different servers or services???? Maybe my one account is attached to the buggyness and the other not? Is that even probable?
jeffreynothing43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 07:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Done by choice
 
Kelmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 11,817
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,132
Thanked 4,784 Times in 2,658 Posts
Default

^ I would assume so?

The weird thing is is one minute it works and the next it doesn't.
Kelmar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 07:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jeffreynothing43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Triangle, North Carolina
Posts: 337
 
Device(s): Rooted HTC Hero-Sprint, currently AOSP 0.9.9.1 Froyo with OC Darchstar Recovery
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
PM me and I will give it
Default

Well, thankfully Gmail has a great forwarding tool...it keeps the email in my main box and forwards to my other Gmail. I am going to do this for a while and check back on that other email address after I am done being frustrated at Google.
jeffreynothing43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2010, 07:50 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
jeffreynothing43's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Triangle, North Carolina
Posts: 337
 
Device(s): Rooted HTC Hero-Sprint, currently AOSP 0.9.9.1 Froyo with OC Darchstar Recovery
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
PM me and I will give it
Default

New Development.

I've found that when I have both Gmail accounts, one forwarding to the other, that the one which was not synching, is now syncing - meaning I'm getting two notifications. But if I remove the Gmail that it is being forwarded to, I don't get any notifications.
jeffreynothing43 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
gmail sync, google sucks


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC Hero (Sprint) > Sprint Hero - Support and Troubleshooting
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:47 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.