Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC One > (Sprint) One - All Things Root

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By scotty85

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old September 2nd, 2013, 03:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): Htc One (red)
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 7
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default May have bricked my device

i have a sprint htc one and i tried flashing a rom i cant remember which on it was i was rooted and unlocked and what not but anyways i got to the htc screen that says this build is for development purposes only and im stuck there so i turn off the phone and go into bootloader to get to recovery but when i hit recovery it vibrates once shows htc and then goes to fastboot also my computer doesnt recognize my phone when in fastboot instead of fastboot usb it says fastboot ac im so frustrated i just bought this phone a few days ago please help if possible

joshuadaniels is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 2nd, 2013, 03:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): Htc One (red)
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 7
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Hey thanks for moving it now you wanna reply on it
joshuadaniels is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2013, 09:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: FLA. USA
Posts: 530
 
Device(s): iPhone 4S,HTC One
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 60
Thanked 457 Times in 328 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadaniels View Post
i have a sprint htc one and i tried flashing a rom i cant remember which on it was i was rooted and unlocked and what not but anyways i got to the htc screen that says this build is for development purposes only and im stuck there so i turn off the phone and go into bootloader to get to recovery but when i hit recovery it vibrates once shows htc and then goes to fastboot also my computer doesnt recognize my phone when in fastboot instead of fastboot usb it says fastboot ac im so frustrated i just bought this phone a few days ago please help if possible
by saying "i cant remember which on it was" i assume you flashed a GSM only international 4.2.2 rom and now your phone is dead. is this correct ?
clsA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2013, 09:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: FLA. USA
Posts: 530
 
Device(s): iPhone 4S,HTC One
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 60
Thanked 457 Times in 328 Posts
Default

here's is the RUU to repair your phone... (I think??)
Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.10_RUU_decrypted.zip | by OMJ for One
clsA is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post:
Brian706 (September 5th, 2013)
Old September 2nd, 2013, 12:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsA View Post
here's is the RUU to repair your phone... (I think??)
Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.10_RUU_decrypted.zip | by OMJ for One
that looks like a decrypted(unsigned) file. he will need to be s off to use it. if he is still s on,there is an official zip in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2250904

direct link: Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_1.29.651.10_RUU.zip | by OMJ for One

assuming that you are on that same build.

here are a few tips to check your fastboot issue:
Quote:
troubleshooting connectivity issues:
*make sure you have changed to your adb/fastboot directory!
-try a reboot of the PC
-try different usb cables and ports
-dont use a usb hub
-dont use usb 3.0
-make sure nothing capable of comunicating with the phone is enabled and running. htc sync,pdanet,easy tether,and even itunes have all been known to cause issues.
-windows 8 has been known to have issues. try a windows 7 or older machine

failing the above,
-i use these drivers for fastboot and adb(donwload and run as admin): http://downloads.unrevoked.com/HTCDriver3.0.0.007.exe (mirror)

failing that,try manually updating the drivers in the following manner:
-put the phone in fastboot mode(select fastboot from the hboot menu)
-open device manager on the PC
-plug in phone,watch for it to pop up in device manager.
-update drivers with device manager,pointing the wizard to the extracted
driver download folder from above

note that you can check the connectivity of the phone,and make sure drivers are working by in the following manner:
-open cmd window. change to directory containing adb/fastboot utilities

-adb with the phone in the booted OS,usb debug enabled,enter:
adb devices in a cmd window

-fastboot with phone in fastboot(not hboot!),enter:
fastboot devices in cmd window

in either case,a properly connected phone with working drivers installed should report back the phones serial number.
if you can get your phone recognized in fastboot again,enter fastboot getvar all and paste that output here

edit:
yes,that definately is an official ruu. once you run the setup as instructed,it starts an official utility,its just packaged oddly in a zip file rather than a .exe utility. i have run it,and extracted rom.zip,if needed. the only thing in question now,is wether its too old to flash to the phone,as im not sure what the current sprint build is.
__________________
The Delivery Guy
If someone has helped you,please click the THANKS button on that post.
Please post questions so others can benefit from the answers.
donate to my device fund
scotty85 is online now  
Last edited by scotty85; September 2nd, 2013 at 12:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
Brian706 (September 5th, 2013), joshuadaniels (September 2nd, 2013)
Old September 2nd, 2013, 03:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): Htc One (red)
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 7
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

i apreciate all this now im going to different computers in my house trying to see if another computer will rocognize it i sound like such a noob but im coming from a samsung galaxy nexus so this phone is a bit different i flashed a rom and accidentally hit international (it was 4 am) so i understand it was completely my fault
joshuadaniels is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2013, 03:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadaniels View Post
i apreciate all this now im going to different computers in my house trying to see if another computer will rocognize it i sound like such a noob but im coming from a samsung galaxy nexus so this phone is a bit different i flashed a rom and accidentally hit international (it was 4 am) so i understand it was completely my fault
in a worse case,you can take rom.zip from the utility,rename it to PN07IMG(i think,hafta double check that one) and flash it from an sd card and OTG usb cable,eliminating the computer from the equation. im uploading it now,in case you have any trouble extracting it.

looks like there is a 1.31.651.x update,so its a matter of what build your on,what hboot the OTA contains,and what hboot your on if youre on the OTA build.

if you can get the fastboot getvar all to work,it will give us some very helpful info.

when youre checking for connectivity,make sure you are in fastboot usb mode,and not hboot usb as the fastboot commands will not work in hboot
joshuadaniels likes this.
scotty85 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
Brian706 (September 5th, 2013), joshuadaniels (September 4th, 2013)
Old September 2nd, 2013, 04:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): Htc One (red)
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 7
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
in a worse case,you can take rom.zip from the utility,rename it to PN07IMG(i think,hafta double check that one) and flash it from an sd card and OTG usb cable,eliminating the computer from the equation. im uploading it now,in case you have any trouble extracting it.

looks like there is a 1.31.651.x update,so its a matter of what build your on,what hboot the OTA contains,and what hboot your on if youre on the OTA build.

if you can get the fastboot getvar all to work,it will give us some very helpful info.

when youre checking for connectivity,make sure you are in fastboot usb mode,and not hboot usb as the fastboot commands will not work in hboot
well im stuck in the bootloader i cant get into recovery to flash anything if i could my problems would be solve but i cant get in there and i also cant use the factory reset option and im stuck in a bootloop and my computer doesnt recognize a device
joshuadaniels is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2013, 07:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadaniels View Post
well im stuck in the bootloader i cant get into recovery to flash anything if i could my problems would be solve but i cant get in there and i also cant use the factory reset option and im stuck in a bootloop and my computer doesnt recognize a device
what i mentioned above would not require the computer,or a recovery. it would be letting the bootloader flash the ruu from an sd card,in an sd card adapter,plugged into a usb "on the go" cable.

the one prollem,however,is you will need to relock your bootloader,for wich you do need a PC.

i know your fustrated,but 99% of recognition/comunication prollems are remedied with the checklist above. you will need to actually try things,however,and not just look at the item and think "no,its not that"

ive personally learned the hard way that not all usb cables are created equal,and that things running in the back ground on a PC can really screw things up.

lets start with this:

what is your hboot version?

are you still unlocked?

what version of windows are you using?
scotty85 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
Brian706 (September 5th, 2013), Granite1 (September 2nd, 2013), joshuadaniels (September 4th, 2013)
Old September 2nd, 2013, 07:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): Htc One (red)
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 7
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
what i mentioned above would not require the computer,or a recovery. it would be letting the bootloader flash the ruu from an sd card,in an sd card adapter,plugged into a usb "on the go" cable.

the one prollem,however,is you will need to relock your bootloader,for wich you do need a PC.

i know your fustrated,but 99% of recognition/comunication prollems are remedied with the checklist above. you will need to actually try things,however,and not just look at the item and think "no,its not that"

ive personally learned the hard way that not all usb cables are created equal,and that things running in the back ground on a PC can really screw things up.

lets start with this:

what is your hboot version?

are you still unlocked?

what version of windows are you using?
hboot-1.44.0000
i am still unlocked
windows 7 and i have vista on another computer
joshuadaniels is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joshuadaniels For This Useful Post:
scotty85 (September 2nd, 2013)
sponsored links
Old September 2nd, 2013, 08:14 PM   #11 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): Htc One (red)
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 7
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

okay so on two of my computers, one windows 7 pc and one windows vista pc, its showing that i have something plugged into them but my phone still says fastboot ac and not fastboot usb
joshuadaniels is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshuadaniels For This Useful Post:
Brian706 (September 5th, 2013), scotty85 (September 2nd, 2013)
Old September 2nd, 2013, 08:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): Htc One (red)
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 7
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

C:\Users\Janet>adb devices
List of devices attached


C:\Users\Janet>adb devices
List of devices attached


C:\Users\Janet>fastboot devices

C:\Users\Janet>adb devices
List of devices attached


C:\Users\Janet>fastboot devices

C:\Users\Janet>
and it doesnt find any devices
joshuadaniels is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to joshuadaniels For This Useful Post:
scotty85 (September 2nd, 2013)
Old September 2nd, 2013, 08:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

have you tried the reboot-bootloader option in fastboot to see if it changes to fastboot usb?

are you able to see it listed in device manager? if so,how is it listed? have you tried updating the drivers manually as described above?

also,are you not getting a "list of devices attached" message from fastboot devices ?

do you have fastboot in the directory that your working from(C:\Users\Janet) ? might give us a screen shot from the pc of that directory

windows 7 is what i use personally vista and xp should be similar
scotty85 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
Brian706 (September 5th, 2013), joshuadaniels (September 4th, 2013)
Old September 2nd, 2013, 11:14 PM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): Htc One (red)
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 7
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
have you tried the reboot-bootloader option in fastboot to see if it changes to fastboot usb?

are you able to see it listed in device manager? if so,how is it listed? have you tried updating the drivers manually as described above?

also,are you not getting a "list of devices attached" message from fastboot devices ?

do you have fastboot in the directory that your working from(C:\Users\Janet) ? might give us a screen shot from the pc of that directory

windows 7 is what i use personally vista and xp should be similar
when i do that it just reboots bootloader and still says fastboot ac

no it is not listed in the device manager i have manually uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers on all three computers

no im not it looks exactly as it does in my last post

im going to keep trying for a few days and ill keep trying things you guys tell me but after a while im just going to call asurion and drop the phone in water to get a new one
joshuadaniels is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2013, 11:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): Htc One (red)
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 7
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

http://gyazo.com/9e13d919ebfb49ba7b3cdb78bf6a318f
this is on one of my windows 7 pcs
joshuadaniels is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 04:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

We understand what's going on in the cmd window. What I'd like to see is open c:\users\Janet or c:\users\kaylanjosh in an explorer window and take a screenie of that,so we can see the contents.

I'm starting to suspect your missing files on the pc
scotty85 is online now  
Last edited by scotty85; September 3rd, 2013 at 05:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
Brian706 (September 5th, 2013), joshuadaniels (September 4th, 2013)
Old September 3rd, 2013, 07:42 AM   #17 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): Htc One (red)
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 7
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty85 View Post
We understand what's going on in the cmd window. What I'd like to see is open c:\users\Janet or c:\users\kaylanjosh in an explorer window and take a screenie of that,so we can see the contents.

I'm starting to suspect your missing files on the pc
http://http://gyazo.com/8b0800b1f0d3a523029acf16ba2ebff9
this?
and i also have my paths set up in windows settings to go to C:\android-sdk\tools and C:\android-sdk\platform-tools
i think im usb bricked so would you guys advise against me doing the insurance thing
joshuadaniels is offline  
Last edited by joshuadaniels; September 3rd, 2013 at 07:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2013, 07:33 PM   #18 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuadaniels View Post
http://http://gyazo.com/8b0800b1f0d3a523029acf16ba2ebff9
this?
and i also have my paths set up in windows settings to go to C:\android-sdk\tools and C:\android-sdk\platform-tools
i think im usb bricked so would you guys advise against me doing the insurance thing
that is still not quite what i wanted to see. you could be missing files,or you could have something not quite right when setting your paths.

do you have any other htc devices you can test?

you could always try using a "miniadb" file,and changing to it. if you have missing files or an error in your path,then this would still work. try this and see if you get a response:

Quote:
first download and install these drivers: revolutionary drivers (mirror)

then,download this small file:
mini-adb.zip

-unzip it,and place the unzipped folder onto the root of your C drive(not inside a folder)

-open a cmd window(with win 7,click start bubble,type "command" or "cmd" in hte search box)

-now change to your mini-adb directory(assuming you didnt chagne the name). type in the black cmd window that opened on your PC:
cd c:\mini-adb

-pull the battery in your phone for a few seconds. hold volume down,then power. hold them both until you see the white/colored writing hboot screen

-select "fastboot" from the hboot menu with the vol rocker/power button

-in your cmd window type:
fastboot devices

it should output your phones serial number. if so youre good to go. if not,youre apparently having a driver issue. i usually recomend these drivers from Revolutionary: modified htc drivers download and install the drivers(you should just have to run that file). afterwards,unplug your phone,plug it back in. make sure its in fastboot. as soon as you get a result from "fastboot devices" your ready to procede to the next step.

-in your cmd window,type(or copy/paste,is much easier):
fastboot getvar all

-copy the info that outputs here. right click in your cmd window,click mark,highlight it all in white. hit enter. paste the info here. it will help us know which ruu for you to run.
as for asurion,i dont know what to tell you there. i honestly dont know if flashing a gsm rom could have overwrote a partition thats screwing with your fastboot connectivity,tho my gut feeling is "no". i still think the phone may be fixable if you can get fastboot to conect.

if you do decide to send it in,theres nothing to worry about. if youve paid the premiums,and are willing to pay the deductable,you can make a claim. they could care less if youve bricked your phone with a rom flash,lost it,or run it over with your car.

if you are hoping to have sprint give you a new one for free,then you may have issue since your bootloader is obviously unlocked.

you have tried different usb cables and ports,correct?
scotty85 is online now  
Last edited by scotty85; September 3rd, 2013 at 07:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
Brian706 (September 5th, 2013), Granite1 (September 3rd, 2013), joshuadaniels (September 4th, 2013)
Old September 3rd, 2013, 07:54 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: FLA. USA
Posts: 530
 
Device(s): iPhone 4S,HTC One
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 60
Thanked 457 Times in 328 Posts
Default

I had a very frustrating time once with a USB hub. No matter what i did with drivers and adb/fastboot nothing worked. I finally hooked the usb cable directly to the usb ports on the motherboard and Boom it was fixed. That usb hub went in the trash later the same day. A faulty usb cable will do the same thing. Hope you get thing's sorted out soon.
clsA is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post:
Brian706 (September 5th, 2013), Granite1 (September 4th, 2013), joshuadaniels (September 4th, 2013), scotty85 (September 4th, 2013)
Old September 4th, 2013, 11:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 12
 
Device(s): Htc One (red)
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 7
Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
Default

i have tried every usb port on every computer in my house except my macbook which wont detect it anyway but i ended up taking it to a place called igadget doctor im going to see if they can do anything i quickly found out i know quite a bit more about phones software wise than they do but oh well they wont charge me unless they fix it anyway i should be getting a call tomorrow about it im sorry for wasting everyones time i appreciate everyones help
joshuadaniels is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joshuadaniels For This Useful Post:
Brian706 (September 5th, 2013), scotty85 (September 5th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old September 5th, 2013, 06:31 AM   #21 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
scotty85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 10,650
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7,184
Thanked 6,786 Times in 4,268 Posts
Default

youre not wasting anyones time,were all here becasue we like to help. sorry we couldlt quite put our finger on the issue to fix it yourself,but hopefully they will have some good news for you.
scotty85 is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
Brian706 (September 5th, 2013)
Old September 5th, 2013, 10:09 AM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: FLA. USA
Posts: 530
 
Device(s): iPhone 4S,HTC One
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 60
Thanked 457 Times in 328 Posts
Default

Well I must say this is the first actual "Brick" I have seen with the HTC One and to be honest I'm pretty shocked. Yours was the first time I ever heard of a One not going into Fastboot USB. Sorry I/we didn't have the answer. Good luck
clsA is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to clsA For This Useful Post:
scotty85 (September 6th, 2013)
Reply
Tags
bricked htc one stuck in bootloader


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > HTC One > (Sprint) One - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.