Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Sprint

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old April 5th, 2011, 10:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default How I kept my Sprint Premier upgrade...well sort of

I'm new around here but I wanted to share my experience dealing with Sprint in regards to the sprint premier silver/gold changes.

I've basically worked my way into getting what amounts to a $125 credit.

Sprint premier silver comes with a $75 credit after one year for upgrade or so i'm told, and I was able to get an extra $50 billing credit though talking with customer service. $125 out of a potential $150 is pretty good in my book.

Anyone interested in how I went about this here it is.

Obviously you have to get by the first level representative, he can't do anything for you. I however took a very kind route and took some time to build up sympathy with the representative, keep insisting that you would like an upgrade to your line at the end of your contract year, and your just disappointed that these changes happened because you were told you would have this benefit.

Then I got passed on to what they described as "The highest level of representative" where I had to explain everything over again. He assured me nothing could be done to get me a new upgrade but he offered to switch my plan to the higher plan (HA!) which I declined. I then said that I would like to cancel both my lines (I never intended to cancel). He will try to convince you that you will end up paying more wherever you go. I have family on Verizon with a family plan I could jump on for pretty cheap so that was a moot point.

When he was going through the cancellation process he mentioned the cancellation fees and I flipped, I went off about how I was the one getting screwed by the changes and shouldn't have to pay the fees. He then told me his supervisor would like to finish the call with me.

So I speak to the supervisor and I have to explain the situation AGAIN, she assures me there is nothing that she can do. I argue with her about how Sprint is totally screwing over their customers and she goes on about how they have no legal obligation to provide sprint premier service to anyone. I told her I understood that all but feel that they should make the situation right somehow. She assures me there is nothing that she can do. So I ask to cancel again she gets to the fees section and I go off again. She says that there is nothing that she can do about the fees, I make a big deal about it and ask her again what she can do for me. I ask specifically about a bill reduction to which she says she can't do. I told her that I would not be paying the cancellation fees even if I cancelled and asked her again what she can do for me. I say "You can't even give me $5 a month off?" And she responds with I can give you a credit for $50 on your next bill. I pushed it and asked for $75 to which she almost took the first offer away.

So there it is. Hope it helps everyone who truly is upset about these changes. I've found that you get pretty far by being nice to customer service reps, don't get nasty until your at the top and theres nothing left to do.

jared.meyering is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 5th, 2011, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 123
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 76
Thanked 47 Times in 18 Posts
Default

That's a lot of work for $50. Besides, I'd like Sprint to stay in business, so I don't mind paying my fair share.
probinson is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to probinson For This Useful Post:
BenChase7 (April 5th, 2011), chum1600 (April 18th, 2011), gowcaizer1978 (April 14th, 2011), knightprincess13 (April 6th, 2011), marctronixx (April 5th, 2011), momoceio (April 5th, 2011), tiny2nz (April 6th, 2011)
Old April 6th, 2011, 01:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by probinson View Post
That's a lot of work for $50. Besides, I'd like Sprint to stay in business, so I don't mind paying my fair share.
Thats fine, I didn't mind the 45 minutes out of my day...thats more than $1 a minute to me. Its not an issue of "fair share" its an issue of customer service. whether or not you want to pursue this option is up to you.

Also for me its not really just $50. I was unlikely to upgrade at $75 so this is really like gaining $125 for me.
jared.meyering is offline  
Last edited by jared.meyering; April 6th, 2011 at 01:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 02:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
MissJennell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oregon
Gender: Female
Posts: 402
 
Device(s): HTC One, Blackberry Z10, Galaxy Note ll
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 91 Times in 65 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to MissJennell MissJennell@gmail.com
Default

OR you could take the money you save with being on Sprint instead of other carriers each month and put it away. Then you can add that to your $75 at one year and more than pay for the phone.
__________________
@MissJennell
MissJennell is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissJennell For This Useful Post:
marctronixx (April 6th, 2011), TheEngineer (April 6th, 2011)
Old April 6th, 2011, 07:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJennell View Post
OR you could take the money you save with being on Sprint instead of other carriers each month and put it away. Then you can add that to your $75 at one year and more than pay for the phone.
Also true, good idea.
jared.meyering is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 07:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
TheEngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 268
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 55 Times in 48 Posts
Default

So glad I don't have to deal with whiners like this.
__________________
Sprint wants me to make this absolutely clear: “The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the positions, strategies or opinions of Sprint.”

I work for Sprint, I do not represent them on this forum!
TheEngineer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 08:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
MissJennell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oregon
Gender: Female
Posts: 402
 
Device(s): HTC One, Blackberry Z10, Galaxy Note ll
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 91 Times in 65 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to MissJennell MissJennell@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
So glad I don't have to deal with whiners like this.
You don't have to deal with whiners? Do you live in a magical land far far away? Can I join!!
MissJennell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 08:55 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
MissJennell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oregon
Gender: Female
Posts: 402
 
Device(s): HTC One, Blackberry Z10, Galaxy Note ll
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 91 Times in 65 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to MissJennell MissJennell@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared.meyering View Post
Also true, good idea.
By the time you paid your early termination fee and then bought new phones and paid more each month you are just on the losing end. If you sucked it up and took the 75 after a year and used that toward a phone the math would be more in your favor.
MissJennell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 09:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
TheEngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 268
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 55 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJennell View Post
You don't have to deal with whiners? Do you live in a magical land far far away? Can I join!!
I still deal with whiners, but they usually have legitimate technical issues.
TheEngineer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2011, 09:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phoenix
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,233
 
Device(s): EVO LTE & EVO 4G & Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,961
Thanked 881 Times in 524 Posts
Default

I plan on selling my EVO 4G and also using the 75 dollar credit sprint gives at 1 year towards the EVO 3D... should give a total credit in the neighborhood north of $250. I'll be fine. :-) or.. I can wait till the fall and ill start getting yearly upgrades for 10 years of Sprint service. :-) What to do? Love my EVO, but don't think I will be able to wait for the EVO 3D. Pry go with the first option.
BenChase7 is offline  
Last edited by BenChase7; April 6th, 2011 at 09:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 7th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
MissJennell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oregon
Gender: Female
Posts: 402
 
Device(s): HTC One, Blackberry Z10, Galaxy Note ll
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 91 Times in 65 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to MissJennell MissJennell@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
I still deal with whiners, but they usually have legitimate technical issues.
Oh well then I don't want to join any more. Lol.
MissJennell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 11:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
I still deal with whiners, but they usually have legitimate technical issues.
Hey sorry I'm just sharing my experience, dont like it quit bumping the thread. No whining, I wouldn't have whined if they hadn't give me anything. I've never once "whined" I've had legitimate complaints about what happened ... as someone who lives in the business world and has a good idea what customer service is I feel as though I had a claim to pursue this option, not an entitlement or a right to anything at all mind you.

If you wouldn't do it find, dont hate. No one is making you, some may want to and thats their choice, so lets just settle down there.
jared.meyering is offline  
Last edited by jared.meyering; April 7th, 2011 at 11:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 12:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
 
UniversalRep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared.meyering View Post
Hey sorry I'm just sharing my experience, dont like it quit bumping the thread. No whining, I wouldn't have whined if they hadn't give me anything. I've never once "whined" I've had legitimate complaints about what happened ... as someone who lives in the business world and has a good idea what customer service is I feel as though I had a claim to pursue this option, not an entitlement or a right to anything at all mind you.

If you wouldn't do it find, dont hate. No one is making you, some may want to and thats their choice, so lets just settle down there.

It just makes you look like an asshole is what he was trying to say.
UniversalRep is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to UniversalRep For This Useful Post:
ScorpDX (April 8th, 2011)
Old April 7th, 2011, 12:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalRep View Post
It just makes you look like an asshole is what he was trying to say.
I'm not sure why it would...In my experience when you have a complaint thats what customer service is there for. If its his preference to just deal with it as he says thats fine I'm not knocking that, just telling everyone my experience...It was a friendly welcome to the forums thats for sure.
jared.meyering is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 11:48 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
TheEngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 268
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 55 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalRep View Post
It just makes you look like an asshole is what he was trying to say.
hahaha. That was great.

I cannot stand customers who call demanding credits and such without justification. I freely give them when warranted. But man, when someone simply wants to escalate the issue until they get some handout, I very quickly get them to my uncompromising supervisor or over to Account Services to see if they are worth keeping.

Seriously, I got a customer almost $1000 in credits for data overages when I determined he had a trojan. The poor guy was a real noob and could not figure out how he was using so much. He was apparently a very busy P2P server. lol

He agreed to have all the computers rebuilt and install proper protection, and I was able to secure a credit for all his overages.

Never even asked for credit. Just kept asking for help to reduce his usage and paying $400+ a month in overage fees.
TheEngineer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 11:54 PM   #16 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phoenix
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,233
 
Device(s): EVO LTE & EVO 4G & Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,961
Thanked 881 Times in 524 Posts
Default

^^ as it should be. How did he get the data overage's, though? Before the days of unlimited data, or running 3G on a broadband card/Hot spot?

I remember about 9 years ago, when I first started Sprint, I had about 40$ in text overage fees, before I even knew you had to have a text plan. LONG time ago. I called and explained the situations, they kindly removed ALL the overage fees as long as I added text to my plan. I was impressed, and why I have been with Sprint for nearly 10 years, in addition to the great plans that are practically unlimited everything, cant beat it! Now my loyalty is about to pay off, as I will continue to get yearly phone upgrades.
BenChase7 is offline  
Last edited by BenChase7; April 7th, 2011 at 11:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 01:22 AM   #17 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
hahaha. That was great.

I cannot stand customers who call demanding credits and such without justification. I freely give them when warranted. But man, when someone simply wants to escalate the issue until they get some handout, I very quickly get them to my uncompromising supervisor or over to Account Services to see if they are worth keeping.

Seriously, I got a customer almost $1000 in credits for data overages when I determined he had a trojan. The poor guy was a real noob and could not figure out how he was using so much. He was apparently a very busy P2P server. lol

He agreed to have all the computers rebuilt and install proper protection, and I was able to secure a credit for all his overages.

Never even asked for credit. Just kept asking for help to reduce his usage and paying $400+ a month in overage fees.

I'm certainly not one of those who goes looking for a handout at every corner. I'm actually quite surprised that no one thinks this more of an issue. I'm new to sprint, when I signed up last July this was one of the major plan benefits pitched to me. I was looking between multiple carriers and Sprint premier definitely helped tip the scale. I have never once called because I get crappy 3g speeds (I've never seen a speed over 200kbps and I live in the 80-100 range) I've never once called because of some bogus international charges I incurred one time. I pay for 1500 minutes and only use about 200 of those each month on a family plan and I've never once complained to them that I can't go down a level.

But when this benefit that was part of the original reason I even signed with sprint was taken away literally 3 months before it would take effect I thought that deserved a call. I was never demanding about anything in these phone calls and I never once asked for money until they mentioned I would still have to pay the cancellation fee.

Please spare me, I know how much I am "Saving" with sprint but I feel that a company still should treat its customers well, its not all about the money. Not grandfathering in current premier members at least until their one year period expired was a customer service mistake in my opinion. You may disagree and thats fine.

My complaint was far from being without justification in my mind. I don't understand how to you a N00b who allows a trogan to run as a p2p server unwittingly somehow justifies discounts because he was ignorant and yet I'm an "ass" because I feel as though I was misled in signing up for cell phone service.
jared.meyering is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 01:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phoenix
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,233
 
Device(s): EVO LTE & EVO 4G & Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,961
Thanked 881 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Yea, i/we usually only use a few hundred of our "1500 min" family plan minutes as well, but that is ONLY because Sprint gives you unlimited calling to ANY cell phone on ANY network on the majority of their plans. If this were not the case, I would incur overage fees due to excess minutes every month. This aspect of the everything data 450 and the Family plan of 1500 mins, makes Sprints plans significantly more value than most people give it credit for (yet they are still significantly less dough). For example, my peak usage last month was about 2300 peak minutes on a "1500 minute" plan, yet I had no overage fees. How much in overage charges would that be on the other carriers? (hint: a lot.) On Sprint, NONE... on Sprint it is free/included. This is something many tend to overlook, but is a huge benefit to Sprints plans. This equates to a 450 minute plan being unlimited talk, for most. Not to mention Sprints night/weekend minutes start at 7pm instead of 9pm... again, with Sprint your "available minutes" will go much further than any other carrier.
BenChase7 is offline  
Last edited by BenChase7; April 8th, 2011 at 02:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 04:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 107
 
Device(s): EVO-4G,EVO-shift
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Agreed, unlimited Sprint minutes even with a 450 Minute plan goes a very long way. Been with Nextel/Sprint since 1997 have good and bad experiences but overall will stay for now at least
flatlander is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 08:41 AM   #20 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChase7 View Post
with Sprint your "available minutes" will go much further than any other carrier.
Your very right, I wasn't thinking about that. I still get crappy 3g and had some bogus charges however which I have never complained about. I'm not an "ass" but to me the changes to Sprint Premier were just too much. Again feel free to disagree but the fact remains that one of the reasons I switched was for this program specifically.
jared.meyering is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 8th, 2011, 10:47 AM   #21 (permalink)
From My Cold Dead Hands
 
330D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 2,863
 
Device(s): Googlerola Droid Maxx, Moto Spyder, HTC Knight retired, HTC Hero retired,
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 507
Thanked 780 Times in 517 Posts
Default

Jared I have to agree with what you say. Sprint, up until not too long before they changed their "voluntary" (on their part) premier policy still advertised new phones every year for the primary line. That was a big reason for a lot of people to switch to sprint. Changing the policy out of the blue like they did, and NOT grandfathering people who were on the cusp of losing their eligibility is bad business on their part. I say get what you can from them. If they need additional revenue they should be explore new ways to do it, NOT taxing their existing customers into switching carriers.
330D is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 330D For This Useful Post:
unplugged1 (April 19th, 2011)
Old April 8th, 2011, 03:15 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
MissJennell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oregon
Gender: Female
Posts: 402
 
Device(s): HTC One, Blackberry Z10, Galaxy Note ll
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 91 Times in 65 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to MissJennell MissJennell@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared.meyering View Post
Your very right, I wasn't thinking about that. I still get crappy 3g and had some bogus charges however which I have never complained about. I'm not an "ass" but to me the changes to Sprint Premier were just too much. Again feel free to disagree but the fact remains that one of the reasons I switched was for this program specifically.
Then do something about it instead of continuing to piss and moan. Like I had stated before you can put away some of the money you are saving by being with sprint and use that with your $75 towards a new phone every year. Maybe switch carriers. It doesn't matter what you do but do something.
MissJennell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 03:54 PM   #23 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJennell View Post
Then do something about it instead of continuing to piss and moan. Like I had stated before you can put away some of the money you are saving by being with sprint and use that with your $75 towards a new phone every year. Maybe switch carriers. It doesn't matter what you do but do something.
Okay now your just being annoying, please move along. I did "do something about it" you don't like what I did I understand that and theres nothing more for you to say here.

If you think I've been pissing and moaning about this you haven't read a word I've written, I've simply shared my experience with customer service something I think is worthwhile. Since then I've simply defended my character which came under attack quite quickly after one post.

What for you merits a call to customer service huh? Well what if I think your reason is a piss poor reason? I wouldn't be belligerent towards you! Would you call customer service about crappy 3g speeds? or bogus charges? I happen to think this is a decent reason now take a hike and stop trolling the thread.
jared.meyering is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
TheEngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 268
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 19
Thanked 55 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChase7 View Post
^^ as it should be. How did he get the data overage's, though? Before the days of unlimited data, or running 3G on a broadband card/Hot spot?
Running on an Overdrive. New customer.
TheEngineer is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheEngineer For This Useful Post:
BenChase7 (April 8th, 2011)
Old April 8th, 2011, 05:25 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
MissJennell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oregon
Gender: Female
Posts: 402
 
Device(s): HTC One, Blackberry Z10, Galaxy Note ll
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 91 Times in 65 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to MissJennell MissJennell@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared.meyering View Post
Okay now your just being annoying, please move along. I did "do something about it" you don't like what I did I understand that and theres nothing more for you to say here.

If you think I've been pissing and moaning about this you haven't read a word I've written, I've simply shared my experience with customer service something I think is worthwhile. Since then I've simply defended my character which came under attack quite quickly after one post.

What for you merits a call to customer service huh? Well what if I think your reason is a piss poor reason? I wouldn't be belligerent towards you! Would you call customer service about crappy 3g speeds? or bogus charges? I happen to think this is a decent reason now take a hike and stop trolling the thread.
Well I never trolled. I gave you an idea, which you happen to have liked. I never attacked you. I also never said what you did was bad or good. I didn't state my opinon on it once. So I am not quite sure why you are jumping down my throat. Deal with the changes made. You can't do anything about getting it back.
MissJennell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 06:32 PM   #26 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJennell View Post
Well I never trolled. I gave you an idea, which you happen to have liked. I never attacked you. I also never said what you did was bad or good. I didn't state my opinon on it once. So I am not quite sure why you are jumping down my throat. Deal with the changes made. You can't do anything about getting it back.
You never stated your opinion on the issue? really? You implied I was a whiner, said I needed to just "suck it up" and said I was just pissing and moaning? Seriously? Its obvious that you think I shouldn't have done this.

I do set aside money every month for phone upgrade, it is a good idea. But every time you comment you are bashing what I did by telling me I should have sucked it up and saved more.
jared.meyering is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 09:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
MissJennell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oregon
Gender: Female
Posts: 402
 
Device(s): HTC One, Blackberry Z10, Galaxy Note ll
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 91 Times in 65 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to MissJennell MissJennell@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared.meyering View Post
You never stated your opinion on the issue? really? You implied I was a whiner, said I needed to just "suck it up" and said I was just pissing and moaning? Seriously? Its obvious that you think I shouldn't have done this.

I do set aside money every month for phone upgrade, it is a good idea. But every time you comment you are bashing what I did by telling me I should have sucked it up and saved more.
In your first post you complained about the changes to the premier status. So yes I did say you pissed and moaned about it and that you do need to suck it up because you can't change it.

Good for you. I never said more. I just suggested you do it. Which if you do then you shouldn't have a problem buying a phone outright at one year. So there shouldn't be any complaining.
MissJennell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 09:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJennell View Post
In your first post you complained about the changes to the premier status. So yes I did say you pissed and moaned about it and that you do need to suck it up because you can't change it.

Good for you. I never said more. I just suggested you do it. Which if you do then you shouldn't have a problem buying a phone outright at one year. So there shouldn't be any complaining.
If you don't think I should have complained then I think we just disagree...
jared.meyering is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 08:40 AM   #29 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 61
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 6
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

I agree with you jared, I'll bitch about it all day I don't care. I have been with sprint for 7 years and never had issues until lately slower 3g which I did complain about and got a credit for, piss poor cs. Then this premier change right before the nw phones hit and not grandfathering their current customers, like att did when they changed their data plan.

before anyone tells me how much I'm saving with sprint, save it I know and to be honest my same plan on verizon it's not horribly more expensive, plus I'll get better cs and coverage so my contracts end I may be switching.
EVO-DROID is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S. St. Louis County, MO
Posts: 172
 
Device(s): HTC EVO
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 54
Thanked 19 Times in 14 Posts
Default

I understand what your view point is on the yearly upgrade. I am on of those people that has to have the newest phones constantly so it was a blow to me as well, but I want to bring up a point that you may not have thought of.

What about next year? So you have it figured out for this year where your going to use your $75 off, but next year do you really think they are going to give you another $50 just to keep you for another year? That would be a pretty bad business model to give 50 to anyone that asked as long as they got high enough.

I agree with most of the people in this thread that I want sprint to stay around. I have been with since my first cell phone and have no intentions of leaving. I would hope that if you have good service you would do the same.
chum1600 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 18th, 2011, 07:07 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 387
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 44
Thanked 88 Times in 66 Posts
Default

I have a feeling when the EVO masses find out their upgrades are gone in June you sprint guys are going to be very busy dealing with whiners. I do think pulling an upgrade is a legitimate gripe and should be dealt with accordingly.

Really if you take care of your phones it makes more sense to sell and buy outright avoiding contracts. with no contract you have much more control over any situation that may come up.
lafester is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2011, 09:07 AM   #32 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chum1600 View Post
What about next year?
As I stated earlier, I would be absolutely fine with the change had they simply grandfathered current customers in. If they change terms when I sign my new contract I wont give a crap.
jared.meyering is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2011, 04:53 PM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 612
 
Device(s): Kids on Evo 4G, Evo Shift, Nexus S 4G, LG Optimus, iPhone 4S, and I use the Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 118
Thanked 228 Times in 126 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared.meyering View Post
As I stated earlier, I would be absolutely fine with the change had they simply grandfathered current customers in. If they change terms when I sign my new contract I wont give a crap.
I, for one, agree with you. I plan on "pissing and moaning" when my one-year comes up in June also.

And you Sprint fans will also be unhappy to know that when Sprint removed my company discount from my other lines, I was the first to "piss and moan" about that illegal act. Yes, Sprint changed my contractual discount mid-contract. And Sprint admitted they did it. If you or I dumped the Sprint contract mid-term, we would all be hit with an early termination fee. But Sprint simply said, "Tough titties, if you want out of the contract, we'll terminate your contract without an ETF."

So the fact is that I have no contract (on my line only) with Sprint now. (They refused to terminate the contracts on the lines that they removed the discount from. Huh?)

Yes, I will call C.S. in June and moan about what they did to me this year while I was under contract: They removed my company discount on all lines but the primary line thus costing me $120 a year, and ended my Premier status eight months after I purchased my Evo phone.

And I will do this with full knowledge that Sprint is the lowest cost carrier out there. It does look like quite a few of you feel that until Sprint charges the same as Verizon, we should just "suck it up" and be happy. I disagree. When a company agrees to a price and services when I sign up for two years, I expect that company to keep to its promises. Sprint needs to have its feet put to the fire for changing plans and policies without at the very least grandfathering those subscribers who relied on these very promises when they signed up.
unplugged1 is offline  
Last edited by unplugged1; April 19th, 2011 at 05:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2011, 12:23 PM   #34 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mid West
Posts: 32
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Seems to me that sticking it to Sprint like this is gonna just make it worse for everyone in the long run. That 50.00 will get eaten up quick when rates are raised due to invalid complaints and credits. Its going to hurt us all.
Ive had Sprint for quite a while and other carriers previous to that. They are all about the same. They are out to make a dollar and we are out to save a dollar, but I wont cheat to do it.
dtchiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dtchiz For This Useful Post:
CarrieK (April 20th, 2011), MissJennell (April 21st, 2011)
Old April 20th, 2011, 12:40 PM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 612
 
Device(s): Kids on Evo 4G, Evo Shift, Nexus S 4G, LG Optimus, iPhone 4S, and I use the Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 118
Thanked 228 Times in 126 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtchiz View Post
They are out to make a dollar and we are out to save a dollar, but I wont cheat to do it.
So who are you suggesting is a "cheat?" Those of us who complain about Sprint admittedly changing the contract mid-term by eliminating an agreed upon discount or those who complain about Sprint eliminating the Premier benefit without grandfathering those who relied upon the benefit when they signed up? Or both?

Or are you just trying to impress us with your self-righteousness?
unplugged1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2011, 01:13 PM   #36 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtchiz View Post
Seems to me that sticking it to Sprint like this is gonna just make it worse for everyone in the long run. That 50.00 will get eaten up quick when rates are raised due to invalid complaints and credits. Its going to hurt us all.
Ive had Sprint for quite a while and other carriers previous to that. They are all about the same. They are out to make a dollar and we are out to save a dollar, but I wont cheat to do it.
Not sure what your definition of "Cheating" is...
jared.meyering is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #37 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mid West
Posts: 32
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Cheating = Taking something unfairly, acquiring something that you are not entitled to, or more simply put whinning till you get money thrown at you.

Its just gonna make your bill, my bill, & every other sprint customers bill increase.

Then to put it on a public Forum and underhandedly suggesting others do the same. So with the volume of readers this forum has lets say hypothetically 5000 users take your approach, hmmmmmm well thats a 1/4 of a million that Sprint is going to have to recover. How do you suppose they are going to do that?
dtchiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2011, 03:01 PM   #38 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mid West
Posts: 32
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Unplugged............Not self righteous, just calling a foul when I see it.

It happens everywhere all day long but that doesnt make it right. I just really dont want my service to become more expensive because someone comes on a Public Forum with a method of whining money out of their carrier.
dtchiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #39 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtchiz View Post
Cheating = or more simply put whinning till you get money thrown at you.
I'm sorry but thats not what cheating is.

I'm also sorry I didn't just take it up the butt like so many. It was a legitimate reason why I signed up with Sprint in the first place, but your right just take it and smile.

.25 mill = .00003% of sprint's 7.78B annual revenue, I'm sure they will be okay, its the price of proper customer service.
jared.meyering is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2011, 03:14 PM   #40 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 612
 
Device(s): Kids on Evo 4G, Evo Shift, Nexus S 4G, LG Optimus, iPhone 4S, and I use the Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 118
Thanked 228 Times in 126 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtchiz View Post
I just really dont want my service to become more expensive...
One of the reasons YOUR service is so cheap is because Sprint changes the rules in mid-contract and screws its customers.

If you want to call justifiably complaining about being screwed "whining", then by all means have at it all day long.

If someone wants to come on this forum and demonstrate to others how to get a small amount back from a company that screws them, then I see absolutely nothing wrong in alerting others on how best to get back a portion of what Sprint took.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion of how to remain a potted plant while a company screws its customers, but I find it offensive for you to sit in judgment and call people cheaters when they complain to Sprint about changing the rules in the middle of the game.
unplugged1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old April 20th, 2011, 03:47 PM   #41 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mid West
Posts: 32
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

If thats all it takes to offend you, daily life must be rough for you, hopefully your life gets easier.
dtchiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2011, 03:51 PM   #42 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtchiz View Post
If thats all it takes to offend you, daily life must be rough for you, hopefully your life gets easier.
Never said I was offended. If you had bothered to my posts you will see that I have never complained about my crappy signal, piss poor 3g speeds or erroneous charges on my bill one cycle.

Sprint premier was a major reason that I am even with sprint today, if it weren't there at the time of my signing... who knows if I would have gone with Sprint. for them to switch it up middle of the deal irked me because they bait and switched....I do not appreciate it.

Go ahead and just take it if you want, maybe premier wasn't a major reason for you being with sprint, maybe you've been with Sprint long enough you've developed a loyalty to the brand, and think they can do no wrong. Thats fine, but don't say I'm cheating the system, I'm asking for proper customer service in response to an awful customer service decision.
jared.meyering is offline  
Last edited by jared.meyering; April 20th, 2011 at 03:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2011, 03:56 PM   #43 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mid West
Posts: 32
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

I wasnt talkin about you being offended jared.
dtchiz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2011, 11:12 AM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
MissJennell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oregon
Gender: Female
Posts: 402
 
Device(s): HTC One, Blackberry Z10, Galaxy Note ll
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 91 Times in 65 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to MissJennell MissJennell@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared.meyering View Post
Never said I was offended. If you had bothered to my posts you will see that I have never complained about my crappy signal, piss poor 3g speeds or erroneous charges on my bill one cycle.

Sprint premier was a major reason that I am even with sprint today, if it weren't there at the time of my signing... who knows if I would have gone with Sprint. for them to switch it up middle of the deal irked me because they bait and switched....I do not appreciate it.

Go ahead and just take it if you want, maybe premier wasn't a major reason for you being with sprint, maybe you've been with Sprint long enough you've developed a loyalty to the brand, and think they can do no wrong. Thats fine, but don't say I'm cheating the system, I'm asking for proper customer service in response to an awful customer service decision.
Then why not switch to a carrier that has better service where you are?
MissJennell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2011, 11:18 AM   #45 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJennell View Post
Then why not switch to a carrier that has better service where you are?
My crappy signal is mostly at work, a minor inconvenience, I'm fine at home. I'm currently "stuck" with Sprint because of the ETF, I signed up because of two reasons a) cost b) because I was assured an early upgrade (This pushed me over the edge). As someone who wants the latest/greatest you can see how this is appealing.

I have considered switching however there are switching costs/hassle. I'm happy I got the $50 credit its done enough to satisfy me in regards to this situation so I'll stick with sprint.

I'm not complaining about my piss poor 3g because I'm not someone who complains about crap like that, however when a company pulls a bait and switch I feel as though I have a legitimate beef.
jared.meyering is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2011, 11:30 AM   #46 (permalink)
From My Cold Dead Hands
 
330D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 2,863
 
Device(s): Googlerola Droid Maxx, Moto Spyder, HTC Knight retired, HTC Hero retired,
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 507
Thanked 780 Times in 517 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtchiz View Post
Seems to me that sticking it to Sprint like this is gonna just make it worse for everyone in the long run. That 50.00 will get eaten up quick when rates are raised due to invalid complaints and credits. Its going to hurt us all.
Ive had Sprint for quite a while and other carriers previous to that. They are all about the same. They are out to make a dollar and we are out to save a dollar, but I wont cheat to do it.
Who's cheating? they changed a policy that many many people switched to Sprint for. And didn't stop advertising said policy until a few months before changing it. I don't think that by trying to get something that they offered you when you signed the contract, then rescinded halfway through the contract is cheating. They are a corporation. You guys are defending their policy like you made it up.... Come on, get serious! We are all here to save some money and get a cool phone out of the deal. If they need to screw with their existing customers to pay the bills they are worse off than we could imagine and we will all have to pick a new carrier soon, anyway.
330D is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 330D For This Useful Post:
jared.meyering (April 21st, 2011)
Old April 21st, 2011, 01:30 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
MissJennell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oregon
Gender: Female
Posts: 402
 
Device(s): HTC One, Blackberry Z10, Galaxy Note ll
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 91 Times in 65 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to MissJennell MissJennell@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared.meyering View Post
My crappy signal is mostly at work, a minor inconvenience, I'm fine at home. I'm currently "stuck" with Sprint because of the ETF, I signed up because of two reasons a) cost b) because I was assured an early upgrade (This pushed me over the edge). As someone who wants the latest/greatest you can see how this is appealing.

I have considered switching however there are switching costs/hassle. I'm happy I got the $50 credit its done enough to satisfy me in regards to this situation so I'll stick with sprint.

I'm not complaining about my piss poor 3g because I'm not someone who complains about crap like that, however when a company pulls a bait and switch I feel as though I have a legitimate beef.
So you won't complain about having bad 3g service which is harder to fix yet you will complain about not getting a phone at upgrade price every year which is easy to reslove? That seems very backwards to me.
MissJennell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2011, 01:37 PM   #48 (permalink)
Junior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 18
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJennell View Post
So you won't complain about having bad 3g service which is harder to fix yet you will complain about not getting a phone at upgrade price every year which is easy to reslove? That seems very backwards to me.
Yes thats correct What would sprint do? apologize about it say there is nothing they can do? A quick scan through most forums will lead you to many many people with crappy 3G speeds on their Evo's...I get good signal usually, sprint's 3g is just sloooooowww....I'm on WiFi alot so its fairly moot, but still annoying for those times I'm not.

Also I think everyone is missing the point, its not "getting a phone upgrade EVERY year" specifically its THIS YEAR, the year that I signed up under the auspices of "Early upgrade" Next year I could care less if they changed it, but they changed it 8 months after I signed on with Sprint for this benefit. If I was told at my next contract signing, "Hey listen the sprint premier program is changing, this go round you wont have the 1yr upgrade" that would be fine.
jared.meyering is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2011, 01:39 PM   #49 (permalink)
From My Cold Dead Hands
 
330D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 2,863
 
Device(s): Googlerola Droid Maxx, Moto Spyder, HTC Knight retired, HTC Hero retired,
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 507
Thanked 780 Times in 517 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissJennell View Post
So you won't complain about having bad 3g service which is harder to fix yet you will complain about not getting a phone at upgrade price every year which is easy to reslove? That seems very backwards to me.
NOT the point of the thread, And he is at work. Do you get paid to use your personal phone? Seriously, What is your beef ? You are jumping this guy for no reason.... His service is fine at home.


Do you work for Sprint? What do you have invested that you feel you need to defend their actions? They pulled a fast one, and it is crappy business as far as I'm concerned. AND YOU CONTINUE TO DEFEND IT?!?!?!
330D is offline  
Last edited by 330D; April 21st, 2011 at 01:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2011, 02:29 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
MissJennell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Oregon
Gender: Female
Posts: 402
 
Device(s): HTC One, Blackberry Z10, Galaxy Note ll
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 41
Thanked 91 Times in 65 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to MissJennell MissJennell@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330D View Post
NOT the point of the thread, And he is at work. Do you get paid to use your personal phone? Seriously, What is your beef ? You are jumping this guy for no reason.... His service is fine at home.


Do you work for Sprint? What do you have invested that you feel you need to defend their actions? They pulled a fast one, and it is crappy business as far as I'm concerned. AND YOU CONTINUE TO DEFEND IT?!?!?!
Well stating my opinion that I think its backwards to be complaining about something that can be very easily fixed by him with very minimul effort and not complaining about something that is not easily fixed by him is not really "jumping this guy". But again that is just my opinon. You are allowed yours just as I am allowed mine. And no I don't get paid to use my personal phone. My personal phone is actually my work phone also. Which I pay for.

I don't work for sprint. I also am not defedning their actions. This 'problem' with the one year upgrades is so easliy resolved that I don't see the point in people going on and on and on about it. Its kinda sensless. If this had been a part of the contract then okay. But since it wasn't a part of the contract at all they are allowed to change it whenever they want. They also sent everybody a letter saying it was changing a few months before it changed. So people knew about it and could make a desicion on what they wanted to do. If because of this or anything else Sprint is no longer the best choice for a person then they should switch to a carrier that is a better choice for them. Sprint isn't the only company and we all have choices. Which I think is a good thing. We can choose what works best for us and what fits our own needs.

But people need something to complain about and focus on so I guess it will continue.....
MissJennell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
sprint premier


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Sprint
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:17 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.