Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Sprint

Like Tree975Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old March 9th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #1901 (permalink)
The PearlyMon
 
EarlyMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Mexico, USA
Posts: 46,370
 
Device(s): M8, LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift - Evo retired
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 42,727
Thanked 57,184 Times in 22,976 Posts
Default Re: Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

Pretty sure that he was saying that Mr. Ed's post proved those guys were posers.

Tommy's a pretty straight shooter.

Advertisements
__________________
|

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Links: Site Rules / Guidelines -and- Zero Tolerance Policy (All Members Read)


For right-on help, the Thanks button is on the right of the post.
For anything out in left field, the /!\ report button is to the left.

Remember, it's our forums and we're all in this together - so let's keep it cool!

Shoot the breeze at the best new gun forum!
EarlyMon is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EarlyMon For This Useful Post:
Tommydaniel (March 10th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old March 9th, 2013, 09:48 PM   #1902 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
 
ScandaLeX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PhiLLy
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,803
 
Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Thanks: 1,160
Thanked 943 Times in 614 Posts
Default Re: Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
Pretty sure that he was saying that Mr. Ed's post proved those guys were posers.

Tommy's a pretty straight shooter.
I thought Tommy was saying it couldn't be under lock & key if there's already cases for it.
__________________
If you've been helped by anyone click THANKS
ScandaLeX is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #1903 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,507
 
Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE/AT&T

Thanks: 4,624
Thanked 1,931 Times in 1,417 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
I thought Tommy was saying it couldn't be under lock & key if there's already cases for it.
That could very well be true,but,if someone leaked the dimension specs to a 2nd year machining apprentice &/or a CNC program writer,it wouldn't be too hard to create the tooling necessary for production.
KOLIO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:10 PM   #1904 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Mr. Ed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Over Yonder
Posts: 6,675
 
Device(s): S3, Evo LTE,Galaxy Note, Skyrocket, Aria, Nook Color Lg thrill,HTC EVO 4g, HTC Inspire,S7 slim,Acer
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,008
Thanked 1,467 Times in 989 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
I think that you misread Tommy's post completely.

If the details are under lock and key, how can a no-name case supplier have cases? Where could they have gotten dimensions or a sample chassis? They couldn't have.
oHHHHHHH...if so my bad

like I said he caught me off guard, so oopsies

man I am so tired.
__________________
I'm back....
Mr. Ed is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:20 PM   #1905 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,507
 
Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE/AT&T

Thanks: 4,624
Thanked 1,931 Times in 1,417 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
oHHHHHHH...if so my bad

like I said he caught me off guard, so oopsies

man I am so tired.
A lot of us are tired,no doubt in part from staying up later than we should,checking the various sources of news for the latest info on HTC/SAMSUNG,etc........

Yours truly GUILTY AS CHARGED

See y'all tomorrow.
mak916 likes this.
KOLIO is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KOLIO For This Useful Post:
Tommydaniel (March 10th, 2013)
Old March 10th, 2013, 03:11 AM   #1906 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,146
 
Device(s): GS3, Photon 4G, 3VO(WiFi ONLY), Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 220
Thanked 271 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
A lot of us are tired,no doubt in part from staying up later than we should,checking the various sources of news for the latest info on HTC/SAMSUNG,etc........

Yours truly GUILTY AS CHARGED

See y'all tomorrow.
I know I have been staying up way too late myself. lol. I always find this time of the year fun.
ScandaLeX and EarlyMon like this.
mak916 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 03:12 AM   #1907 (permalink)
The PearlyMon
 
EarlyMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Mexico, USA
Posts: 46,370
 
Device(s): M8, LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift - Evo retired
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 42,727
Thanked 57,184 Times in 22,976 Posts
Default Re: Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

Me too!
mak916 and ScandaLeX like this.
EarlyMon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #1908 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Tommydaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 845
 
Device(s): Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 498 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
Pretty sure that he was saying that Mr. Ed's post proved those guys were posers.

Tommy's a pretty straight shooter.
Exactly.
Tommydaniel is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommydaniel For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (March 10th, 2013), Mr. Ed (March 11th, 2013)
Old March 10th, 2013, 09:26 AM   #1909 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Tommydaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 845
 
Device(s): Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 498 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
lol...for someone who has followed my past in depth in hand reviews when no one else had a device in hand your posts shock me a little...

when I say "rumored" "supposed" etc you have to read between the lines.





I will also explain (again) that no info I have gathered now or in the past comes from my employer, but my from my friend "Sammy" who is employed by ..well...you know.


correct...the lunchbox device has no spen or spen apps




I can not confirm or deny this information...as that WOULD be Sprint proprietary
You misunderstood. But I think Early did a great job clarifying for me.
Mr. Ed and KOLIO like this.
Tommydaniel is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommydaniel For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (March 10th, 2013), KOLIO (March 10th, 2013), Mr. Ed (March 11th, 2013)
Old March 10th, 2013, 09:30 AM   #1910 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Tommydaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 845
 
Device(s): Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 498 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
I think that you misread Tommy's post completely.

If the details are under lock and key, how can a no-name case supplier have cases? Where could they have gotten dimensions or a sample chassis? They couldn't have.
Ding, ding, ding.
KOLIO likes this.
Tommydaniel is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommydaniel For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (March 10th, 2013)
sponsored links
Old March 10th, 2013, 09:37 AM   #1911 (permalink)
The PearlyMon
 
EarlyMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Mexico, USA
Posts: 46,370
 
Device(s): M8, LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift - Evo retired
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 42,727
Thanked 57,184 Times in 22,976 Posts
Default Re: Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

Happy Daylight Savings Time day!
EarlyMon is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EarlyMon For This Useful Post:
Tommydaniel (March 10th, 2013)
Old March 10th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #1912 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Tommydaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 845
 
Device(s): Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 498 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
Happy Daylight Savings Time day!
Can I have my lost hour back now please? lol
Tommydaniel is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommydaniel For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (March 10th, 2013)
Old March 10th, 2013, 10:17 AM   #1913 (permalink)
The PearlyMon
 
EarlyMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Mexico, USA
Posts: 46,370
 
Device(s): M8, LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift - Evo retired
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 42,727
Thanked 57,184 Times in 22,976 Posts
Default Re: Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

I'm keeping it until we get more device info, sorry!
EarlyMon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 10:42 AM   #1914 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Tommydaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 845
 
Device(s): Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 498 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
I'm keeping it until we get more device info, sorry!
So I should expect to get my hour back on Thursday then lol
Tommydaniel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #1915 (permalink)
The PearlyMon
 
EarlyMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Mexico, USA
Posts: 46,370
 
Device(s): M8, LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift - Evo retired
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 42,727
Thanked 57,184 Times in 22,976 Posts
Default Re: Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommydaniel View Post
So I should expect to get my hour back on Thursday then lol
Umm, assuming that's the device info needed, sure. I mean, absolutely.

If nothing else, I'm looking forward to the final SoLux word.
Tommydaniel and ScandaLeX like this.
EarlyMon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #1916 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Tommydaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 845
 
Device(s): Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 498 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
Umm, assuming that's the device info needed, sure. I mean, absolutely.

If nothing else, I'm looking forward to the final SoLux word.
Well, right now it is lol.
Tommydaniel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2013, 11:05 PM   #1917 (permalink)
Member
 
RobAGD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 144
 
Device(s): Samsung Note 2 - Sprint - Rooted SynergyRom r83, HTC Evo 4G - Sprint Rooted Stock Rom, HTC Hero -
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 16
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Still hoping for an HTC competitor to the Note 2

:/

-R
RobAGD is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 07:56 AM   #1918 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,146
 
Device(s): GS3, Photon 4G, 3VO(WiFi ONLY), Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 220
Thanked 271 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Someone posted on this Chinese site what is supposed to be pictures of the GS4.
全网独家首发么?三星Galaxy S4定制版真机实拍图片 (最后更新3月11日15:30) - 三星Galaxy S IV讨论专区 - 三星手机论坛 - SAMSUNG

Here is an English version.
http://www.androidcentral.com/alleged-chinese-galaxy-s4-variant-photos-appear-online

Notice these pictures do not match the so called leaked cases for the GS4.
mak916 is offline  
Last edited by mak916; March 11th, 2013 at 08:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:03 AM   #1919 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Orion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 1,623
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus and LG G Pad 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 378
Thanked 501 Times in 322 Posts
Default

Some rumors for the "X Phone"........

Is this our first tangible look at the Motorola X Phone?
Orion is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #1920 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,049
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,394
Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default Re: Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
Someone posted on this Chinese site what is supposed to be pictures of the GS4.
全网独家首发么?三星Galaxy S4定制版真机实拍图片 (最后更新3月11日15:30) - 三星Galaxy S IV讨论专区 - 三星手机论坛 - SAMSUNG

Here is an English version.
http://www.androidcentral.com/alleged-chinese-galaxy-s4-variant-photos-appear-online

Notice these pictures do not match the so called leaked cases for the GS4.

I like how that looks, even if it may not be final release. The back looks to be white with speckled black flecks. Same color as the kid's tie in the teaser videos and he does mention that the phone is his favorite color when he peaks in the box again.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
Some rumors for the "X Phone"........

Is this our first tangible look at the Motorola X Phone?
I am liking the rumors about the x phone. I do miss Motorola's strong radios. I am glad I am not upgrade eligible until 2014. This year is going to be even tougher to decide, based on all the leaked and announced phones.

Posted from my G-Note II.
__________________
Love the G-Note series!
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 11th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #1921 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Tommydaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 845
 
Device(s): Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 498 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
I like how that looks, even if it may not be final release. The back looks to be white with speckled black flecks. Same color as the kid's tie in the teaser videos and he does mention that the phone is his favorite color when he peaks in the box again.
The back reminds me of the background on the event poster.

Tommydaniel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #1922 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,049
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,394
Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommydaniel View Post
The back reminds me of the background on the event poster.

Yeah, it does. Good point, Tommy. They seem to be taking some styling points from what LG did with the Optimus G and Nexus 4.
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #1923 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Orion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 1,623
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus and LG G Pad 10.1
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 378
Thanked 501 Times in 322 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommydaniel View Post
The back reminds me of the background on the event poster.

I noticed it says episode 1. So episode 2 is Note 3?
mak916 and EarlyMon like this.
Orion is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #1924 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Tommydaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 845
 
Device(s): Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 498 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
I noticed it says episode 1. So episode 2 is Note 3?
Yeah, they have had multiple unpacked events labeled Episode 1, 2, etc. for the past few years.
Tommydaniel is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommydaniel For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (March 11th, 2013)
Old March 12th, 2013, 01:10 AM   #1925 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,146
 
Device(s): GS3, Photon 4G, 3VO(WiFi ONLY), Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 220
Thanked 271 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Here is part of an actual picture of the GS4. Looks like the pictures we saw earlier. Samsung officially gives us our first REAL glimpse of the Galaxy S4?
mak916 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mak916 For This Useful Post:
dan330 (March 12th, 2013), EarlyMon (March 12th, 2013), falconey (March 12th, 2013)
Old March 12th, 2013, 01:20 AM   #1926 (permalink)
The PearlyMon
 
EarlyMon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Mexico, USA
Posts: 46,370
 
Device(s): M8, LTEvo, 3vo, and Shift - Evo retired
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 42,727
Thanked 57,184 Times in 22,976 Posts
Default Re: Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
Here is part of an actual picture of the GS4. Looks like the pictures we saw earlier. Samsung officially gives us our first REAL glimpse of the Galaxy S4?
I enjoyed Tommy's chat with Chris in the comments.
Tommydaniel and drexappeal like this.
EarlyMon is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EarlyMon For This Useful Post:
Tommydaniel (March 12th, 2013)
Old March 12th, 2013, 05:53 AM   #1927 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,453
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,430
Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,077 Posts
Default

2 more days until the GS4 unveiling. To be honest, I don't really care what the phone looks like. I just want to know what kind of hardware it is packing.
marctronixx and Rush like this.
__________________
I talk to corporate like a BAWSS!

DEVICE ► Nexus 5 / Nexus 7
ROM ► Dirty Unicorns
KERNEL ► Stock / ElementalX
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 10:14 AM   #1928 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,928
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,743
Thanked 1,987 Times in 1,543 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
Here is part of an actual picture of the GS4. Looks like the pictures we saw earlier. Samsung officially gives us our first REAL glimpse of the Galaxy S4?

that looks a lot like the s3...
__________________
Later,
Dan

DropBox: register for free space (we both get 500MB extra space): http://db.tt/sWYVl3j6
dan330 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 10:58 AM   #1929 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Tommydaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 845
 
Device(s): Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 498 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlyMon View Post
I enjoyed Tommy's chat with Chris in the comments.
You caught that? haha Here's the picture. They used a generic image of the S3.
EarlyMon likes this.
Tommydaniel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #1930 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,146
 
Device(s): GS3, Photon 4G, 3VO(WiFi ONLY), Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 220
Thanked 271 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommydaniel View Post
You caught that? haha Here's the picture. They used a generic image of the S3.
It does look like the same picture but without the speaker on top.
mak916 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 12th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #1931 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,049
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,394
Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default

I actually like the color on the back cover:

Video shows off Samsung Galaxy S4 ahead of launch, possibly Chinese dual-SIM variant
mak916 likes this.
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #1932 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,049
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,394
Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default

Doh!...Oh, HTC...definitely not helping themselves:
HTC One delayed until March 29th
KOLIO likes this.
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
falconey (March 12th, 2013), KOLIO (March 12th, 2013)
Old March 12th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #1933 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,507
 
Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE/AT&T

Thanks: 4,624
Thanked 1,931 Times in 1,417 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Doh!...Oh, HTC...definitely not helping themselves:
HTC One delayed until March 29th
Even if this "delay" (an official date was never publicly announced by HTC) pans out to be accurate,I wouldn't imagine it hurting too much,provided the delay isn't extended beyond a couple of weeks.I suspect most of the general public were awaiting the SGS IV to be revealed before making a decision one way or the other.

Those favoring HTC are going to get this phone w/or w/o a delay,just as those that are in the camps of SAMSUNG,LG,etc.,will do likewise.

The one thing that would help HTC is if they'd get in front of this & establish some hard release dates,even if they don't cover every market.Best to get these things out of the way early & a couple months from now,no one will give it a 2nd thought.

I'm guessing that HTC is waiting for production of the camera parts,etc. to catch up before making such an announcement.

Who knows,perhaps they're playing possum until 3/14-3/15 & will attempt to steal some of SAMSUNG'S thunder immediately following the SGS IV unveiling events.

For their sake,I hope this is the case.
KOLIO is offline  
Last edited by KOLIO; March 12th, 2013 at 02:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #1934 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,146
 
Device(s): GS3, Photon 4G, 3VO(WiFi ONLY), Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 220
Thanked 271 Times in 211 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
I don't know if you have seen the new teaser video , but I noticed there was alot of black and white in the video. The kids tie was black and white, his curtains in his room, and his mom gave him some Oreo cookies. The phone in this video is black or dark color on the front and white, or cream color on the back. So this video could be a picture of the real thing. I guess we will soon see.
drexappeal likes this.
mak916 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #1935 (permalink)
{<>}~{<>}
 
Rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Loganville, GA
Gender: Male
Posts: 18,664
 
Device(s): HTC One M7 / HTC One M8
Carrier: Sprint One

Thanks: 2,927
Thanked 3,165 Times in 2,380 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCHitman1 View Post
2 more days until the GS4 unveiling. To be honest, I don't really care what the phone looks like. I just want to know what kind of hardware it is packing.
I concur.

I already have my eye on the HTC One.
[HTC all the way.]
__________________
"Accept the things you cannot change, have the courage to change the things you can ...And have the Wisdom to know the difference".


Rush is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #1936 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,049
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,394
Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
I don't know if you have seen the new teaser video , but I noticed there was alot of black and white in the video. The kids tie was black and white, his curtains in his room, and his mom gave him some Oreo cookies. The phone in this video is black or dark color on the front and white, or cream color on the back. So this video could be a picture of the real thing. I guess we will soon see.
Yup. I noticed that too.
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #1937 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,049
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,394
Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
Even if this "delay" (an official date was never publicly announced by HTC) pans out to be accurate,I wouldn't imagine it hurting too much,provided the delay isn't extended beyond a couple of weeks.I suspect most of the general public were awaiting the SGS IV to be revealed before making a decision one way or the other.

Those favoring HTC are going to get this phone w/or w/o a delay,just as those that are in the camps of SAMSUNG,LG,etc.,will do likewise.

The one thing that would help HTC is if they'd get in front of this & establish some hard release dates,even if they don't cover every market.Best to get these things out of the way early & a couple months from now,no one will give it a 2nd thought.

I'm guessing that HTC is waiting for production of the camera parts,etc. to catch up before making such an announcement.

Who knows,perhaps they're playing possum until 3/14-3/15 & will attempt to steal some of SAMSUNG'S thunder immediately following the SGS IV unveiling events.

For their sake,I hope this is the case.
Agree, bro. I can't see it hurting that much, especially since the general consumer wouldn't even know, but if the phone ends up being high in demand, but they have issues keeping up with supply like past Evo's...that won't help them make up some ground in gaining back popularity.
KOLIO likes this.
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to drexappeal For This Useful Post:
KOLIO (March 12th, 2013)
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #1938 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 10,049
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), LG G3 Sprint (Gold), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,394
Thanked 2,837 Times in 1,918 Posts
Default

Not sure if this will play a factor for anybody, but wanted to be sure everyone saw the article:

Report: International Galaxy S4 to feature Exynos 5 Octa, US gets Snapdragon 600

Who will be okay with the Snapdragon 600 instead of the Exynos 5 octa?
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #1939 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,453
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,430
Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,077 Posts
Default Re: Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Not sure if this will play a factor for anybody, but wanted to be sure everyone saw the article:

Report: International Galaxy S4 to feature Exynos 5 Octa, US gets Snapdragon 600

Who will be okay with the Snapdragon 600 instead of the Exynos 5 octa?
Fine by me. Sure, I wanted to try out an Exynos chipset, but at the same time I haven't had any issues with my S3 on Krait S4 either.
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #1940 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
rpstrongbad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 39
 
Device(s): Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

I think an octa core would be a little much haha
rpstrongbad is online now  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:02 PM   #1941 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,507
 
Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE/AT&T

Thanks: 4,624
Thanked 1,931 Times in 1,417 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpstrongbad View Post
I think an octa core would be a little much haha
^^^^
This same sentiment used to pop-up about any phone w/a screen size over 4". Now look where we are less than 2 years later.

I'm glad companies such as SAMSUNG are going beyond offering minimal incremental changes from each model & listening to what the buying public wants.
KOLIO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #1942 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
rpstrongbad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 39
 
Device(s): Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
^^^^
This same sentiment used to pop-up about any phone w/a screen size over 4". Now look where we are less than 2 years later.

I'm glad companies such as SAMSUNG are going beyond offering minimal incremental changes from each model & listening to what the buying public wants.
True, but I was thinking balancing that against the current battery tech.. might need a huge battery, pluss it might melt your hand when playing a game haha.. might have active cooling lol
KOLIO likes this.
rpstrongbad is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #1943 (permalink)
Member
 
bearballz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 240
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy SIII, Lenovo Thinkpad tablet, Apple Ipad 2, Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 51
Thanked 73 Times in 56 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Not sure if this will play a factor for anybody, but wanted to be sure everyone saw the article:

Report: International Galaxy S4 to feature Exynos 5 Octa, US gets Snapdragon 600

Who will be okay with the Snapdragon 600 instead of the Exynos 5 octa?

Yeah that's been the rumor for a while now. I read that it has to do with the LTE radios/networks here in the US . They did this for the S3, so it's not a big surprise.

Hopefully we'll see it in the Note 3?
bearballz is offline  
Last edited by bearballz; March 13th, 2013 at 12:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:35 PM   #1944 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,507
 
Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE/AT&T

Thanks: 4,624
Thanked 1,931 Times in 1,417 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpstrongbad View Post
True, but I was thinking balancing that against the current battery tech.. might need a huge battery, pluss it might melt your hand when playing a game haha.. might have active cooling lol
Battery life has actually got better,even w/the increased speeds & screen sizes, but I get your point.

Battery life is an area that I wish more attention was paid to. If given a choice, I'd take more battery life over any further speed/size increases.
KOLIO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #1945 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
rpstrongbad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 39
 
Device(s): Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
Battery life has actually got better,even w/the increased speeds & screen sizes, but I get your point.

Battery life is an area that I wish more attention was paid to. If given a choice, I'd take more battery life over any further speed/size increases.
Yeah no doubt. For me the battery needs to last a good solid day of use... most of the speed upgrades, the only thing that benefits at this point are games and benchmarks. Not that I'm against the bleeding edge, but there is a point of diminished returns
KOLIO likes this.
rpstrongbad is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #1946 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,507
 
Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE/AT&T

Thanks: 4,624
Thanked 1,931 Times in 1,417 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpstrongbad View Post
Yeah no doubt. For me the battery needs to last a good solid day of use... most of the speed upgrades, the only thing that benefits at this point are games and benchmarks. Not that I'm against the bleeding edge, but there is a point of diminished returns
^^^^^
+1 THIS

Perhaps MOTOROLA is lurking in the shadows w/the rumored MOTO X,for ALL markets & carriers,w/the following:

HTC build quality/hardware,a la the ONE

SAMSUNG software (w/the option to turn off individual features as desired)

MOTOROLA battery life
KOLIO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 01:20 PM   #1947 (permalink)
Wasn't Me
 
ScandaLeX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PhiLLy
Gender: Female
Posts: 3,803
 
Device(s): NOTE II
Carrier: The NOW Network

Thanks: 1,160
Thanked 943 Times in 614 Posts
Default Re: Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
^^^^^
+1 THIS

Perhaps MOTOROLA is lurking in the shadows w/the rumored MOTO X,for ALL markets & carriers,w/the following:

HTC build quality/hardware,a la the ONE

SAMSUNG software (w/the option to turn off individual features as desired)

MOTOROLA battery life
Wishful thinking?
KOLIO likes this.
ScandaLeX is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #1948 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
rpstrongbad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 39
 
Device(s): Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

Would make a beast of a phone though haha
KOLIO likes this.
rpstrongbad is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #1949 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,507
 
Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO FIND 7 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE/AT&T

Thanks: 4,624
Thanked 1,931 Times in 1,417 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScandaLeX View Post
Wishful thinking?
We'll be finding out soon enough,as new model release season gets into full swing in the coming weeks......

Truth is,planned obsolescence will probably rule the day,w/battery life taking a back seat once again.

Battery life will no doubt be better on all models,but,most likely not to the point of what people want or expect.
rpstrongbad likes this.
KOLIO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #1950 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
rpstrongbad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 39
 
Device(s): Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 5
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default Re: Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

I just think back to the days of my old flip phone lasting 4 days or more on a single charge hah
rpstrongbad is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rpstrongbad For This Useful Post:
kct1975 (March 24th, 2013)
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Sprint
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.