Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Sprint

Find everything you need for the Galaxy S5 and discuss it in our S5 forum!
Have you seen that OnePlus One's awesome camera?? The forum is over here!

Like Tree975Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 15th, 2012, 01:50 PM   #401 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,079
 
Device(s): GS3, Photon 4G, 3VO(WiFi ONLY), Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 211
Thanked 266 Times in 206 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJameson2010 View Post
Does anyone know if Sprint will ever carry the Samsung Note?
I'm still trying to find this out myself. My wife wants one. I like the phone also but it is a little too big for me. Also from what I hear there should be a Note 2 by the end of the year.

mak916 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 15th, 2012, 02:04 PM   #402 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wilmington DE USA
Gender: Female
Posts: 330
 
Device(s): Note 2 w/ T-Mobile
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 48
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Default

I have a Epic Touch right now, but would love something just a little bit bigger... Especially since I've been recently addicted to the Kindle app I wonder if I get one on ebay and root it can I activate it on Sprint?
JAJameson2010 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 02:49 PM   #403 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Tommydaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 845
 
Device(s): Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 498 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJameson2010 View Post
Does anyone know if Sprint will ever carry the Samsung Note?
Rumors, but not a single confirmation or real sign of it.
Tommydaniel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #404 (permalink)
Gun for Hire
 
NYCHitman1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,243
 
Device(s): Nexus 5
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 1,400
Thanked 1,439 Times in 978 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAJameson2010 View Post
I have a Epic Touch right now, but would love something just a little bit bigger... Especially since I've been recently addicted to the Kindle app I wonder if I get one on ebay and root it can I activate it on Sprint?
Nope. It's only available for GSM networks right now. If you want to use it like it's a WiFi only tablet, go ahead.
__________________
I talk to corporate like a BAWSS!

DEVICE ► Nexus 5 / Nexus 7
ROM ► Dirty Unicorns
KERNEL ► Franco / Glitch
NYCHitman1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #405 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wilmington DE USA
Gender: Female
Posts: 330
 
Device(s): Note 2 w/ T-Mobile
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 48
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Thanks! Sounds like I'll just have to be patient.
JAJameson2010 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #406 (permalink)
AF's janitor
 
twospirits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,990
 
Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 5,205
Thanked 4,636 Times in 1,730 Posts
twospirits411@gmail.com
Default

Mark my words, Sprint will not get the current Galaxy Note, but will get the 2nd generation of it. Now when that will be or the name it will carry is anyones guess, but I think Dec 2012-Feb 2013 is my theory and dare I say it, Galaxy Nexus Note for the name.

TS
__________________
Members, want to make this place better, just ask the staff. Remember, the "No' is always there, you are just looking for the "Yes". and please read the guidelines, otherwise you may end up in Banlandia.

Google + and twitter user.
Click below for image/list of devices...



twospirits is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to twospirits For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (May 18th, 2012), JAJameson2010 (May 18th, 2012), mak916 (May 18th, 2012)
Old May 18th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #407 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Wilmington DE USA
Gender: Female
Posts: 330
 
Device(s): Note 2 w/ T-Mobile
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 48
Thanked 22 Times in 21 Posts
Default

Even predicting the name! LOL Impressive
JAJameson2010 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:26 PM   #408 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,079
 
Device(s): GS3, Photon 4G, 3VO(WiFi ONLY), Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 211
Thanked 266 Times in 206 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits View Post
Mark my words, Sprint will not get the current Galaxy Note, but will get the 2nd generation of it. Now when that will be or the name it will carry is anyones guess, but I think Dec 2012-Feb 2013 is my theory and dare I say it, Galaxy Nexus Note for the name.

TS
At this point I don't think it would be good for Sprint to get the first Note. I have heard rumors that the Note 2 will be out in Dec. If that is true, Sprint should wait. But who knows with Sprint? Sprint should have skipped this last Nexus and went for the next one. I like the thought of a Galaxy Nexus Note. That would be a killer device!
mak916 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #409 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Connecticut
Gender: Male
Posts: 182
 
Device(s): HTC EVO, Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 18
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I'm waiting for the Samsung galaxy S3 on sprint.
SubaruB4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 08:42 PM   #410 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Orion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 1,479
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 353
Thanked 464 Times in 294 Posts
Default

A Nexus Note would be unbelievable.
Orion is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 18th, 2012, 09:52 PM   #411 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ArmageddonX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arizona, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,538
 
Device(s): Nexus5 - Nexus10
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 369
Thanked 840 Times in 417 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
A Nexus Note would be unbelievable.
Don't tease me like that... That'd be my dream come true! Especially if they upped the size to 6 or 7 inches.

~ ArmyX
__________________
Note that thoughts expressed here are merely my personal opinions and will hopefully
share my thoughts on the matter to stimulate a respectful discussion.
"There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the latter ignorance." ~ Hippocrates
"If anyone's head is acting an antenna, seek help or wear tin foil." ~ EarlyMon
ArmageddonX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 10:17 PM   #412 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phoenix
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,233
 
Device(s): EVO LTE & EVO 4G & Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,961
Thanked 881 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmageddonX View Post
Don't tease me like that... That'd be my dream come true! Especially if they upped the size to 6 or 7 inches.

~ ArmyX
You would really want a 7 inch phone?
BenChase7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2012, 11:45 PM   #413 (permalink)
live~laugh~love
 
damewolf13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AZ
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,091
 
Device(s): White Samsung Galaxy Note 2 AT&T, Black Samsung Galaxy S4 VZW, White Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T
Carrier: AT&T and Verizon

Thanks: 5,438
Thanked 2,667 Times in 1,393 Posts
Default

Yeah, I love my Note, but I don't think I would, if it was much larger than it is.
damewolf13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #414 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phoenix
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,233
 
Device(s): EVO LTE & EVO 4G & Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,961
Thanked 881 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by damewolf13 View Post
Yeah, I love my Note, but I don't think I would, if it was much larger than it is.
Yea, I think the Note is pushing it on the size factor. Personally, its way too big for me, but I can see how some may like it. Anything more and I wouldnt even consider it for a daily "phone."
BenChase7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 01:42 AM   #415 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,079
 
Device(s): GS3, Photon 4G, 3VO(WiFi ONLY), Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 211
Thanked 266 Times in 206 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmageddonX View Post
Don't tease me like that... That'd be my dream come true! Especially if they upped the size to 6 or 7 inches.

~ ArmyX
That would be a tablet with a phone on it. For me that would be too big.
mak916 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 08:00 AM   #416 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Orion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 1,479
 
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 353
Thanked 464 Times in 294 Posts
Default

5.3 is definitely the limit I would go.
Orion is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #417 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ArmageddonX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Arizona, USA
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,538
 
Device(s): Nexus5 - Nexus10
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 369
Thanked 840 Times in 417 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChase7 View Post
You would really want a 7 inch phone?
Absolutely! I rarely use my phone for actual phone calls & when I do I use a headset anyway. So yeah! I'd love a 7" or even a 10" tablet that had phone call capability.

In-fact, this is kind of what I'm waiting for. I'll probably keep my Evo3D until something like this comes out. Either a Galaxy Note 2 or a new 7" or 10" HD resolution tablet that has text and calls capability.

~ ArmyX
SamuraiBigEd likes this.
ArmageddonX is offline  
Last edited by ArmageddonX; May 20th, 2012 at 12:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 02:36 PM   #418 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Tommydaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 845
 
Device(s): Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 498 Times in 284 Posts
Default

So here's a question we haven't discussed. What do you think Sprint and Sammy will do to differentiate their GS3 from the EVO? The Epic got a keyboard, the Epic Touch got a larger screen.

The current EVO and GS3 are going to be almost the same internally. You think anything will change? Larger screen? Bigger MP camera? Stylus support ala Note?
Tommydaniel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 03:39 PM   #419 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
PyroSporker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,517
 
Device(s):
Carrier: ):

Thanks: 770
Thanked 1,108 Times in 608 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommydaniel View Post
So here's a question we haven't discussed. What do you think Sprint and Sammy will do to differentiate their GS3 from the EVO? The Epic got a keyboard, the Epic Touch got a larger screen.

The current EVO and GS3 are going to be almost the same internally. You think anything will change? Larger screen? Bigger MP camera? Stylus support ala Note?
They will wrap it in bacon, 'cuz everyone knows bacon makes things better.
PattiCakeUS likes this.
PyroSporker is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PyroSporker For This Useful Post:
twospirits (June 2nd, 2012)
Old May 25th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #420 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 9,291
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,044
Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts
Default

Lg's ls970 looks like it'll be a beast and the ls860 might be the only full qwerty slider, unless motorola decides to release one too or the speculation about the next photon being a qwerty phone come true.

Here's the LS860 leaked pic
http://www.unwiredview.com/2012/05/25/lg-ls860-gets-pictured-again-leaked-specs-confirm-dual-core-qualcomm-snapdragon-s4-cpu-and-nfc/

According to the specs, it'll be as thin as the Photon, which isn't thick at all.
__________________
Love the G-Note series!
drexappeal is online now  
Last edited by drexappeal; May 25th, 2012 at 08:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 25th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #421 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,079
 
Device(s): GS3, Photon 4G, 3VO(WiFi ONLY), Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 211
Thanked 266 Times in 206 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommydaniel View Post
So here's a question we haven't discussed. What do you think Sprint and Sammy will do to differentiate their GS3 from the EVO? The Epic got a keyboard, the Epic Touch got a larger screen.

The current EVO and GS3 are going to be almost the same internally. You think anything will change? Larger screen? Bigger MP camera? Stylus support ala Note?
I don't think they need to do anything to differentiate the two. Internally, yes they are similar, but externally they appear quite different. I really hope Sprint does not change the GS3 much. If they do, a kickstand and a dedicated camera button would be nice. lol. Of course that would would make it too much like the LTEvo.
PattiCakeUS likes this.
mak916 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 08:49 PM   #422 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,079
 
Device(s): GS3, Photon 4G, 3VO(WiFi ONLY), Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 211
Thanked 266 Times in 206 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Lg's ls970 looks like it'll be a beast and the ls860 might be the only full qwerty slider, unless motorola decides to release one too or the speculation about the next photon being a qwerty phone come true.

Here's the LS860 leaked pic
http://www.techinvestornews.com/Mobile/Latest-Mobile-News/lg-ls860-gets-pictured-again-leaked-specs-confirm-dual-core-qualcomm-snapdr

According to the specs, it'll be as thin as the Photon, which isn't thick at all.
Maybe its my computer, but the link you gave does not work for me. I did find another link that worked for me.

LG’s LS860 Cayenne Provides a QWERTY Option to the LG Viper | WirelessGround.com Blog
mak916 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mak916 For This Useful Post:
drexappeal (May 25th, 2012)
Old May 25th, 2012, 08:56 PM   #423 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 9,291
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,044
Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
Maybe its my computer, but the link you gave does not work for me. I did find another link that worked for me.

LGs LS860 Cayenne Provides a QWERTY Option to the LG Viper | WirelessGround.com Blog
Wasn't just you. Thanks. Original one stopped working, so I switched it.
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2012, 09:02 PM   #424 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9,624
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,697
Thanked 1,939 Times in 1,502 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroSporker View Post
They will wrap it in bacon, 'cuz everyone knows bacon makes things better.

you can even put it in a salad.. a salad!!
__________________
Later,
Dan

DropBox: register for free space (we both get 500MB extra space): http://db.tt/sWYVl3j6
dan330 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dan330 For This Useful Post:
PyroSporker (May 26th, 2012)
Old May 25th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #425 (permalink)
Member
 
simcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oakland, CA
Gender: Male
Posts: 430
 
Device(s): HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 495
Thanked 160 Times in 107 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
I don't think they need to do anything to differentiate the two. Internally, yes they are similar, but externally they appear quite different. I really hope Sprint does not change the GS3 much. If they do, a kickstand and a dedicated camera button would be nice. lol. Of course that would would make it too much like the LTEvo.
The EL TEvo is an HTC. The GS3 is a Samsung. They're extremely different because one company makes quality phones and the other one makes... It doesn't matter how much they change the GS3. It will still be a Samsung and I would never ever seriously consider another Samsung phone ever again.
__________________
Happy LTEvo owner. When do I get to play music with everyone?
simcha is offline  
Last edited by simcha; May 26th, 2012 at 03:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 01:14 AM   #426 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,079
 
Device(s): GS3, Photon 4G, 3VO(WiFi ONLY), Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 211
Thanked 266 Times in 206 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcha View Post
The EL TEvo is an HTC. The GS3 is a Samsung. They're extremely different because one company makes quality phones and ther other one makes... It doesn't matter how much they change the GS3. It will still be a Samsung and I would never ever seriously consider another Samsung phone ever again.
I use to think like that about Samsung. I'm not saying they are all that great. I have never owned a Samsung smart phone. But I have heard very good things about them as of late so I am willing to give them a try. I use to be an HTC fanboy, but they just don't meet my needs this year. I hear people complain about every phone. A person has to decide for themselves what phone will work for them or not. So we will see if I agree with you if get the GS3.
mak916 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mak916 For This Useful Post:
Tommydaniel (May 26th, 2012)
Old May 26th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #427 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Tommydaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 845
 
Device(s): Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 498 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcha View Post
The EL TEvo is an HTC. The GS3 is a Samsung. They're extremely different because one company makes quality phones and the other one makes... It doesn't matter how much they change the GS3. It will still be a Samsung and I would never ever seriously consider another Samsung phone ever again.
I have read about people having just as many issues with HTC devices as some do with Samsung. Also, if Samsung made such a horrible product they wouldn't continuously selling like crazy.
PattiCakeUS likes this.
Tommydaniel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #428 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 495
 
Device(s): EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 13
Thanked 150 Times in 85 Posts
Default

You're obviously a Sammy homer. So why do you hang out in the LTEvo thread so much? Don't take that as be bagging on you either. Everyone has their favorite manufacturer. I've been burned by Sammy too many times. So much so I will no longer buy their tv's and I was a Samsung tv only kind of guy for a while. As far as the Note I wouldnt touch it if they gave it to me for free. I had it on AT&T and regretted it. I loved the size but the phone and UI had many flaws. Plus TouchWiz is horrendous and over powering. Now that Sammy has a flash counter and numerous other things to make root harder and keep proof that youve rooted in the past it's impossible for customers to get Sammy or carriers to fix any issues with the device.

Samsung sales are better in many other countries than the US. That's why they have such high sale numbers.
JMac202 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #429 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Tommydaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 845
 
Device(s): Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 498 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac202 View Post
You're obviously a Sammy homer. So why do you hang out in the LTEvo thread so much? Don't take that as be bagging on you either. Everyone has their favorite manufacturer. I've been burned by Sammy too many times. So much so I will no longer buy their tv's and I was a Samsung tv only kind of guy for a while. As far as the Note I wouldnt touch it if they gave it to me for free. I had it on AT&T and regretted it. I loved the size but the phone and UI had many flaws. Plus TouchWiz is horrendous and over powering. Now that Sammy has a flash counter and numerous other things to make root harder and keep proof that youve rooted in the past it's impossible for customers to get Sammy or carriers to fix any issues with the device.

Samsung sales are better in many other countries than the US. That's why they have such high sale numbers.
Oh please do not try and through a "you're a fanboy" claim because I bring up valid points. I have already pointed out in the EVO thread that I haven't decided on what phone I will be getting next. It will be the EVO or GS3.

My last two phones were Sammy, but comparably HTC didn't have anything that enticed me coming to Sprint. I didn't want 3D and a crappy camera. I had the EVO but ended up going for the Epic mainly for the screen, the better camera, and battery life.

Certain things are more important to certain people. For what I need my phone for I have had zero issues with the Epic Touch. It takes great pictures, runs smooth and lag free, the screen is bright and vibrant, GPS locks just fine for me. So Because I haven't had any issues it must mean I am a fanboy? Get real dude. Every phone has issues, it's a fact.

Rooting a Samsung phone is easier than any of the manufacturers. The GS3 was already rooted....WEEKS ago. I have read that how HTC handles the S-On, S-Off it doesn't allow for a great as control as other manufacturers.

It's fine if you don't like Samsung, but don't try to put me or someone else in a box because they have valid points that you don't want to accept.
Tommydaniel is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommydaniel For This Useful Post:
twospirits (June 2nd, 2012)
Old May 26th, 2012, 05:24 PM   #430 (permalink)
live~laugh~love
 
damewolf13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: AZ
Gender: Female
Posts: 4,091
 
Device(s): White Samsung Galaxy Note 2 AT&T, Black Samsung Galaxy S4 VZW, White Samsung Galaxy S4 AT&T
Carrier: AT&T and Verizon

Thanks: 5,438
Thanked 2,667 Times in 1,393 Posts
Default

I have had, and do have both Samsung, and HTC phones, and there are qualities I like better about one over the other, but when all is said and done, they both USUALLY produce quality products. It is just a personal preference about which one suits someone better than the other.
damewolf13 is offline  
Last edited by damewolf13; June 10th, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to damewolf13 For This Useful Post:
PattiCakeUS (June 1st, 2012), twospirits (June 2nd, 2012)
sponsored links
Old June 1st, 2012, 09:53 PM   #431 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phoenix
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,233
 
Device(s): EVO LTE & EVO 4G & Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,961
Thanked 881 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Galaxy S III coming soon??

Galaxy S3 Inside Sprint Now
BenChase7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BenChase7 For This Useful Post:
polishhammer83 (June 2nd, 2012), twospirits (June 2nd, 2012)
Old June 1st, 2012, 10:17 PM   #432 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Tommydaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 845
 
Device(s): Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 498 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChase7 View Post
Galaxy S III coming soon??

Galaxy S3 Inside Sprint Now
Saw that, wondering how long between the time those show up to when they are active..
Tommydaniel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 10:48 PM   #433 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phoenix
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,233
 
Device(s): EVO LTE & EVO 4G & Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,961
Thanked 881 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Looks nice

http://i.imgur.com/tCKcO.png

Another shot:
http://i.imgur.com/PfPHN.png
BenChase7 is offline  
Last edited by BenChase7; June 1st, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BenChase7 For This Useful Post:
polishhammer83 (June 2nd, 2012), twospirits (June 2nd, 2012)
Old June 1st, 2012, 10:51 PM   #434 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Tommydaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 845
 
Device(s): Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 498 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChase7 View Post
Yes, nice and photoshopped by AndroidPolice. Nice try though. ;P
Tommydaniel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2012, 11:07 PM   #435 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phoenix
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,233
 
Device(s): EVO LTE & EVO 4G & Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,961
Thanked 881 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommydaniel View Post
Yes, nice and photoshopped by AndroidPolice. Nice try though. ;P
What, you dont like the 4G WiMax icon on an LTE phone?
BenChase7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2012, 01:22 AM   #436 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phoenix
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,233
 
Device(s): EVO LTE & EVO 4G & Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,961
Thanked 881 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Nice write up on Sprints Galaxy SIII by one of the S4GRU authors!

Samsung Galaxy S3 passes FCC muster, launch imminent? - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates
mak916 likes this.
BenChase7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BenChase7 For This Useful Post:
mak916 (June 2nd, 2012), polishhammer83 (June 2nd, 2012), twospirits (June 2nd, 2012)
Old June 2nd, 2012, 01:36 AM   #437 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,079
 
Device(s): GS3, Photon 4G, 3VO(WiFi ONLY), Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 211
Thanked 266 Times in 206 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChase7 View Post
Nice write up on Sprints Galaxy SIII by one of the S4GRU authors!

Samsung Galaxy S3 passes FCC muster, launch imminent? - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates
Glad to see it supports SVDO. With all these nice phones coming out on Sprint, looks like its going to be good summer.
BenChase7 likes this.
mak916 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mak916 For This Useful Post:
BenChase7 (June 2nd, 2012)
Old June 2nd, 2012, 01:51 AM   #438 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Phoenix
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,233
 
Device(s): EVO LTE & EVO 4G & Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,961
Thanked 881 Times in 524 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
Glad to see it supports SVDO. With all these nice phones coming out on Sprint, looks like its going to be good summer.
Agreed! ...On both accounts. Seems like Sprint always has a solid summer. June through September are usually pretty exciting around here. We've seen 2 flagship phones from Samsung and HTC now, both are awesome! Now we'll get to see what Motorolla and LG bring. (The rumors and leaks are already floating around)
BenChase7 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2012, 08:51 AM   #439 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 9,291
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,044
Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
Glad to see it supports SVDO. With all these nice phones coming out on Sprint, looks like its going to be good summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChase7 View Post
Agreed! ...On both accounts. Seems like Sprint always has a solid summer. June through September are usually pretty exciting around here. We've seen 2 flagship phones from Samsung and HTC now, both are awesome! Now we'll get to see what Motorolla and LG bring. (The rumors and leaks are already floating around)
Yup. From the rumors of there only being 1 motorola superphone coming to sprint, I think that's a huge mistake. I think they need to offer a qwerty slider and a true mopho successor. I know it'd benefit both google and sprint. If they do only have 1 moto superphone, I may be waiting to see the lg phones before deciding. I really like the LTEvo a lot, but I've gotta see what else is headed for sprint.
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2012, 09:40 AM   #440 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Tommydaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 845
 
Device(s): Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 498 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Pics from the FCC filing. Looks like Samsung laid down the law on the changing the design of the phone. Which I am very happy with. Means more cases for us!

Forgot the link lol

Verizon & Sprint Galaxy S III Models Hit The FCC | Pocketnow

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout =500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=558919&fcc_i d=
Tommydaniel is offline  
Last edited by Tommydaniel; June 2nd, 2012 at 09:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommydaniel For This Useful Post:
chrlswltrs (June 2nd, 2012), drexappeal (June 2nd, 2012), polishhammer83 (June 2nd, 2012)
sponsored links
Old June 2nd, 2012, 10:14 AM   #441 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 29
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommydaniel View Post
Pics from the FCC filing. Looks like Samsung laid down the law on the changing the design of the phone. Which I am very happy with. Means more cases for us!

Forgot the link lol

Verizon & Sprint Galaxy S III Models Hit The FCC | Pocketnow

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTim eout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id= 558919&fcc_id=

That is good news. Maybe there will be more accessories in general for the S3. One thing the iDevices have is the same shape everywhere. So tons of accessories for them. This won't be the only Android phone but if it's as big of a hit globally, maybe we'll get a taste of some of the schlock I do miss buying for my i3g.
polishhammer83 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2012, 10:21 AM   #442 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 29
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 33
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

So happy to see real info on the phone. Almost had myself sold on the GNex for the stock ICS, but the specs just suck compared to this and the Evo.
polishhammer83 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2012, 10:22 AM   #443 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Tommydaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 845
 
Device(s): Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 498 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishhammer83 View Post
That is good news. Maybe there will be more accessories in general for the S3. One thing the iDevices have is the same shape everywhere. So tons of accessories for them. This won't be the only Android phone but if it's as big of a hit globally, maybe we'll get a taste of some of the schlock I do miss buying for my i3g.
That's the one thing that has made me jealous of the iPhone. The mass amount of choices when it comes to cases.
Tommydaniel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2012, 08:08 PM   #444 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 9,291
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,044
Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts
Default

I know a few people were wanting the galaxy note, but maybe this is what sprint is planning on getting instead?
Beautiful HTC One XXL concept to take on Galaxy Note Phone Reviews

Anybody know if i'd be allowed to add another line to my account and then change it to my google voice number?
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2012, 08:10 PM   #445 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Tommydaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 845
 
Device(s): Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 498 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
I know a few people were wanting the galaxy note, but maybe this is what sprint is planning on getting instead?
Beautiful HTC One XXL concept to take on Galaxy Note Phone Reviews

Anybody know if i'd be allowed to add another line to my account and then change it to my google voice number?
Not to burst your bubble, but that's a fan-made render. Not something from HTC.
Tommydaniel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2012, 08:11 PM   #446 (permalink)
AF's janitor
 
twospirits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Queens, NY
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,990
 
Device(s): currently using... Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1, Samsung Galaxy Note II Sony NSZ-GS7 Google TV
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 5,205
Thanked 4,636 Times in 1,730 Posts
twospirits411@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
I use to think like that about Samsung. I'm not saying they are all that great. I have never owned a Samsung smart phone. But I have heard very good things about them as of late so I am willing to give them a try. I use to be an HTC fanboy, but they just don't meet my needs this year. I hear people complain about every phone. A person has to decide for themselves what phone will work for them or not. So we will see if I agree with you if get the GS3.
^This. I too was a Samsung user many moons ago, (hated them) then a HTC user, then went to Motorola (lately being worse than usual) and now on the Note. The Note has changed my views of Samsung. So its either the S3 or the EVO LTE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChase7 View Post
You would really want a 7 inch phone?
The heck with the 7 Inch phone, I want the Galaxy Fridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenChase7 View Post
Nice write up on Sprints Galaxy SIII by one of the S4GRU authors!

Samsung Galaxy S3 passes FCC muster, launch imminent? - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates
Like I wrote over there, its the first time I see it mentioned NFC integrated with the battery. So I wonder if one wants to replace the battery it probably can't be just any normal battery but an OEM one.

TS
twospirits is online now  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to twospirits For This Useful Post:
BenChase7 (June 4th, 2012)
Old June 2nd, 2012, 08:16 PM   #447 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Tommydaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 845
 
Device(s): Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 498 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twospirits View Post

Like I wrote over there, its the first time I see it mentioned NFC integrated with the battery. So I wonder if one wants to replace the battery it probably can't be just any normal battery but an OEM one.

TS
Same as the Nexus I think. Just need to make sure the battery you buy has NFC

Here's something about the Nexus http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/12/06/galaxy-nexus-nfc-feature-requires-original-oem-battery/
Tommydaniel is offline  
Last edited by Tommydaniel; June 2nd, 2012 at 08:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2012, 08:25 PM   #448 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 9,291
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,044
Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
Glad to see it supports SVDO. With all these nice phones coming out on Sprint, looks like its going to be good summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommydaniel View Post
Not to burst your bubble, but that's a fan-made render. Not something from HTC.
Lol...i know. Just wanted to stir the pot a 'bit.

But I really do want to know if I can add an additional line and port/use my google voice number.
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2012, 08:30 PM   #449 (permalink)
Senior Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Tommydaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 845
 
Device(s): Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 50
Thanked 498 Times in 284 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
Lol...i know. Just wanted to stir the pot a 'bit.

But I really do want to know if I can add an additional line and port/use my google voice number.
I'm sure you can add a line, I think you can use your google voice number. Could be wrong but I thought you could use your google voice number on multiple devices...?
Tommydaniel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2012, 08:38 PM   #450 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
drexappeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: West LA, CA
Posts: 9,291
 
Device(s): G Note 3 Sprint (Jet Black), MoPhoQ Sprint, Mopho Sprint & G Note 8.0 Wi-fi
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 3,044
Thanked 2,633 Times in 1,760 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommydaniel View Post
I'm sure you can add a line, I think you can use your google voice number. Could be wrong but I thought you could use your google voice number on multiple devices...?
I've never really looked into it, but it's an idea i'm considering since work doesn't pay for my cell.
drexappeal is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Sprint
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.