Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Sprint

New Forums: Nexus Player | Nexus 9
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mak916
  • 1 Post By dan330
  • 1 Post By IOWA

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old May 27th, 2012, 03:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
isaemm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NorCal
Gender: Male
Posts: 331
 
Device(s): EVO 4G, EVO 3D, One S, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, MTK6585
Carrier: Big Magenta

Thanks: 46
Thanked 41 Times in 37 Posts
Default Asurion Rates and Deductibles rising??

I just recently heard that the TEP and Deductible rates for Sprint are rising this coming June. Does anyone have the details on this if it is true. I came across it briefly earlier today but cant find where I read it.

Advertisements
__________________
Man who go to bed with itchy butt, wake up with smelly finger.
isaemm is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 27th, 2012, 06:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,202
 
Device(s): Note 4, GS3, EVO 3D, Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 228
Thanked 278 Times in 216 Posts
Default

This might help you out.

Sprint Community: Plans: TEP price change for 4G LTE Devices: What you need to know
damewolf13 likes this.
mak916 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mak916 For This Useful Post:
damewolf13 (May 27th, 2012), drexappeal (May 30th, 2012), isaemm (May 27th, 2012), la sal (May 27th, 2012)
Old May 27th, 2012, 06:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
isaemm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NorCal
Gender: Male
Posts: 331
 
Device(s): EVO 4G, EVO 3D, One S, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, MTK6585
Carrier: Big Magenta

Thanks: 46
Thanked 41 Times in 37 Posts
Default

This increase is ridiculous. Every carrier has some increase every other month it seems. But us as consumers just sit back and let the carriers have their way with our accounts and there's not much we can do.
isaemm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 07:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,678
 
Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | LG G WATCH | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanks: 4,741
Thanked 2,009 Times in 1,479 Posts
Default

Glad I purchased my phone @ Best Buy & went w/their insurance.
$10/mo. + no deductible(no coverage for loss/theft,but, a chance I'm willing to take, as my phone is never more than a few feet away @ any given time).

Hopefully,Best Buy won't follow suit w/rate hikes as well,although,as phone prices continue to rise, I wouldn't be surprised to see an increase sometime in the near future.
KOLIO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 08:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,202
 
Device(s): Note 4, GS3, EVO 3D, Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 228
Thanked 278 Times in 216 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
Glad I purchased my phone @ Best Buy & went w/their insurance.
$10/mo. + no deductible(no coverage for loss/theft,but, a chance I'm willing to take, as my phone is never more than a few feet away @ any given time).

Hopefully,Best Buy won't follow suit w/rate hikes as well,although,as phone prices continue to rise, I wouldn't be surprised to see an increase sometime in the near future.
I was thinking of doing that also but I have heard that it takes a while for Best Buy to get there phones back to you. When went to Best Buy to ask about their insurance plans, they said it takes about five days to get your phone back. I could live with that but others have said it takes them longer. You bring up another point I have not thought of, what if they raise their rates as well? I personally think Best Buys plan is a better plan but I like being able to go to Sprint Store and not worry about not having my phone for a while.
mak916 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,678
 
Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | LG G WATCH | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanks: 4,741
Thanked 2,009 Times in 1,479 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
I was thinking of doing that also but I have heard that it takes a while for Best Buy to get there phones back to you. When went to Best Buy to ask about their insurance plans, they said it takes about five days to get your phone back. I could live with that but others have said it takes them longer. You bring up another point I have not thought of, what if they raise their rates as well? I personally think Best Buys plan is a better plan but I like being able to go to Sprint Store and not worry about not having my phone for a while.
A $50 refundable deposit will get you a loaner phone while awaiting for the return of your phone w/Best Buy's insurance.

This is the factor that led me to choose Best Buy over the traditional insurance.
KOLIO is offline  
Last edited by KOLIO; May 27th, 2012 at 08:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 08:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
kevindroid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: baltimore
Gender: Male
Posts: 929
 
Device(s): htc one m8/nexus 5/nexus 7 v2
Carrier: t-mobile

Thanks: 226
Thanked 230 Times in 192 Posts
Default

it seems every thing is going up. itll trickle down
kevindroid is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,202
 
Device(s): Note 4, GS3, EVO 3D, Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 228
Thanked 278 Times in 216 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOLIO View Post
A $50 refundable deposit will get you a loaner phone while awaiting for the return of your phone w/Best Buy's insurance.

This is the factor that led me to choose Best Buy over the traditional insurance.
The $50 refundable deposit is good. I like that. But the type of phone you might get stuck with. lol. But that doesn't really bother me, I'll just use my 3VO. I'm still thinking about it. The other thing I like is the fact that they also cover cracked screens. This is something that Sprint does not, meaning with Sprint you have to pay for a deductible. Best Buy will cover water damage also. Only if the water was spilled on the phone. So they do have a good plan.
mak916 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2012, 10:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
U Just Luv My OPPOstyle
 
KOLIO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,678
 
Device(s): 1+1 | OPPO N1 | SAMSUNG GEAR 2/FIT | LG G WATCH | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanks: 4,741
Thanked 2,009 Times in 1,479 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
The $50 refundable deposit is good. I like that. But the type of phone you might get stuck with. lol. But that doesn't really bother me, I'll just use my 3VO. I'm still thinking about it. The other thing I like is the fact that they also cover cracked screens. This is something that Sprint does not, meaning with Sprint you have to pay for a deductible. Best Buy will cover water damage also. Only if the water was spilled on the phone. So they do have a good plan.

True dat w/the loaner,with my luck, they'd have a HUAWEI ASCEND ported to SPRINT just for moi. :P

On a somewhat related note,I had to send my MOTOROLA LAPDOCK 500 in for warranty service.
Took less than 12 hrs. for the pre-paid shipping box to arrive.
Sent it out last Monday @ 5PM & had a brand new LAPDOCK less than 72 hrs. later,on Thursday.

I definitely didn't expect that quick of a turnaround time (kudos to MOTO's warranty service team!) & most definitely don't for phone warranty service, as they'll probably repair instead of replace, which would most likely take more time.
KOLIO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2012, 11:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10,025
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1,767
Thanked 2,010 Times in 1,555 Posts
Default

$11 /month and $150 deductible.. LOL

it only cost $199 for the LTevo...
if you trade in your OG evo for $50.. better just to keep it for backup.
and buy used LTevo off craigslist if/when you need it.
la sal likes this.
__________________
Later,
Dan

DropBox: register for free space (we both get 500MB extra space): http://db.tt/sWYVl3j6
dan330 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old May 29th, 2012, 02:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Mr. Logic Pants
 
IOWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,834
 
Device(s): GS5 GS4 TF101 GS3
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,901
Thanked 2,351 Times in 1,212 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan330 View Post
$11 /month and $150 deductible.. LOL

it only cost $199 for the LTevo...
if you trade in your OG evo for $50.. better just to keep it for backup.
and buy used LTevo off craigslist if/when you need it.
It only costs $199 with contract.

However, I have said, and maintain, that TEP Is a giant ripoff.
__________________
Useful links: The Rules | The Team | FAQ | Unanswered Threads |
IOWA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2012, 02:38 PM   #12 (permalink)
AF Addict
 
AntimonyER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Statesboro, GA
Posts: 13,642
 
Device(s): Droid DNA, Nexus 7 16GB
Carrier: Verizon

Thanks: 5,041
Thanked 9,353 Times in 5,034 Posts
Default

I just am curious how Verizon didn't come up with this first.
__________________
Site Rules & Guidelines
Got some help? Hit Thanks!
See something you like? Hit Like!
See something you hate? Hit Report!
AntimonyER is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AntimonyER For This Useful Post:
NYCHitman1 (May 31st, 2012)
Old May 30th, 2012, 02:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
mak916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA.
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,202
 
Device(s): Note 4, GS3, EVO 3D, Nexus 7
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 228
Thanked 278 Times in 216 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOWA View Post
It only costs $199 with contract.

However, I have said, and maintain, that TEP Is a giant ripoff.
So are you using insurance for your phone? If so which one? If not why?
mak916 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Mr. Logic Pants
 
IOWA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Chicago
Posts: 8,834
 
Device(s): GS5 GS4 TF101 GS3
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 1,901
Thanked 2,351 Times in 1,212 Posts
Ask and ye shall receive!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak916 View Post
So are you using insurance for your phone? If so which one? If not why?
No I do not use any insurance. Phones drop in value rather quickly, and for the price of the deductible you can pick one up on ebay for about the same price.
mak916 likes this.
IOWA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Carriers > Sprint
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.