Go Back   Android Forums > Android Development > Developer Forums > Stane's ROMs

Like Tree6Likes

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old August 7th, 2012, 03:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default Visson ATV-108 f16ref new firmware - 20120807

Changelog:
- google apps updated (Play Store instead of Market, system stuff, servicesframework etc...)
- youtube is installed by default to userspace area (version 4.0.8)
- more languages in LatinIME
- Chinese and Japanese input methods (as requested)
- Bluetooth (BT dongles, Visson ATV-108 doesn't have BT module integrated)
- DVB-T drivers and firmware files for some devices, DroidTV app for watching DVB-T can be downloaded from Tools section on my download page
- 1080 resolution fixed, no more flickering and OSD is positioned right
- Stock Browser issue solved
- Ethernet issue solved
- Flash seems to work much better (full screen on filmehd.net, crashes only if 2 or more flash videos on same webpage - that's what I noticed)
- kernel fixes
- Amlogic apps and my Vplay Networking translated to Croatian, Catalan and German thanx to guys from androidforums
- All drivers available for USB cameras in kernel integrated
- All my previous changes + some other stuff I forgot to mention

Firmware can be downloaded from V-Play download section under Firmware - rev 2 platform (f16ref) section

Regards
gamajunior, j2k, nammen and 1 others like this.

Advertisements
__________________
If you find my work useful, buy me a beer
Homepage: http://www.stane1983.com
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stane1983 For This Useful Post:
gamajunior (August 9th, 2012), JerzyEx (August 7th, 2012), NecroStylery (August 18th, 2012)
sponsored links
Old August 17th, 2012, 06:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
j2k
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi,

I downloaded this firmware, my board is f16ref. Haven't flashed it yet.
Can I replace the hosts file in the update.zip without having any problems? This will block most of the annoying ads.

Big thanks to your work. Can't wait to turn my ATV into something better!
j2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2012, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2k View Post
Hi,

I downloaded this firmware, my board is f16ref. Haven't flashed it yet.
Can I replace the hosts file in the update.zip without having any problems? This will block most of the annoying ads.

Big thanks to your work. Can't wait to turn my ATV into something better!
You should not have problems by replacing hosts file as far as I know...
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stane1983 For This Useful Post:
j2k (August 21st, 2012)
Old August 18th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Rooting Google TV Device

Hi, I'm new with Android devices and I'm trying to root a Google TV device.

The link of the Box is: dx.com /p/gv-10-android-4-0-multi-media-player-w-wifi-hdmi-usb-sd-lan-black-4gb-142439?item=7

I tried to update the firmware to this new one, but I couldn't use SU command.
Have you some step-to-step tutorial?

If my questions are ridiculous, please sorry, but I'm learning about it yet.
NecroStylery is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2012, 07:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroStylery View Post
Hi, I'm new with Android devices and I'm trying to root a Google TV device.

The link of the Box is: dx.com /p/gv-10-android-4-0-multi-media-player-w-wifi-hdmi-usb-sd-lan-black-4gb-142439?item=7

I tried to update the firmware to this new one, but I couldn't use SU command.
Have you some step-to-step tutorial?

If my questions are ridiculous, please sorry, but I'm learning about it yet.
Hi,

your device is ATV-108... But make sure it's f16ref (m3)..

Fist, go to V-Play download section and download DeviceChecker to make sure you have f16device. Copy it to usb stick and install it via AppInstaller. If it says f16ref, from my page you download f16ref (rev 2) firmwares, if it says c03ref, you download c03ref (ver 1) firmwares.

On page firmwares are sorted by date with newest on top. Download ZIP package and extract all files from zip archive to SDCARD. Insert sdcard in device, go to Upgrade application -> Local Upgrade -> select /sdcard/update.zip file and press next -> Reboot device and install upgrade.

You don't need to have superuser to upgrade your device (my firmwares are built from Amlogic sources, and installed as official Visson ones).

When you install my fw, if you want to use Superuser, before you have to open Superuser app and click Okay on changelog window. Before that su will not work.

Note: Make sure to install correct firmware (c03ref/f16ref). If you install wrong firmware on f16ref.... it's little tricky to get it working again...
libraman68 likes this.
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2012, 08:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi,

thanks for your tutorial. I managed to install.
Now the system is rooted.

Thank you.
NecroStylery is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2012, 02:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 9
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi,
I have this

https://plus.google.com/u/0/114673951529684128760/posts/XY3fLjf3kFd

I have upgraded the box with yours firmware and now the led is green but the screen is blank.

I have done the upgrade with reset procedure, and I have done two times, but the result is the same, black screen.


any solutions?

thanks!

Nunzio

p.s. sorry for my english
nammen is offline  
Last edited by nammen; August 22nd, 2012 at 02:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2012, 06:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nammen View Post
Hi,
I have this

https://plus.google.com/u/0/114673951529684128760/posts/XY3fLjf3kFd

I have upgraded the box with yours firmware and now the led is green but the screen is blank.

I have done the upgrade with reset procedure, and I have done two times, but the result is the same, black screen.


any solutions?

thanks!

Nunzio

p.s. sorry for my english
Hi, your device is Refee AML8726M3 device (f16ref), but my fw is not working on that device. I would suggest you to contact your seller to send link to latest firmware for your device. After that, try to install it. If unsuccessful, PM me with the link to fw...
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2012, 05:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile Sifs manager

Hello,

Very good work.

I have installed this revision and couldn't run cifs manager properly.
It's missing some modules like cifs.ko, to cifs manager or mount manager to work properly.

Link2sd can't recognize the second partition on sd.
First is fat32 and the second is ext2 now (I have try ext3 and ext4)
Both partition are primary and the first one is active.

Is this a problem with 4.0.4 Android?

Best Regards
Pdevil70 is offline  
Last edited by Pdevil70; August 25th, 2012 at 08:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2012, 09:40 AM   #10 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdevil70 View Post
Hello,

Very good work.

I have installed this revision and couldn't run cifs manager properly.
It's missing some modules like cifs.ko, to cifs manager or mount manager to work properly.

Link2sd can't recognize the second partition on sd.
First is fat32 and the second is ext2 now (I have try ext3 and ext4)
Both partition are primary and the first one is active.

Is this a problem with 4.0.4 Android?

Best Regards

Hi,

There are no cifs modules, cifs support is built into kernel image and it's implementation is done that way it doesn't need root access (see V.play networking app).

about multiple partitions on sdcard, will investigate...
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 25th, 2012, 11:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
j2k
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Same problem here.
Is Refee AML8726M3 device (f16ref) different from the atv-108 rev2?
Is it possible to 'cook' ROMs for this device?
j2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2012, 11:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
j2k
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stane1983 View Post
Hi, your device is Refee AML8726M3 device (f16ref), but my fw is not working on that device. I would suggest you to contact your seller to send link to latest firmware for your device. After that, try to install it. If unsuccessful, PM me with the link to fw...
Same problem here.
Is Refee AML8726M3 device (f16ref) different from the atv-108 rev2?
Is it possible to 'cook' some ROM for this device?

Actually, I found my device is this one:
ATV-102
http://goo.gl/58XGg

notice it only has CVBS composite output (not YPbPr) to old tv sets (besides HDMI of course)
and 4gb internal RAM.
Anyway, link to firmware is unavailable, so I contacted Vission thru email.

here's the full specs
j2k is offline  
Last edited by j2k; August 25th, 2012 at 05:00 PM. Reason: new info
Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2k View Post
Same problem here.
Is Refee AML8726M3 device (f16ref) different from the atv-108 rev2?
Is it possible to 'cook' some ROM for this device?

Actually, I found my device is this one:
ATV-102
bluetooth speaker|shenzhen visson technology|card speaker|cheap|good quality|portable speaker

notice it only has CVBS composite output (not YPbPr) to old tv sets (besides HDMI of course)
and 4gb internal RAM.
Anyway, link to firmware is unavailable, so I contacted Vission thru email.

here's the full specs
Hi,

right now I'm confused myself... Have to check with Visson, seems ATV-108 rev2 (f16ref) is renamed to ATV-102...

Will have that info on Monday probably.
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2012, 09:51 AM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stane1983 View Post
Hi,

There are no cifs modules, cifs support is built into kernel image and it's implementation is done that way it doesn't need root access (see V.play networking app).

about multiple partitions on sdcard, will investigate...

Hello,

I use cifs manager to play videos from my network, with MX Player.
This is the only player that uses the hardware acceleration to decode videos through network. I have try almost every one.

So, my question is, is there any way to mount a network share, like cifs manager does? Or there will be modules for cifs manager, to work properly with ICS and ATV-108?

Another issue with this firmware, if I put the device to standby, with remote controller, I have to turn off the power, and back again to get it back in action.

Best regards
Pdevil70 is offline  
Last edited by Pdevil70; August 26th, 2012 at 10:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2012, 11:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdevil70 View Post
Hello,

I use cifs manager to play videos from my network, with MX Player.
This is the only player that uses the hardware acceleration to decode videos through network. I have try almost every one.

So, my question is, is there any way to mount a network share, like cifs manager does? Or there will be modules for cifs manager, to work properly with ICS and ATV-108?

Another issue with this firmware, if I put the device to standby, with remote controller, I have to turn off the power, and back again to get it back in action.

Best regards
Errr..... have you actually tried using V.play networking? When share is created in V.play networking, you click on it, content of shared folder will open in FileBrowser and for movie reproduction you can use either stock player or any other player... V.play networking is replacement app for cifs manager.

On next reboot of device, V.play networking needs to be started first to mount saved network shares.

Mounted network shares are mounted to /NetShares, symlinked to /mnt/NetShares and can be accessed like any other local file.

About power on/off issue, aware of the problem, working on the solution.
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stane1983 View Post
Errr..... have you actually tried using V.play networking? When share is created in V.play networking, you click on it, content of shared folder will open in FileBrowser and for movie reproduction you can use either stock player or any other player... V.play networking is replacement app for cifs manager.

On next reboot of device, V.play networking needs to be started first to mount saved network shares.

Mounted network shares are mounted to /NetShares, symlinked to /mnt/NetShares and can be accessed like any other local file.

About power on/off issue, aware of the problem, working on the solution.

Yes, I have try V.Play Networking, but no results. Says "Error mounting share. Please check your configuration."

I started with "scan...", and selected one of the list, put the login and password, and nothing.
Did "Add share..." and the same result.
Had try with ethernet and wi-fi, same result.

Finally, I flashed the firmware again. Did all over again and the result:
"Error mounting share. Please check your configuration."

The IP is correct, the share is correct, login and password too.

Any ideas?
Pdevil70 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2012, 03:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdevil70 View Post
Yes, I have try V.Play Networking, but no results. Says "Error mounting share. Please check your configuration."

I started with "scan...", and selected one of the list, put the login and password, and nothing.
Did "Add share..." and the same result.
Had try with ethernet and wi-fi, same result.

Finally, I flashed the firmware again. Did all over again and the result:
"Error mounting share. Please check your configuration."

The IP is correct, the share is correct, login and password too.

Any ideas?
Do you have perhaps spaces in your password? If so, try changing your password..... It's a bug which needs to be solved...
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2012, 06:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stane1983 View Post
Do you have perhaps spaces in your password? If so, try changing your password..... It's a bug which needs to be solved...
I have 2shares through unbuntu:
One in a ntfs partition and other in ubuntu partition (ext4)
I can mount the ntfs and can not the ext4.

I made a 3rd share in a win7 notebook, it worked perfectly.

Does it have anything about the file system?
Pdevil70 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
j2k
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Cool update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stane1983 View Post
Hi,

right now I'm confused myself... Have to check with Visson, seems ATV-108 rev2 (f16ref) is renamed to ATV-102...

Will have that info on Monday probably.
So stane, did you check if it's really ATV-102 ou ATV-108?
My unit is not totally bricked I think

1) Normal 'boot', both led's dont flash, no TV output.
2) reset+Boot, led flash and card is read but TV-OUT is scrambled. Haven't checked hdmi output yet but I can distinguish some screen being updated.
I was using a SDHC 8Gb card. Will try with a 1Gb tonight. I'll post feedback later.

Btw, where can I get Visson 'official' ATV-108 firmware? Company website is a total letdown for me...
j2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2012, 03:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2k View Post
So stane, did you check if it's really ATV-102 ou ATV-108?
My unit is not totally bricked I think

1) Normal 'boot', both led's dont flash, no TV output.
2) reset+Boot, led flash and card is read but TV-OUT is scrambled. Haven't checked hdmi output yet but I can distinguish some screen being updated.
I was using a SDHC 8Gb card. Will try with a 1Gb tonight. I'll post feedback later.

Btw, where can I get Visson 'official' ATV-108 firmware? Company website is a total letdown for me...
Your SDHC is the problem. Try to use smaller non SDHC card (2 Gb or smaller if possible). Scrambled screen means bootloader is not damaged, but flashing firmware went wrong and bootloader cannot read boot logo which is stored on NAND chip.

Latest official firmware afaik is ICS.MBX.20120629. Go to Google TV subforum, topic Android 2.3 & 4.0 WiFi Internet HD 1080P HDMI Google TV Box ARM Cortex A9 Firmware and find my post (don't know on which page) with link to firmware, it's posted on same date as firmware was released - 2012-06-29.
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 28th, 2012, 03:35 AM   #21 (permalink)
j2k
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by stane1983 View Post
Your SDHC is the problem. Try to use smaller non SDHC card (2 Gb or smaller if possible). Scrambled screen means bootloader is not damaged, but flashing firmware went wrong and bootloader cannot read boot logo which is stored on NAND chip.

Latest official firmware afaik is ICS.MBX.20120629. Go to Google TV subforum, topic Android 2.3 & 4.0 WiFi Internet HD 1080P HDMI Google TV Box ARM Cortex A9 Firmware and find my post (don't know on which page) with link to firmware, it's posted on same date as firmware was released - 2012-06-29.
Tested yesterday with a 1Gb card. Used SDTool (u-boot-aml-ucl.bin used in SDTool has to be from official firmware right?) then unziped files to card.
reset+boot and same problem with TV-OUT scrambled. I really got to connect the box toa HDMI screen so I can see what's going on...
j2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2012, 03:39 AM   #22 (permalink)
j2k
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Smile f16ref testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2k View Post
Tested yesterday with a 1Gb card. Used SDTool (u-boot-aml-ucl.bin used in SDTool has to be from official firmware right?) then unziped files to card.
reset+boot and same problem with TV-OUT scrambled. I really got to connect the box toa HDMI screen so I can see what's going on...
As I said on the 'main' thread, I successfully applied this firmware using a 256Mb card.
Here's my 1 evening test results:
- UI really responsive, mega fast
- WiFi connects in just seconds
- CVBS video output quality has improved (well at least to my perception)

So far, only one letdown: video playback, no matter what the source is, is really poor, with low fps (skips frames, I guess).

Oh and I'm using TV-OUT, btw.

Thanks again Stane for this 5* ROM.
j2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2012, 09:52 AM   #23 (permalink)
j2k
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2k View Post
As I said on the 'main' thread, I successfully applied this firmware using a 256Mb card.
Here's my 1 evening test results:
- UI really responsive, mega fast
- WiFi connects in just seconds
- CVBS video output quality has improved (well at least to my perception)

So far, only one letdown: video playback, no matter what the source is, is really poor, with low fps (skips frames, I guess).

Oh and I'm using TV-OUT, btw.

Thanks again Stane for this 5* ROM.
Got some feedback from Vissiontech and I will further investigate on the CVBS output issue. Something to do with output mode.
j2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 04:40 AM   #24 (permalink)
j2k
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2k View Post
Got some feedback from Vissiontech and I will further investigate on the CVBS output issue. Something to do with output mode.
Stupid guy here (yes, me...) didn't notice was using 1080p setting on a CVBS output!
Setting==>display==>output mode should be 576i or 480i.
Now this box is 100% awesomeness!
j2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 08:54 AM   #25 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Visson ATV-102 (f16ref): both led's dont flash, no TV output!

Hi,
can anyone help me?
I think, my Visson ATV-102(f16ref) android box is totally bricked.

I have followed these procedure:

1. Download your firmware files (RAR archive) and unpack all files to root of your sdcard
2. Insert your sdcard in your box
3. Start Upgrade application on your device and choose Local Upgrade
4. Select file update.zip and on next screen select Reboot And Install Package
5. After upgrade is completed you will be back to Android Recovery System. You might see some errors such as invalid parameter or error writing mac address. Ignore that, just unplug your device from power and plug it back in to boot Android (first boot takes some time)

After Step 4 has my device rebooted and hung at A9 screen. I waited 10 minutes and i unplug it from power and plug it back.

Now following behavior:

1) Normal 'boot': both led's dont flash, no TV output.
2) reset & Boot: led dont flash and no TV-OUT.

Can someone tell me how I can force my device to boot from SD-Card or is the bootloader damaged?
fay81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 10:21 AM   #26 (permalink)
j2k
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fay81 View Post
Hi,
can anyone help me?
I think, my Visson ATV-102(f16ref) android box is totally bricked.

I have followed these procedure:

1. Download your firmware files (RAR archive) and unpack all files to root of your sdcard
2. Insert your sdcard in your box
3. Start Upgrade application on your device and choose Local Upgrade
4. Select file update.zip and on next screen select Reboot And Install Package
5. After upgrade is completed you will be back to Android Recovery System. You might see some errors such as invalid parameter or error writing mac address. Ignore that, just unplug your device from power and plug it back in to boot Android (first boot takes some time)

After Step 4 has my device rebooted and hung at A9 screen. I waited 10 minutes and i unplug it from power and plug it back.

Now following behavior:

1) Normal 'boot': both led's dont flash, no TV output.
2) reset & Boot: led dont flash and no TV-OUT.

Can someone tell me how I can force my device to boot from SD-Card or is the bootloader damaged?
hi, do you have access to a HDMI input TV? If so, use it so you can follow update process.
When flashing on boot use the following:
- with power off insert card with 256mb and all the files from the zip stane has released
- press reset button don't release it, and while pressed, plug-in power
- only release reset after led's flash 3 times.
- wait update process
j2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 10:49 AM   #27 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi,
yes, i have access to a HDMI input TV. But the problem is, that the LED's are no longer flashing.

I press reset button and hold it, then i plug-in power but nothing happens neither TV output nor LEDs Flashing
fay81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 10:54 AM   #28 (permalink)
j2k
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fay81 View Post
Hi,
yes, i have access to a HDMI input TV. But the problem is, that the LED's are no longer flashing.

I press reset button and hold it, then i plug-in power but nothing happens neither TV output nor LEDs Flashing
please post pics from the box.
Did you check if it is f16ref or c03ref?
Firmware - rev 1 platform (c03ref)
Firmware - rev 2 platform (f16ref)
j2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 11:01 AM   #29 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Here is the box: Google Android 4.0 ARM Cortex A9 1GHz WiFi HD 1080P HDMI Internet TV Box Black | eBay

It is 'f16ref'. I have checked the firmware with the app, before I started at the first time with the upgrade.
fay81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2012, 12:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
j2k
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fay81 View Post
Here is the box: Google Android 4.0 ARM Cortex A9 1GHz WiFi HD 1080P HDMI Internet TV Box Black | eBay

It is 'f16ref'. I have checked the firmware with the app, before I started at the first time with the upgrade.
link to image is dead. Can u post image or similar?
j2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old August 31st, 2012, 05:03 PM   #31 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

here is a new link Google Android 4.0 ARM Cortex A9 1GHz WiFi HD 1080P HDMI Internet TV Box Black | eBay



fay81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 06:58 AM   #32 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question

I am experimenting all kind of video files, and it is common in all of them little pauses during the film. The films don't play smoothly, as in a computer.

I using MX Player. I have try a lot of them, and I find MX Player very interesting, because of configurations possibilities.

Can video playback be enhanced?
Pdevil70 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 08:33 AM   #33 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdevil70 View Post
I am experimenting all kind of video files, and it is common in all of them little pauses during the film. The films don't play smoothly, as in a computer.

I using MX Player. I have try a lot of them, and I find MX Player very interesting, because of configurations possibilities.

Can video playback be enhanced?
Hi,

working on that...
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2012, 02:47 PM   #34 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

i have this atv android tv too and my problemns is with netflix andoid app...

they screen turn off (but not sound) when i streaming some film from netflix..

about firm:

Vissiontech MBX 2.0 Board
Android ver: 4.04
Kernel: 3.08
Build: ICS.MBX.20120629



some version of netflix that its ok ? please
miguelazo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2012, 11:48 PM   #35 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Hi stane,
Thanks for the ROM - I installed it on my box (different than the atv-108 but definitely f16ref), and it works great. However, both yours and the original ROM have an issue with the ethernet not working. According to my adb logcat, it would receive DHCP settings correctly, but then disconnect. If I look at the back of the machine where the ethernet lights are, when it disconnects, the lights go off for a bit, then come back on, and the process is repeated forever. However, if I hook it up to my laptop, the lights stay on forever (without giving an IP), so I'm assuming it's not a hardware problem.

I was wondering if you had any idea what the issue could be? Has anyone else had this issue?
I also heard that ethernet on ICS with a 2.6 kernel could be troublesome. Is there a version that has a 3.0 kernel?

Thanks again for the ROM. Can't live without root
Kantoku is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 12:15 AM   #36 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantoku View Post
Hi stane,
Thanks for the ROM - I installed it on my box (different than the atv-108 but definitely f16ref), and it works great. However, both yours and the original ROM have an issue with the ethernet not working. According to my adb logcat, it would receive DHCP settings correctly, but then disconnect. If I look at the back of the machine where the ethernet lights are, when it disconnects, the lights go off for a bit, then come back on, and the process is repeated forever. However, if I hook it up to my laptop, the lights stay on forever (without giving an IP), so I'm assuming it's not a hardware problem.

I was wondering if you had any idea what the issue could be? Has anyone else had this issue?
I also heard that ethernet on ICS with a 2.6 kernel could be troublesome. Is there a version that has a 3.0 kernel?

Thanks again for the ROM. Can't live without root
Hi,

Ethernet seems to be a problem with new Amlogic sources for f16ref board. I tried to fix it but it works only partially. On Visson f16ref works but low performance... at least it works for me...

Wifi is now my priority, I'm working to fix wifi issues on f16ref and realtek 8192cu based wifi modules.... Wifi module is actually good one, but implementation is not.

About 3.x kernel, forget about it (at least officially)... m1 and m3 boards stays on 2.6.34 kernel. M6 boards (MX - dual core) will have 3.0.8 kernel. That's confirmed by Amlogic's employee.
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 02:06 AM   #37 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 12
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Hi,

As far as I can tell, the error of interest is:
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /proc/net/xt_qtaguid/stats: open failed: ENOENT (No such file or directory)
A quick google search tells me that its a kernel module that is missing. Any way we can get that module included in the current kernel version, or maybe somehow create dummy files with appropriate content? Just to get the errors to go away. I'm willing to help any way I can.
Kantoku is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 05:52 AM   #38 (permalink)
j2k
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stane1983 View Post
Hi,

Ethernet seems to be a problem with new Amlogic sources for f16ref board. I tried to fix it but it works only partially. On Visson f16ref works but low performance... at least it works for me...

Wifi is now my priority, I'm working to fix wifi issues on f16ref and realtek 8192cu based wifi modules.... Wifi module is actually good one, but implementation is not.

About 3.x kernel, forget about it (at least officially)... m1 and m3 boards stays on 2.6.34 kernel. M6 boards (MX - dual core) will have 3.0.8 kernel. That's confirmed by Amlogic's employee.
Yesterday my wifi just refused to connect. Didn't change a thing on the router and now the ATV does not even 'see' my home network. SSIID is not hidden.
And it's working on channel 14.
I can see other (private) networks though...

Btw, is there any 'safe' way to power off ATV-102 (aka 108)?
I use Quick Reboot wich has a power off widget.
j2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 05:54 AM   #39 (permalink)
j2k
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fay81 View Post
Here is the box: Google Android 4.0 ARM Cortex A9 1GHz WiFi HD 1080P HDMI Internet TV Box Black | eBay

It is 'f16ref'. I have checked the firmware with the app, before I started at the first time with the upgrade.
yep, your box is just as mine.
Did u try with a 256sd card?
Did u try SDTool?
j2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2012, 02:27 PM   #40 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Hi,
i tried with a 1GB SD card, but no success.
SDTool has not helped, because boot to Recovery mode is not possible!
fay81 is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old September 3rd, 2012, 11:20 PM   #41 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fay81 View Post
Hi,
can anyone help me?
I think, my Visson ATV-102(f16ref) android box is totally bricked.

I have followed these procedure:

1. Download your firmware files (RAR archive) and unpack all files to root of your sdcard
2. Insert your sdcard in your box
3. Start Upgrade application on your device and choose Local Upgrade
4. Select file update.zip and on next screen select Reboot And Install Package
5. After upgrade is completed you will be back to Android Recovery System. You might see some errors such as invalid parameter or error writing mac address. Ignore that, just unplug your device from power and plug it back in to boot Android (first boot takes some time)

After Step 4 has my device rebooted and hung at A9 screen. I waited 10 minutes and i unplug it from power and plug it back.

Now following behavior:

1) Normal 'boot': both led's dont flash, no TV output.
2) reset & Boot: led dont flash and no TV-OUT.

Can someone tell me how I can force my device to boot from SD-Card or is the bootloader damaged?
Are you sure you copied all the files to sdcard? Usually when upgrading and you're stuck at boot logo screen, uImage_recovery is missing or cannot be accesed for some reason (sdcard?) by bootloader.
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #42 (permalink)
j2k
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2k View Post
Yesterday my wifi just refused to connect. Didn't change a thing on the router and now the ATV does not even 'see' my home network. SSIID is not hidden.
And it's working on channel 14.
I can see other (private) networks though...

Btw, is there any 'safe' way to power off ATV-102 (aka 108)?
I use Quick Reboot wich has a power off widget.
Of course this means that I ditched the standard remote (useless!!!) and bought a wireless mini keyboard.
That's why I use a software power off procedure.
j2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 10:55 AM   #43 (permalink)
j2k
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Stane,

There seems to be some kind of bug using remote mini keyboard driver. I can only use it if theres another usb port in use. (ext hdd)
Very strange...
j2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 05:17 PM   #44 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kantoku View Post
Hi stane,
Thanks for the ROM - I installed it on my box (different than the atv-108 but definitely f16ref), and it works great. However, both yours and the original ROM have an issue with the ethernet not working. According to my adb logcat, it would receive DHCP settings correctly, but then disconnect. If I look at the back of the machine where the ethernet lights are, when it disconnects, the lights go off for a bit, then come back on, and the process is repeated forever. However, if I hook it up to my laptop, the lights stay on forever (without giving an IP), so I'm assuming it's not a hardware problem.

I was wondering if you had any idea what the issue could be? Has anyone else had this issue?
I also heard that ethernet on ICS with a 2.6 kernel could be troublesome. Is there a version that has a 3.0 kernel?

Thanks again for the ROM. Can't live without root
Yes, I do have this issue too.
I can't play 1080p files from ethernet, but I can play them from wi-fi.
Another issue came across, when I am in wi-fi mode, my wireless keyboard stops working.
Can you help me with this?
Pdevil70 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 04:13 AM   #45 (permalink)
j2k
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdevil70 View Post
Yes, I do have this issue too.
I can't play 1080p files from ethernet, but I can play them from wi-fi.
Another issue came across, when I am in wi-fi mode, my wireless keyboard stops working.
Can you help me with this?
Do you have an ext pen/hdd connected? Try switching the usb port where wireless receiver from keyboard is connected with the ext hdd
j2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 05:29 PM   #46 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2k View Post
Do you have an ext pen/hdd connected? Try switching the usb port where wireless receiver from keyboard is connected with the ext hdd
Yes I do have a hdd connected. I switched but it is the same.
I tried every channel in my wireless router and it is the same.
The wireless keyboard just stop working, when in wi-fi mode.

Will be improvements in Ethernet connection?

I do have a cable installation in my home, and I would like to use it.

By the way, congratulations this is a very nice ROM.
I think that this hardware is not well implemented, don't you think?
Pdevil70 is offline  
Last edited by Pdevil70; September 5th, 2012 at 05:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #47 (permalink)
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Varazdin, Croatia
Gender: Male
Posts: 506
 
Device(s): Alot of Amlogic based devices :) Tronsmart TS4
Carrier: MultiPlus Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 216 Times in 126 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to stane1983
Default

!!! For f16ref users only !!!

Hi to all,

I need testers for ATV-108 rev2(f16ref) / ATV-102 for new firmware.

Changelog:
- Wifi driver updated to latest Realtek sources
- added 3G dongle support
- Upgrade app replaced with V.play Upgrade (under development; only Local upgrade works)

For all of you who had wifi issues with f16ref, please report if this firmware solves the issue.

Firmware can be downloaded from here.

Regards

Update:

There are USB issues with latest Android sources, working on that too...
stane1983 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2012, 04:03 AM   #48 (permalink)
j2k
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 24
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stane1983 View Post
!!! For f16ref users only !!!

Hi to all,

I need testers for ATV-108 rev2(f16ref) / ATV-102 for new firmware.

Changelog:
- Wifi driver updated to latest Realtek sources
- added 3G dongle support
- Upgrade app replaced with V.play Upgrade (under development; only Local upgrade works)

For all of you who had wifi issues with f16ref, please report if this firmware solves the issue.

Firmware can be downloaded from here.

Regards

Update:

There are USB issues with latest Android sources, working on that too...
Hi stane,
Ready to try newest firmware. Should the upgrade be local through upgrade app or using reset and boot?
Eager to test wifi, wireless keyboard, 3G dongle and DVB-T.
Ramonhm likes this.
j2k is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2012, 06:30 PM   #49 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 10
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stane1983 View Post
!!! For f16ref users only !!!

Hi to all,

I need testers for ATV-108 rev2(f16ref) / ATV-102 for new firmware.

Changelog:
- Wifi driver updated to latest Realtek sources
- added 3G dongle support
- Upgrade app replaced with V.play Upgrade (under development; only Local upgrade works)

For all of you who had wifi issues with f16ref, please report if this firmware solves the issue.

Firmware can be downloaded from here.

Regards

Update:

There are USB issues with latest Android sources, working on that too...

Hello,

The incompatibility with wi-fi and the wireless keyboard remains.

I have try several channels for wi-fi, and keyboard always stops working.

As I have a cable net in my home, will the performance of Ethernet be improved?

Many thanks,
Pdevil70 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2012, 01:42 AM   #50 (permalink)
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default stuck in "smart...smarter... v.play"

Hi,
I checked the device and it showed f16ref like you said.

This is my device:

Media Box Google Android TV 4.0.4, ARM Cortex A9 1.2GHz, DDR3 1GB Ram, 4GB Flash, HDMI HD TV 1080P Wifi Internet Set-Top Box Media Player Black

Now, the device is stuck in "smart...smarter...v.play", help me please, what can i do to repair it?
mzamudio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Development > Developer Forums > Stane's ROMs
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.