Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S3 > (AT&T) Galaxy S3 - All Things Root

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old January 31st, 2013, 10:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default My recovery will not load

**-Fixed-**

Hey guys, so today went to recover my phone after installing a Rom and when I clicked on my recovery it said no files found. I have a recovery that I have used a few times and recently. I went and found this file on my phone through my computer, and even through CWM by going install zip. My computer says there are files within the folder, however CWM does not. What can I do about this problem? (ps new back ups work just fine, its just I want my original phone back)

Advertisements
x306xsexy is offline  
Last edited by x306xsexy; February 1st, 2013 at 05:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old January 31st, 2013, 11:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
 
ocnbrze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: los angeles
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,327
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, HTC Evo 4g LTE(no longer have), HTC 3vo(no longer have), HTC EVO (not activated)
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 29,823
Thanked 14,309 Times in 9,164 Posts
ocnbrze@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by x306xsexy View Post
Hey guys, so today went to recover my phone after installing a Rom and when I clicked on my recovery it said no files found. I have a recovery that I have used a few times and recently. I went and found this file on my phone through my computer, and even through CWM by going install zip. My computer says there are files within the folder, however CWM does not. What can I do about this problem? (ps new back ups work just fine, its just I want my original phone back)
welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!
ok what phone do you have? what rom was it? do you have a link for the rom?

not really sure what you mean by "new back ups". are they your nandroid backups? and can you restore it?
__________________
The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate........Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe
I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be........Douglas Adams
ocnbrze is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 07:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have a samsung galaxy s3, and dowloaded the latest liquid smooth rom which can be found here LiquidSmooth ROM for Galaxy S3! [AT&T/Sprint/T-Mobile/Verizon/Cricket/MetroPCS/USCellular] | Galaxy S3 Root. I am a Canadian so I ran it with the AT&T version. Basically it appears that my original backup of my phone is no longer in the recovery storage area. It is only on my internal sd card.
By new back ups i mean that I can create a backup of my phone now (which has the rom) and I will be able to restore it using that backup.
So Is there anyway I can get it so clockwork recovery will recognize it? or use a different method of putting it on?
Also I have the file both on my phone and my computer so I can move it around a bit.
x306xsexy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 07:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnbrze View Post
welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!
ok what phone do you have? what rom was it? do you have a link for the rom?

not really sure what you mean by "new back ups". are they your nandroid backups? and can you restore it?
a
x306xsexy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 10:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
 
ocnbrze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: los angeles
Gender: Male
Posts: 23,327
 
Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, HTC Evo 4g LTE(no longer have), HTC 3vo(no longer have), HTC EVO (not activated)
Carrier: Sprint

Thanks: 29,823
Thanked 14,309 Times in 9,164 Posts
ocnbrze@gmail.com
Default

ok being that you are canadian, i moved your thread to the s3 international root forum.


so when you go into the backup and restore option then select restore in cwm, you do not see the file? does cwm see the sd card at all? does it give an error?
ocnbrze is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
SUroot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 23,926
 
Device(s): SGS3 (Current) HTC Desire (Retired)
Carrier: 3 UK

Thanks: 1,923
Thanked 5,324 Times in 3,995 Posts
Default

I think before we go any further, we need to clarify exactly what model you have.

The international is the GT-i9300


All clockworkmod backups are either /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup or /extSdCard/clockworkmod/backup

Non - cwm backups cannot be restored with cwm. "Install zip" options will only show zips in folders, not backups..
SUroot is offline  
Last edited by SUroot; February 1st, 2013 at 11:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnbrze View Post
ok being that you are canadian, i moved your thread to the s3 international root forum.


so when you go into the backup and restore option then select restore in cwm, you do not see the file? does cwm see the sd card at all? does it give an error?
It sees the sd card completely. If i go to install from zip i can scroll over the backup. It just doesnt appear in the "restore" option. Also there is no error. Just file not found.
on a side note. Im having great difficulties removing this rom. I tried factory restoring, wiping the dalvik cache and intalling another but it will not go away
x306xsexy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUroot View Post
I think before we go any further, we need to clarify exactly what model you have.

The international is the GT-i9300


All clockworkmod backups are either /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup or /extSdCard/clockworkmod/backup

Non - cwm backups cannot be restored with cwm. "Install zip" options will only show zips in folders, not backups..
It is the sgh-I747m. also I know it won't load its just my point that my file is there. It can be found inside my sd in the /clockworkmod/backup folder. but the restore that words is found before entering the 0/ portion of my sd card where all my fiiles can be found, and just in a /clockworkmod/backup folder
x306xsexy is offline  
Last edited by x306xsexy; February 1st, 2013 at 11:30 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:34 AM   #9 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
SUroot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 23,926
 
Device(s): SGS3 (Current) HTC Desire (Retired)
Carrier: 3 UK

Thanks: 1,923
Thanked 5,324 Times in 3,995 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by x306xsexy View Post
It is the sgh-I747m. also I know it won't load its just my point that my file is there. It can be found inside my sd in the /clockworkmod/backup folder. but the restore that words is found before entering the 0/ portion of my sd card where all my fiiles can be found, and just in a /clockworkmod/backup folder
Ok, your model is not the international version so I don't really want to start giving advice on a phone that is not my area.

I'll speak to a guide about this... See where is more appropriate, but as you mentioned earlier, the AT&T model is the closest version.
SUroot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUroot View Post
Ok, your model is not the international version so I don't really want to start giving advice on a phone that is not my area.

I'll speak to a guide about this... See where is more appropriate, but as you mentioned earlier, the AT&T model is the closest version.
Yes and it is what is recommended for the flashes. Thanks a ton for the help to everybody.
Also I cannot remove the rom that is currently on my phone. I don't know if I am making an error but I system formated, wiped the Dalvik cache and then tried to reinstill another that functioned better. but the original Liquid Smooth rom remained.
x306xsexy is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:45 AM   #11 (permalink)
ROM Developer
 
SUroot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 23,926
 
Device(s): SGS3 (Current) HTC Desire (Retired)
Carrier: 3 UK

Thanks: 1,923
Thanked 5,324 Times in 3,995 Posts
Default

I've PM'd Shotgun84, resident guide (in the international area at least) so hopefully he can decide where your thread should sit better. My knowledge only extends to the GT-i9300 so any advice I give could be really wrong for you.

Good luck, hope you get it sorted.

By the way, did your recovery change when flashing the ROM?
SUroot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 11:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Shotgun84's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cambridgeshire, England
Posts: 5,245
 
Device(s): Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 ROM: WanamLite, Kernel: KT-SGS4
Carrier: 3UK

Thanks: 1,613
Thanked 3,037 Times in 1,815 Posts
Default

Welcome to the forum.

I've moved this to the at&t all things root as others there will be better equipped to help you.I hope you get sorted
Shotgun84 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 12:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUroot View Post
I've PM'd Shotgun84, resident guide (in the international area at least) so hopefully he can decide where your thread should sit better. My knowledge only extends to the GT-i9300 so any advice I give could be really wrong for you.

Good luck, hope you get it sorted.

By the way, did your recovery change when flashing the ROM?
I was after flashing the rom that the recovery moved yes.
x306xsexy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 12:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 8
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun84 View Post
Welcome to the forum.

I've moved this to the at&t all things root as others there will be better equipped to help you.I hope you get sorted
Thank you
x306xsexy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
clock, clockwork, clockworkmod, clockworkmod recovery, error, fail, mod, recovery, work


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S3 > (AT&T) Galaxy S3 - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.