Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S4 > (AT&T) Galaxy S4 - All Things Root

Get excited for the Samsung Galaxy S5! Find everything you need and discuss it in our Galaxy S5 Forum!

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old December 9th, 2013, 12:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 14
 
Device(s):
Carrier: AT&T

Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default How to unroot phone?

I have an Att Galaxy S4. It's the MF3 version. I rooted it and it works fine but I want to revert to stock ROM. I know nothing about flashing Roms as I only tweaked the phone via modules. In any case, whenever I try to reset the phone, it goes into Odin Mode. It goes into mode when I try to go into recovery mode as well. Odin Mode is a nightmare. Any suggestions?

mkchillin is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old December 9th, 2013, 01:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 50
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 7
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkchillin View Post
I have an Att Galaxy S4. It's the MF3 version. I rooted it and it works fine but I want to revert to stock ROM. I know nothing about flashing Roms as I only tweaked the phone via modules. In any case, whenever I try to reset the phone, it goes into Odin Mode. It goes into mode when I try to go into recovery mode as well. Odin Mode is a nightmare. Any suggestions?

You could sign up to sammobile.com (free) download the stock rom for your device from there and install when in odin mode

BEFORE TAKE A LOOK AT THIS !!!!!!
Knox Security & locked bootloader on new firmwares
scotty001 is offline  
Last edited by scotty001; December 9th, 2013 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Update info regarding KNOX & Poss bricking device
Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2013, 07:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
ironass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Cotswolds, England
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,979
 
Device(s): SGS4 GT-i9505. Rooted. GE KitKat 4.4.2 Danvdh ROM. Baseband: NC9. Kernel: ktoonsez+PhilZ
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks: 1,083
Thanked 3,594 Times in 2,385 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty001 View Post
You could sign up to sammobile.com (free) download the stock rom for your device from there and install when in odin mode
Since the forced closure of hotfile.com, SamMobile are struggling to get an alternative server and upload their stock Samsung firmwares. In any case, they were only showing Android 4.2.2 firmwares available for download on the AT&T model, SGH-i337, which you cannot flash to phones on Android 4.3. Samsung Updates Live do not even give firmwares for the AT&T, S4, model now, it would seem

Quote:
BEFORE TAKE A LOOK AT THIS !!!!!!
Knox Security & locked bootloader on new firmwares
As per scotty001's link, this explains why you cannot go back to Android 4.2.2 if you are on Android 4.3 in #1.1.
__________________
Did you know that hitting the Thanks button is quicker than typing it and the Search button is your friend.

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS
ironass is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S4 > (AT&T) Galaxy S4 - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.