September 12th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 176 Times in 68 Posts
For a complimentary guide to our video, this written guide will help walk you through disassembly and a repair.
This guide is aimed at helping you replace the following HTC T-Mobile G2 repair parts:
- HTC T-Mobile G2 LCD Screen
- HTC T-Mobile G2 Touch Screen Digitizer
HTC T-Mobile G2 LCD screen take apart repair guide:
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- T5 Torx Screwdriver
- Remove the back cover, battery, sim card, memory card of the phone. Use a “T5 Torx” screwdriver and remove the 3 screws vertically. Use a safe open pry tool and get between the sides of the phone to release the clips.
- Remove all the screws located on every sides of the phone using Phillips screwdriver. Use a safe open pry tool and open the 2 jaw lock connectors and release the flex cables located on the right side of the phone.
- Ease the motherboard away from the rest of the phone to access the flex cable underneath. Use a safe open pry tool to release the pop connector ribbon cable. When the cable has been released; gently remove the motherboard from the rest of the phone by peering back the sticker attached.
- Free the mid frame from the slight assembly of the phone. Use a small Phillips screwdriver and then remove all Phillips screws located on the right side of the phone. Fold the slight assembly to one side then use a sharp blade, cut and lift up the plastic cover to reveal the screws.
- Remove all the Phillips screws on the left side using small Phillips screwdriver. Use again the Safe Open Pry Tool to release the pop ribbon cables underneath the taken section.
- Use the small Torx Phillip to remove the remaining screws. Remove the motherboard layer of the phone using the safe pry tool.
Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.