September 1st, 2011, 11:24 PM
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Device(s): G2x (Current),
Nexus One (Former),
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 43 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Jughead32
I'm coming from an iPhone 3GS and so far I'm loving this thing is just had a few questions that have me crying for my iPhone.
1. Is there a way to have it beep or something if your on a call and get a text?
2. To control music do I always have to cycle through the screens or is there a quick push button like iPhones double tap home?
3. I swore I read that the g2x could disable email accounts based on gps location. Ie..leave work no more work notifications? Was it another phone or was I drunk?
4. I found a setting to turn of text and email notifications between times and now I can't find it again.
1. It should beep when you get a text. You can also enable vibration in the text message menu. Then it should make your ear ring.
2. "There's an app for that." Or you can just use the default widget on the home screen. I use Quick Desk
, but it tends to be slow sometime (of course, it could have just been my old phone.) Free version is available, too.
3. You were prolly drunk.
. However, you were probably looking at [url="https://market.android.com/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&feature=s earch_result"] Tasker. It's total automation at your fingertips, except you don't have to use your fingertips at all! I think there's a 2 week trial available for it.
4. Are you sure about that? I really can't think of anything like that. However, Tasker would be able to do that easily for you.