April 16th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 176 Times in 68 Posts
How TO Fix LG G2X Screen
Does your outer touch screen and LCD display screen have cracks or damage? Following this written repair guide will insure a quick and secure repair for your LG G2X P999.
This guide will help you to install the following LG G2X P999 part(s):
- LG G2X Glass Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
- LG G2X LCD Display Screen Replacement
- Other LG G2X Parts
- Safe open pry tool
- Small Phillips
- Hot Air Gun / Hair Dryer (optional)
- Adhesive Strips (For Touch Screen Replacement)
LG G2X P999 Touch Screen Replacement Guide:
- Remove the back cover, the battery, sim card and the memory card.
- Remove the eight (8) screws using a small Phillips screwdriver.
To expose the hidden screws, use safe pry tool and gently release the back cover plastics at the bottom and top section of the phone. You can now remove the five (5) small Phillips screws located on the motherboard and lower housing.
Disconnect all the 5 pop flex cables using safe pry tool as shown at the figure as well as the camera and antenna wire.
Next, ease up the loud speaker and lightly raise up the motherboard and checked for any other connections or screws. The motherboard can then be completely removed from the device.
The rubber filler can be removed using safe pry tool and this is located at the top bottom beside the loud speaker.
- You can now release the clips holding the touch screen (with front housing) and the LCD screen together using safe pry tool.
- The LCD screen can now be pried out using a safe open pry tool and replaced.
- To remove the touch screen from the front housing, use a heat gun or hair drier to heat the adhesive on the front housing holding the screen in place. Use quick movements around the outside edges for about 30-60 seconds on medium heat. You can then use a safe pry tool to release all the adhesive holding the screen in place.
Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.