Shabbypenguin, k0nane and the OUD Hit Squad present...
OUDHS CWM-Based Recovery 22.214.171.124 for T-Mo GS4
Shabbypenguin did all of the work required for this - have you fed your devs today?
Read the whole post before continuing!
Hey look, a fully-working recovery! This is an official release of OUDHSR for jftletmo and is unique to this device. Other carriers' devices have their own builds. In large part, this is like other CWM builds you're used to... but with some unique features to come - and of course, touch support (as of 126.96.36.199) I was asked by Shabbypenguin to release this for our device. Thank him for it, not me!
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
- Download Odin 3.07 - see section below.
- Download the recovery TAR - see section below.
- Extract the contents of odin-307.zip. Do not try to extract files from the .tar.md5.
- Run Odin 3.07.exe, and prepare Odin:
- Check "auto-reboot", and uncheck all other options.
- Click PDA and select the TAR you downloaded. Leave other fields empty.
- Don't panic. Odin may freeze while it checks the MD5 signature of the TAR. This is normal.
- Put your device into Download Mode:
- Power down fully and disconnect the USB cable.
- Hold Volume Down + Power.
- You should now be at Download Mode. Connect your device and wait for it to be recognized.
- Click Start in Odin.
- Wait! When complete, Odin should appear like the following:
That's it! Your device will autoreboot.
Q: How do I get into recovery?
Power off, and hold Volume Up + Power until you see blue "Recovery booting" text in the corner. Let go when you do, or it might reboot again.
Q: Can I flash this on another US GS4 variant?
That's a bad idea. This contains asserts specific to the T-Mo GS4, and ROMs that check to make sure you're flashing on the right device will fail. Besides, you have a version for your device, check its forum.
Q: Did you steal touch from TWRP?
Q: I liked the funky text! Can I reenable it?
Try rotating your device a bunch of times.
Q: Will this add a triangle to my boot screen?
Probably not. We haven't seen one. If it does, oh well, see disclaimer above.
Q: Dafuq are these colors?!
A: What, you don't like the funk?
Q: I'm colorblind you royal assh0le!
A: I'm... genuinely sorry if this is unreadable to anyone, colorblind or otherwise.
Q: So you're going to release a normal-colored one?
A: Now, I didn't say that... But official CWM is due rather soon.
Q: How about root?
Sure. Use Chainfire's SuperSU 1.25+
. Put it on your device, reboot to recovery, and flash it. Easy.
- Shabbypenguin: for being made of 99.99% pure awesome, or liquid metal (but seriously he did this, not me)
- Garawynn: assistance in setting up jftle-common items
- mattlgroff: testing of pre-final build
- Cyanogen (Steve Kondik): fixes to jflte-common tree
- Koush and the entire CyanogenMod project: CWM itself
This is not, and will never be
donationware. However, bandwidth and time isn't free. The donation button below leads to Shabbypenguin.
Your generosity - if you feel like showing it - is highly appreciated! Thank you!