Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S4 > (T-Mobile) Galaxy S4 - All Things Root

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By xXchrizhurtyXx
  • 1 Post By xXchrizhurtyXx
  • 1 Post By leooo

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old October 27th, 2013, 07:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default video / movie files :@

Hello everyone,

thanks for taking the time to read in advance! I recently took the leap from iphone to android and I havnt looked back since! I love the phone and bought a 64gb samsung sd card for it (my main gripe with the iphone as well as itunes)

Anyway my question is it seems there are two apps to buy movies on playstore and the purple colored icon called 'videos'

the videos app gave me a free film download which is great but I have no idea where the file is.

basically I am asking:

1) when you buy a film or tv series do you download it to your phone so you can watch it anywhere?

2) can I watch purchased films on videos or play store anywhere even with no signal? Eg a plane...

3) am I missing something obvious like a torrent or a magic app that allows the above

4) how do I watch these on my tv at home through my xbox360?

Sorry im such a n00b but its really bugging me.

thanks for any help or suggestions,

Lee

Advertisements
leooo is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old October 27th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Sorry this is in the wrong place. I have copied it into the media section so this post can be deleted cheers
leooo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
xXchrizhurtyXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bronx NY
Posts: 486
 
Device(s): Tmobile Galaxy S4 (Current), Galaxy Note 2 (girlfriend's now), HTC Amaze 4G (x), Samsung Galaxy S
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 64
Thanked 214 Times in 161 Posts
hurtado.christian13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leooo View Post
Hello everyone,

thanks for taking the time to read in advance! I recently took the leap from iphone to android and I havnt looked back since! I love the phone and bought a 64gb samsung sd card for it (my main gripe with the iphone as well as itunes)

Anyway my question is it seems there are two apps to buy movies on playstore and the purple colored icon called 'videos'

the videos app gave me a free film download which is great but I have no idea where the file is.

basically I am asking:

1) when you buy a film or tv series do you download it to your phone so you can watch it anywhere?

2) can I watch purchased films on videos or play store anywhere even with no signal? Eg a plane...

3) am I missing something obvious like a torrent or a magic app that allows the above

4) how do I watch these on my tv at home through my xbox360?

Sorry im such a n00b but its really bugging me.

thanks for any help or suggestions,

Lee
You actually are in the right section.
The Google Play Movies store allows you to buy movies that will be owned by your Google Account. You will then be able to download that movie onto your desktop.

The purple videos icon is a collection of all the videos on your phone. Whether it be movies or videos you've recorded. You can also buy videos through the Samsung Store which the purple icons connect you to. This is not connected to your google play store and is synced with your Samsung Account.

Of course there are ways to download movies and drag them into your phone and just watch them like that.

In order to see them on your xbox 360 you actually might need to burn them on a disk or something. Actually putting them on the sd card might work, but i know that the internal storage is emulated and doesn't work with the 360 or any other console.

Hopefully ive helped. @leooo
leooo likes this.
__________________
If I Helped you in ANY way. Please click the Thanks Button!!!!
Current Device: SGH-M919 (T-Mobile S4)
If you dont have a cloud storage i suggest getting one and maybe even using this link http://mfi.re/?mm3up4t

xXchrizhurtyXx is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xXchrizhurtyXx For This Useful Post:
leooo (October 27th, 2013), mike28 (October 27th, 2013)
Old October 27th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Wow cool thanks!! At least I know im doing the right thing lol. I dont suppose you know where the files of movies that I buy are kept do you? And if I cant watch either samsung store or play store anywhere even with no signal do you?
leooo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
xXchrizhurtyXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bronx NY
Posts: 486
 
Device(s): Tmobile Galaxy S4 (Current), Galaxy Note 2 (girlfriend's now), HTC Amaze 4G (x), Samsung Galaxy S
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 64
Thanked 214 Times in 161 Posts
hurtado.christian13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leooo View Post
Wow cool thanks!! At least I know im doing the right thing lol. I dont suppose you know where the files of movies that I buy are kept do you? And if I cant watch either samsung store or play store anywhere even with no signal do you?
Ok i think you'd have to download the movies first (if there's an option for offline playback) then check the movies folder of the internal storage. If it's not there check the download folder. And if it's still not there than its probably caches somewhere temporary.
leooo likes this.
xXchrizhurtyXx is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xXchrizhurtyXx For This Useful Post:
leooo (October 27th, 2013)
Old October 27th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Thanks your a star! Im off to buy walking dead and family guy lol
xXchrizhurtyXx likes this.
leooo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
xXchrizhurtyXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Bronx NY
Posts: 486
 
Device(s): Tmobile Galaxy S4 (Current), Galaxy Note 2 (girlfriend's now), HTC Amaze 4G (x), Samsung Galaxy S
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 64
Thanked 214 Times in 161 Posts
hurtado.christian13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leooo View Post
Thanks your a star! Im off to buy walking dead and family guy lol
No problem. Have fun lol
xXchrizhurtyXx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
Tags
movie, movie download movie download apps


Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > Samsung Galaxy S4 > (T-Mobile) Galaxy S4 - All Things Root
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.