January 4th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Windy City of Chicago
Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S4 (T-Mobile) (rooted stock), Samsung Galaxy S 2 (T-Mobile) (retired), HP Touchpad (R
Carrier: T-Mobile (2gig data plan)
Thanked 123 Times in 104 Posts
Updating from 4.2.2 to 4.3 without Knox?
Here is a question that has just completely made me bang my head into my desk literally.
The ultimate goal - update modem from MDL to MK2!
I would like this to happen so that I can install the stock (knox free) 4.3 rom and not have much problems therefore updating to 4.3 rom without picking up this stupid knox! Just a disclaimer I really will not be buying a samsung phone in the future because of this idiocy of locking bootloaders down.
Here is where I am and where I want to go.
1. Rooted 4.2.2 - TWRP recovery!
2. Backed up everything and their mother to be able to have all I need available if something goes wrong - it has numerous times.
3. have the modified modem.bin file from the xda forums which when flashed is supposed to update the modem version to mk2.
Here is what I do and what happens.
1. Shut phone down
2. Put into odin mode
3. plug into computer
4. in odin make sure nothing is checked - no auto reboot no repartition no f reset time no flash lock no led control nothing
5. Click on phone and select modem.bin
6. press start
it gets to receive response from bootloader and it says fail with big red letters in the upper left above the port ID!
Does anyone know of any way I can go about getting this process to succeed so that I can enjoy the 4.3 roms?
I have tried the process with both Odin 3.07 and 3.04!
Is it bad that I like code???