Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > T-Mobile MyTouch 3G

test: Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old February 25th, 2010, 03:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default 4GB SD Card - Blank, unspotted file system - cannot format

Im brand new to this android stuff, ive had BBs for years. I baught this mytouch 3g from this guy today and put my sd and sim in it. no problems. worked instantly. figured out how to go look at my media and play with my camera and it said please insert sd card.

botton line. its formated. hell i formated it on my bb. ive formated in my mytouch, all it ever says is its blank or unsuported file system and it simply shows up as being there but not useable. avaialble data is not available ect ect. I cant use my damn sd card. but i was working just fine in my bb and i can even access it thru my black berry, i even tried usb mount and it still said i dont have a valid sd inside.

wtf? any noob help? this better be a noob problem not an issue with the phone.

Advertisements
trentonphoenix is offline  
Reply With Quote
sponsored links
Old February 25th, 2010, 05:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Premium Member
 
justjimjpc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Washington DC, USA
Posts: 10,560
 
Device(s): G1(2ea) 1 rooted, MT3G v1.0, Samsung Vibrant, Samsung III, LG SLATE Tablet
Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks: 5
Thanked 220 Times in 104 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentonphoenix View Post
Im brand new to this android stuff, ive had BBs for years. I baught this mytouch 3g from this guy today and put my sd and sim in it. no problems. worked instantly. figured out how to go look at my media and play with my camera and it said please insert sd card.

botton line. its formated. hell i formated it on my bb. ive formated in my mytouch, all it ever says is its blank or unsuported file system and it simply shows up as being there but not useable. avaialble data is not available ect ect. I cant use my damn sd card. but i was working just fine in my bb and i can even access it thru my black berry, i even tried usb mount and it still said i dont have a valid sd inside.

wtf? any noob help? this better be a noob problem not an issue with the phone.
Use a portable USB reader to you PC ... install the SD and copy everything off of it into a folder on the desktop ...

Now format the SD card as FAT32 ...

Copy you data back onto it .. and put it back in your phone ...


__________________
Help Us: Submit FAQ's You have answered over and over! Will add them to OUR FAQ LIB. Check out our FAQ's.... Also Check out our Tag Search. \\\ Running 2 G1's & a MT3G, Vibrant(rooted), Galaxy S: <<< OLD New >>> JUST Samsung S3-32GB & LG GSlate Tablet /// Link for --> G1 Dream ROOT GUIDE ///// Link for --> UN-ROOT GUIDE
.
justjimjpc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 06:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
New Member
Thread Author (OP)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3
 
Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

No, it didnt work. I found all of that and did it. From the time I took it out of my bb and put it into my mytouch, the 4gb card lost something, because windows only recognizes it as a 120kb card now, and cannot successfully format it. The cards fried. So I guess.... be careful guys.
trentonphoenix is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 08:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
jfritzs2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 392
 
Device(s): T-Mobile MyTouch 4G
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 10
Thanked 56 Times in 46 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trentonphoenix View Post
No, it didnt work. I found all of that and did it. From the time I took it out of my bb and put it into my mytouch, the 4gb card lost something, because windows only recognizes it as a 120kb card now, and cannot successfully format it. The cards fried. So I guess.... be careful guys.
Sorry about that, just get replaced, 4GB are really cheap now, the higher the class the better, class 6 is the best, and then come back for all the Android help you need! Good luck!
__________________
Rooted T-Mobile Mytouch4G
CyanogenMod 7 Nightlies
16GB Class 6 Micro SD
www.twitter.com/jordanfritzsche
If you use my work, make it worth the time and donate! - Click here
jfritzs2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2010, 09:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BiGMERF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 6,080
 
Device(s): Transformer Prime and GSM Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanks: 57
Thanked 273 Times in 208 Posts
Send a message via AIM to BiGMERF Send a message via Yahoo to BiGMERF Tainosolja@gmail.com
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfritzs2 View Post
Sorry about that, just get replaced, 4GB are really cheap now, the higher the class the better, class 6 is the best, and then come back for all the Android help you need! Good luck!
i agree with what he said.. but if your gonna buy a new 4 might as well go 8 for a cpl of bucks more. you will be happy you did later. alot more multimedia potential you will want to take advantage of with your mytouch
__________________
Twitter= BiGMERF
Google Plus = http://bit.ly/vfQSe8
BiGMERF is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BiGMERF For This Useful Post:
BucWild (February 25th, 2010)
Reply

T-Mobile MyTouch 3G
Current Rating:
Rate this Phone:

While Americans enjoyed having the first ever Android Phone - the T-Mobile G1 - launch on their shores, Round 2 has began!. After watching the rest of the world enjoy the full touchscreen HTC Magic for months, T-Mobile USA reincarnated the phone as... Read More



Go Back   Android Forums > Android Phones > T-Mobile MyTouch 3G
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.