April 16th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Thread Author (OP)
Join Date: Aug 2010
Carrier: Not Provided
Thanked 175 Times in 68 Posts
How To Fix MyTouch 4G Screen
This take apart repair guide will walk you through the steps of disassembling your MyTouch 4G. This guide shows how the LCD, touch screen, and internal parts can be replaced may be replaced. Follow this guide for a quick and safe repair.
This guide will help your replace the following parts on your HTC MyTouch 4G:
- HTC MyTouch 4G Touch Screen Replacement
- HTC MyTouch 4G LCD Screen Replacement
- Safe Open Pry Tool
- T5 Torx Screwdriver
- Small Phillips Screwdriver
- Heat Gun / Hairdryer (optional)
HTC MyTouch 4G Screen Repair Guide:
- Remove first the back battery cover, the battery, sim card and the memory card.
- Remove the two (2) T5 Torx Screws from the housing and the small Phillips screw placed below the sim card holder.
- We can now use a safe open pry tool to release all of the clips holding the back housing in place.
- Next, remove the four (4) T5 Torx Screws that surround the outside of the back housing. Use safe pry tool to remove the bottom cover.
Gently release the three (3) flex cables using flat head screwdriver or safe pry tool. Remove the back housing (frame) by simply releasing the clips on the outside of the back housing using a safe pry tool.
Use safe pry tool or flat head screwdriver to release the power button flex cable. Also release the two (2) pop connectors on the motherboard using safe pry tool. Then you can now release the vibrate motor and gently ease the motherboard out, use safe pry tool to release the clips. Underneath the motherboard, there is one flex cable that is connected.
- Lift on the side of the alligator (jaw) clip to release the cable and carefully remove it. You can now put the motherboard to the side since it is out.
- Heat the adhesive under the front of the screen using heat gun or hair dryer. Once heated, lift the front touch screen digitizer using safe pry tool and place it above the phone. Be careful as it is still held in by a flex cable. Heat the back of the screen to soften the adhesive.
- You can now remove the LCD screen from the front housing of the phone. Ease the touchscreen flex cable through the frame. You can now able to replace both the LCD screen and the touch screen digitizer.
Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.